#1 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:06 PM

SUP AND HELLO. DB<

kay I'm not a shader yes? NO! Course not! I just pretend to shade! I'm my own critique panel so whenever I shade I act like I'm shading with little *~whispy strokes~* here and a few *~gentle wiggles~* there -- it works! rawr.gif

BUT something has come up that has made me CEASE AND DESIST my shading game of BS and that is...

MY ART CLASS JUDGEMENT!

D:

check it out plz ;_;

THIS IS WHAT I MUST DO.

THIS... IS A DISASTAAAAA D3

and so, skipping all the hulabuloo and hippity hoo, I NEED SHADING HELP! I've already got the major outlines done (chain, ball, hand, paper) but I just need to fill everything else in! :<

So know any tutorials that would help... orrrr tips orrrr hints orrr anything of that nature to help this starving, desperate artist? nao? wow.png plz shamefulcry0js.gif

#2 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 29 March 2009 - 03:12 PM

Pretend that the guy drawing that chain can't shade to save his life, and just pitch-black it ^^

Alright, I'm no help... sorry! Good luck though, shady lady!!

#3 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (Vyse @ Mar 29 2009, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pretend that the guy drawing that chain can't shade to save his life, and just pitch-black it ^^

Alright, I'm no help... sorry! Good luck though, shady lady!!

ne you've gotsa point, your king vyse-lyness... but ~*ALAS*~ we have to present our "projects" pffff we're just copying! I feel so dirty doing this ..."project" with the reference pic. LAMESAUCE DRIZZLED EVERYWHERE!

OH WELL thanks for the luck wish and the suggestion xDD I should've just chose a polar bear in a snowstorm or something tongue.gif

#4 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:04 PM

Do you know the basic of shading, krisk?

The techniques of using hatching (using lines for shadowing), cross-hatching (lines cross together) and stippling (using dots)...

To make light shades, like on the ball, use less lines/dots, to make it more darker shades, add more lines/dots

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#5 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:25 PM

yup yup and yup, dookie, learned all that in Studio Art xDD The basics is something I dragged myself through. I'm not one for conventional methods-- and usually I just get a hang of a shading type and use it! But... now I can't decide which to use for what.

I mean the ball is basic cross hatching, sine it's plainly shown there (THANK GAWD) so that's a plain given on which shading to use.. but the others (besides the deep shading) is what I'm stuck on. :<

And concerning the deep shading, I read somewhere it's obvious I have to use charcoal for the pure black since it's the easiest, so I'll probably run and get a charcoal pencil later on. ;-; Other than the ball and the pure shadows, I'm dependent on the knowledge and guidance of others xD;

also stippling is too risky for a full graphite picture like mine, I think >u>

thanks though! Refreshing the basics are always, they be. =u=

#6 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:51 PM

Well, as long as you understand lighting and the basics of shading, it shouldn't be too hard. Just take the techniques that you have learned and apply it to your picture. Granted the hand looks as if the person had smudged the graphite a bit to make it blend smoothly. So you might want to get one of those blending sticks. And charcoal is not a must unless you plan on having something very dark, like pitch black or something. But graphite doesn't leave a dark enough color either. That's why they sell pencils that range with different darknesses. So those might help.

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#7 Tahaji

Tahaji

MoneyPenny

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:46 AM

Krisk -
DO NOT LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE
take it one tiny step at a time, starting from the top, going towards the bottom, look at the lights and darks, NOT THE IMAGE
Draw what you SEE, and dont stop till the finished product is done, I promise, you'll get the results you want

tahajiXcloud (MY AZN)

#8 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 07:15 PM

To blend the strokes, rub them with a crappy eraser. You know the kind that are on cheap pencils and just smudge the graphite around? They're actually useful here. XD

Here's a sh*ty example of some that I did on an art from forever ago.

Ignore the crap line art and proportions. >.> --Click here to view--

tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#9 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 30 March 2009 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (Saku-chan @ Mar 30 2009, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To blend the strokes, rub them with a crappy eraser. You know the kind that are on cheap pencils and just smudge the graphite around? They're actually useful here. XD

Who cares about the line art and proportions, that B&W art is smexy as it XDDDD

latest?cb=20140126021943

#10 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:11 AM

OWAAA SO MANY REPLIES. ILU GUYS TOO love.gif XD

QUOTE (Onionhead Attacks @ Mar 29 2009, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, as long as you understand lighting and the basics of shading, it shouldn't be too hard. Just take the techniques that you have learned and apply it to your picture. Granted the hand looks as if the person had smudged the graphite a bit to make it blend smoothly. So you might want to get one of those blending sticks. And charcoal is not a must unless you plan on having something very dark, like pitch black or something. But graphite doesn't leave a dark enough color either. That's why they sell pencils that range with different darknesses. So those might help.

ARIGATOU DENA DE MASO LEECHYAN rawr.gif

XD once I recollected what i had learned in the past, it was supremely wayyyy easier to just go ahead and start on the thing! I think i worried too much about not being able to blend everything together so it ALL looked like what it was supposed to look like in it's entirety-- instead of going small section by small section (like Tahajiji mentioned below)

and yeah those blending stick work wonders but i didn't have enough time to crash into my old highschool art class and ask WHO? BILL JONES for some supplies for a freelance artist such as myself *posepose* BD

SO i just used the next best stick! MY MIDDLE FINGER wow.png ..such a special little stick >u>

thanks for the input, PERVCHAN! 8D

QUOTE (Tahaji @ Mar 29 2009, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Krisk -
DO NOT LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE
take it one tiny step at a time, starting from the top, going towards the bottom, look at the lights and darks, NOT THE IMAGE
Draw what you SEE, and dont stop till the finished product is done, I promise, you'll get the results you want

and i did (:

thanks abunch for "keepin your promise," tahajiijiijij 8) even if i checked this thread well into the project, everyone's posts still really much helped! XD

QUOTE (Saku-chan @ Mar 30 2009, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL totes risky, sakuchins, but if i had had the time i would've ran with that idea and tried it out. But sadly im pretty sure i finished before you added your own personal input XDD

THANKS THO! It's an interesting procedure tongue.gif sexxiii ANBU art ya got there! Old art is never pretty in the eye of the artesst, so i know your pain XDD

ANYWAY SWEETNESS. MISSION COMPLETE GUIS. rawr.gif

HERE'S THE RESULT (since i thought i should formally finish what i started in this thread XD):
EL FINITOOOOOOO --Click here to view--

(ORIGINAL)

(with border)

(without border)

and if anybody's interested in a ZOOM IN?! --Click here to view--

i was really pissed with a number of things tho XDDD
- the wind messed it up pretty badly before i brought it into class
- the stupid hairs on this stupid hairy man child D:
- the cross-hatching in the ball is a LIE rawr.gif almost the hardest thing on there DX
- and i'm a wuss when it comes to shading DARKLY. Total wussybritches :<

BUT all in all, i'm pretty satisfied! 8D

anyway, thanks again for all the tips and tricks peeps! APPRECIATE IT MUCHLY, I DO wave.gif

*FLEX*

#11 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 02 April 2009 - 01:31 PM

O.O

Wow krisk! My fave part is the chain 'coming alive' from off of the page, and you nailed it perfectly wow.png

You arting and shading skillz impress meh muchly :3!

#12 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:39 PM

That.... Impressive, for lack of better word...

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#13 Tahaji

Tahaji

MoneyPenny

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:21 AM

*claps* very very good krisk! KEEP IT UP! and just remember. Its the clash of white and black that make a picture really POP!

tahajiXcloud (MY AZN)

#14 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:58 AM

*speechless*

#15 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:47 AM

WOW!!! wow.png It came out very good, krisk!! You nailed it! Great job!!! :thumbs:

latest?cb=20140126021943

#16 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:07 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Apr 2 2009, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
O.O

Wow krisk! My fave part is the chain 'coming alive' from off of the page, and you nailed it perfectly wow.png

You arting and shading skillz impress meh muchly :3!

QUOTE (BlackLightning @ Apr 2 2009, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That.... Impressive, for lack of better word...

QUOTE (Derock @ Apr 2 2009, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WOW!!! wow.png It came out very good, krisk!! You nailed it! Great job!!! :thumbs:

>//////>!!

XDD thanks everyone! And i'm happy you liked certain parts of it too, shaunama XD

th_glomp.gif !

QUOTE (Tahaji @ Apr 2 2009, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*claps* very very good krisk! KEEP IT UP! and just remember. Its the clash of white and black that make a picture really POP!

*bow!* thanks! I'm FREAKing that YOU of all people approve of it! what with your high talent and all >u> THANK YOU! 8D And totally yar, i love graphite X3

QUOTE (Paradox Jast @ Apr 2 2009, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*speechless*

*FLEXES*

#17 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:34 PM

Krisk. wow.png

<3

#18 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 03:57 AM

=DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD HOLY CRAP!

I wish that I could do that!

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users