Close
Photo

The Great Naruto Discussion Thread

naruto wtf discuss

• Please log in to reply
31562 replies to this topic

#29761 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 29 June 2021 - 02:16 AM

Further proof how this sequel sucks since they milk Naruto and Sasuke so much

#29762 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 30 June 2021 - 10:05 PM

Apprantly that shinobi striker game has released a DLC of sakura during the war https://youtu.be/iI9gJhXtBFk

#29763 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 30 June 2021 - 10:11 PM

Apprantly that shinobi striker game has released a DLC of sakura during the war https://youtu.be/iI9gJhXtBFk

They also had one for Kawaki

#29764 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 01 July 2021 - 03:00 AM

Further proof how this sequel sucks since they milk Naruto and Sasuke so much

It is telling when big time youtubers for anime like king of lighting only watch boruto when when naruto and sasuke fights https://youtu.be/s3pqNf4xfLg

They also had one for Kawaki

So I hear, but I don't care about him

#29765 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 01 July 2021 - 06:12 AM

I'm not surprised Hinata didn't appear in the anime or have her own game DLC.

She was never relevant to begin with. People claiming she's popular must have been very delusional. Yet, she single handedly destroyed the franchise financially.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#29766 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 01 July 2021 - 11:04 AM

Not her per say, but rather her fanatics’ perception of her. In any case, as you already stated she was not popular except for a select few. Those select few were unfortunately the vocally outspoken ones that gave a pre-assumption of popularity and every executive for Naruto already enamored with her and her eventual “balloon chest” banked on her, because that is what they WANTED to hear. We both know often times individuals only create and perceive the data THEY WANT TO SEE and nothing else :shrug:

Edited by Phantom_999, 04 July 2021 - 09:12 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#29767 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 01 July 2021 - 09:05 PM

It is telling when big time youtubers for anime like king of lighting only watch boruto when when naruto and sasuke fights https://youtu.be/s3pqNf4xfLg

Well, it not like it really interesting when it is not focus on those two. I assume the anime tries to spread its focus to all the character and try to make them likable. The problem is that it seen as filler. While the manga...my summaries should make it clear that it focus on the new less interesting SNS of Bolt & Nail. 

I'm not surprised Hinata didn't appear in the anime or have her own game DLC.

She was never relevant to begin with. People claiming she's popular must have been very delusional. Yet, she single handedly destroyed the franchise financially.

...The Third. Marada. Shisui. Boruto (Karma.) Sakura Haruno (Great War.) Huh. Well going of Steam your right. Wait, they have had that four seasons worth of game passes? This can't be all the new characters.

Ok looking at the guy blue saber linked tier list for 3 seasons of DLC characters. Boruto-Karma. Might Guy. Haku. The First. Ino. Jiraiya. Kakashi. Killer Bee. Madara. Fifth Mizukage. Fourth. Hokage Naruto. Part two Naruto. Neji. Obito. Oonoki, Orochimaru. The Third. Sasuke adult. Shisui. The Second. Tsunade. And Zabuza. That still feels small for three seasons. Also feels like at least half of these should have been in the game by default.

Heh. He says the games not dead but looking at the views this video has about 287k, and it averaging around 300 views on twitch. Like most things with Naruto now. Even if you consider it still alive it is not that impressive.

Well to be fair Season Four could be the season they start doing alternates of characters and they haven't got Hinata's out yet...doubt it and looking at the line up of dlc character; I'm not impressed at what they are making customers having to pay for.

And I don't watch the anime so not sure if Hinata is on it or not (I assume focus of an arc,) but will still ask, "really?"

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 02 July 2021 - 05:25 AM.

#29768 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 09:04 AM

Apparently, Naruto was the third highest rated kid show on Netflix in 2020 not sure if that's counting Boruto. 

#29769 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 10:23 AM

Ah. Oh well, I will take that in stride. Most Naruto it self is what is taken into consideration without Shippuden or Boruto, but I could be wrong. Let’s see how many give up part way because of filler episodes or are actually disappointed with the ending if they actually stick through with it. I doubt it though, kids on average are not that dedicated to a story based show to keep up with the plot for hundreds of episodes

#29770 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 08 July 2021 - 03:40 PM

Apparently, Naruto was the third highest rated kid show on Netflix in 2020 not sure if that's counting Boruto. 

Boruto is not even on Netflix. It's on Hulu though. 

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#29771 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 07:17 PM

OG Naruto is awesome tho. Maybe that's what they voted.

Edited by Chatte, 08 July 2021 - 07:18 PM.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#29772 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 08:44 PM

Yeah even if the anime has big flaws to it too

#29773 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 09 July 2021 - 12:46 AM

Yeah even if the anime has big flaws to it too

What flaws? I mean, to Hinata fans its the greatest anime of all time. Wait whos Naruto? I dont remember him, after all this story was all about the wonderful Hinata getting her happy ending. 😆

I joke but if I could I would have Naruto legally get its name change to Hinata.

#29774 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 09 July 2021 - 12:51 AM

Its not votes, its ratings. As in most watch due to data.

#29775 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 09 July 2021 - 01:34 AM

What flaws? I mean, to Hinata fans its the greatest anime of all time. Wait whos Naruto? I dont remember him, after all this story was all about the wonderful Hinata getting her happy ending.
I joke but if I could I would have Naruto legally get its name change to Hinata.

XD Well, I meant like how they had amped up Sakura's tsundere tendencies big time and ruining some moments done well in the manga.

#29776 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 14 July 2021 - 09:08 PM

Retrospect greg has posted a video about the uzumaki clans wasted potential https://youtu.be/evP7kbMc9_o

#29777 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 14 July 2021 - 10:31 PM

In general, many plot elements and characters were wasted and wasted potential, because there was not enough forethought or focus on  theme. The clans that had significance to the plot were one such example. One instance is how Hashirama outshone all other members of the senju clan that you don't actually see what makes them so special in the first place, even Tobirama that was the inventor of most forbidden techniques. But those techniques were copied by so many and some even executed his techniques much better better such as Naruto with shadow clone, Minato with Flying Thunder God, and even Kabuto took his Edo Tensei to its highest level to create a whole undead army that the so called second strongest Senju in history had his accomplishments seem as redundant. Uchiha were supposed to be Senju's equals but again, you don't see it and they are supposed to be masters of ninja weaponry, which is never expanded upon. They are also supposed to be un paralleled in the the use of Fire Element ninjutsu but that is a mundane skill and again you don't see it to the extent as expected. Sharingan lets them copy moves but copying others is a whole other set of writing problems so you don't see it utilized often ( Kakashi supposedly copying 1000 skills is a prime example). Not even Madara seemed to possess any special skill outside of his full powered mangekyo sharingan Point being, almost anything you can think of in the story was "wasted potential" because there was not much thought put into them except that they "sounded cool"

Edited by Phantom_999, 20 March 2022 - 11:23 AM.

#29778 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 15 July 2021 - 12:01 PM

Retrospect greg has posted a video about the uzumaki clans wasted potential https://youtu.be/evP7kbMc9_o

and he's right they were wasted and more interesting than the uchiha clan

#29779 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 15 July 2021 - 03:33 PM

In general, many plot elements and characters were wasted were wasted potential, because there was not enough forethought or focus on  theme. The clans that had significance to the plot were one such example. One instance is how Hashirama outshone all other members of the senju clan that you don't actually see what makes them so special in the first place, even Tobirama that was the inventor of most forbidden techniques. but those techniques were copied by so many and some even did his techniques so much better better such as Naruto with shadow clone, Minato with Flying Thunder God and even Kabuto took his Edo Tensei to its highest level to create a whole undead army that the so called second strongest Senju in history had his accomplishments seem as redundant. Uchiha were supposed to be Senju's equals but you don't see it and they are supposed to be masters of ninja weaponry, which is never expanded upon. They are supposed to be un paralleled in the the use of Fire Element ninjutsu but that is a mundane skill and again you don't see it. Sharingan lets them copy moves but copying others is a whole other set of writing problems so you don't see it utilized often. Not even Madra seemed to possess any special skill outside of his full powered mangekyo sharingan Point being, point being almost anything you can think of in the story was "wasted potential" because there was not much thought put into them except that they "sounded cool"

I could go on about the wasted potential for days. DAYS. lol.

Some of my biggest questions are:

What happened to Kushina's family and the rest of the Whirlpool refugees were supposed to have gone to Konoha? How does a child, who is apparently more powerful and equipped to be a bijuu host than any other shinobi in the Leaf, end up alone in a foreign village?

What is the connection between the Uzumaki refugees (like Nagato and Karin) to Naruto? (Of course, to know that, then you'd have to focus on Naruto's story. And we can't have that in a manga named after him. duh-doy.) 

What is the real history of Jiraiya, Orochimaru and Tsunade? Orochimaru was the Third's favorite student, and was also apparently a genius medic. Jiraiya was being trained to become Kage. And Tsunade...? She was a great medic and very powerful nin, but she left that all behind when she was young. So it is a very winding path that lead her back to being Kage, over the two teammates who were so much more favored by the Kage than she was.

— Also, those three are legit, well-known mythological characters in Japan. Would have liked to have had so much more based on their adventures, instead of more nonsense about the overpowered Uchihas.

Where are ALL the Senju? How are Minato and Kushina the most powerful people in the village, and apparently both orphans? So much so that when their son is left parent-less after they gave their lives to save the village, there is NO ONE who will take up for him. Especially not the Third - he leaves Naruto's care to Kakashi (another orphan), only after Narutuo is about 10-11. Where are the Senju clan or the Uzumaki refugees? 

And don't get me started on how the medic/chakra users power is handed down. So many straight-up chakra wielders like Sakura in the story, but everything revolves are the Uchiha, the Hyuuga, Nagato and anyone else with eye jutsus. Konan, Tsunade, Chiyo, Sasori, Orochimaru, Kabuto and Sakura — these are massive characters in the story. But their power takes a back seat to the sharingan. 

So. Much. Wasted. Potential.

#29780 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 15 July 2021 - 03:38 PM

The manga should have hinged on three storylines: one supporting Naruto and his background; one supporting Sasuke and his; and one about Sakura's journey inheriting the medical/healing chakra from the past. Each should have had struggles with how the past supported and failed them, and how they make the their inherited powers/skills better for the future. And with those unique innovations to their unique powers/skills, they end up saving each other, and as a group become more powerful as Team 7.

Naruto and Sasuke's powers should have been equally matched and in opposition to each other, and it should have been Sakura's unique powers that were able to bridge the gap and bring the two together. Thus the two rivals become more powerful when they are together than they were when they were separate.

All thanks to Sakura, who firmly establishes herself as the element that holds their team together (take that, haters), as was already hinted at by the circle on her back the whole dang time.

And then Naruto and Sakura fall in love. :love:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users