• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:51 AM

The artist formerly known as Final Fantasy Verus XIII, coming to Playstation 4.and Xbox One

Amazing gameplay footage.

More details likely coming at TGS.

Edited by Mik3, 11 June 2013 - 05:29 PM.

\

#2 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:17 AM

*brain explodes from E3 overload* x.x

I r ded-ed. Can't...handle...anymore...EPICAWESOMENESS @.@

Holy BAJEEBUS!! The GRAPHICS! The CG!! It's all so...beautiful ;_;

The gameplay is wicked different too. More of a 'realistic' vibe going there. It should be an interestingly new way to play a FF game. Looking forward to it ^^

*continues throwing money at Sony to give me all this epic new sheet coming out~*

#3 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:10 AM

Wow, it does look really impressive.  If the gameplay and story are as great as the graphics, then I probably will end up getting a PS4 at some point in the future.  :smile:

#4 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:38 PM

"The Legend Meets its Match, but.... The world is ever changing. For the 15th Coming."

I like how self-aware Squenix is about what happened with Versus.  It made me chuckle a bit.

It's like, "Ok guys, Versus is here....Whoops, it's late so here's Final Fantasy 15."

#5 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:49 PM

The artist formerly known as Final Fantasy Verus XIII, coming to Playstation 4.

Amazing gameplay footage.

More details likely coming at TGS.

Is it just me or the game looks more like a hack and slash then an RPG free style like KH? :headscratch:

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#6 HauntedCake

HauntedCake

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Interests:Naruto,Shingeki no kyojin, Fairy Tail, LOL, Runescape & Xbox 360.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:17 PM

I was going to get the xbox 1 for the halo series but this is really tempting

40283620121415711s.jpg

#7 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:38 PM

Is it just me or the game looks more like a hack and slash then an RPG free style like KH? :headscratch:

They're both what you call "Action RPG." Which is essentially hack and slash with RPG mechanics.

#8 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:50 PM

XV will renew my faith in the Final Fantasy Franchise IF:

1.) It has Good Characters

2.) It has the Music cues we all know and love (The lack of the Final Fantasy Victory Theme or the traditional Prologue Music in 13 pissed me off, well the Final Fantasy 13 Soundtrack in general sucked.)

3.) It has a Good Story

uc.png

#9 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:28 PM

Kinda out of topic but, if you guys download the Realm Reborn video in PSN, you can win a chance to enter their beta.

#10 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:39 PM

i watched an interview with Nomura-san today about all things Kingdom Hearts and FF XV the questions were underwhelming but his answers seemed to be well thought out to me.

new trailer

Behemoth battle looks very good :D

Edited by Verilance, 11 June 2013 - 11:42 PM.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#11 Baiken

Baiken

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:Just a college student interested in a few things such as Sakura Haruno, Game of Thrones, Art, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Harry Potter, BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, Justin Timberlake, Parks and Rec.

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:40 AM

XV will renew my faith in the Final Fantasy Franchise IF:

1.) It has Good Characters

2.) It has the Music cues we all know and love (The lack of the Final Fantasy Victory Theme or the traditional Prologue Music in 13 pissed me off, well the Final Fantasy 13 Soundtrack in general sucked.)

3.) It has a Good Story

Oh, HELL NO. :sakura:

Ahem, Looks really nice. Heavily reminded of Kingdom Hearts, which I'm a huge fan of. But can you really call this "Final Fantasy"? Something I've found interesting is that FFXIII (and sometimes FFXII) "wasn't a Final Fantasy" but yet, Versus XIII/FFXV looks even less like a Final Fantasy and it gets much praise. Just something I've noticed for the past couple of years. I just hope this project lives up to the 7-ish year-long hype and not be a repeat of XIII, and I pray Noctis doesn't turn out to be some douche (I know Nomura said Noctis is a "normal" guy, but I'd really like to know what his definition of "normal" is).

#12 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:01 AM

That last trailer made me oh God! :umm: I want that game but first I will have to buy a PS4 but I don't think that won't be anytime soon. :sad:

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#13 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:06 AM

luckily you will have time to save before this is released lol

Edited by Verilance, 12 June 2013 - 01:06 AM.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#14 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:01 AM

Oh, HELL NO. :sakura:

I second this...Like all over the place. The FFXIII soundtrack was so good that I payed for the entire thing. But FF fanboys are going to hate on XIII for all time for some silly reason. Those who say the characters aren't good, needs to take a real look at what good characters are. 

75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#15 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:05 AM

I second this...Like all over the place. The FFXIII soundtrack was so good that I payed for the entire thing. But FF fanboys are going to hate on XIII for all time for some silly reason. Those who say the characters aren't good, needs to take a real look at what good characters are. 

Lightning and Fang are my all top favorite characters of XIII hands down.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#16 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:11 AM

Unpopular opinion incoming. 

1) Lightning

2) Hope

3) Snow

4) Fang 

5) Sazh

6) Vanille 

That's a list of my characters for FFXIII. They were all good, IMO, though sometimes I hated Vanille and wanted to generally strangle her. But the characters were all fleshed out. They don't have to be likable to be considered good. God knows that shouldn't be a requirement. 

75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#17 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:17 AM

I personally loved FF13, but I sort of disliked the direction in the second one. I guess that's because I was a huge fan of Fang and Vanille. :D But anyway, it seems as though they were pushed to the wayside. I guess I got too attached to those two particular characters. >_< Anyway, I always go into a FF game with an open mind because in my opinion, even though they have the same name, they're obviously different games. Hopefully this one is an amazing one with a well made story and awesome characters like 13. 

#18 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:28 AM

^ This~ :3

I personally loved FF13, but I sort of disliked the direction in the second one.

And this, though I completely disliked what they did with FF13-2 :hm:

#19 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:19 AM

Snow was rad. His Big Damn Heroes return mid game is the moment I felt the game got off its ass and finally got interesting, not to mention being one of my favorite CG scenes in the series. Sazh was a close second. Fang was pretty cool too.

Everyone else I didn't like for various reasons. Hope annoyed the piss out of me just about every step of the way. Lightning wasn't far behind - the moment I started disliking her was when she knocked the hell out of Snow for next to no reason at all - even if she improved later. Vanille I'm iffy on; I didn't like her for most of the game until it became very apparent it was all a shield to hide her pain behind.

I could go on for hours about the things that really bugged me about XIII, but I'll just say that I hope XV does not make the same mistakes.

And this, though I completely disliked what they did with FF13-2

I actually never got around to that one. Everything I heard made it sound like they fixed most of what was wrong with the first gameplaywise and borked the story. I'll probably play it at some point though, as I'm itching for a modern FF with good gameplay. I can forgive a mediocre or crap story if the gameplay is awesome; see Final Fantasy V, which was amazing in gameplay while sporting a so-so storyline that was cut and paste from the best parts of the prior four.

But FF fanboys are going to hate on XIII for all time for some silly reason.

With good reason that isn't at all silly. I've given quite a bit of thought to this. Considering the lineage and history of the franchise - not to mention the classic after classic it's given us - "pretty decent" doesn't really cut it. Especially considering it was the corridor shooter of RPG's.

I usually have a go-to explanation that sums up what went wrong at the core. Essentially, XIII told a pretty fair story, all things considered, while tackling some interesting issues, but it was a slow burn. You can get away with a slow burn if the gameplay is so good it will keep your interest. Unfortunately, the choices they made in gameplay and regarding linearity made it boring enough that even hardcore fans got bored before the story kicked into gear.

For an example of how the gameplay limited things, just look at things like the details of the world. The backstory of everything was obviously thought out in rich detail, with timelines and prior events laid out that told an interesting story. But the game was so linear, all of this was relegated to text pieces stuff away in a menu. You didn't learn about this world that the devs had obviously thought a lot about through the gameplay itself, interactions with NPC's and whatnot, leading to a big disconnect with what they told you and what they showed you. That's a no-no in video games.

If that story had been paired with, say... Final Fantasy V's style of gameplay and an equally open world with towns and such, we wouldn't even be having a conversation about whether the game was any good or not.

Those who say the characters aren't good, needs to take a real look at what good characters are.

It's just a byproduct of the rest of the game irking them so much. The characters are not bad. Strictly from a story sense, they work, because they have character arcs and they do grow as the game goes on. Whether you LIKE them, well, that's another story, but yes, they're pretty good characters and would have been right at home in a more traditional entry in the franchise.

The FFXIII soundtrack was so good that I payed for the entire thing.

I think every soundtrack for the series going forward is going to suffer for not being by Nobuo Uematsu. We've had him for so long and his work is so great that it's honestly very difficult to adjust to someone else. For XIII, I liked it, but not as much as past entries.

bd5.jpg

#20 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:28 AM

So you can play this in Xbox?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users