103 replies to this topic

#1 Unknown Entity

Unknown Entity

Abandoned

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:31 PM

Back in the summer preview thread, this anime seemed to be getting a lot of attention (I didn't realize so many people knew of this before... or maybe they didn't and the preview caught their eye) so I figured I'd start a topic on it now that there are 2 episodes out.

It seems it was hyped up to oblivion before its release across the otaku realm (the combination of zombies, gigantic breasts, and fanservice galore is just too much for an otaku to handle), and I think it did a pretty good job delivering as best it could. Madhouse's animation has been superb and consistent. They've also done well to effectively portray the atmosphere of a zombie outbreak. Nothing to really complain about the studio in charge except for maybe how they cut a few scenes from the first episode that I think really helped to develop the relationship between Takashi and Rei. But they only have 12-13 episodes to work with, so there's no avoiding them having to cut stuff.

I'm just wondering what they'll do for the ending. Since the manga isn't anywhere close to finishing, and they only have that 13 episode limit, it's either going to be an anime-original ending or stopping at a certain point and leaving it open-ended.

I'm actually hoping they'll be able to pull off a decent anime-original ending.

I also didn't like Kohta's character in the manga, but his voice actor (Nobuyuki Hiyama) might just win me over.
Pretty bored.

#2 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:14 PM

What!?!?!?! you didn't like Kohta? I love Kohta probably my favorite character lol. Although I'd rather have more seasons that just keeps up with the manga.

JLHza2T.png

#3 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:23 PM

why did you censor the word 'breast'?

#4 Unknown Entity

Unknown Entity

Abandoned

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (Muffins? @ Jul 12 2010, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What!?!?!?! you didn't like Kohta? I love Kohta probably my favorite character lol. Although I'd rather have more seasons that just keeps up with the manga.

He's bad-ass when he's in gun-otaku mode, otherwise he's a wuss and annoying (IMO).

I'm expecting more hiatuses, so I don't think the manga will be finished for at least a few more years (if it finishes at all). I would like to see another season, but I would also like to see a conclusion since I don't expect to be getting one from the manga any time soon.

QUOTE (krisk @ Jul 12 2010, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
why did you censor the word 'breast'?

I didn't. A mod must have done so.
Pretty bored.

#5 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:41 PM

Been keeping up with the manga and I was satisfied with the first episode. Quite a dilemma about the 13 episode cap though, probably going to be an open ended type.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#6 SageNaru

SageNaru

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga and Vidya

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:49 AM

Anyone got a link to a streaming site so I can watch the first episode?

#7 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:59 AM

animeseason.com for all your anime watching needs if you look on the left there should be a bar with ongoing animes on it's in there for quick access.

JLHza2T.png

#8 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:58 PM

Watched it! AND IT IS FREAKING AWESUM~~!!! I luv it.... <3

#9 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:06 PM

BTW about the manga, Chapter 26 has been updated.

#10 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (Cupcake-chan @ Jul 13 2010, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you. Needed my Zombie fix. Poor Kohta.

#11 Unknown Entity

Unknown Entity

Abandoned

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (Cupcake-chan @ Jul 13 2010, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When did onemanga stop including the mature manga in their recent updates tab? I swear I remember seeing Sekirei (another 1000manga hosted manga) when it was last updated.

QUOTE (Sir Whirly @ Jul 13 2010, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you. Needed my Zombie fix. Poor Kohta.

Takashi really failed as the "leader" of their group this chapter. Pretty much let Kohta do whatever he wanted (without even trying to step in) and stood their dazed as "they" crept up on the group.

And is it just me? Or is keeping a mentally unstable member in your group during a zombie apocalypse not a good idea? Well, their entire group has something wrong in head so I guess it's not all too bad.

Finally, the Kohta/Saya relationship they've been developing disturbs me. Especially since the transition of her affection from Takashi to Kohta was kind of sudden (I'm still not sure where/how it exactly happened).

Edited by Unknown Entity, 13 July 2010 - 09:15 PM.

Pretty bored.

#12 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (Unknown Entity @ Jul 13 2010, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When did onemanga stop including the mature manga in their recent updates tab? I swear I remember seeing Sekirei (another 1000manga hosted manga) when it was last updated.

Takashi really failed as the "leader" of their group this chapter. Pretty much let Kohta do whatever he wanted (without even trying to step in) and stood their dazed as "they" crept up on the group.

And is it just me? Or is keeping a mentally unstable member in your group during a zombie apocalypse not a good idea? Well, their entire group has something wrong in head so I guess it's not all too bad.

Finally, the Kohta/Saya relationship they've been developing disturbs me. Especially since the transition of her affection from Takashi to Kohta was kind of sudden (I'm still not sure where/how it exactly happened).

Implying there is a relationship, I mean they were trying to build something maybe and then that police girl showed up and derailed it all.

Oh and they stopped it about a week ago. It looks like they finally got it all transitioned over.

#13 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:38 PM

Episode 4 is out!

JLHza2T.png

#14 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:56 PM

There was a bit to many flash backs in this episode for me, it took up a lot of the episode.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#15 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE (The Notorious L.I.D. @ Jul 27 2010, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There was a bit to many flash backs in this episode for me, it took up a lot of the episode.

Agreed though I did like the scene where it just went through shots of the abandoned city with the music playing and Takashi's narration. It felt nice and melancholic like a zombie anime should.

JLHza2T.png

#16 TheBugNinja

TheBugNinja

Sasuke's mortal enemy

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:anime, basketball, and writing.

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:09 AM

the problem is theyre trying to limit the anime episodes to cover one manga chapter each, and some of the chapters dont provide enough action to cover 22 minutes of animation.
I'm not cynical- I'm right.

#17 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:28 AM

Four episodes in, and it's already having 11 minute recaps. This... does not bode well.

Also, what is with Japan and attempted rape? It's in, like, everything.

#18 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:54 AM

The only thing that worries me about having major flashbacks is that this is still just a 13 episode series, unless they put out a second season, they might be wasting a bit of time with the flashbacks.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#19 Unknown Entity

Unknown Entity

Abandoned

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:07 AM

Has anyone else noticed that they're changing the ending theme every episode? I just thought that was cool...

I didn't mind the flashback bits of the episode 4 since I think it was pretty well done, but it's true I found it awkward considering we're only 4 episodes in and this is only a 12 episode series.
Pretty bored.

#20 dokueki(venom)

dokueki(venom)

Winnie_Kay

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:43 PM

I seen this on the summer preview and thought it looks awsome. Sadly haven't seen the episodes yet. Very little resources.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users