#41 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:28 PM

I'm actualy wondering more about the comment "If people knew you were my son, there might be trouble." Does that mean Naruto needs to keep it a secret? He's already in a lot of trouble with the enemy knowing he has the 9-tails, so I'm wondering what other underlying stories could make it more diffucult for him if people knew his heritage.

And he mentioned the fact that Madara is so powerful Naruto would need the some sort of special power to fight him. It's really making me wonder just how powerful Madara is. Pein is already pretty insanely powerful. But this really leads us down the road of finding a way to use Kyuubi's powers as part of Naruto's arsenal, possibly without any ill effects to him.

And of course, I can't wait for this next fight. I would like to see what's going on with the rest of Konoha as well. You've got Sakura wanting to save Hinata, Team Gai returning, and the search for Nagato. There's just so much going on...we need a double issue. smile.gif

#42 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (Chivalrysae @ Mar 20 2009, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm actualy wondering more about the comment "If people knew you were my son, there might be trouble." Does that mean Naruto needs to keep it a secret? He's already in a lot of trouble with the enemy knowing he has the 9-tails, so I'm wondering what other underlying stories could make it more difficult for him if people knew his heritage.

I'm sure it wouldn't be a good thing for most people to know who Naruto's father was, but really what would it do? Maybe, like you say, there are more secrets of the 4th that people would go after through Naruto, but everyone that would be after him already is.

I ponder these questions with you...

Hmmmmm...

#43 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (jworks @ Mar 20 2009, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sure it wouldn't be a good thing for most people to know who Naruto's father was, but really what would it do? Maybe, like you say, there are more secrets of the 4th that people would go after through Naruto, but everyone that would be after him already is.

I ponder these questions with you...

Hmmmmm...

That's like saying: "I'm the son of the President, my safety will be fine. I don't need to keep it a secret."

Yondaime was a huge enemy of Iwa (Hidden Stone) during the Great War. Realizing that he had a son, would increase hostilities.

#44 Nawheetos

Nawheetos

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Mar 20 2009, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's like saying: "I'm the son of the President, my safety will be fine. I don't need to keep it a secret."

Yondaime was a huge enemy of Iwa (Hidden Stone) during the Great War. Realizing that he had a son, would increase hostilities.

Still doesn't explain why no-one ever told Naruto though. The meanies.

#45 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:41 PM

That is explained clearly from the very beginning, and is still one of the main points:

OLD PEOPLE SUCK.

The New Generation is full of geniuses and super folks with brains the size of Godzilla's "Mojo", and old people can't do anything but suck, fail, and die.

So of course, having one of them go out of their way to explain something incredibly important to the main character, which might have made him safer in the long run, is a no go.

Albus Dumbledore would be proud.

#46 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE (Gravity @ Mar 20 2009, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is explained clearly from the very beginning, and is still one of the main points:

OLD PEOPLE SUCK.

The New Generation is full of geniuses and super folks with brains the size of Godzilla's "Mojo", and old people can't do anything but suck, fail, and die.

So of course, having one of them go out of their way to explain something incredibly important to the main character, which might have made him safer in the long run, is a no go.

Thats true that its all about the up and coming generation, but the old people do have a place; their job is to pass on their knowledge and expeirience to the young generation as the young take over. Its the whole teacher to student thing that is all over Naruto.

#47 zig-zag-zombies

zig-zag-zombies

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:40 PM

I'm going to ramble on a bit here.

I get the feeling that while it would have made more sense for Naruto to know about his heritage from the start, it honestly just adds to the story to have Naruto as a delinquent of the village, only to grow and become one of their most valuable protectors.

I think that if he knew from the beginning that Minato was his father he would just be another Konohamaru, wishing to be Hokage simply because his relative was. Naruto's dream has a lot more real intent because it's his own.

I'm not going to complain that Naruto didn't find out about Minato now because I figure Kishimoto knows what he's doing. Authors plan out their stories and add each part for a reason - I can say that as one. In an ideal world, Naruto should have known from the start, but I think it's best for him that he learned at a point where he's mature enough to handle everything that's going on.

About Sakura - a lot has happened with Naruto in this short time they've been separated! I feel a heartfelt talk coming on between the two, hehe!

QUOTE (Gravity @ Mar 20 2009, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I laughed so hard at this comment, by the way.

#48 Shadow-kun

Shadow-kun

Sage Wolf

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:37 AM

QUOTE (Gravity @ Mar 20 2009, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OLD PEOPLE SUCK.

This post was priceless! I laughed so hard! laugh.gif

Visit my cute Dragons!

Spreading the Horoism!

#49 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:43 AM

Actually there are several very good reasons why his heritage was kept from him. the msot obvious being his safety. If it was widely known that the fourth had a son Iwa would have started a war for the sole purpose of murder or even abduction. Imagine the coup of taking your worst enemy and turning his infant son into a weapon agaisnt his home village as revenge.

aslo their is the notion of the villagers and others using him as a dupe. Since being the yondaimes son would hold some level of prestige in the village. as a kid hed bevulnerable to predators who would use that to their advantage.

the reason to not tell Naruto is that of course he would tell others. its inevitable hes a kid. Once it gets out and you cna bet someones going to use it. Its also a good bet that it was kept from him so that the various clans would not use him as a weapon to increase their clan prestige. imagine the Hyugaa, or Uchiha raising him as arrogant as they were.

Another reason and the most important is the konohomaru factor. Sarutobi was smart in this matter. He Knew it would be best for Naruto to grow on his own. to become his own man, with his own dreams, and his own personality. Not become a carbon copy of his fathers or mothers dreams or ambitions such as they might be.

Because of the hardships he faced Naruto became a very special person. A caring selfless individual with a well of courage unmatched by anyone out there.

one things for sure he would not have become the person he is had he known who he was. If he had things would have been a lot bleaker for him and a lot more dangerous.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#50 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:03 AM

I understand that if you're the son of a Hokage, you'd be a potential target for anyone who was against your village. But I don't see how that's any different from any other village. And if it has to do with him having a bijuu and them wanting control of it to make a weapon, wouldn't that be the case with any of the other 8? Take Gaara for instance. He's the son of a hokage and he had a Bijuu. I'm wondering if there is something special about the Kyuubi that makes him a bigger target, or if the 4th had other enemies that put him at greater risk. I guess I'm just hoping there's more method to the madness than just the sake of making him a spoiled youth to show his character development.

I'm all for some more mystery and intrigue. Maybe Madara was involved. Or Maybe if he was discovered Orichimaru would have wanted him as a host body. hmm.

More things to think about until the next chapter. smile.gif

And can someone please fill me in on the whole Iwa thing? I'd really appreciate it.

#51 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,841 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:32 AM

QUOTE (Chivalrysae @ Mar 20 2009, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I understand that if you're the son of a Hokage, you'd be a potential target for anyone who was against your village. But I don't see how that's any different from any other village. And if it has to do with him having a bijuu and them wanting control of it to make a weapon, wouldn't that be the case with any of the other 8? Take Gaara for instance. He's the son of a hokage and he had a Bijuu. I'm wondering if there is something special about the Kyuubi that makes him a bigger target, or if the 4th had other enemies that put him at greater risk. I guess I'm just hoping there's more method to the madness than just the sake of making him a spoiled youth to show his character development.

I'm all for some more mystery and intrigue. Maybe Madara was involved. Or Maybe if he was discovered Orichimaru would have wanted him as a host body. hmm.

More things to think about until the next chapter. smile.gif

And can someone please fill me in on the whole Iwa thing? I'd really appreciate it.

But it wasn't mention that the whole Sand village besides Kankuro, Temari and some Sand ninja like Baki knows about Gaara's heritage. And most of the time, information like this are always kept secret for confidentiality issues. Its like this in reality, bringing out a hidden weapon out of a blue (best example is those so-called nuclear weapons we were hearing in the past) will bring panic, war and other drama/bs that will bring alot of greater risks that we don't need and don't want to hear.

As for the Rock, they are (to now, not sure if they are still) enemies to the Leaf and feared Minato (because of his nickname, the Yellow Flash) since the Great Third War. This was all shown back in the Kakashi Gaiden saga.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#52 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:54 AM

Yeah. Minato killed so many of their shinobi that he earned the nickname the yellow flash. Its stated that he is the only ninja with a flee on sight order for him in the bingo book.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#53 Orenji

Orenji

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:59 PM

Naruto not knowing who his father was adds to the whole underdog effect, which is basically what Naruto is haha.

I just want to get this out, even though its a little random from what people were talking about.
I am convinced that the whole Hinata thing was just a trigger from Kishi. He needed someone to trigger the fox so he can have the whole Naruto and Yondy father-son talk, and Hinata was the only one he could nearly kill off without consequences. I explain crap really bad, but you know what I mean?

#54 zig-zag-zombies

zig-zag-zombies

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE (Orenji @ Mar 21 2009, 08:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just want to get this out, even though its a little random from what people were talking about.
I am convinced that the whole Hinata thing was just a trigger from Kishi. He needed someone to trigger the fox so he can have the whole Naruto and Yondy father-son talk, and Hinata was the only one he could nearly kill off without consequences. I explain crap really bad, but you know what I mean?

I completely agree. Even if Hinata was the sole cause for Naruto losing control, it doesn't mean that it's because Naruto is madly in love with her. I thought that Hinata's actions were very noble, to be honest, and I don't resent her for it. Anyone would lose control if someone sacrificed themselves like that. It was of course special to Naruto as well to hear that someone did care for him and look up to him. While Naruto must be deeply moved by Hinata's actions, I don't believe that his feelings are suddenly going to change - he cares for her, but only in the sense that he is someone from his village. Sakura is the one who has been there through his most difficult moments.

Naruto already had plenty of reason to hate Pain as well. Jiraiya was killed, Naruto was constantly having to fear Akatsuki and then Pain destroyed Konoha and has injured and killed many of the villagers. If one more death was added to that, it makes perfect sense that Naruto would lose control. I don't think we have any reason to be worried about Hinata right now. She can't overcome the time and pain that Naruto and Sakura have gone through together.

#55 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (zig-zag-zombies @ Mar 21 2009, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I completely agree. Even if Hinata was the sole cause for Naruto losing control, it doesn't mean that it's because Naruto is madly in love with her. I thought that Hinata's actions were very noble, to be honest, and I don't resent her for it. Anyone would lose control if someone sacrificed themselves like that. It was of course special to Naruto as well to hear that someone did care for him and look up to him. While Naruto must be deeply moved by Hinata's actions, I don't believe that his feelings are suddenly going to change - he cares for her, but only in the sense that he is someone from his village. Sakura is the one who has been there through his most difficult moments.

Naruto already had plenty of reason to hate Pain as well. Jiraiya was killed, Naruto was constantly having to fear Akatsuki and then Pain destroyed Konoha and has injured and killed many of the villagers. If one more death was added to that, it makes perfect sense that Naruto would lose control. I don't think we have any reason to be worried about Hinata right now. She can't overcome the time and pain that Naruto and Sakura have gone through together.

I agree with the trigger effect here, its like fuel had been building up inside Naruto after all these tragic events and this fight with Pein was like holding a match to it all, Hinata's slaughter lit that match.

#56 Cali

Cali

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:25 PM

Uh, let's have a small reality check here a sec, he's hardly even spoken to Hinata let alone had any opportunity to be "madly in love with her" smile.gif. His classmates are precious people to hiim though, just like the village was. Remember Sakura calling out for him? he's got noone to call out for, I guess it all got too much although I still think he gave in a bit too easily.

This whole arc is a little rushed though sad.gif

#57 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (Cali @ Mar 22 2009, 06:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uh, let's have a small reality check here a sec, he's hardly even spoken to Hinata let alone had any opportunity to be "madly in love with her" smile.gif. His classmates are precious people to hiim though, just like the village was. Remember Sakura calling out for him? he's got noone to call out for, I guess it all got too much although I still think he gave in a bit too easily.

This whole arc is a little rushed though sad.gif

Who is saying he is madly in love with her...? it is what and who he grew up around that is being destroyed, in addition to pein killing pervy sage and egging him on with pein's little speeches of doom. I'd freak the hell out.

And its already been over twenty chapters since pein attacked.

#58 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:56 PM

I'd like to add something to catsi's statement. Remember the burden Sasuke was faced with upholding the Uchiha clan legacy? If Naruto was told he was the son of The Yellow Flash, that would mean that he may also be faced with the burden of upholding that expectation. Instead, while growing up alone was harsh, he was unrestrained and free, but also gained tremendous loyalty to friends, true friends who stuck by him not because he was 'Yondaime Jr.' but because he was Naruto, Konoha's #1 Hyperactive Knuckleheaded Ninja.

#59 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:38 PM

it also explains a bit why he was called Uzumaki Naruto to further hide him from his father's enemies though most people must not have known about Kushina and Minato's relationship or the secret would not have been safe.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users