Close
Photo

Boku No Hero Academia

• Please log in to reply
4201 replies to this topic

#3621 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 07:12 PM

Dechako is strong this week :hehehe: everyone is catching on lol

I saw it when I briefly saw stuff for the chapter in Korean. It's harder to find ways to read it when I don't have my debit card on me to be able to sign up for some places and such so I can ACTUALLY keep up with my favorite Jump series, plus I also got a limited budget, so that doesn't help!

#3622 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 07:24 PM

Oh it's out on mangainn.net so there might be other translations out now

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3623 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 12:56 PM

Anyone saw episode 13 of season 4? Deku pulled a "Saitama"!!! :w00t:  :excited:

#3624 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 18 January 2020 - 01:25 AM

Oh boy...

Chapter 257

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#3625 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 08:52 AM

I still have a lot of dislike for Katsuki's self ego stroking and that Horikoshi is even enforcing it in universe but that is a personal matter. At least there seems to be some a very potent mystery coming up. If that is not just  a baiting foreshadowing to catch  the audience's attention

#3626 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

Posted 19 January 2020 - 06:24 PM

While I await for a new Scanlator group for the latest chapter, the 2nd movie is out in Japan and I spoil some stuff:

Heroes: RISING

And this is what I was afraid of ever since the Deku vs Bakugo fight 2.0. You can say Deku "giving/sharing" OFA  fits thematically into the story however it comes of at the cost of the MC, it literary undermines him what made him so special in the first place its a double edged sword IMO. Also this new transfer method of OFA that's introduced now, granted we didn't knew much about OFA so its kind of OK but to make it like it has no repercussions towards Deku (giving it and somehow taking it back) its a fuking arspull  it shouldn't be treated as something simple as exchanging cash for fuk's sake  :facepalm: .

It also doesn't help that the author is kind of ridding on Bakugo's kitten for to long to the point that he's even owning the char polls. And I'm saying all of this bc the movie is like semi canon confirmed if I'm not mistaken, more so bc the author said that he planed to implement this in the final battle of the manga but decided not to and left it for this movie, so either he has something better in stored or it can be even worse so take it as you wish.           

Anyways new to this thread here just recently started with BNHA, overall opinion it started really good for me now its kind of I don't know underwhelming  I hope the author picks up his game and start paying attention to other characters like it was in the beginning there's still time to improve so there's hope but the warning signs are definitely more present IMO.   

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#3627 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 09:31 PM

I still have a lot of dislike for Katsuki's self ego stroking and that Horikoshi is even enforcing it in universe but that is a personal matter. At least there seems to be some a very potent mystery coming up. If that is not just  a baiting foreshadowing to catch  the audience's attention

It shows too he's still kinda petty, given how he was when claiming he'd won over Izuku BRIEFLY. Even if he acts better, he still has his temper, his arrogance, and his need to stroke his ego here and there to work on to be a better hero, as well as the fact that he still thinks heroes are someone who win all the time, when you can't always win.

#3628 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 23 January 2020 - 03:46 PM

So has the manga been as of late? 

the last time I read up to the series was like the beginning of the Endeavor Agency Arc. 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#3629 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:05 PM

So has the manga been as of late? 

the last time I read up to the series was like the beginning of the Endeavor Agency Arc. 

All I can say is that kitten is about to go DOWN!!! Avengers style!!!  :wot: .

The spoilers for Ch 258 are out btw  its looking pretty crazy. 

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#3630 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 09:21 PM

Hell yeah can't wait for the translations!!!

#3631 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 05 February 2020 - 01:20 AM

So apparently, there is currently a huge rift for Horikoshi-sensei on Twitter after this week's chapter was released.

What happened was:

Character name

Now, if I'm misinformed, please let me know.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#3632 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 06:04 PM

Yeah something along those lines. As far as I can tell the backlash was pretty bad regarding that. Though it doesn’t make sense to me.

On a more positive note anyone preordered their tickets yet for “Heroes Rising”?

#3633 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 07:46 PM

On a more positive note anyone preordered their tickets yet for “Heroes Rising”?

I might get in for free. (I work for corporate of a dine-in/theater company!)

As for the backlash:

Over a translation

latest?cb=20140126021943

#3634 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 12:09 AM

Anyone have the link to the support horikoshi page on twitter? I want to show him my support.

#3635 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 12:56 AM

Anyone have the link to the support horikoshi page on twitter? I want to show him my support.

I believe it's a hashtag.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#3636 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 08:17 AM

I believe it's a hashtag.

It still does suck what happened since I'm sure Mr. Horikoshi wasn't meaning to cause some trouble like that.

#3637 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 09:45 AM

It still does suck what happened since I'm sure Mr. Horikoshi wasn't meaning to cause some trouble like that.

He didn't mean to. IRL, we have crazy people all over the world, not just the US or any other Western country.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#3638 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 04:21 PM

Can you believe this series is almost 6 years old now? Time flies.

Anyway, the backlash over this series is....weird, but somewhat understandable. They named a character after a real thing in history. Kind of like a series having a character named after Hitler I guess or something along those lines.

I get it, but at the same time, it is the name of a villain. Like, this is the "evil dude." So I don't get why they are so upset by it...I would think they would want this guy to be defeated and get his asskicked. Love the days when I can shoot Hitler in games.

Although, I find it weird how people are getting upset over evil people doing...well, evil things.

"Well that is not very nice"
"OF COURSE NOT. I'M F---ING EVIL!!!!"
-TFS DBZ abridged Goku and Vegeta

"Omg, the goblins are raping people in Goblin Slayer"
Well, yeah...they are evil horrible creatures...I would hope you'd be glad to see them get taken out

"Omg, that women accused that man of false rape."
Again...she is evil and the bad guy of the show...how is this so surprising?

"Omg, how could that being just do...."
Look, bad guys do bad things....get used to it. Just be glad the hero saves the day and punishes them.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#3639 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:26 PM

And still can't get me in on a fulltime reading it, there is intresting part but I can drop it for half a year and won't even bother with developing, there is no OMG factor in it for me for some reason, everything is wellpaced and written compared to BC but just not really gets to you if I can say so.

#3640 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 01:06 AM

Anyway, the backlash over this series is....weird, but somewhat understandable. They named a character after a real thing in history. Kind of like a series having a character named after Hitler I guess or something along those lines.

I get it, but at the same time, it is the name of a villain. Like, this is the "evil dude." So I don't get why they are so upset by it...I would think they would want this guy to be defeated and get his asskicked. Love the days when I can shoot Hitler in games.

Although, I find it weird how people are getting upset over evil people doing...well, evil things.

"Well that is not very nice"
"OF COURSE NOT. I'M F---ING EVIL!!!!"
-TFS DBZ abridged Goku and Vegeta

"Omg, the goblins are raping people in Goblin Slayer"
Well, yeah...they are evil horrible creatures...I would hope you'd be glad to see them get taken out

"Omg, that women accused that man of false rape."
Again...she is evil and the bad guy of the show...how is this so surprising?

"Omg, how could that being just do...."
Look, bad guys do bad things....get used to it. Just be glad the hero saves the day and punishes them.

Oh yes the series is going to be six years old this year. :yes:

Edited by Phantom_999, 08 February 2020 - 01:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users