31579 replies to this topic

#29781 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 15 July 2021 - 05:01 PM

Apparently, Naruto was the third highest rated kid show on Netflix in 2020 not sure if that's counting Boruto. 

OG Naruto, the one with Team 7 cover, focusing on Naruto Sasuke Sakura journey, with lots of NS moments? Of course! I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Curious what's no. 1, 2, 4 and 5

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#29782 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 15 July 2021 - 07:14 PM

I could go on about the wasted potential for days. DAYS. lol.

Some of my biggest questions are:

What happened to Kushina's family and the rest of the Whirlpool refugees were supposed to have gone to Konoha? How does a child, who is apparently more powerful and equipped to be a bijuu host than any other shinobi in the Leaf, end up alone in a foreign village?

What is the connection between the Uzumaki refugees (like Nagato and Karin) to Naruto? (Of course, to know that, then you'd have to focus on Naruto's story. And we can't have that in a manga named after him. duh-doy.) 

What is the real history of Jiraiya, Orochimaru and Tsunade? Orochimaru was the Third's favorite student, and was also apparently a genius medic. Jiraiya was being trained to become Kage. And Tsunade...? She was a great medic and very powerful nin, but she left that all behind when she was young. So it is a very winding path that lead her back to being Kage, over the two teammates who were so much more favored by the Kage than she was.

— Also, those three are legit, well-known mythological characters in Japan. Would have liked to have had so much more based on their adventures, instead of more nonsense about the overpowered Uchihas.

Where are ALL the Senju? How are Minato and Kushina the most powerful people in the village, and apparently both orphans? So much so that when their son is left parent-less after they gave their lives to save the village, there is NO ONE who will take up for him. Especially not the Third - he leaves Naruto's care to Kakashi (another orphan), only after Narutuo is about 10-11. Where are the Senju clan or the Uzumaki refugees? 

And don't get me started on how the medic/chakra users power is handed down. So many straight-up chakra wielders like Sakura in the story, but everything revolves are the Uchiha, the Hyuuga, Nagato and anyone else with eye jutsus. Konan, Tsunade, Chiyo, Sasori, Orochimaru, Kabuto and Sakura — these are massive characters in the story. But their power takes a back seat to the sharingan. 

So. Much. Wasted. Potential.

The Uzumaki/Whirlpool Village history, and refugees were suddenly gone because the editors wanted more Uchiha stuff, especially at the war, despite having a lot of information given to the audiences in the franchise's run. 

We were supposed to get Itachi's stories and Minato's via Gaiden materials but that just went off and gone because everyone was in NH-lovefest mode with the Last. 

There are too much potential down the drain here.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#29783 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 16 July 2021 - 12:40 AM

Again if this was another writer and they had a spine it might have gone another way.

I mean I have said it before if I was Kishi and everyone kept bugging me about NH/Hinata off then looked at my editors with a smug face and said. There now shes dead, can I do the story I want to write and not you.

#29784 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 16 July 2021 - 04:01 AM

OG Naruto, the one with Team 7 cover, focusing on Naruto Sasuke Sakura journey, with lots of NS moments? Of course! I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Curious what's no. 1, 2, 4 and 5

1-10:

Boss Babies

Naruto

Ladybug and Cat Noir

Pj Mask

Garfeild

Johney Test

Legend of Korra

Scooby Doo Mystery Incorperated

Cocomelon

#29785 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 16 July 2021 - 12:06 PM

Again if this was another writer and they had a spine it might have gone another way.

I mean I have said it before if I was Kishi and everyone kept bugging me about NH/Hinata off then looked at my editors with a smug face and said. There now shes dead, can I do the story I want to write and not you.

ha nice show the editors the story is still yours not theirs 

#29786 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 16 July 2021 - 02:31 PM

The Uzumaki/Whirlpool Village history, and refugees were suddenly gone because the editors wanted more Uchiha stuff, especially at the war, despite having a lot of information given to the audiences in the franchise's run. 

We were supposed to get Itachi's stories and Minato's via Gaiden materials but that just went off and gone because everyone was in NH-lovefest mode with the Last. 

There are too much potential down the drain here.

Being robbed of the Senju history was really disappointing — and then to have it be Sasuke the one who goes to the old clan compound. Which apparently Naruto didn't even know existed? Really makes Naruto looke like a chump for never connecting to his clan that way. And it also makes the rest of the village look really awful in raising him like he was an orphan...when the most powerful clan's compound was just sitting around, waiting for him!!

Like, what if this had happened to Sasuke instead? What if Itachi wiped out his clan when he was a baby...and he was raised as an orphan in the village, never knowing his clan was so powerful and never knowing that a giant, walled off area of Konoha belonged to him?

(This would actually make a good fanfic...if you cared about sasuke! lol)

Same with the Uzumaki - Naruto actually encounters red-haired Uzumaki descendants in Nagato and Karin. Both of them are redeemed and are important in the story until the very end, with Karin even being the parallel to Sakura as the Uzumaki that saves Sasuke. It would have been SO EASY to bring the connection full circle there. To explain how that lineage he never knew somehow supported him. 

But nope. *sigh*

#29787 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 16 July 2021 - 03:15 PM

Being robbed of the Senju history was really disappointing — and then to have it be Sasuke the one who goes to the old clan compound. Which apparently Naruto didn't even know existed? Really makes Naruto looke like a chump for never connecting to his clan that way. And it also makes the rest of the village look really awful in raising him like he was an orphan...when the most powerful clan's compound was just sitting around, waiting for him!!

Like, what if this had happened to Sasuke instead? What if Itachi wiped out his clan when he was a baby...and he was raised as an orphan in the village, never knowing his clan was so powerful and never knowing that a giant, walled off area of Konoha belonged to him?

(This would actually make a good fanfic...if you cared about sasuke! lol)

Same with the Uzumaki - Naruto actually encounters red-haired Uzumaki descendants in Nagato and Karin. Both of them are redeemed and are important in the story until the very end, with Karin even being the parallel to Sakura as the Uzumaki that saves Sasuke. It would have been SO EASY to bring the connection full circle there. To explain how that lineage he never knew somehow supported him. 

But nope. *sigh*

This is the kind of stuff I want to try to show focus on in my fanfic, to compensate for what wasn't done in canon and because I feel it would be a lot of fun to work on!

And it reminds us too how even editors beyond Mr. Yanagi and others besides Studio Pierrot never really had respect for Naruto as the main character or his story period to just focus on other stuff and putting it on Kishimoto when he was exhausted a lot of times and also hurting from loss, even if his inability to put his foot down didn't help.

That's why I feel working on The Demon Within is so important, even as I am scared to share it. The fact all this wasted potential is there and the "winners" of the NH community just don't care.

#29788 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 16 July 2021 - 03:35 PM

This is the kind of stuff I want to try to show focus on in my fanfic, to compensate for what wasn't done in canon and because I feel it would be a lot of fun to work on!

And it reminds us too how even editors beyond Mr. Yanagi and others besides Studio Pierrot never really had respect for Naruto as the main character or his story period to just focus on other stuff and putting it on Kishimoto when he was exhausted a lot of times and also hurting from loss, even if his inability to put his foot down didn't help.

That's why I feel working on The Demon Within is so important, even as I am scared to share it. The fact all this wasted potential is there and the "winners" of the NH community just don't care.

Yes! Keep working on it! When it's ready to share, it will feel right and you'll know it! 

There's so much story there that was just abandoned. Like more than I even realized at the end of the manga. But going back to write fanfic, and you start to question motivation and history of the characters, you see that there was so much that could have happened. And it would have been a much better series. Like FMA.

I think they kept adding new characters, and it distracted from the fact that they were no longer moving the plot forward. It no longer focused on anyone who started the story. 

So yeah - keep writing! Your fanfic needs to be out there, filling in the gaps in the story where they didn't care enough to do it!!

#29789 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 16 July 2021 - 05:00 PM

That's because Kishimoto didn't plan anything for the Uzumaki's from the start. The Uchiha always had the Sharingan and the Clan Massacre to work off of.

From how I understand it. Until the Meiji Era only Noble Families had Last names the Names of their Clan. In fact, it was so important when someone had a clan name when someone introduced themselves they say their clan's names first before their own. In other words. Uzumaki, Naruto instead of Naruto Uzumaki. This also gave the Japanese the mindset that the Clan/Group was more important than the individual. Now, that said, while the individual was suppose to serve the clan first, the clan was also suppose to take care of their members. That also led to Japan's problems with orphans. Since, the clans are suppose to take care of the children, and adoptions are suppose to be bring in people that will benefit the clan; not useless non-clan children that would only be a drain on the clan's resources.

So, Naruto was a member of the Uzumaki clan. He was an orphan; so, his parents must be dead. But he was also all alone; which, means his clan must all be dead as well, else they would have been taking care of him. The fourth was his father but since people don't immediately realize that was the case. Must mean he was from a lesser status clan that marry into a higher status clan.

So, the Uzumaki name originally served two purposes one to give Naruto an easy theme name to remember like Hanuro, Sakura and Hatake, Kakashi, as well as hide the fact that the fourth was his father. His mother didn't exist in Kishimoto's mind beyond that until his wife wanted her to appear. Since, it was to please her, he based Kushina off her, and since he was doing the same to Sakura by that point, and/or Sakura is his type; she behaved a lot like Sakura.

Later on, beyond just pleasing his wife, he expanded upon the Uzumaki clan because he wanted to keep paralleling Naruto and Sasuke and trying to justify why people should care/what was so important about Naruto was chasing after Sasuke. Originally, he was fine with just paralleling Naruto to The First and Sasuke to Madara. But it went further and further until it hit the clans. Now Minato could have been a Senju but that meant that Naruto was a somewhat Senju. The founding clan of the village and in theory Tsunade's clan. Which leads to questions of why Tsunade or another Senju wasn't taking care of Naruto and what happened to them anyway? So, to avoid that meant that the Uzumaki had to be suddenly the clan tied to the Uchiha. And so now must be important.

Again originally the Uzumaki was just a cover to hide Naruto was the fourth's son and weren't that important. All the importance came from Minato from his appearance, his actions, and the powers he inherited. But, now the Uzumaki had to be important. So he looked at what Naruto and Kushina had and what wasn't explained by coming from Minato. So, the Uzumaki became a clan of red heads, who were master sealers (originally from Minato,) and with great vitality to the point of have both large chakra reserves and a healing factor (things the originally came from Kurama.)

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 12 November 2021 - 01:27 PM.

#29790 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 16 July 2021 - 05:18 PM

Byron, I felt the same way too with my works, in which I was suppose to start this year but I was busy with real life and work. I really want to bring forth my OC's Natsumi and my way of bringing back Naruto to his original self and the franchise's roots, with a spoiler:

Derock's works

And I agree with Tricksie on new characters, they aren't as exciting and are distraction. They don't follow the aesthetics of the franchise. It's no wonder how Bail's gave nicknames to these Boruto characters.  

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#29791 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 18 July 2021 - 01:24 PM

The manga should have hinged on three storylines: one supporting Naruto and his background; one supporting Sasuke and his; and one about Sakura's journey inheriting the medical/healing chakra from the past. Each should have had struggles with how the past supported and failed them, and how they make the their inherited powers/skills better for the future. And with those unique innovations to their unique powers/skills, they end up saving each other, and as a group become more powerful as Team 7.

Naruto and Sasuke's powers should have been equally matched and in opposition to each other, and it should have been Sakura's unique powers that were able to bridge the gap and bring the two together. Thus the two rivals become more powerful when they are together than they were when they were separate.

All thanks to Sakura, who firmly establishes herself as the element that holds their team together (take that, haters), as was already hinted at by the circle on her back the whole dang time.

And then Naruto and Sakura fall in love. :love:

This could've been the perfect story, aaah! T_T

Also for the story, needless to say I am doing the same with Kaika.

I have a background created that goes beyond even the era of the Sage of Six Paths, actually, lol.

I created bg for Senju, Uchiha, Uzumakis, Haruno, Hyuga etc. And they all fit nicely because guess what? I GIVE A DAMN about these characters.

Even for those that I didn't particularly favor, like Hinata's cuz omg what she ended-up representing.

But that doesn't mean girl should receive some proper love and characterization.

Edited by Chatte, 18 July 2021 - 01:31 PM.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#29792 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 18 July 2021 - 07:30 PM

I have a background created that goes beyond even the era of the Sage of Six Paths, actually, lol.

I created bg for Senju, Uchiha, Uzumakis, Haruno, Hyuga etc. And they all fit nicely because guess what? I GIVE A DAMN about these characters.

Even for those that I didn't particularly favor, like Hinata's cuz omg what she ended-up representing.

But that doesn't mean girl should receive some proper love and characterization.

that's the problem now a days those that are writing don't care about the characters look at marvel and dc

#29793 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 18 July 2021 - 09:13 PM

that's the problem now a days those that are writing don't care about the characters look at marvel and dc

Yeah. Though there's plenty of writers who can show to care for the characters, but too many don't. 

Exactly how I feel too with the story, Chatte! I've been working with my co-creator, Kurt who is a friend of mine from our days in high school and who is one of my best friends, and we've tried to make sure we do come up with some good ideas with how to make things our way and how to make sure we can also be able to tell some great stories too with TDW.

Some of the background I've been working on especially has been tied to not just the Sage of Six Paths/Hagoromo and his brother Homura and what their descendants would do, but also about their abilities and things like that as well as the way the many clans each of the villages, not just the Five Great Villages, have to offer, and what it plays into the story itself.

#29794 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 18 July 2021 - 09:17 PM

Byron, I felt the same way too with my works, in which I was suppose to start this year but I was busy with real life and work. I really want to bring forth my OC's Natsumi and my way of bringing back Naruto to his original self and the franchise's roots, with a spoiler:

Derock's works

And I agree with Tricksie on new characters, they aren't as exciting and are distraction. They don't follow the aesthetics of the franchise. It's no wonder how Bail's gave nicknames to these Boruto characters.  

Sorry to double post, but I remember you mentioned some of that. It reminds me a lot of Mortal Kombat 9, X, and 11, with what Kronika did by having Raiden reset the timeline to be able to execute her plans for her "New Era".

#29795 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 18 July 2021 - 09:28 PM

I know. Nowadays things are done for profit or to push forward some agenda. The good ol' days when they tried to leave a good morale behind of it are gone, sadly.

Yeah. Though there's plenty of writers who can show to care for the characters, but too many don't. 

Exactly how I feel too with the story, Chatte! I've been working with my co-creator, Kurt who is a friend of mine from our days in high school and who is one of my best friends, and we've tried to make sure we do come up with some good ideas with how to make things our way and how to make sure we can also be able to tell some great stories too with TDW.

Some of the background I've been working on especially has been tied to not just the Sage of Six Paths/Hagoromo and his brother Homura and what their descendants would do, but also about their abilities and things like that as well as the way the many clans each of the villages, not just the Five Great Villages, have to offer, and what it plays into the story itself.

You guys really should publish that story already!! 

Really, what you've been telling us here sounds really amazing.

Stop fearing what other fandoms are gonna say, really. You're not writing the story for them anyway!

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#29796 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 19 July 2021 - 12:02 PM

that and you have racist kitten like the guy writing captain amercia to not believe in the american dream and who is going to write a superman movie. and look what's happening to she-hulk and starfire.

I know. Nowadays things are done for profit or to push forward some agenda. The good ol' days when they tried to leave a good morale behind of it are gone, sadly.

You guys really should publish that story already!! 

Really, what you've been telling us here sounds really amazing.

Stop fearing what other fandoms are gonna say, really. You're not writing the story for them anyway!

it's just sad but at least people are calling it out as bs. no wonder magna is winning over comics now

#29797 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 19 July 2021 - 01:57 PM

Question is kishi writing the new boruto manga? All I think is milkmilkmilk

Poor guy should retire :/ manga authors barely get to have a life 

ナルサク

#29798 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 19 July 2021 - 02:21 PM

Derock's works

Squeeze in time to write it, when you can! We need some back-to-roots Naruto!

I am here for allllll your background and character development!! :D

Okay, so this is what I love about Naruto. The Naruto world is so big that there are so many different aspects you can write about. I am not digging too deeply into the Sage storyline, so I looove knowing that you guys are diving into it. Cause I want to read it!!!!

But I love that you can write about so many different parts of the world and still have a great NS-centric story. It could focus on the reincarnation stuff...still end in NS. It could focus on the wars between the villages/shinobi world...still end in NS. It could totally be AU...still end in NS. 

I think the fanfics and fan creations (like our beloved NS zine!), far outshine the manga at this point!!

#29799 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 08:11 AM

Question is kishi writing the new boruto manga? All I think is milkmilkmilk

Poor guy should retire :/ manga authors barely get to have a life 

Not until recently. The writer was, until Chapter 52, one of his former assistants. Then he was fired for "being an emotional loose cannon was it?" So Kishi returned to the manga only as writer and another one of his former assistants is doing the art still.

And agreed. I love manga but absolutely despise the stress it puts on manga artists. I especially despise the kitten business practices WSJ does with cancelling series before they can even stretch their wings if the series is not popular

Edited by Phantom_999, 20 July 2021 - 08:16 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#29800 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 12:10 PM

has anyone been in contact with luckychi7 he's been quite lately

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)