True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 05 October 2009 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE ("synopsis")
The story is set in a city of scientifically advanced superhuman students, but in a world where magic is also real. Supernatural powers exist through science, and magic exists through religion. ‘University City.’ 2.3 million inhabitants. 80% of the students are active in the ‘Brain Development Program’ and out of those only 7 are Level 5s. Meet the civilian protagonist Mikoto and her friend Kuroko, maintainers of peace and order at the University district, as members of the 'Judgment'.

Opening Theme:

Ending Theme:

This is the spinoff of the series To Aru Majutsu no Index, but you don't have to watch Index to understand Railgun (a quick wiki will do the trick). This anime is based off the manga which focuses on Misaka Mikoto since when the Index anime aired her popularity soared incredibly and thus she was given her own series. It's a really awesome anime set in a unique universe and follows her path. Great character development filled with action and comedy. Watch it!

-Manga: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

#2 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 05 October 2009 - 02:00 AM

This is a very interesting anime. I probably should have checked out the wiki page before I watched it though. I literally thought those two girls were sisters before I thought something was off, and then I went back to check their last names and figured they were different. XD

Like True said, it's got excellent character development and a good fill of action. Looks can be so deceiving. I thought that Mikoto would be a submissive sort of girl (she reminded me of Juri from Digimon Tamers) but ten seconds into the episode I was proved wrong. I reeeaaally like Mikoto now. biggrin.gif

I'm going to keep an eye out for this anime. Does anyone know how many episodes it's going to be?

#3 Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Sometimes I get to poetic for my own good!

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Reading Fanfiction and video games(lately it's only being the former)

Posted 09 October 2009 - 04:30 PM

Just finished watching episode 1 now and boy it was good, I'm definetely into this anime and I'm off to read the manga Gotta thank ya True! a_thumbs.gif

#4 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 03:17 AM

Glad you two like it so far. The manga is quite good but I don't know how the anime will turn out. They've seriously turned up the fanservice and out placed the source material. The second half of Episode two is actually chapter 17...I hope JC staff sticks to the original.

DDL: [Mazui]To Aru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 2
TOR: [Mazui] To Aru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 2

Even though I thought the fanservice was WAY over done (in the manga it's used for light comedic relief, not based for an entire episode) it was nice and entertaining and Kuroko was quite funny all the way throughout. Also, even though Kuroko herself is interested in Misaka, the latter has her own love interest.
novel spoilers --Click here to view--
In the later volumes she admits she's in love with Touma (he was the guy she chased down at the start)--which is quite a popular pairing in Japan so I think they may give some good moments in the Railgun anime since he makes an appearance, and is in the OP when Misaka is near the vending machine.

Hopefully this is all just character introduction and the next one focuses on the action/story. The anime should have a good direction by episode 3/4 and decide whether it's a make or break.

#5 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 11 October 2009 - 04:45 AM

Reading the manga, I'll be damned if its not good.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#6 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:55 PM

I finished the chapters that OM had.

I like the concept, but Middle School... really?

(The doctor lady was hot, but she was the only main-ish chara that didn't make me feel like a pedo.)
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#7 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 11:40 PM

^LOL you feel like a pedo?!

And in the novel their all 15/16 but are still in middle school. I guess it's the different version from Japan?

#8 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 11:42 PM

It said that some of them were first year middle schoolers.

(Tbh, the girl with pigtails just reminds me of something like Strike Witches. XD)

#9 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 11:46 PM

Yeah, they seem that way...but Misaka is the only character that's important and luckily there is no random pantsu flashes from her. My waifu is pure!

#10 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 12:19 AM

rolleyes.gif

Maybe I would have liked it more if I were in the mood for an actiony story.

I've been looking for a good shoujo for a while, but nothin' has me hooked.

#11 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 03:42 AM

So the second straight filler episode, but not a bad one. Good interaction + comedic moments setups the upcoming plot. No word yet on how long the series is going to be, but if they're adding so much filler currently I HOPE it's a 24 episode series so they can include the 1st arc and get the ending of the 2nd arc from the author of the manga, but if there is no real change in episode 4 then it may become a Slice of Life and I will absolutely rage at kittening JC Staff and their f-----y. I want to see Misaka kick ass and take names, not eat God damn cake and drink tea. Either way good episode 7/10.

#12 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 24 October 2009 - 02:57 PM

[Ayako] Railgun 4 HQ DDL TOR
[Ayako] Railgun 4 LQ DDL TOR
[Mazui] Railgun 4 DDL TOR

So we finally get to see some MisakaxTouma.

Funny, how the researcher started calling Misaka 'Tsundere'.

Edited by Paradox Jast, 24 October 2009 - 03:41 PM.

#13 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 05:22 PM

THIS! This is first episode!

Lots of focus on Misaka and we finally get Touma in the action. The Stripper Lady scenes were hilarious and had some great interaction with Misaka, but the Misaka/Touma topped that with how great they were together. The end fight was awesome and well done and I loved how Misaka was going on a berserk fury because she couldn't defeat Touma. When he fakes defeat and she gets even more angry was simply perfect. Kuroko being batsh!t crazy and hilarious at the same time. Great character interaction + humor + action + slight plot progression. This is how it's done JC Staff!

Finally a great episode, 8.5/10

#14 Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Sometimes I get to poetic for my own good!

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Reading Fanfiction and video games(lately it's only being the former)

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:41 PM

Just finished watching episode 4 on youtube and I have to say it was a pretty funny episode, to watch I liked espicially the iron sand move misaka used it's very cool and probably deadly if she wasn't fighting who she was.

#15 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:19 PM

http://www.project-railgun.net/

According to the official site, Railgun may be more than likely a 24 episode series.

#16 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:30 PM

I really need to learn to read Japanese. Why oh why can't there be more time in the day?

#17 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 02:05 PM

New post instead of an edit so this gets a bump, otherwise it won't update. I don't like double posting - but it's done legit here. I think everyone knows me well enough to understand I'm not trying to abuse the rules.

*hides whip behind back*

Aaaaaaanyway...

[Mazui] Railgun 5 HQ DDL TOR
[Mazui] Railgun 5 LQ DDL TOR
[Ayako] Railgun 5 HQ DDL TOR
[Ayako] Railgun 5 LQ DDL TOR

This episode was 'meh'. I mean, it was fine overall, but I don't really care for the eps where the focus of the entire series (Misaka) doesn't really get any time at all.

Edited by Paradox Jast, 31 October 2009 - 04:14 PM.

#18 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 02:51 AM

Yeah it's not a double post if it is a different date, simply a 'bump'. Thanks for posting the link(s)!

And yeah this episode was alright. If you like Kuroko you get some good character development, and if you don't like her..well you get to see her beaten up quite nicely tongue.gif I don't really like Uiharu cause her squeaking is annoying, but luckily wasn't all to focused on her.

They're getting the character development and such out of the way early so we can focus on the major arc(s) later on since its a 24 episode series. Preview of next episode is Misaka so that's going to be awesome! biggrin.gif

#19 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:15 AM

I'm don't know if anyone was looking forward to the full version of the OP as much as I was, but I only just remembered that it was out and thought I'd post it. I'm in love with this song. The music video is a bit odd for my tastes but the music is all that matters to me. happy.gif

I'm liking Railgun more and more ever since Touma showed up. I'm glad it's going to be more than twelve episodes.

#20 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:59 PM

Thanks for posting that PB! I was really looking forward to the full version and man I love this song smile.gif

EDIT: Holy crap that is an weird yet crazy video!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users