If Kishi really wanted to make NS canon by next weeks chapter, it wouldn't be too hard to do so - in a literary sense. Right before the fight begins, Naruto could ask Kakashi & Sakura to relocate to a different location so they won't become "collateral damage", but since its Naruto, he'll most likely say he can't fight at full power if he's worrying about their safety. And right before they leave, Sakura could profess her love for him, just in case if the worst possible scenario were to transpire, and he loses (meaning death).
But I have an inkling that if NS were to become canon this way, a lot of you might not be too happy. But if you look back at recent events in the manga, many things have occurred in a way not many of us have been able to predict correctly:
- the way in which Naruto reacted to seeing Minato and Sasuke join the Alliance was different in the way many of us thought he would react
- The way in which Kakashi reacted when he first meant Minato
- The way in which Team 7 were to fight against the Infinite Tsukuyomi (I saw a lot of theories that Naruto & Sasuke would somehow break out of IT through a friendship power-up)
- The way Madara was defeated
- And of course, the build up to Naruto & Sasuke's fated battle. (Too soon)
Now, I'm not saying this is how NS should become canon. Like a lot of you, I too want Naruto & Sakura to sit down and have a serious talk. But the way NS is going to become canon, based on history (manga), they're going to become canon in way none of us would have thought. Be it good or bad, it'll most likely depend on the individual.