48 replies to this topic

#21 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:00 AM

Snow was rad. His Big Damn Heroes return mid game is the moment I felt the game got off its ass and finally got interesting, not to mention being one of my favorite CG scenes in the series. Sazh was a close second. Fang was pretty cool too.

Everyone else I didn't like for various reasons. Hope annoyed the piss out of me just about every step of the way. Lightning wasn't far behind - the moment I started disliking her was when she knocked the hell out of Snow for next to no reason at all - even if she improved later. Vanille I'm iffy on; I didn't like her for most of the game until it became very apparent it was all a shield to hide her pain behind.

I could go on for hours about the things that really bugged me about XIII, but I'll just say that I hope XV does not make the same mistakes.

And I can give people credit for saying they dislike certain things. It was by no means a perfect game, and yes, it got off to a slow start. I remember I bought it back in 2011 and didn't get past Chapter 2 until 2012. But then I did and things got interesting. 

Hope was an annoying character to me, for the longest time. But then I thought about it. I'm not sure what else a 14 year old kid would do in that type of situation but act really annoying. I mean, he's not a soldier. He's an adolescent. Someone...who has hormones and a bunch of terrible things happening to him. I can forgive him for his early game. He got his act together. Snow was awesome. I love Snow to death...(it's not because I love Troy Baker, I swear) 

I just don't understand how people call it a terrible game. It's not. I find that FF fanboys like to be dramatic when it comes to downing XIII, and while FFXIII-2's story was something to be desired. The combat was much, much, MUCH more enjoyable. 

Edit: However, I realize that this isn't an FFXIII thread. 

OT: I do think FF XV looks incredible and is the main reason I'm getting a PS4. 

Edited by Greed-Sama, 12 June 2013 - 08:01 AM.

75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#22 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:57 AM

And I can give people credit for saying they dislike certain things. It was by no means a perfect game, and yes, it got off to a slow start. I remember I bought it back in 2011 and didn't get past Chapter 2 until 2012. But then I did and things got interesting. 

Hope was an annoying character to me, for the longest time. But then I thought about it. I'm not sure what else a 14 year old kid would do in that type of situation but act really annoying. I mean, he's not a soldier. He's an adolescent. Someone...who has hormones and a bunch of terrible things happening to him. I can forgive him for his early game. He got his act together. Snow was awesome. I love Snow to death...(it's not because I love Troy Baker, I swear) 

I just don't understand how people call it a terrible game. It's not. I find that FF fanboys like to be dramatic when it comes to downing XIII, and while FFXIII-2's story was something to be desired. The combat was much, much, MUCH more enjoyable. 

Edit: However, I realize that this isn't an FFXIII thread. 

OT: I do think FF XV looks incredible and is the main reason I'm getting a PS4. 

Looks like an incredibly gorgeous game for sure. The gameplay is solid, and i'd imagine since the gameplay is sort of identical to KH, it's gonna be be a bit more challenging. I'm actually happy SE is trying new things, and taking a new direction with 15 to be perfectly honest. i mean, why not jump on board with an open mind when it comes to these games? I'm a FF fan boy too for sure, but I fel like a lot of them are definitely hung up on the past. 

#23 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:10 PM

So you can play this in Xbox?

On the Xbox One apparently yes, when it comes out =3

#24 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:15 PM

On the Xbox One apparently yes, when it comes out =3

LOL They get to share in the experience. :D Which are you more looking forward to? KH, or FF? 

Actually, the PS3, has a nice chunk of solid games coming out. I'm an RPG guy for sure, so these two are an absolute must! But I have my eyes on the new Infamous too. Might end up getting like 5 games when i get my PS4. lol 

#25 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:36 PM

LOL They get to share in the experience. :D Which are you more looking forward to? KH, or FF?

Can I haz both? :wibble:

I'm honestly torn lol. KH3 has seemed like such a dream for so many long years, I honestly gave up believing it would ever get made. It became on of those mythical games that everyone dreams about happening, but never does...like an HD remake of FF VII :eager:

And FF XV looks gorgeous and pretty interesting, and it's been so long since I've gotten to play a good Jrpg...so lol, I'm torn and just want both nao :P

#26 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

I'm honestly torn lol. KH3 has seemed like such a dream for so many long years, I honestly gave up believing it would ever get made. It became on of those mythical games that everyone dreams about happening, but never does...like an HD remake of FF VII :eager:

And FF XV looks gorgeous and pretty interesting, and it's been so long since I've gotten to play a good Jrpg...so lol, I'm torn and just want both nao :P

They both feel like dreams for me. I almost gave up on 15, and Kingdom Hearts 3 seemed like it was never gonna get pushed given all of the side games that came out. After 2, I seriously couldn't even wait for the third installment. Years went by, and nothing. I honestly had little interest in the side games, and getting them would of required me to get the handhelds and such that I didn't really want, but they're finally being pushed, and they both look amazing. The ingame shot of Sora made me smile like an idiot, and the gorgeous scenery, and gameplay of 15 drove me wild. I'm still on cloud 9 right now because they're FINALLY within our grasp. Two amazing RPGs that will likely do extremely well when they're released. 

I will say I'm a bit more excited about 15 since we were shown more in that game but of course, when we get some info/pic/trailers for 3, who knows what I'll be saying then. :P But right now, as you've said, it's been so long since I've played a new RPG, and there so many coming out. I'm a happy guy! 

Let me go watch the trailer again...  :wibble:

EDIT:

And don't even get me started on t remake. That teaser trailer killed me! 

Edited by StriderC, 12 June 2013 - 03:03 PM.

#27 Ex-psych75

Ex-psych75

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

*stares at ps4 receipt waiting for time to go faster*

tumblr_inline_miqm96XVxj1qz4rgp.gif

#28 Canadian_DJ

Canadian_DJ

The Justifier

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Interests:Honestly, western sakura haters are pathetic (if your wondering why I say western, its because thats where all the sakura haters are) they hate sakura for the stupidest reasons, makes me wonder if they even read the manga for anything besides illogically hating on her, and even more so if they even read the same manga. Seriously they really are blind if they think sakura isn't the most popular female character in naruto and has a huge fanbase in japan, kishimoto-sensie's main fanbase. Honsetly, they aren't true naruto fans because they're practically bashing the main heroine of the series who has had AMAZING and deep emotional development, both romace-wise , character-wise and-power wise, and the love interest, Haruno sakura, of the main hero, Uzumaki Naruto. That alone is an insult to kishimoto-sensie's work. Not to mention they rub off the japanese culture, which is important to know if you wanna 100% understand the details of the manga.

My hobbies are drawing, and reading awesome facts about anything I love! Oh and how could I forget, I love playing on my PS3, my favourite online game is Team Fortress 2, favourite character to play with is the scout! (Although I love all of 'em).
    Bless the PS2 era...and all those awesome games... (applause to you if you were part of that gaming age, jack and daxter, sly, spyro, crash etc.)

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:09 PM

Is it just me or the game looks more like a hack and slash then an RPG free style like KH? :headscratch:

Actually, this game does look like its gonna have a variety of combos, the same division that made kingdom hearts are helping with this game, so if you notice the soundtracks even have a kingdom hearts touch to it. Man this game is just gold..well it looks awesome, I hope its on the same level as ff 12 or in that area of greatness, or even better.

Oh an, you were right about it being on ps4! :D

@rocci
Yeah, at first it was ps exclusive, but now its on xboxone too, but at this point, there are ZERO advantages in buying an xbox on, especially over ps4.

KH III was also announced!! :wibble: ps4 is gonna have 140 new games, 40 of which are exclusive!!! X) *fangirls*

13080302030649702.gif~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ナル~サク 4/3 The day he fell in love with her ♥ 豪傑 そて 婦 hero, great man and heroine, brave woman°°°★Official Top Ten overall NARUTO characters: 1. Kakashi 2.Naruto 3.Sasuke 4.Iruka 5.Shikamaru 6.Gaara 7.Sakura 8.Neji 9.Itachi 10.Lee★°°° <p>Best ofナル~サク

#29 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

Actually, this game does look like its gonna have a variety of combos, the same division that made kingdom hearts are helping with this game, so if you notice the soundtracks even have a kingdom hearts touch to it. Man this game is just gold..well it looks awesome, I hope its on the same level as ff 12 or in that area of greatness, or even better.

Oh an, you were right about it being on ps4! :D

@rocci
Yeah, at first it was ps exclusive, but now its on xboxone too, but at this point, there are ZERO advantages in buying an xbox on, especially over ps4.

KH III was also announced!! :wibble: ps4 is gonna have 140 new games, 40 of which are exclusive!!! X) *fangirls*

You know. Unlike many people, I was actually a HUGE fan of 12. I loved the battle system to bits, and the world was amazing. So vast, and it really utilized the PS2 to the fullest IMO. The characters were awesome, The story was fun. Had a blast battling the secret bosses, and trying to gain all of the weapons. Can't forget the Espers either. All and all, 12 is definitely in my Top 5 personally. :D

SOOOO damn excited about these releases though. I too think it's gonna have combo varieties/limit breaks maybe?  :chuckle: Along with magic and such. It'd be awesome if you can set your team to do certain things just like on KH, and Tales of series. When it comes to KH3, I hope Riku and Kairi are playable characters also. :D

#30 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:31 PM

This is actually the correct answer.

Both look great, I want them both. Squeenix can redeem themselves!

\

#31 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:33 PM

I used to be all over this idea, but the more I've thought about it, the more okay I'd be if they never touched FFVII again. I'm half afraid they'd screw too much with what worked and after the "Compilation" overdoing it without adding much at all I would rather it just be left as is. Not to mention I totally respect the fact that they've come out and said that they do not want to redo FFVII until they've made a game that can live up to that level of quality again. That's a level of integrity you don't see often; I mean, they KNOW how lucrative it could be, but know that if they did it without getting their s*** together first it would be an admission of being creatively bankrupt.

bd5.jpg

#32 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:46 PM

http://www.destructo...ra-256170.phtml

#33 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:02 AM

He moves like Minato and looks like Sasuke.
Well time for Kishi to sue them for copyright violation :)

SK-303_image007.jpg

#34 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:08 AM

He moves like Minato and looks like Sasuke.
Well time for Kishi to sue them for copyright violation :)

:chuckle:

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#35 Pocky-chan

Pocky-chan

Cavelady from 2005 or something

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts
  • Interests:William Riker and his beard

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

Enix if finally answering my prayers after ff7

Men in suits

everywhere

Noctis' dad (is the old man eating dinner with little noctis his dad? Whoever he is) in that sweet*ss pinstripe suit...

hot hot hot hot hot hot

This is the worst year ever, I won't EVER be able to play all these amazing games coming out for a flipping long time.

My satanic ritual is finally answered and I can't play it. Curses.

#36 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:08 PM

Enix if finally answering my prayers after ff7

Men in suits

everywhere

Noctis' dad (is the old man eating dinner with little noctis his dad? Whoever he is) in that sweet*ss pinstripe suit...

hot hot hot hot hot hot

This is the worst year ever, I won't EVER be able to play all these amazing games coming out for a flipping long time.

Lol, FF15's coming out next year.

#37 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:45 PM

Next fall at the earliest. You've got time, however, next gen consoles will still have the same price points by then most likely.

\

#38 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:54 AM

So THAT'S where all those goats and infants disappeared to...

Edited by dl316bh, 19 June 2013 - 08:54 AM.

bd5.jpg

#39 Zatheko

Zatheko

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Writing, MMO's, Games

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:58 AM

Definitely getting this with a PS4, along with Kingdom Hearts 3 as well :)

#40 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:55 AM

Definitely getting this with a PS4, along with Kingdom Hearts 3 as well :)

I prefer Witcher 3 this will make me waste thousand of hours of gameplay for sure.

SK-303_image007.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users