2011 replies to this topic

#1921 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 05:15 AM

Too bad we're not in you're division, we'd be the leaders XD

In all seriousness, our remaining schedule isn't too bad. I could easily see us going 3-3. Whether we make the playoffs or not, this is a huge improvement already from what we were last year.

Winston gonna be something in the league. Winston > Mariota

PATRIOTS 10-0!!!!

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#1922 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 26 November 2015 - 10:55 PM

I think we know which Tony Romo showed up today:

W9HDU.St.117.jpeg

:lol:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#1923 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 01:16 PM

I think we know which Tony Romo showed up today:

W9HDU.St.117.jpeg

:lol:

I told my co-workers that they should sign Kuechly and Coleman and start them at wide-out...since he threw to them so often. I also mentioned Tony had more TD passes than Cam. Now, if only they played for his team. With me being a huge Panther fan, I got to smile.

I got much joy out of the fact that the Panthers are the last undefeated. I don't think Rivera cares much about the recird and once they clinch a bye through out they will start sitting people. So I doubt they go 16-0, but it's nice to watch all those commentators who said Carolina would be the first undefeated to fall have to eat crow over that,

#1924 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 11 December 2015 - 04:20 PM

It helps that they've only played 2 teams with a winning record.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#1925 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:37 PM

Well, Panthers should be 10-2 like the Broncos, Patriots, and Bengals. The difference? Refs. Broncos should be 9-3, Patriots should be 11-1, Panthers should be 10-2, and the Bengals should still be at 10-2. Last night the refs handed Cardinals 10 points in the first half. Should be Vikings 9-4, Cardinals 10-3. Sadly, the refs have been horrible this year. The refs have also handed 2 wins to the Packers. It should be a very tight 3 team race in the NFC for 1st seed right now, but refs just ruin the sport. Now it's a tight 3 team race for the 2nd seed, unless Panthers start losing everyone with injuries like the Patriots.

2XtVwF6.png

#1926 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:42 PM

Well, Panthers should be 10-2 like the Broncos, Patriots, and Bengals. The difference? Refs. Broncos should be 9-3, Patriots should be 11-1, Panthers should be 10-2, and the Bengals should still be at 10-2. Last night the refs handed Cardinals 10 points in the first half. Should be Vikings 9-4, Cardinals 10-3. Sadly, the refs have been horrible this year.

Honestly, the refs don't matter. I know, yes the patriots got hosed. But if you don't want the refs to become a factor in the game, you need to make sure that they're not in the position to effect the outcome. Partly the patriots fault for being in the position that they were in, in order to allow the refs to screw them. The biggest difference between Carolina and everyone else is that they have a terrible weak schedule.

EXL5X4B.png

#1927 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:52 PM

Honestly, the refs don't matter. I know, yes the patriots got hosed. But if you don't want the refs to become a factor in the game, you need to make sure that they're not in the position to effect the outcome. Partly the patriots fault for being in the position that they were in, in order to allow the refs to screw them. The biggest difference between Carolina and everyone else is that they have a terrible weak schedule.

In position? What are you supposed to do at a 9-2 team's house, when you have your best 2 defensive players out, your top 5 league runnerback out, and 3 of your 4 starting receivers out? Our defense was a 25th best defense, not a top 10 defense. Our offense was like the 6th best offense in the league, not the best. And all this at the Broncos? Of course it was a close game. But when Tom throws consistent first downs, for them all the be called back for no reason. You can't separate the score. Especially when Tom threw a bomb to a 6th string receiver for 52 yards, only to have that come back because Von Miller got pancaked... WHICH IS LEGAL!

Even Broncos fans know with all the injuries the Patriots had, they should of still lost by 10+ points. At this point, I kind of want Broncos to be the first seed, just so we can go to their house with our guys back, and blow them out. The NFL is turning into a joke, and that's coming from a Patriots fan, who has a team that is still making a 20+ year dynasty, this very moment. Refs get worse every year, and Goodell refuses to admit it.

UPDATE: Gronk and Edelman return to practice!

2XtVwF6.png

#1928 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 04:53 AM

In position? What are you supposed to do at a 9-2 team's house, when you have your best 2 defensive players out, your top 5 league runnerback out, and 3 of your 4 starting receivers out? Our defense was a 25th best defense, not a top 10 defense. Our offense was like the 6th best offense in the league, not the best. And all this at the Broncos? Of course it was a close game. But when Tom throws consistent first downs, for them all the be called back for no reason. You can't separate the score. Especially when Tom threw a bomb to a 6th string receiver for 52 yards, only to have that come back because Von Miller got pancaked... WHICH IS LEGAL!

Even Broncos fans know with all the injuries the Patriots had, they should of still lost by 10+ points. At this point, I kind of want Broncos to be the first seed, just so we can go to their house with our guys back, and blow them out. The NFL is turning into a joke, and that's coming from a Patriots fan, who has a team that is still making a 20+ year dynasty, this very moment. Refs get worse every year, and Goodell refuses to admit it.

UPDATE: Gronk and Edelman return to practice!

I doubt Broncos are shedding too many tears over your injuries given that their star QB's body broke down on him. 

And yet, the  Patriots just laid an egg against the Eagles who Carolina beat. The Cardinals lost the f-ing Rams. AT HOME. The Bungles lost to Houston who Carolina beat. The Broncos lost to the Colts who the Panthers beat.

Yes, they have an easier schedule, not I don't think they are the best team in the league. I'm happy about the 12-0 because for weeks people behave as if they have no talent and is only win as a result of playing weak teams. They were underdogs against the Cowboys on Thanksgiving and even with Romo they blew Dallas out. What a joke. They are certainty a lot better than they are given credit for.

#1929 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 06:21 AM

^ The easier schedule crap has been said for every top 3 seed in both conferences, and it's stupid. This year, about 80% of the teams are below .500, so every playoff team has a easy schedule on paper. It's just something salty fans say.

Honestly, when healthy, Patriots are clear favorites in the AFC. They won't get Soldier, Brown, and Lewis back, which sucks, considering those were 3 starters, and Lewis was on pace to have about 1,500 yards. Still, when healthy as can be right now (meaning guys off season-ending IR are playing), they have a top 10 defense, and the best offense. It doesn't even matter if New England has to play in Cincinnati or Denver to win the AFC Championship. I think Patriots will still be the first seed in the end, but just in case they're not. No worries, Bengals and Broncos aren't as good as them.

As for the NFC, my pick is the Panthers. My problem with Panthers is two things. I'm from North Carolina, and let me tell you. The bandwagon train is just as big on it as when Seattle started playing elite. The second thing, is the MVP discussion. Cam doesn't have the stats to be MVP like Brady and Palmer do, but people are picking him. Why? He has no weapons? He has the best offensive line, the 3rd best tightend, the best fullback, and the 4th/5th best runnerback. He barely even passes. He plays consistent with a run-first offense, and lets his defense carry him 80% of the time. Do I blame him? No. Half the time he throws a medium to long range pass, it's picked or off target. He knows he isn't that good, so he relies on a system Ron has built for him, that allows them to succeed, like with Wilson in Seattle. Heck, I actually like Cam. Not so much Wilson. Still, I can tell you this much. With just as much on offense to work with, Wilson has had better seasons than this year's Cam. And if being undefeated is the reason for him to be MVP, then it should be Kuechly or something as MVP. After all, their team runs through their defense, not offense.

2XtVwF6.png

#1930 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 07:26 AM

^ The easier schedule crap has been said for every top 3 seed in both conferences, and it's stupid. This year, about 80% of the teams are below .500, so every playoff team has a easy schedule on paper. It's just something salty fans say.

Honestly, when healthy, Patriots are clear favorites in the AFC. They won't get Soldier, Brown, and Lewis back, which sucks, considering those were 3 starters, and Lewis was on pace to have about 1,500 yards. Still, when healthy as can be right now (meaning guys off season-ending IR are playing), they have a top 10 defense, and the best offense. It doesn't even matter if New England has to play in Cincinnati or Denver to win the AFC Championship. I think Patriots will still be the first seed in the end, but just in case they're not. No worries, Bengals and Broncos aren't as good as them.

As for the NFC, my pick is the Panthers. My problem with Panthers is two things. I'm from North Carolina, and let me tell you. The bandwagon train is just as big on it as when Seattle started playing elite. The second thing, is the MVP discussion. Cam doesn't have the stats to be MVP like Brady and Palmer do, but people are picking him. Why? He has no weapons? He has the best offensive line, the 3rd best tightend, the best fullback, and the 4th/5th best runnerback. He barely even passes. He plays consistent with a run-first offense, and lets his defense carry him 80% of the time. Do I blame him? No. Half the time he throws a medium to long range pass, it's picked or off target. He knows he isn't that good, so he relies on a system Ron has built for him, that allows them to succeed, like with Wilson in Seattle. Heck, I actually like Cam. Not so much Wilson. Still, I can tell you this much. With just as much on offense to work with, Wilson has had better seasons than this year's Cam. And if being undefeated is the reason for him to be MVP, then it should be Kuechly or something as MVP. After all, their team runs through their defense, not offense.

I'd be fine with it being Kueckly or Norman. Supposedly, you'd get a higher QBR throwing into the turf each play than throwing at Norman while Kuechly is the heart and soul of that defense, but defensive players virtually never win it. I'd agree that, fair or not, his teams success is tied to Cam's MVP consideration. I don't think Cam's a system QB, but if I had to pick MVP, I'd probably go Brady. I think both Arizona and Carolina have better parts surrounding them overall. For Carolina, Newton is a big part of that.

As to the Deep Throws, he's top 10 QBR (7th I think) in that category. His actually has bigger issues in short-med range.

Although, Palmer may have made his case last year....we all saw Carsonless Arizona stink up the joint.

#1931 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 08:05 AM

I'd be fine with it being Kueckly or Norman. Supposedly, you'd get a higher QBR throwing into the turf each play than throwing at Norman while Kuechly is the heart and soul of that defense, but defensive players virtually never win it. I'd agree that, fair or not, his teams success is tied to Cam's MVP consideration. I don't think Cam's a system QB, but if I had to pick MVP, I'd probably go Brady. I think both Arizona and Carolina have better parts surrounding them overall. For Carolina, Newton is a big part of that.

As to the Deep Throws, he's top 10 QBR (7th I think) in that category. His actually has bigger issues in short-med range.

Although, Palmer may have made his case last year....we all saw Carsonless Arizona stink up the joint.

QBR is a ridiculous and very pointless system that puts less passes and mobility at the top of it's charts. Throw 15 for 23 for 203 yards, but make 23 rushing yards? Great, you have like a 130 QBR. Oh, throw 34 for 40 and have 400 yards, but only got 2 rushing yards? You carried your team you say? You're a guy like Brady or Peyton(in his prime)? That will only get you 132 QBR. Like... really?

2XtVwF6.png

#1932 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 13 December 2015 - 02:58 AM

Well, Panthers should be 10-2 like the Broncos, Patriots, and Bengals. The difference? Refs. Broncos should be 9-3, Patriots should be 11-1, Panthers should be 10-2, and the Bengals should still be at 10-2. Last night the refs handed Cardinals 10 points in the first half. Should be Vikings 9-4, Cardinals 10-3. Sadly, the refs have been horrible this year. The refs have also handed 2 wins to the Packers. It should be a very tight 3 team race in the NFC for 1st seed right now, but refs just ruin the sport. Now it's a tight 3 team race for the 2nd seed, unless Panthers start losing everyone with injuries like the Patriots.

what are you talking about? honestly most of the newest panther games the opposing teams shouldn't have scored at all, the only reason they did was the refs calling wrong plays or only penalizing them half the time being in the opposing teams' favor, or did you not pay attention to all the constant holding going on in every panther game lately where panthers aren't able to do their jobs because the opposing team is constantly holding their players without getting penalties for it, THE ENTIRE FREAKING GAMES FULL OF HOLDING!!!

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#1933 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 04:40 PM

what are you talking about? honestly most of the newest panther games the opposing teams shouldn't have scored at all, the only reason they did was the refs calling wrong plays or only penalizing them half the time being in the opposing teams' favor, or did you not pay attention to all the constant holding going on in every panther game lately where panthers aren't able to do their jobs because the opposing team is constantly holding their players without getting penalties for it, THE ENTIRE FREAKING GAMES FULL OF HOLDING!!!

Not calling holding happens to most teams. They hold, and they never get called for it but once or twice all game. Panthers do it all game too. So do my Patriots.

2XtVwF6.png

#1934 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 05:49 PM

I doubt Broncos are shedding too many tears over your injuries given that their star QB's body broke down on him. 

And yet, the  Patriots just laid an egg against the Eagles who Carolina beat. The Cardinals lost the f-ing Rams. AT HOME. The Bungles lost to Houston who Carolina beat. The Broncos lost to the Colts who the Panthers beat.

Yes, they have an easier schedule, not I don't think they are the best team in the league. I'm happy about the 12-0 because for weeks people behave as if they have no talent and is only win as a result of playing weak teams. They were underdogs against the Cowboys on Thanksgiving and even with Romo they blew Dallas out. What a joke. They are certainty a lot better than they are given credit for.

On the contrary, Carolina is overrated, not underrated. The patriots laid an egg against Philly, as you say, but that was a product mostly of injury, as opposed to skill. Tom Brady is literally the only standing piece on that offense from the start of the season, their offensive line and receiving core has been decimated, and yet, they still almost came back.

It's not just a random knock on the panthers that they have an easy schedule, it's true. Their schedule is pathetic. Cam has played great against mediocre teams, Tom Brady leads him in all significant categories, but Newton is more of an MVP candidate? If Carolina were to play NE's schedule, they'd have 4 losses easy.

Carolina would get rolled by Arizona. Arizona is a better team all around.

EXL5X4B.png

#1935 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 13 December 2015 - 06:52 PM

Not calling holding happens to most teams. They hold, and they never get called for it but once or twice all game. Panthers do it all game too. So do my Patriots.

yes but the panthers only did it because every single team they've played has been doing the crap to them, would you rather they let them win because everyone wants to cheat on em.....tell you what, you dvr or record the next panther game after today's, and you watch how the refs call things and how much holding was going on and tell me the refs weren't in the opposing team's favor. I guarantee if you look closely at the ref replays you'll see what I mean. and the panthers aren't overrated at all, people still bash them all the time. if you still don't believe me because you don't know how certain plays are called and all that complicated football stuff, get someone more into NFL football than you and have them watch it with you and explain what's going on. my dad has played football in college and knows how everything works, he loves football, he even plays the madden games, pretty sure he'd be able to see what plays aren't being called or what shouldn't be called dude, he does all the time, no matter what team is playing, he doesn't just watch panthers....

Edited by ultranx, 13 December 2015 - 07:06 PM.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#1936 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 07:00 PM

yes but the panthers only did it because every single team they've played has been doing the crap to them, would you rather they let them win because everyone wants to cheat on em.....

That's just a really sad excuse. The panthers don't get called for holding because other teams do it to them, they get called because they hold, just like other team in the league. Blaming the refs for Carolina's ineptitude on certain plays is asinine, especially when the refs didn't blow a call to change the outcome of the game. Carolina doesn't want to be called for holding? Don't hold. That easy.

Edited by AHK, 13 December 2015 - 07:01 PM.

EXL5X4B.png

#1937 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:56 AM

my birds got another win today. we took down brady effortlessly and we gave our boy McCoy a good welcoming home game.  :th_yeah:

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#1938 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:17 AM

my birds got another win today. we took down brady effortlessly and we gave our boy McCoy a good welcoming home game.  :th_yeah:

Brady, without his weapons. You can take a Joe Montana down without his Rice and Taylor. You can take Rodgers down without his Nelson and Cobb. It's child's play really when you compare it to when they have their weapons. With Gronk, Edelman, and Lewis, Eagles lose to Patriots by at least 20 points. Heck, Eagles lost in the Super Bowl to Tom when he had no elite weapons. Back then he had an elite defense. He doesn't got an elite defense this year, but it's still top 10. Unless they're missing their best defensive player (Hightower) against the Eagles. Oh wait... they were. No wonder Eagles had some success running the ball. Same goes for Broncos. Patriots didn't even have their 2nd best defensive player in that game either...

Denver will lose to Steelers, meaning Patriots will own 1st seed even if they lose another game. Bengals owned the tiebreaker last week because they had played 1 more conference game than Patriots had on the season up to that point. Patriots will end up being 13-3 (sitting starters week 17 to rest because of clinched first seed). Eagles may not even make the playoffs in the worst division in football. Patriots are in the hardest division, and are owning it as always. Don't compare the two teams this year. That's like bragging if you beat the Packers, even though you know they're 2x better with Nelson playing. :wot:

2XtVwF6.png

#1939 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 08:52 PM

Pretty excited for tonight game. Woodson's last home game. One of the greatest DBs of all time. #GOBLUE

Also, I've made it to the championship game in my fantasy league. I got Carr and Cooper, so they need to ball hard tonight and get me a lot of points.

2XtVwF6.png

#1940 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 10:28 PM

Overrated season = over.

EXL5X4B.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users