#41 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:10 AM

QUOTE (AzureWaters @ Jan 28 2012, 04:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some of you guys say NH fans are in denial for trying to find a parallels with MinaKushi, but you're doing the exact same thing. o.O

I'm a NaruSaku fan too, but as we know, Kishimoto hasn't brought up either girl when this whole flashback thing is over with in the manga. Its alright if you find similarites, but I don't think they should be used as definite evidence that NS will happen. MinaKushi is not a second NaruSaku; they are both two different pairings with separate moments, and, as of now, holds no official link between the other.

ya.....i dont think so.....of course their are links.

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#42 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:49 AM

Gotta something that might interest ya everyone... gifs from the newest episode! biggrin.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#43 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:53 AM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Jan 28 2012, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gotta something that might interest ya everyone... gifs from the newest episode! biggrin.gif

OH GOD WHAT IS THAT.

argh1.png

JA2DBzd.png

#44 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:21 AM

QUOTE (AzureWaters @ Jan 27 2012, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some of you guys say NH fans are in denial for trying to find a parallels with MinaKushi, but you're doing the exact same thing. o.O

I'm a NaruSaku fan too, but as we know, Kishimoto hasn't brought up either girl when this whole flashback thing is over with in the manga. Its alright if you find similarites, but I don't think they should be used as definite evidence that NS will happen. MinaKushi is not a second NaruSaku; they are both two different pairings with separate moments, and, as of now, holds no official link between the other.

QUOTE (Sakura Lover @ Jan 27 2012, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your joking right...?

I guess I'm going to play devil's advocate after all.

Look everybody I liked the episode but it wasn't exactly full-on narusaku, close, but not the full shebang.

Most of the flashback was filler even the Sakura stuff, but there is NH stuff laced in there when Minato talks to Kushina after rescuing her, you may not interpret that conversation as NH but someone can. But to dismiss it as filler would also dismiss the Sakura comparisons as filler itself. No one saw that fight with the genin in the manga (it would help our arguement alot though).

That troubles me because it's possible for Pierrot to do the same with Naruto's birth so if you want to go full pairing-goggles on these episodes be my guest, but it would be wise to temper enthusiasm. Or else we'll be ranting next week.

And ranting gets so very tiresome.

Now I return to the firaxan shark server.

Edited by Insurrection, 28 January 2012 - 05:23 AM.

#45 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:45 AM

What? mellow.gif I can't believe Kushina and Sakura's parallels being downplayed after she told Naruto to get a girl thats just like her in MANGA canon!There is tons of similarities we can list out in the MinaKushi and NS relationship. this episode is filler including NH laced stuff. witch even isn't NH at all even. Minato thought Kushina could handle herself because shes strong period. Hinata is strong in her own right but shes nothing like Kushinas character in the least.

Yes Naruto didn't think of anybody after she said those words. but its clear what Kishi was implying and i believe Kishi will bring up that flashback at the right time down the road. You can see Naruto listened well and did everything his parents wanted for him. he did fall in love with the right girl she wanted. why else would kishi put those words out if kishi wasn't hinting or drawing a connection with Narusaku?

So don't tell me theres no connections or link between them when manga says otherwise.

Edited by Living Lavish, 28 January 2012 - 07:05 AM.

#46 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE (Konan-chan @ Jan 28 2012, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's Naruto with red hair! heheelq7.png

To sum up my thoughts on Naruto with red hair --Click here to view--

Wait. So there's a special next week? a_dance.gif

Oooo~ wow.png A special~!

Wait... WHAT SPECIAL? argh1.png argh1.png

JA2DBzd.png

#47 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:24 AM

No, there's no special. Its just the story of how they fought Madatobi during Naruto's birth.

#48 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:28 AM

Then why the hell are people calling it a special? confused.gif

JA2DBzd.png

#49 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Jan 28 2012, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

excitement. Its a flashback, so I guess we can call it a special.

#50 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE (Living Lavish @ Jan 28 2012, 07:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What? mellow.gif I can't believe Kushina and Sakura's parallels being downplayed after she told Naruto to get a girl thats just like her in MANGA canon!There is tons of similarities we can list out in the MinaKushi and NS relationship. this episode is filler including NH laced stuff. witch even isn't NH at all even. Minato thought Kushina could handle herself because shes strong period. Hinata is strong in her own right but shes nothing like Kushinas character in the least.

Yes Naruto didn't think of anybody after she said those words. but its clear what Kishi was implying and i believe Kishi will bring up that flashback at the right time down the road. You can see Naruto listened well and did everything his parents wanted for him. he did fall in love with the right girl she wanted. why else would kishi put those words out if kishi wasn't hinting or drawing a connection with Narusaku?

So don't tell me theres no connections or link between them when manga says otherwise.

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#51 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Jan 28 2012, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess I'm going to play devil's advocate after all.

Look everybody I liked the episode but it wasn't exactly full-on narusaku, close, but not the full shebang.

Most of the flashback was filler even the Sakura stuff, but there is NH stuff laced in there when Minato talks to Kushina after rescuing her, you may not interpret that conversation as NH but someone can. But to dismiss it as filler would also dismiss the Sakura comparisons as filler itself. No one saw that fight with the genin in the manga (it would help our arguement alot though).

That troubles me because it's possible for Pierrot to do the same with Naruto's birth so if you want to go full pairing-goggles on these episodes be my guest, but it would be wise to temper enthusiasm. Or else we'll be ranting next week.

And ranting gets so very tiresome.

Now I return to the firaxan shark server.

Actually, it could be taken both ways. Yes, Naruto said Hinata was "strong". But in actions, Minato here paralleled Sakura in how they both knew and had faith in the others' abilities. So, if you ask me, this episode was neutral at best. There's no pairing wank in it. If anything, it was all about MinaKushi. No connections whatsoever to NH or NS. Period.

QUOTE (Rocket @ Jan 28 2012, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When there's a one-hour slot from the anime, the animation team or Pierrot in this case, calls it a special. It's called a special because there's usually only one or two times a year the anime has a one-hour slot.

One thing I'd like to see in the special would be Tenzo's reaction to being held back from the battle against Kyuubi, out of all the kids that night he must be the most pissed one out of them.

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Jan 27 2012, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That was walking a fine line there. I don't usually watch the anime, not my forte. Very Sakura-eske at the beginning until Pierrot inserted that final dialogue,

"Kushina to Minato: But you've always ignored me."

You didn't think they wouldn't insert extra did you?

It seems like the basic making all sides happy arguement. But that's just me, was pretty good besides that.

If you ask me, that was also a very in-character moment for Kushina and parallels Sakura's faith in Naruto as well. Not only that, like Kushina said, she thought Minato was sort of pathetic, but it's because of that, she never noticed that Minato was always watching her from behind.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#52 AzureWaters

AzureWaters

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:58 PM

I am not joking. --__-- I said that its fine if you find similarites with MinaKushi, but it shouldn't be used as the ultimate proofz that NS will happen. Kushina said 'find a girl like me', yet has Kishi clarified this by showing Sakura or Hinata? No. And if he were going to, he shouldn't wait more than year to do so. I think its wise to wait for official confirmation by Kishi, if he'll do so, before going around bragging about how another canon pairing happening means yours is in the bag.

Not to mention, those cherry blossom scenes and hair pulling was filler. One shouldn't take that or the 'NaruHina hints' to heart so much in the first place.

#53 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:09 PM

Cant we just enjoy the episodes without the whole comparing NaruSaku to Minakush come on guys KUSHINA IS THERE! Damn gurl is like a pillar of beauty.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#54 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (AzureWaters @ Jan 28 2012, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am not joking. --__-- I said that its fine if you find similarites with MinaKushi, but it shouldn't be used as the ultimate proofz that NS will happen. Kushina said 'find a girl like me', yet has Kishi clarified this by showing Sakura or Hinata? No. And if he were going to, he shouldn't wait more than year to do so. I think its wise to wait for official confirmation by Kishi, if he'll do so, before going around bragging about how another canon pairing happening means yours is in the bag.

Not to mention, those cherry blossom scenes and hair pulling was filler. One shouldn't take that or the 'NaruHina hints' to heart so much in the first place.

Forget the fillers already. smh

Basicially like Boom said..

The problem is, it's hard to claim the parallels were unintentional when the mangaka himself makes a point of calling it out ("...find someone like your mother.."). For an author as expositional with romance as Kishi, the implication is pretty clear IMO. Subtle he was not. wink.gif

Edited by Living Lavish, 28 January 2012 - 05:09 PM.

#55 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE (AzureWaters @ Jan 28 2012, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All we are saying is that Sakura is like Kushina. That's how the whole MinaKush=NaruSaku thing got started.
1) The punch was just one example of Sakura=Kushina.
2) Picked on for her hair=Sakura being picked on for her forehead
3) Minato was the only one that loved Kushina's hair= Naruto is the only one that loves Sakura's forehead
4) Kushina is dangerous, and will beat you up, but deep inside, she is VERY caring=Sakura's personality
5) Kushina said she first thought Minato was useless, but then she feel in love with him (after he complemented her hair)= Sakura thinks Sasuke loves her forehead, not Naruto, and at a young age, saw Naruto as useless. (basically showing the connection with the two pairings)

Kishimoto himself has drawn images in anime/manga, that connect Sakura, and Kushina, and the MinaKush=NaruSaku similarities. (we have tons of more pictures, but I didn't want to go digging for them all... mostly because I'm lazy)

see for yourself --Click here to view--

one from LadyGT93 --Click here to view--

There's also another one with Naruto saving Sakura, and Minato saving Kushina, and they both look back with the same glare in their eyes. However, I can't find it.

All I'm trying to say is that with all our similarities, be they NaruSaku=MinaKush, or Sakura=Kushina, they all show why Kishimoto made Kushina tell Naruto to pick someone like her. After your dead mother tells you something, I believe that you would do it. Sense Hinata is completely different from Kushina, and Sakura is much more of Kushina's nature, I believe we all should know where this anime/manga is going. If you don't, I suggest you wait for the ending, or reread the whole manga.

Edited by Sakura Lover, 28 January 2012 - 05:25 PM.

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#56 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:01 PM

Nobody was saying this episode was ''ulimate proof for NS'' either. first off you started to make comments downplaying the link of MK and NS witch is ridiculous and untrue. Who else in the manga is like Kushina Naruto fell in love with? we have tsundere tendencies, loud and bratty, likes pranks, initial dislike for the hero, tomboyish, almost identically drawn mannerisms, insecure about a feature on their body they hate and were bullied for and only loved it when the hero complimented them (bench scene) and several other exclusive common traits other guys pointed out.It certainly doesn't sound like Hinata does it? infact the complete opposite. if you step back and look at how Kishi drew Kushina in that arc, it really seems blatantly obvious what his intention. Naruto loves the exact type of girl she told him to find.(whats hilarious most of the Naruto fandom understood what Kishi was implying to regardless of pairing) she even wanted Sasuke and Naruto to be friends, look what happens...best friends.

I believe Kishi is will bring those words back again in a flashback later on in the story but that doesn't stop us for figuring out that pairing hint for are selfs.. and nobody said the pairing is the bag.

but it's hard to claim the parallels were unintentional when the mangaka himself makes a point of calling it out.

#57 AzureWaters

AzureWaters

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:15 PM

I'm not trying to downplay any similarites that the two pairings share. What I'm saying is that you shouldn't depend so much on parallels, at least in the context of NS being more probable. You may see frequent comparisons and an obvious connection with MinaKushi, but I wouldn't be so sure that this was the mangaka's intention. The more time passes that Kishimoto doesn't bring up Kushina's girlfriend advice, the more I think it was just added for a more emotional impact. Naruto didn't think of Sakura after Kushina said that to him, and I think if Kishi wanted to show Sakura = Kushina than he would have made Naruto, or someone else, comment or think of that.

Frankly, I don't care for parallels at all. I think a pairing should be seen for its own merits, and not depend on something else to make it look better. Unless its shown blantantly in the manga that Sakura is similar to Kushina, I'm not going to hang onto that. At this point, the only thing Kishi confirmed is that Kushina is like Naruto, not any of his love interests.

#58 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (AzureWaters @ Jan 28 2012, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Frankly, I don't care for parallels at all. I think a pairing should be seen for its own merits, and not depend on something else to make it look better.

Which is your personal reaction. That's not the way Kishimoto writes though.

QUOTE (AzureWaters @ Jan 28 2012, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unless its shown blantantly in the manga that Sakura is similar to Kushina.

I suggest rereading the manga. It is blatantly shown. Your dislike of parallels makes you skim over that.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#59 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:43 PM

Just cause someone dislikes something doesnt mean they skim over everything. But as I said before lets forget about it all for now and watch the anime.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#60 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (AzureWaters @ Jan 28 2012, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You may see frequent comparisons and an obvious connection with MinaKushi, but I wouldn't be so sure that this was the mangaka's intention. The more time passes that Kishimoto doesn't bring up Kushina's girlfriend advice, the more I think it was just added for a more emotional impact. Naruto didn't think of Sakura after Kushina said that to him, and I think if Kishi wanted to show Sakura = Kushina than he would have made Naruto, or someone else, comment or think of that.

To be honest, I've never cared for the "expiration" argument. It seems to operate under the assumption that Kishi only has a certain time limit to introduce a plot point. For someone who loves flashbacks as much as he does, the argument seems sort of irrelevant. Especially when you consider that the manga has sort of been saturated with fights lately. I mean, there was, what, one or two pairing scenes over the course of the past year? None of which lasted more than a couple panels.

To me, trying to claim the expiration of any chance of Kishi implying something with Kushina's last words is sort of asinine. It's either implying that a.) Kishi is changing his mind on a dime, or b.) Kishi never had a reason for said line to begin with. I think most of us understand the possibility of the first, but there's really nothing to argue about. I understand that Kishi can just randomly turn Naruto into a toad and have him hook up with one of the female toads of Myoboku (are there any?), but I'm not going to actually acknowledge that in a pairing debate. I see the second possibility in the same vein. It's possible that Kishi never had a reason for doing so-and-so, but I have absolutely no reason to assume that. For the sake of argument, I'm going to assume that the author has a reason for doing what he's doing. Otherwise, the argument can be expanded, and essentially cancel out any ship's arguments.

I do agree with you though, that nothing good comes of claiming canon already. That's a gripe I tend to share. However, Kushina's last words to Naruto seemed to be one of Kishi's more obvious pairing hints, at least IMO.

Now, if I had to think up a reason why Kishi hasn't addressed Kushina's advice on women, I'd say it's most likely due to the pairing implications. It wouldn't really make N/S or N/H canon in the story, but it'd make Kishi's chosen OTP pretty obvious to the reader. I think it's pretty obvious that he's trying to milk the pairing subplot for as long as he can, given how large the Naruto shipping fandom is. But I think scenes like that one, with or without direct proof from the author, give a pretty clear indication of where he's headed.

Frankly, I don't care for parallels at all. I think a pairing should be seen for its own merits, and not depend on something else to make it look better. Unless its shown blantantly in the manga that Sakura is similar to Kushina, I'm not going to hang onto that. At this point, the only thing Kishi confirmed is that Kushina is like Naruto, not any of his love interests.

That's understandable, but I guess I've always seen the generational parallels as one of Kishi's more obvious pairing hints. He obviously loves to show how characters tend to be repeated over the generations. And not only parents. I mean, how many times have the Sannin been compared to Team 7?

I agree it's not canon proof of a pairing, but I think it's more important than simply supplementary evidence.

Edited by Boom...Winning, 28 January 2012 - 06:55 PM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users