4307 replies to this topic

#1701 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:05 PM

I want to know Metallicana  :argh: Tartaros' arc is going to last long...

dumbo-pink-elephants-on-parade1.gif?w=50

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#1702 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:48 PM

I am so happy with chapter 401!!!!! But SOOOOO annoyed that it was released yesterday. but at least we got it anyone anxious for next week's episode?

Edited by Phantom_999, 23 September 2014 - 05:57 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#1703 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:56 PM

why are you annoyed about that? o.o

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#1704 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:43 PM

The latest chapter was Epic the tears, the feels.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#1705 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:02 PM

why are you annoyed about that? o.o

Oh I just exaggerate on occasion about how I feel on topics. Don't pay mind to the way I say say things at times. :P I mean that I wanted it earlier is all. I loved the friday releases of Fairy Tail 

Edited by Phantom_999, 24 September 2014 - 04:08 PM.

#1706 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:11 PM

Hey guys, I'm on my second attempt to catch up with the manga after my first attempt years ago. I'm currently on chapter 37, so I was wondering. When exactly does Hiro Mashima's art style change from it's old style that's kinda similar to One Piece to it's modern and more distinct style?

#1707 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 03:10 PM

Hard to say, but I think it started happening midway Edolas arc. By the time Tenrou arc rolled around, I think the current style had already set in comfortably. Although I wouldn't recommend reading the Edolas arc, you should skip it.

BTW, if you're absolutely sick of Sakura's (and all of the characters, really!!) characterization in the manga, then this manga is for you. It is literally the Anti-Naruto in every way. Hell, NaLu seems to be the Anti-NS in every way. Just look at their hairs!! It's the total opposite!! 

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#1708 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:53 PM

I'm so happy Natsu was finally reunited with Igneel. I can't wait to hear his explanation to why he left Natsu and went to hidding.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#1709 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:17 PM

One thing I hate about FT is that the powerscaling makes absolutely no sense.

Natsu was barely able to defeat Jackal, gets one shot by Silver casually but he's overwhelming Mard Geer without much trouble.

eh10ut.jpg

#1710 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 12:20 AM

@pepsi
Natsu power is fuel by emotion. So it kinda unreliable.

#1711 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 03:27 PM

Is the anime on fillers already? Seriously if they didn't have enough content they should have waited another year before they restarted the anime.

I have to say the Nakama power of FT is really getting on my nerves, it doesn't feel like any of the charactors got any stronger over the years just that they beat them with the Nakama power, Mashirama kinda messed up with the seven year time skip I feel, the initial premise was that everyone around them got stronger, but it just seems like that lasted a few weeks and then the power of Nakama pretty much beat everyone. Well I take that back, Gray seems more powerful with his new powers as well as Lucy.

iAnby7W.gif

#1712 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 03:51 PM

@Pepsi

isn't that because he eated something and all?

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#1713 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 08:25 PM

Is the anime on fillers already? Seriously if they didn't have enough content they should have waited another year before they restarted the anime.

I have to say the Nakama power of FT is really getting on my nerves, it doesn't feel like any of the charactors got any stronger over the years just that they beat them with the Nakama power, Mashirama kinda messed up with the seven year time skip I feel, the initial premise was that everyone around them got stronger, but it just seems like that lasted a few weeks and then the power of Nakama pretty much beat everyone. Well I take that back, Gray seems more powerful with his new powers as well as Lucy.

I would think that Nakama power is a major point in the story- no it is the point of the story. At least they are not abusing the A**pull powerups to overcome villains. Plus I find the fillers quite enjoyable. Like this weeks episode piqued my interest

Edited by Phantom_999, 25 October 2014 - 08:25 PM.

#1714 Fairy Tail Fantard

Fairy Tail Fantard

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:I'm a pilot, so I spend most of my time in the air.

Interests: Keeping my plane in the air and NOT slapping smack dab into a mountain somewhere. Writing, watching anime, reading, playing video games, and exercising are a few more of my interests as well.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:19 PM

Well...the defeat of NS sucks, but I'm not too bothered by it. Anyways, it gives me more time to focus on Fairy Tail and a few other manga I've been wanting to check out. 

At least we know NaLu is gonna happen. 

664086690_1145760.gif

#1715 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:49 AM

With the end of Naruto, I'd like to see whether FT will take its spot or not. Mashima has gone on record several times that he'd like to reach past the 10-year serialization mark. So he has plenty of time to really get down to business with the story. The Tartaros arc so far seems to be heading to an important conclusion.

248793.jpg

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#1716 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 08:19 PM

With the end of Naruto, I'd like to see whether FT will take its spot or not. Mashima has gone on record several times that he'd like to reach past the 10-year serialization mark. So he has plenty of time to really get down to business with the story. The Tartaros arc so far seems to be heading to an important conclusion.

Hello bro ^^
Tbh, I don't think ft could take naruto spot.
Because no matter how kitten naruto story is, its drama is what save naruto.
Since I believe Japanese people love drama.
And that's why naruto could stay in the top 3 for so long.

Well I hope the battle between natsu vs the black hair dude gonna be epic.

#1717 Catwho

Catwho

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 06:53 PM

Fairy Tail can never be part of the "big three" officially because it's published in Weekly Shounen Magazine, not Shounen Jump.

That's what makes it so interesting that it's done so well. WS was always hoping they'd one day get "their One Piece" and they may very well have it in FT.

That's another reason that FT can be a lot raunchier than any of the Big Three, too.  WS has slightly less strict censorship in the editorial department.  So there can be boobs hanging out left and right in FT and no one bats an eye. (Ironically the female characters in FT are way more developed, despite frequently showing more skin.)

Edited by Catwho, 09 November 2014 - 06:55 PM.

Read my stuff! Some of the stories are even finished! Catwho on Fanfiction.net
I also now have a Tumblr like thing:  http://tprara.tumblr.com/

#1718 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 08:46 PM

I doubt Fairy Tail will ever manage to come close to Naruto in popularity, as well developed and interesting the charactors are, Natsu himself lacks that personailty or rough chiildhood that would make you care for him as much as you cared for Naruto, I personally feel more emotionally attached to the rest of the cast, Lucy with her problems with her father, Grey with his guilt ridden past, Juvia with her lonely past and my favourite charactor, Erza with her life as a slave.

The story itself is a let down ultimately, well not the story per se but the way it's told, every arc seems to be the same, we get a tough enemy, things look bleak for the Guild, then they grow stronger thanks to Nakama power.

The current arc is crucial to the manga I feel, and as much as I hate to say it, Mashima might need to actually kill a Guild member this time around to progress the manga to the next stage, at the moment you don't feel a sense of panic or dread, because in the past arcs he's undone the dread you felt, even a charactor who gave Natsu a emotional link, came back from the dead, and to this day I can't see the reason for it, she was more effective dead, her loss provided a extra level to the charactors that mourned her, with her alive that sense of loss is no longer there and as a charactor she feels like an extra in the group that the mangaka is trying to give a purpose, but feels like she is just there.

Though one thing I know is that I don't expect Mashima to screw over his fans, he writes his story how he wants to, With Shounen Jump manga you do sometimes her the feeling that the editors are trying to dictate the direction the manga is taking, (except One Piece, but Oda literally prints money for them, he can do whatever he wants) you don't get that feeling with mangas from other publications, but I guess when you are the most popular weekly publication by some distance you can dictate what the readerbase should read.

iAnby7W.gif

#1719 Catwho

Catwho

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 09:00 PM

He sort of killed off one character.  Aged her to the point of just short of dropping dead, anyway. 

Read my stuff! Some of the stories are even finished! Catwho on Fanfiction.net
I also now have a Tumblr like thing:  http://tprara.tumblr.com/

#1720 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 12:59 PM

I doubt Fairy Tail will ever manage to come close to Naruto in popularity, as well developed and interesting the charactors are, Natsu himself lacks that personailty or rough chiildhood that would make you care for him as much as you cared for Naruto, I personally feel more emotionally attached to the rest of the cast, Lucy with her problems with her father, Grey with his guilt ridden past, Juvia with her lonely past and my favourite charactor, Erza with her life as a slave.

The story itself is a let down ultimately, well not the story per se but the way it's told, every arc seems to be the same, we get a tough enemy, things look bleak for the Guild, then they grow stronger thanks to Nakama power.

The current arc is crucial to the manga I feel, and as much as I hate to say it, Mashima might need to actually kill a Guild member this time around to progress the manga to the next stage, at the moment you don't feel a sense of panic or dread, because in the past arcs he's undone the dread you felt, even a charactor who gave Natsu a emotional link, came back from the dead, and to this day I can't see the reason for it, she was more effective dead, her loss provided a extra level to the charactors that mourned her, with her alive that sense of loss is no longer there and as a charactor she feels like an extra in the group that the mangaka is trying to give a purpose, but feels like she is just there.

Though one thing I know is that I don't expect Mashima to screw over his fans, he writes his story how he wants to, With Shounen Jump manga you do sometimes her the feeling that the editors are trying to dictate the direction the manga is taking, (except One Piece, but Oda literally prints money for them, he can do whatever he wants) you don't get that feeling with mangas from other publications, but I guess when you are the most popular weekly publication by some distance you can dictate what the readerbase should read.

I agree. That said, Mashima has stated in one of the volume afterwords that he intends to make this arc to be make or break for the series. So yes, I think this arc will change the series in a big way, going all the way up to the big finish with Zeref.

If we're talking about potential deaths, then Igneel is right at the top of the list. Minerva is probably second, followed by Makarov or Mavis.

248793.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users