• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:57 AM

QUOTE (FoolishYoungling @ Apr 7 2012, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I view on a crack pairing is that, it can happen, if it has 3 requirements met:

1. In same anime

2. show is still running

3. both characters are put in the pairing pool of the series

I based my hopes on SasuHina on 1 reason.. which I'm not stating for the 100th time. All the other crack pairings in Naruto don't meet the same standards as SasuHina sense they are not in the pairing pool.

I just want to know where these requirements come from? Because from what I can tell they are completely self made up, which means your argument is completely null and void.
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#62 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:00 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Apr 8 2012, 05:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sorry, but I can't take it seriously anymore. NaruSaku goes by logic, and SasuHina defies all senses of logic. Both in the "pairing pool"? Sure. Doesn't mean that them getting together would make any sense whatsoever. There is no development between them. At least acknowledge that you're in the same league as the other pairing fans that don't consider canon, and we'll leave you alone because then you won't be contradicting yourself.

I am only stating SasuHina as a 2-10% possibility. I have fun with it, and that's why I don't see why people jumped on me with a million facts. When I already have stated the same things over and over. I believe that Naruto and Sakura get together and see both Sasuke and Hinata alone, so they get them together. That's it. Believe it or not. Why do I believe this you ask? Because I think Kishimoto will try to calm down the Hinata fan base and have Hinata still with a main character, sense she was always about pairings.. nothing more.

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#63 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:01 AM

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Apr 8 2012, 05:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you think the confession was true, why do you think it was not well received?

What has been overlooked is Sakura's intention to protect Naruto, to avoid making any mistakes further and to relieve his burden from POAL. She clearly stated she doesnt want Naruto to go after Sasuke if it means putting Naruto's life in danger (refer to http://www.mangaread...apter-470.html). Guess what, she's willing to kill Sasuke in order to do so. I think such action by itself speaks louder than 'I love you' phrases. NS hints always subtle, yeah?

Personally, when I first saw the confession chapter, I also thought it was not genuine and it was forced. But after I re-read the chapter again and saw how it was animated, I come to a conclusion that Sakura was confused with her feelings. Sakura's expression was clearly shocked and sad with Naruto's reaction on that chapter:
http://www.mangaread...hapter-469.html

Would that be an expression if she's indeed lying? I doubt so. If she has no feelings at all for Naruto, and only want to take advantage of him or if she was indeed lying, why does she look hurt so much?

I think she's really confused. It is a good sign, because it means her development is not finished yet, and this will potentially be addressed in the future. To me, true relationships are those that undergo trials and tribulations. For if they can survive those, the bonds resulted from it are going to be very strong. I see this in NaruSaku.

Edited by Namaenash, 08 April 2012 - 05:03 AM.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#64 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:02 AM

QUOTE (FoolishYoungling @ Apr 8 2012, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am only stating SasuHina as a 2-10% possibility. I have fun with it, and that's why I don't see why people jumped on me with a million facts. When I already have stated the same things over and over. I believe that Naruto and Sakura get together and see both Sasuke and Hinata alone, so they get them together. That's it. Believe it or not. Why do I believe this you ask? Because I think Kishimoto will try to calm down the Hinata fan base and have Hinata still with a main character, sense she was always about pairings.. nothing more.

Ok, that makes enough sense. One other thing is still sticking out to me, though: why would you be fine with it happening if it suffers from the same fundamental flaw as NaruHina (the lack of development), only much worse?

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#65 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Apr 8 2012, 06:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, that makes enough sense. One other thing is still sticking out to me, though: why would you be fine with it happening if it suffers from the same fundamental flaw as NaruHina (the lack of development), only much worse?

Because, Naruto and Sakura find Sasuke and Hinata both sad because they have nobody, so Naruto and Sakura help them talk to each other, and they find out they make a perfect match. NaruHina would not be right. Naruto has always loved Sakura, and Sakura is developing a loving attitude towards Naruto. After all that development, it has to happen, or Kishi is just a bad writer. As for NaruHina, your right, it has almost next to zero development, and it would miss up everything. But if SasuHina happens the way I predict it would, then we won't have a problem, sense it is only there to cheer everyone up. Plus, how could someone hate a SasuHina baby? Even the Hinata fan base will love it. Right? happy.gif

Edited by FoolishYoungling , 08 April 2012 - 05:08 AM.

2XtVwF6.png

#66 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:10 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Apr 8 2012, 05:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We'll stop criticizing it when you start acting like it is, indeed, a crack pairing. The point of a crack pairing is that it has no chance of happening, yet you persist that it can happen. Make up your mind already, man.

What is fanboy logic?

Edited by PachucoDesigns, 08 April 2012 - 05:11 AM.

On the morning of Wednesday, April 11th, 2012, my Aunt Karla passed away. She was my mother's baby sister, and my coolest aunt when I was a kid. She was the best babysitter ever, and she was like an older sister to me.

Karly, I don't know if you can hear this. I am not a believer, I haven't been since Sheryl died. But if you can, I want you to know that I'm truly sorry for everything bad I've ever said about you. When you were suffering, I should have been there to help you. I should have visited. I should have encouraged you to leave the house and get a job, to be active and alive the way you used to be.

I promise that I will do everything that I can to be successful and a good person, to make you proud the way you would have wanted me to. No matter what I said, I loved you. And I will always love you. Rest in Peace, you will never be forgotten.

#67 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:18 AM

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Apr 8 2012, 06:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What exactly is fanboy logic?

Logic I had to make up in my head due to no facts. Just made up from possibilities that I found and just loved to death. NaruHina and SasuSasu are like this in a way, but the possibilities they love are not really possibilities... just illusions they make because they like one single character way too much, and don't won't to admit defeat. NaruSaku has the facts to win the pairing war, and I that's where my fan boy logic kicks in. Why make only NaruSaku, when you could have NaruSaku help get Sasuke and Hinata together? I see it as a great couple, of course not no NaruSaku, but it is a couple that would fill in the gap.. at least for me. This is Kishimoto's anime/manga though, and I could see him easily laughing at this and saying "not enough time" as an excuse to just not make me feel bad. Again this is me being a fan boy of a pairing that fits in the pairing pool. Don't approve? Well don't approve, this is a pairing I like because I think it would fill in the gap in the best way possible. happy.gif

2XtVwF6.png

#68 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:21 AM

QUOTE (FoolishYoungling @ Apr 8 2012, 06:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Logic I had to make up in my head due to no facts. Just made up from possibilities that I found and just loved to death. NaruHina and SasuSasu are like this in a way, but the possibilities they love are not really possibilities... just illusions they make because they like one single character way too much, and don't won't to admit defeat. NaruSaku has the facts to win the pairing war, and I that's where my fan boy logic kicks in. Why make only NaruSaku, when you could have NaruSaku help get Sasuke and Hinata together? I see it as a great couple, of course not no NaruSaku, but it is a couple that would fill in the gap.. at least for me. This is Kishimoto's anime/manga though, and I could see him easily laughing at this and saying "not enough time" as an excuse to just not make me feel bad. Again this is me being a fan boy of a pairing that fits in the pairing pool. Don't approve? Well don't approve, this is a pairing I like because I think it would fill in the gap in the best way possible. happy.gif

So, fanboy assumptions, then, I guess.
On the morning of Wednesday, April 11th, 2012, my Aunt Karla passed away. She was my mother's baby sister, and my coolest aunt when I was a kid. She was the best babysitter ever, and she was like an older sister to me.

Karly, I don't know if you can hear this. I am not a believer, I haven't been since Sheryl died. But if you can, I want you to know that I'm truly sorry for everything bad I've ever said about you. When you were suffering, I should have been there to help you. I should have visited. I should have encouraged you to leave the house and get a job, to be active and alive the way you used to be.

I promise that I will do everything that I can to be successful and a good person, to make you proud the way you would have wanted me to. No matter what I said, I loved you. And I will always love you. Rest in Peace, you will never be forgotten.

#69 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:21 AM

QUOTE (FoolishYoungling @ Apr 8 2012, 12:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you for proving my point yourself. I'll see if you can figure out how you just shot yourself in the foot.

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Apr 8 2012, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What is fanboy logic?

You put me into a fit of laughter with just four words. Well played, well played.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 08 April 2012 - 05:24 AM.

AboojTi.gif

#70 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:25 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Apr 8 2012, 06:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you for proving my point yourself. I'll see if you can figure out how you just shot yourself in the foot.

Well, I know people like to dance around this, but there really is a difference between logic, reasoning, common sense, and belief. These are four different things. And this is belief. Which is fine, just not good for trying to convince someone else.

#71 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:29 AM

I wouldn't mind a SasuHina pairing. Even though there is little going for it, it would be interesting to see how it would play out. I wonder what kind of reaction Sasuke would have or would he just stab her too? Okay, I am making a joke there. I wonder if Sasuke even has an interest in any female. For a long time I always thought Karin might have had a shot seeing as he sort of came closer to her than he did most others.

You know I am going to brave this question, do you really think there are homosexual ninja in the manga? I mean this as legitimate question, not to be a basher or anything.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 08 April 2012 - 05:29 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#72 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Apr 8 2012, 12:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I know people like to dance around this, but there really is a difference between logic, reasoning, common sense, and belief. These are four different things. And this is belief. Which is fine, just not good for trying to convince someone else.

I'd love to hear an explanation on the difference between logic, reasoning, and common sense. I understand belief being different, but not those 3.

AboojTi.gif

#73 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:33 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Apr 7 2012, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd love to hear an explanation on the difference between logic, reasoning, and common sense. I understand belief being different, but not those 3.

Well......

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#74 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Apr 8 2012, 02:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wouldn't mind a SasuHina pairing. Even though there is little going for it, it would be interesting to see how it would play out. I wonder what kind of reaction Sasuke would have or would he just stab her too? Okay, I am making a joke there. I wonder if Sasuke even has an interest in any female. For a long time I always thought Karin might have had a shot seeing as he sort of came closer to her than he did most others.

You know I am going to brave this question, do you really think there are homosexual ninja in the manga? I mean this as legitimate question, not to be a basher or anything.

I actually like SasuHina too. happy.gif I didn't at first but after seeing others like and state their thoughts, I ship it as a crack pairing. I honestly don't want Sasuke with anyone. I'd prefer him to be forever alone
and dies alone since that in character of him to me since Sasuke never cared about being with someone romantically and likely never will. The only Sasuke pairings I like are SasuHina and SasuIno which are
crack. My reasons being that Hinata might make Sasuke a nice indivudaul and Ino would never be afraid to yell at Sasuke if he annoys her or she's just really agains what he's doing.

But story-line wise, Sasuke alone and Hinata married to another Hyuga or alone.

As for gay people, maybe Sasuke and Sai(Though they are likely just asexual.). Other possiblitys are Kabuto and maybe Guy. I really don't think there are any gay people in this manga though.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#75 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Apr 8 2012, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well......

I love you, man.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 08 April 2012 - 05:41 AM.

AboojTi.gif

#76 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:43 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Apr 8 2012, 06:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You put me into a fit of laughter with just four words. Well played, well played.

I go off no facts that have been shown, just possibility that he will fill in the gap the way I want it to happen. NaruHina and SasuSaku don't fill in they gap, they break everything.

What I said: Naruto and Sakura see Sasuke and Hinata alone, so they get them to see each other, and they are a perfect match.

Until you convince me that that is not possible to fill in the gap, then stop judging my love for SasuHina. biggrin.gif

Edit: let me add this. Sasuke will most likely be with no one. That's why I stated before that SasuHina was only a 2-10% chance that I am hoping to happen.

Edited by FoolishYoungling , 08 April 2012 - 05:45 AM.

2XtVwF6.png

#77 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:44 AM

QUOTE (xxRomanceGirlxx @ Apr 7 2012, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I actually like SasuHina too. happy.gif I didn't at first but after seeing others like and state their thoughts, I ship it as a crack pairing. I honestly don't want Sasuke with anyone. I'd prefer him to be forever alone

Fair enough. I do wonder who started that crack pairing and how it came to be one. Was it just one of those that someone said "Hey, SasuHina is a possibilty" or was there a more thought out process to it. I might search around a bit see what I can find.

As for gay people, maybe Sasuke and Sai(Though they are likely just asexual.). Other possiblitys are Kabuto and maybe Guy. I really don't think there are any gay people in this manga though.

lmao. This made me laugh. Might Guy? That would explain a lot though: Heavy eye liner, tight suits, obsession with Kakashi.

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Apr 7 2012, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love you, man.

I love you too.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 08 April 2012 - 05:46 AM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#78 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:45 AM

QUOTE (FoolishYoungling @ Apr 7 2012, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I go off no facts that have been shown, just possibility that he will fill in the gap the way I want it to happen. NaruHina and SasuSaku don't fill in they gap, they break everything.

What I said: Naruto and Sakura see Sasuke and Hinata alone, so they get them to see each other, and they are a perfect match.

Until you convince me that that is not possible to fill in the gap, then stop judging my love for SasuHina. biggrin.gif

We're not judging your love for SasuHina, we're telling you why we think your reasoning behind it happening in canon is weak.

#79 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:46 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Apr 8 2012, 06:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Logic is the farthest from bias, the mechanism by which reasoning can be weighed and determined as either sound or faulty. For instance, the model If A = B, and B = C, then A must = C only works if A, B and C are confirmed to be true.

Reasoning is the explanation and justification of one's position based on the knowledge at hand. If Sakura is a kunoichi, and a kunoichi is a ninja, then Sakura must be a ninja. This statement is an example of valid reasoning, because it fits the model above.

Reasoning can only be considered logical if it deals strictly in verifiably true statements, otherwise it is prone to falling into fallacy. For instance, there is a logical fallacy called "begging the question," which is to derive a conclusion from an assumption that as not already met its own burden of proof. That assumption is the part where the logic no longer works. For instance, to say "Sakura must love Sasuke because she only cries over the ones she loves," then it's fallacious on two accounts. One is that it begs the question, because it assumes that she only cries for the ones she loves. And second, seeing as how we have seen her cry over others with whom she has no romantic interest, then the word "love" is loosely defined.

Common sense is a default reasoning based on popular belief, not necessarily based on logic, let alone tested. For instance, it was once common sense that indentured servitude is a fair exchange for shelter. And it was once common sense that the Earth is flat.

Belief is a conclusion derived purely from assumption, without reasoning from logic.

#80 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE (Kushina @ Apr 8 2012, 05:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We're not judging your love for SasuHina, we're telling you why we think your reasoning behind it happening in canon is weak.

Lets end it at that, because I agree with your statement of calling it weak.

2XtVwF6.png

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)