31578 replies to this topic

#29861 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 16 September 2021 - 09:42 PM

So this person seems to do a lot of in defense of Naruto and Sasuke videos.

PoG: "Too Many Naruto"

HBS: Each represent another facet/aspect of Naruto that reveals another potential conclusion.

"Naruto is too gifted, genes, and has fox demon powers that give him the edge."

Naruto has an antagonist relationship with the fox for most of the series and he often has to under go extensive training to learn his powers.

"Naruto wants acknowledgment not Hokageship."

It showed his immaturity early on. Eventually became a placeholder when he did gain acknowledgment. 

"Neji is Right"

Neji is Blind

And so on

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 17 September 2021 - 06:31 PM.

#29862 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 06:30 PM

https://twitter.com/...879002471637003

More official art.

https://twitter.com/sakuraculture

This twitter account seems to be a good place to find Sakura images.

#29863 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 08:33 PM

https://twitter.com/...879002471637003

More official art.

https://twitter.com/sakuraculture

This twitter account seems to be a good place to find Sakura images.

There seems to be a mistake there.

The main character of the series is missing from that picture.

:D

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#29864 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 23 September 2021 - 10:26 AM

https://youtu.be/lhUhl9fwvfg robot chicken did a naruto parody

#29865 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 24 September 2021 - 11:50 AM

Totally late to the party but I just found out Naruto would kill Boruto if he goes bad? The author of TnJ, who rehabilitated the worst villains, and begged on his knees for an ally of the world's biggest terrorist organization? Not once in the manga did he take a life. That guy would now take out his own kid? The will of fire is peak nationalism.

Edited by sushi., 24 September 2021 - 11:53 AM.

ナルサク

#29866 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 24 September 2021 - 04:15 PM

Totally late to the party but I just found out Naruto would kill Boruto if he goes bad? The author of TnJ, who rehabilitated the worst villains, and begged on his knees for an ally of the world's biggest terrorist organization? Not once in the manga did he take a life. That guy would now take out his own kid? The will of fire is peak nationalism.

Feels like lazy writing because this is never how I felt the Will of Fire was supposed to be based on how it was mentioned during Hiruzens funeral in Irukas flashback

#29867 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 24 September 2021 - 08:48 PM

If he does that, that would bring BS into the entire series and the fandom would be in an uproar. I cannot wait for that :plots: ! Even though it does consider lazy writing but the writing went out the window when they first started this crap, remember?

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#29868 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 24 September 2021 - 09:55 PM

Without more context. Pretty sure that was due to the Karma seal, where even Bolt's and Nail's personality would have been overwritten by their Kaguya clan member infecting them. Sasuke also promised to kill Bolt if that were to happen. So, it was both necessary and a mercy kill. Since, if it got to that point; Bolt would have no longer existed anyways.

Though it does like always fly in the face of the lessons of Naruto. Since, apparently, the First Hokage's big mistake was finally giving up on Madara and decided to just kill him to defend the village they made, instead of giving him his thousandth third chance. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 08 May 2022 - 03:36 PM.

#29869 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 12:59 PM

Without more context. Pretty sure that was due to the Karma seal, where even Bolt's and Nail's personality would have been overwritten by their Kaguya clan member infecting them. Sasuke also promised to kill Bolt if that were to happen. So, it was both necessary and a mercy kill. Since, if it got to that point; Bolt would have no longer existed anyways.

Though it does like always fly in the face of the lessons of Naruto. Since, apparently, the First Hokage's big mistake was finally giving up on Madara and decided to just kill him to defend the village they made, instead of giving him his thousandth third chance. 

At this point, the conflicts feel forced and every time an event happens it could have been easily avoided. Naruto and Sasuke for example should have taken care of these issues without breaking a sweat considering how powerful they were at the end of the original. Naruto was supposedly faster than light or what some fans say, but he can be outwitted by a 13 year old. 

Both Naruto and Dragonball have done this thing where the main character seems to have gotten weaker and dumber. 

This is why I like JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. It is not brute force that stops enemies, but tact and ingenuity. Yes, at time the plan seems outrageous, but at least it was a plan and part of the gimmick. Naruto is just like "Oh well, this didn't work, better add more power."

So this person seems to do a lot of in defense of Naruto and Sasuke videos.

PoG: "Too Many Naruto"

HBS: Each represent another facet/aspect of Naruto that reveals another potential conclusion.

PoG mentions this when comparing Naruto to Batman. 

"Naruto is too gifted, genes, and has fox demon powers that give him the edge."

Naruto has an antagonist relationship with the fox for most of the series and he often has to under go extensive training to learn his powers.

I think HBS missed the point on this one. Let's compare it to two other heroes Superman and Goku.
Superman has near infinite power set which in his early years had to refine his abilities to control it. We all know the famous cardboard line. "I feel like I live in a world made of cardboard. Always taking great care not to break something...to break someone." It was not a journey to become powerful, it was a journey to control his power and understand that despite being powerful he has no right to be god.

Goku is the opposite. He had barely any power, although he did have a help up with his saiyan biology, but he trained to gain abilities, combat awareness, refinement, and power boosts. He also trained his ki reserves and power to get greater outcomes while using as little ki as possible. Such as the SSJ form being perfected to the point that Ki was nearly non-existent. 

In contrast to Naruto, who wanted to be powerful, but didn't want to refine himself. As PoG pointed out, Naruto literally dumped huge amounts of chakra to FORCE an ability to work while others can use the minimal amount to make a clone. Now, does he learn eventually? I guess, we never get told he refined it, but that's the point...everything was a chore. Even training to be Hokage he basically pouted going "why can't I just do this automatically?" For a story that is all about hardwork, why did you make the main character so lazy? Okay, it can show his immaturity at first, but allow him to grow from it and learn to take time. No, he keeps this trait all the way up to adulthood. Of all the abilities he could have learned from Jiriaya, from Minato, from his own clan teachings....he barely knows anything besides "Rasengan go biggie." I guess the rasenshurikan is cool and all, but that's it? It is the only time Naruto actually figures something out on his own without someone else telling him what to do. 

It would be nice to see Naruto use unique abilities or come up with things on his own. Sasuke did more with his chidori than Naruto did with the Rasengan.

"Naruto wants acknowledgment not Hokageship."

It showed his immaturity early on. Eventually became a placeholder when he did gain acknowledgment. 

Them why continue to want to be Hokage if it no longer has any significance? Again, shows his immaturity yes. but he doesn't really grow out of it. Naruto doesn't understand the meaning to being Hokage and the position has been reduced to a desk job that does nothing but file paperwork...something Naruto HATES as a matter of fact. Itachi told him that you don't be Hokage to gain acknowledgement...you become Hokage BECAUSE you're acknowledged. When the original point has already been achieve, then what is the point? 

If I say "I want this job because it will make me rich." I win the lottery and gain millions of dollars. Now that I am rich, what is the purpose of the job then? Does it make me happy? Does it make me fulfilled? Am I achieving something? If it is ONLY to gain money, then the job has become pointless. Naruto doesn't have a reason to be Hokage after that. He doesn't truly grasp the point of Hokage and at no point has he had been given any other reason why he wants to be Hokage. To change the system? Well, he didn't do that. What's next? 

It is a crap shoot and even then they still make a joke of him becoming Hokage....so even to the story itself....being Hokage is a joke job. 

"Neji is Right"

Neji is Blind

Neji was both because the system itself was blind and underhanded. He is only living what he believes and the fact that Naruto continues the very system that we know is corrupt is just bad. 

Edited by James S Cassidy, 25 September 2021 - 01:40 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#29870 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 08:40 PM

At this point, the conflicts feel forced and every time an event happens it could have been easily avoided. Naruto and Sasuke for example should have taken care of these issues without breaking a sweat considering how powerful they were at the end of the original. Naruto was supposedly faster than light or what some fans say, but he can be outwitted by a 13 year old. 

Both Naruto and Dragonball have done this thing where the main character seems to have gotten weaker and dumber. 

This is why I like JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. It is not brute force that stops enemies, but tact and ingenuity. Yes, at time the plan seems outrageous, but at least it was a plan and part of the gimmick. Naruto is just like "Oh well, this didn't work, better add more power."

As much as they should be able to resolve most physical conflict, since they are the two most powerful ninja in the world...before the scifi equipped kara members existed. The Karma seals was something they couldn't control, it just appeared on Bolt's hand after the battle with Femmy and Nail had since before they met him. Power doesn't mean anything if they don't understand the issue enough to fix it or that it has to be resolve beside anything other then force.

Granted. Naruto should be able to try resolve it because he should be a seal master. -Like I said in the latest chapter topic ninjas tend to learn at least basic seals after a certain stage and was normally a sign of them stepping into a new stage of ninja career; hell every Hokage before him was a seal master, and his clan were seal master. Yet, in Boruto the only thing he has is some elemental attacks, Shadow clones, and spamming Kurama.- Instead he clearly doesn't know what it is, can't study it, and no one else seems to be able to until Madoc comes in and explains the whole things in excruciating detail.

In defense of Toriyama and Goku. He always had the idea of Goku being this dumb selfish guy who was still kind but focused more on a good fight over anything else. During Dragonball Z that slowly went away and when he started up super he returned Goku to form. Also help along that in Z, Vegeta was the one letting the villains power up so Goku could have his good fight. While not looking bad for letting it happen. While in Super, due to Vegeta's growth he stop doing that. So, now Goku had to pick up that role again. Kishimoto just stopped caring.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 08 May 2022 - 03:39 PM.

#29871 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 26 September 2021 - 04:36 PM

In defense of Toriyama and Goku. He always had the idea of Goku being this dumb selfish guy who was still kind but focused more on a good fight over anything else. During Dragonball Z that slowly went away and when he started up super he returned Goku to form. Also help along that in Z, Vegeta was the one letting the villains power up so Goku could have his good fight. While not looking bad for letting it happen. While in Super, due to Vegeta's growth he stop doing that. So, now Goku had to pick up that role again. Kishimoto just stopped caring.

I have to respectfully disagree. While the fighting aspect is fine because at least there is an understanding to it, there are some times it was TOO ridiculous. 

Look at this scene, specifically with Zeno giving him a button to help summon him to "play" and he will show up instantly

Even Zeno is like "Really? I am right here." 
THAT is just way too stupid even if played for laughs.

Then we have the time Beerus disguised as Monaka and the costume rips and Goku thinks "oh you can just transform like Buu? Cool."
And again Beerus is floored by how stupid it is.

I am talking moments like this. This is especially true when in Dragonball Z they clearly say that each person has a unique Ki signature that they can detect like when Cell had the DNA of everyone and his Ki was senses like everyone was fighting everyone. While it did throw them off cause they didn't meet Cell yet, when they realized what was going on they didn't question anymore. 

Now all of a sudden he can't detect Beerus's God Ki and even when an obvious disguise is obvious, Goku is still fooled? That's just plain and utter brain damage and far lower than previous Gokus were.  And this is a Goku that previous had an understanding of driving and working a motorvehicle, some understanding of piloting space ships (even alien ones), and some other basic knowledge. Super Goku seems like he can't even work a doorbell let alone anything more complicated and many fans I have seen have some real issues with this. 

Weaker opponents could outsmart Goku. We would laugh that TFS Goku was that stupid and we knew it was just a joke, but it has become a reality.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 26 September 2021 - 04:37 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#29872 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 27 September 2021 - 12:39 AM

From what I understand, the Monaka thing was largely an anime thing, he pretty much stop existing after that one tournament in the manga, and to play for laughs. Both Goku too stupid to realize he is being deceived and Goku has seen so many weird fighters that he just brushes it off. Since in His mind, "Wow this must be why Monaka is so strong he can transform and copy Beerus' ki." Helped along by his friends and family feeding the lie.

Again, Goku change in personality was Toriyama returning Goku to what he was suppose to be. Also changes between dub and subs but lets ignore that one. Goku was always a laid back idiot who was a genius at fighting. He would get serious when the situation called for it but if nothing is happening he is laidback, goofy, and stupid. He was normally serious in Z because most of the time a world destroying enemy was needing to be stop and little down time. Compared to the more adventure story Dragonball, and more Slice of Life Super where their is more time for him to be laidback. How are you on and off the clock?

Goku drives both a tractor and a hover van in Super due to his job as a farmer. The spaceships in Z were pretty much on autopilot and he was doing very little flying of it himself.

#29873 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 27 September 2021 - 12:44 AM

It doesnt help that Super is set early in the morning now from what MasakoX has said why its not as Dark as Z.

Hell look at what they have done to Lord Zedd in the new power rangers.

I hate when they dumb things down like this.

Edited by TheFirstEvil100, 27 September 2021 - 12:45 AM.

#29874 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 27 September 2021 - 01:29 AM

From what I understand, the Monaka thing was largely an anime thing, he pretty much stop existing after that one tournament in the manga, and to play for laughs. Both Goku too stupid to realize he is being deceived and Goku has seen so many weird fighters that he just brushes it off. Since in His mind, "Wow this must be why Monaka is so strong he can transform and copy Beerus' ki." Helped along by his friends and family feeding the lie.

Again, Goku change in personality was Toriyama returning Goku to what he was suppose to be. Also changes between dub and subs but lets ignore that one. Goku was always a laid back idiot who was a genius at fighting. He would get serious when the situation called for it but if nothing is happening he is laidback, goofy, and stupid. He was normally serious in Z because most of the time a world destroying enemy was needing to be stop and little down time. Compared to the more adventure story Dragonball, and more Slice of Life Super where their is more time for him to be laidback. How are you on and off the clock?

Goku drives both a tractor and a hover van in Super due to his job as a farmer. The spaceships in Z were pretty much on autopilot and he was doing very little flying of it himself.

You just love making excuses for kittening writing, don't you?

This always reminds me of when every time I bring up how SP is kitten with animation if it is not Hinata and showcase the Pain fight....and every single person always pulls off the "That's what it was supposed to be." 

Well, if you like it that then sure, but maybe I prefer writers that actually can....you know...write practically.

"It was an anime thing"

Which is pretty much canon at this point...since....honestly, which one holds the canon card? The anime which makes all the characters dumb or the manga that makes all the character weak. You probably insert some excuse here, but tell me more how Vegeta can't lift 1000 tons, but everyone expects these characters to be far more powerful. I guess them being that weak was "as they were supposed to be" huh?

Can't criticize anything anymore...that's how it is supposed to be.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 27 September 2021 - 01:57 AM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#29875 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 27 September 2021 - 04:03 AM

You just love making excuses for kittening writing, don't you?

This always reminds me of when every time I bring up how SP is kitten with animation if it is not Hinata and showcase the Pain fight....and every single person always pulls off the "That's what it was supposed to be." 

Well, if you like it that then sure, but maybe I prefer writers that actually can....you know...write practically.

"It was an anime thing"

Which is pretty much canon at this point...since....honestly, which one holds the canon card? The anime which makes all the characters dumb or the manga that makes all the character weak. You probably insert some excuse here, but tell me more how Vegeta can't lift 1000 tons, but everyone expects these characters to be far more powerful. I guess them being that weak was "as they were supposed to be" huh?

Can't criticize anything anymore...that's how it is supposed to be.

It is called being a Devil's Advocate. There is nothing wrong on trying to understand another points of view. Seeing a stance from another perspective can even help understand your own better.

Also, I'm more forgiving if its from the original creator with a good reason instead of a corporate decision.

SP animation of the Hinata...thing with Pein is its own mess, and again anime versus manga.

Why would I care how much Vegeta can lift? That wasn't even part of the discussion. We were talking about Goku's personality and why it seemed to change from Dragon ball Z to Super. Which can be boil down to, Z was constant fate of the world is at risk action so Goku was almost always serious, Super has more down time scene so that allowed the anime to show off Goku's laidback, goofy, and stupid traits; which were also present in Z but not as much due to lack of downtime. Also Toriyama wanted to return Goku to that latter state.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 08 May 2022 - 03:42 PM.

#29876 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 27 September 2021 - 11:57 AM

It doesnt help that Super is set early in the morning now from what MasakoX has said why its not as Dark as Z.

Hell look at what they have done to Lord Zedd in the new power rangers.

I hate when they dumb things down like this.

to be fair to zedd he did have that collar on him so he really couldn't do anything

#29877 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 27 September 2021 - 12:31 PM

If he does that, that would bring BS into the entire series and the fandom would be in an uproar. I cannot wait for that :plots: ! Even though it does consider lazy writing but the writing went out the window when they first started this crap, remember?

I dont think hell do it I was just disappointed of his dead never-give-up attitude, and how he treats his child. I think its more likely Naruto will die, because the Boruto writers are struggling how to make Boruto the hero when his dad is the worlds strongest ninja. Or at least, should be. He should be mf peaking right now, but hes weak and dumb so Boruto can save the day. Its his series now! XD

Oh, but I think animefans will be disappointed soon. Im not sure if Kuramas death is well known, but Narutos new powerup made a popularity wave. People dont care about his son. And Naruto isnt that cool without the fox. I wonder if fans will be pissed when Kurama dies in the anime, and I wonder how weak Naruto will be since hes relied on Kurama for so long.

It would be a mercykill yes, even so they didnt talk about it like that. Naruto said hed do anything, even kill his 13 year old kid, to protect the village. The real Naruto would say Ill definitely save Boruto ttebayo!.

Edited by sushi., 27 September 2021 - 12:35 PM.

ナルサク

#29878 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 29 September 2021 - 07:28 AM

I half expect neither of them to die simply because Naruto has already been killed due to bad writing and more bad writing wouldn't phase me anymore.

Or maybe killing Naruto would be a mercy kill so he doesn't have to deal with his crap family anymore-
Burrito dying would be a mercy kill for the readers.

Plot twist Hinata and Mop (the female crotch goblin of Hinata's) die instead to save us all. Including Naruto.
(Yeah, don't we wish.)

Regardless, the series can't be saved anyways.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#29879 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 12 October 2021 - 03:54 PM

Here is someone's thoughts on Hinata: https://maoam.tumblr...-good-character

And incase they delete this; also be aware incase you think they are some sort "ally" they have more posts bashing Sakura then they do Hinata. This one was just a juicy post.

"WHY HINATA IS NOT A GOOD CHARACTER

INTRODUCTION

I wanted to take a deeper look at Hinata’s character, considering there are a lot of claims about her out there, that she’s strong, that she’s kind, that she’s complex and relatable, that she’s the perfect woman and that she’s at least better than Sakura. I don’t really think so, and I’ll explain why. I’ll be focusing on canon, so no fillers or novels will be included in this post. I’ll say this as a warning, if you’re a fan of her character this probably won’t be something you’ll like. This will be tagged with the anti tags and put under read more so please do not complain if tumblr somehow puts this in the normal tags, it is not intentional. Also Sakura stans please don’t write lengthy comments about Sakura under this, I’m not a fan of her either and I’ll write about her later. Make your own post instead.

”HINATA IS STRONG AND THE BEST KUNOICHI”

Hinata is generally really bad as a shinobi and I’m not sure where the claims that she is strong come from. Hinata’s entire character revolves around her being weak. This could have been fine if she actually developed, or if she found some other area for herself, yet she’s mediocre at best and a waste of panels at worst, because she never becomes good or strong at anything. She’s not only physically weak from start to finish, but she’s also the equivalent of a damsel in distress. Everytime Hinata attempts to do something, she ends up failing, getting beaten up and having to be saved. She lost to her sister who is five years younger than her, which is what marked her as a failure in her clan. She tried to fight Neji in the chunin exams and ended up coughing up blood and losing her consciousness, and Naruto had to beat Neji for her. After Kabuto heals her fully, she spends the rest of part 1 either sleeping or missing in action. Very underwhelming.

If this had been only the beginning, it would have maybe been fine, but it’s a reoccuring pattern with her character. She throws herself in front of Pain, managing to do nothing but get one-paneled and almost killed. Even at the start of the war she had to be saved by Naruto. She tried to run to Naruto and tripped over a rock. Actually, she’s so weak she got Neji killed, when he had to jump in front of her so she wouldn’t get impaled. Why is she even in the front lines when she can’t fight? Even in Naruto the Last movie she had to be saved multiple times. In Boruto the movie she is still useless and reckless, leaving her daughter’s side to help Naruto, ending up defeated and having to be healed by Sakura once again.

I can’t say she’s mentally strong either. She has the personality of someone who hates conflict and tries to avoid it as best as they can, to the point of agreeing with others on everything, as Neji pointed out. Even without him saying it out loud, most of Hinata’s moments that aren’t her thinking about Naruto are her doing exactly this. This is not the personality of someone who is strong mentally. It’s the personality of someone who is too weak to have their own mind, someone who will go with the flow and is easily led and convinced. It can be dangerous the more you think about it. Hinata is also the bystander who never stands up for Naruto despite liking and admiring him. If she’s a compassionate girl, why isn’t she showing this by reaching out to Naruto and befriending him? Why doesn’t she show he’s not alone? Why is she only drawing inspiration from him? I don’t normally watch fillers, but there was one filler scene unrelated to Hinata where this girl says if you only look at the loser and do nothing, you aren’t much better than the oppressors, which probably wasn’t meant to be a call out for Hinata, but ended up being so anyway. Another thing that’s annoying is how she is berating herself often, yet doing nothing, it comes off as self-pity. Even in the Last movie, she is talking about how she must be a bad sister for knitting a scarf when her sister is in danger. Then why are you doing it and not stopping? Of course everytime this happens Naruto must cheer her up because she just can’t stop moping around and doing something herself.

Aside from all this, from the very beginning Hinata’s honor needed to be defended by Naruto because she couldn’t stand up for herself. Of course, after Naruto’s words she did stood up for a moment, and that was good, but it should have been a wake up call which altered her course. Instead, she kept doing the same she always did. If we take the Last movie into consideration, she’s still not strong enough to do anything even about her crush on Naruto. She needs genjutsu and Sakura to do the work for her. So even when it comes to the only thing she cares about 90 % of the time, which is Naruto-kun, she can’t do anything about it. That’s really sad.

”HINATA IS KIND AND SELFLESS”

There’s one mistake I see people make often, and that’s assuming characters that are quiet and shy are automatically kind. I wouldn’t say Hinata is as kind as the fandom makes her out to be. She simply comes off that way because you don’t really see her have her own opinions or disagree with the other characters. Hinata’s shyness on the other hand is most of the time a fetishized quirk to appeal to certain subset of fans. Her shyness doesn’t stop her from taking exams or hanging around Shino and Kiba, or talking to characters other than Naruto. She also has enough attitude to rub Neji’s status as a house slave in his face during their match, but because she stutters Naruto-kun every five minutes she’s supposedly kind. Kindness is shown through actions, not through standing around and stuttering. For comparison, we see Ino befriend an unpopular kid like Sakura, and give her confidence. That’s an act of kindness. Did Hinata ever cared about helping the branch members in any way? No.

She’s supposedly “kind” but like I mentioned before she never shows this kindness by standing up for Naruto, or reaching out to him. She simply stares at him behind a tree and draws inspiration from his suffering. The only time she can actually stand up is to selfishly confess her love and die. She even said she felt like being selfish, and like I said she knew there was nothing she could do, she was told she’d only be in the way. She came there only to confess and commit suicide. This actually reminds me of another anime where this female character, after being unable to receive a male character’s love killed herself in front of him and said ”now you’ll never forget me”.

In the end, she cares about nothing but her own hormonal urges. Hinata tried to help Naruto cheat to pass an exam at the risk of disqualifying her whole team. This is the first individual action we see her character take. Did she consider Shino and Kiba during that moment? No, she didn’t even have an inner conflict on whether she should do this, whether it’s right towards her teammates. Even Naruto considers he might get Hinata, Sasuke and Sakura all in trouble if he accepts Hinata’s offer, which is why he doesn’t do it. Then when Hinata wonders if she can cheer for Naruto during his and Kiba’s match, she thinks Kiba might get mad. It’s more about how Kiba views her rather than whether she should cheer for Kiba because they are in the same team and should support each other. During the Pain attack, she left an injured shinobi, who couldn’t move, to go to Naruto, even when said shinobi told her she would only be in Naruto’s way. She didn’t try to save people, she simply wanted to confess and act in front of Naruto. This is about a threat to the entire village, which includes her comrades and her sister and she’s thinking only about her romantic feelings towards a guy she had maybe two conversations with and who barely remembers she exists. How is she better than Sakura? War arc really was the icing on the cake that Hinata’s character is only about Naruto. We should not forget the infamous ”Naruto-kun’s hand is so big… so manly…” is that really the right time to be thirsty? When Neji just died? Shikamaru mentions that he could help out Naruto as a right-hand man and then Hinata thinks “I-I want to be by Naruto-kun’s side too.” Then there’s of course the scene where she starts running to Naruto, leaving her post and teammates, even when Naruto is a mile away and already in the hands of medical ninjas, and even that ends up her pathetically tripping over a rock. Kiba has to remind her to use her byakugan because she is too busy gushing about Naruto. Eventually her only last line is “Naruto-kun”, when everyone is put into IT. It’s like a parody by this point. She doesn’t have any concern for her sister, her father, her teammates, Kurenai or her baby. It’s just “Naruto-kun” like it always is. Even in the Last movie, she is knitting a scarf for Naruto during the mission where they’re supposed to save her sister. Who brings a scarf on a mission? Why is she thinking about her romantic gift to Naruto so much she has to take it with her on a mission which focus is saving her sister? She even looks more devastated when Toneri tores the scarf apart than she ever does for Hanabi’s sake. It’s just silly and selfish.

”HINATA IS A COMPLEX CHARACTER”

Is she complex though? Her development goes from standing behind a tree looking at her crush she never talks to, to committing suicide for feelings that could never be reciprocated, to… waiting that a genjutsu and Sakura guilt trip Naruto enough for him to be with her? Like I already mentioned her character revolves entirely around Naruto, she has no hobbies or interests we know of aside from him. She has no motivations aside from being by Naruto’s side. She once had an interesting goal and backstory, but that was never fully explored, and it turned into her wanting Naruto’s attention and thinking about him. Her clan plot was irrelevant, she showed no interest in wanting to be a leader or even wanting to make things better for the branch members. It’s funny because immediately after the ending, no one cared about the Hyuuga branch and how the storyline was dropped and had no resolution. It was only when Hinata was being attacked for not showing to care did her fans start to over-analyze all the panels looking for the tiniest little clue that might hint at some changes.

It’s possible to be both shy, anxious and quiet and also to be strong, motivated and have interests and dreams. Hinata is never strong for herself, she’s only strong to be with Naruto, to die for Naruto, to motivate Naruto, to have Naruto look at her even for a moment. All the while Naruto doesn’t pay much attention to her unless she’s literally dying in front of him or she slapped him. Even when a big climax is happening, what’s on her mind is always her romantic feelings and her crush. I saw someone say if she were a male character, and she pulled this pointless sacrifice and theatrical confession in the final fight of an arc, she would’ve been universally mocked. Actually, I think even if it was Sakura who did this instead of Hinata the former would have been mocked, because their stans are unable to see the same flaws in their own fave as they see in the other girl. Naruto is a battle manga, characters are supposed to contribute to the defeat of the villain in some material way. The only reason people praise Hinata for what she did in the Pain arc is because they either pity her or because they’re men who think women killing themselves for a man is great because it boosts their ego.

I also notice many Hinata fans don’t notice the vanity in their own fandom. They call Hinata “princess”, ”heiress”, ”Konoha’s first lady” and draw fanart glorifying these concepts and how it makes Hinata good, because they like the superficial status, what they don’t care is the titles are unearned. I thought Hinata’s appeal was that she’s the underdog and a loser? Or maybe her real appeal is the idea of getting everything you want without doing much in order to get it?  Another claim is that Hinata is the perfect woman, which you might see from men. This is what I might dislike the most. Men judge Hinata’s worth and whether she’s a good character based on what kind of woman they want and think is the right kind of woman. Hinata has big breasts, she’s submissive, she has no other interests than the man she likes, and she’s the only girl in her class who didn’t go for the popular guy. Many men hate Sakura, Ino and Karin for being fangirls but praise Hinata for being a fangirl. Basically to them if a character is a fangirl of the wrong guy, she’s a stupid slut. If she fangirls their self insert, she’s wife material and the ideal woman. If Sakura has to be saved, she’s useless. If Hinata tries to kill herself for Naruto, she’s ”so kind”. Rin is a one-dimensional character, but Hinata saying Naruto-kun for the 50th time is depth. Hinata is also claimed to be better than the other girls because she had more kids and thus is more ”fertile”. It’s like feminism never happened and we are back to the 16th century. Why are we judging women’s worth on how many kids they have and how much they can please a man?

I could also talk about how Studio Pierrot turned Hinata into a hentai bait for otakus, which also plays a part in her popularity, but I don’t think it’s necessary, so I will just offer this picture which speaks for itself.

END NOTE

Hinata is simply just a sexist stereotype, a shadow of a real woman, with not much depth, and who is certainly not better than Sakura either. Both of them are fangirls whose characters revolve around men. It’s wild to me how there are women who genuinely act like one must be a misogynist if they reject Hinata’s superficial, one-dimensional and boy crazy character. Her character itself is misogynist for crying out loud. And honestly, what does it say when even the creator himself assumes that Hinata is someone’s favorite character because he must like big boobs?"

#29880 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 12 October 2021 - 04:47 PM

I wouldn't buy the poster of that a beer. I'd buy them a whole bar.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

6 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users