3675 replies to this topic

#101 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:48 PM

I'm also gonna go with Sony as the best E3 showing, they have alot of quality exclusives coming, and the PSP is set to have a killer lineup itself.

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jun 8 2009, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which one do you think was more impressive? Natal or PS3's new motion controller?

Natal looked more impressive, but it looks rigged to me, not sure it will be that good, and right now I don't really care for it.. Sony's controller will be coming next year, and it looked very precise, but the tech demo they used looked like it was thrown together at the last moment. My question is, will Sony & Microsoft support these enough? will third party developers get involved with these devices? Im going to remain skeptic until they give me a reason not to be.

#102 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:09 AM

My question is, will Sony & Microsoft support these enough? will third party developers get involved with these devices?

Probably not. Third Party developers barely get involved with it enough on the Wii and the whole system revolved around motion control. We'll probably see a few games come out for these things, but not a glut of them. The way the industry has been lately, there's little real incentive for a developer to dump the money into making software that supports it when it has a real chance of bombing or not really making enough money to justify it.

Edited by dl316bh, 09 June 2009 - 12:19 AM.

bd5.jpg

#103 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 09 June 2009 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Jun 8 2009, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Probably not. Third Party developers barely get involved with it enough on the Wii and the whole system revolved around motion control. We'll probably see a few games come out for these things, but not a glut of them. The way the industry has been lately, there's little real incentive for a developer to dump the money into making software that supports it when it has a real chance of bombing or not really making enough money to justify it.

Dont know about that one, Peter and his crew down at Lionhead seemed to have a lot of fun with NATAL. Give the developers a bit more credit, they might jump into it better than you think.

#104 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 06:49 PM

I give developers a lot of credit, trust me; it's not a matter of me questioning their creativity or whatever. But I'm also taking into account the costs of making games these days and the way the economy's been for the past year. Lionhead is a good developer without question and they probably will do something for things like NATAL, but remember they're technically owned by Microsoft. They've got more than enough monetary backing to risk a game on such a device.

I don't see a lot of others jumping in on stuff like this or the PS3's controller unless things improve before they hit. The only one I can see giving it an honest shot right now is EA. They've been taking risks on new IP's and such lately, so if anyone would look to make a title for it they'd probably be them. For many others, however, that's not really a viable risk to be taking at the time being.

Edited by dl316bh, 09 June 2009 - 06:51 PM.

bd5.jpg

#105 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Jun 9 2009, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't see a lot of others jumping in on stuff like this or the PS3's controller unless things improve before they hit. The only one I can see giving it an honest shot right now is EA. They've been taking risks on new IP's and such lately, so if anyone would look to make a title for it they'd probably be them. For many others, however, that's not really a viable risk to be taking at the time being.

Isnt that kinda sad? EA leads the charge in new IPs... -sigh- Just wait, I will produce some great games and you will all remember that I once used to troll this glorious board. Whirlpool Productions FTW!

#106 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:40 PM

Kind of, yeah. They seem to be making an honest effort to change their ways, though. I haven't forgotten their kittenish moves in the past, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Activision-Blizzard is becoming the replacement for EA as industry pricks. They've been so sue happy lately that it's disgusting, for one thing.

Just wait, I will produce some great games and you will all remember that I once used to troll this glorious board.

You consider yourself trollish? I haven't seen any behavior like that from you. O_o
bd5.jpg

#107 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:45 PM

So...Final Fantasy 13 will have a black dude starring in it...who's a MAIN character and not some random background character...and he has an AFRO...EPIC! wow.png :teehee:

And the gameplay looks simply stunning :3

#108 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:23 PM

Wow! FFXIII impresses me! And I'm not a RPG-er wow.png

And I think that that pink-haired chick is the main character. tongue.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#109 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jun 9 2009, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow! FFXIII impresses me! And I'm not a RPG-er wow.png

And I think that that pink-haired chick is the main character. tongue.gif

I know that, Derock tongue.gif

I meant main character in the sense of being part of the *main* rpg fighting party...but you're not an rpg-er, so I guess that's why you didn't get what I meant tongue.gif

#110 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:54 PM

She is.

Her name is the only thing I'm iffy about when it comes to FFXIII. I mean, Lightening? Seriously? It just... doesn't work well at all.

Other than that, you can be damn sure I'll be picking this up the day of release for certain, just like I have with most of the Final Fantasy series in general. Whenever the hell that release date is, anyhow.

Edited by dl316bh, 09 June 2009 - 10:54 PM.

bd5.jpg

#111 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:20 PM

First day buy for me.

I already pre-ordered Modern Warfare 2, Assassin's Creed 2 and Halo: ODST.

FF XIII, come soon!

#112 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 04:31 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jun 9 2009, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know that, Derock tongue.gif

I meant main character in the sense of being part of the *main* rpg fighting party...but you're not an rpg-er, so I guess that's why you didn't get what I meant tongue.gif

Not only does he sport the great 'fro, but has a baby chocobo living in it. Just for that alone I would buy this game, but it seems interesting and is coming to 360, so maybe I will finally feel satisfied with a RPG on X-Box.

#113 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:13 PM

So what about Duke Nukem Forever. Did you see the fans cheer?

Man , I'm getting that.

And being able to change Duke's expressions with the X button is godly new. And the new enemies. My gosh.

The King is back.

/Yahtzeetrolling

#114 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (Yakatsu @ Jun 10 2009, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So what about Duke Nukem Forever. Did you see the fans cheer?

Man , I'm getting that.

And being able to change Duke's expressions with the X button is godly new. And the new enemies. My gosh.

The King is back.

/Yahtzeetrolling

dry.gif Why is it that I am not holding my breath for this one.

#115 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (Sir Whirly @ Jun 10 2009, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dry.gif Why is it that I am not holding my breath for this one.

You've good reason not to. Unless someones else picks this up and finishes it off, I doubt it will ever see release. 3D Realms apparently closed their doors a month back.
bd5.jpg

#116 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 05:01 AM

Bestbuy Canada was offering 10 dollars off on pre-orders for E3 games...

Pre-ordered Final Fantasy XIII, AC 2 and Modern Warfare 2.

#117 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 12 June 2009 - 05:03 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jun 12 2009, 06:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bestbuy Canadia was offering 10 francs off on pre-orders for E3 games...

Pre-ordered Final Fantasy XIII, AC 2 and Modern Warfare 2.

Fixed.

#118 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 05:06 AM

QUOTE (Yakatsu @ Jun 12 2009, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fixed.

fu.png

#119 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 12 June 2009 - 06:28 PM

So now that E3 has been over...for quite a while now, what are your thoughts on this year's E3 overall?

#120 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jun 12 2009, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So now that E3 has been over...for quite a while now, what are your thoughts on this year's E3 overall?

Better than last year with a ways to go yet before it gets back to the way it used to be. Sony had a great conference, Microsoft's was real good and Nintendo's was rather mediocre. Some cool stuff came out of it.

I'm looking forward to next year; a marked contrast to how I felt this time last year.
bd5.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users