• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 Enkai

Enkai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:I like watching anime, reading manga, and watching TV shows.
    I also enjoy watching/playing football(soccer) and playing video games. I like coding and software development too, as well as having a interest in technology. Oh how can I forget drawing! Although I don't really do it as much now, used to love it as a kid.

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

I started watching anime like way back when I was younger, ones that most people probably watched Pokemon, DBZ, Yu-Gi-Oh etc... As I got older I watched Bleach, Naruto, Fairy Tail and most recently Shingeki no Kyojin. I've also seen some others like Ao No Exorcist, Deadman Wonderland, High School of the Dead.

Anyways I would say I enjoyed all of them and currently my favorite has to be Shingeki no Kyojin but I want to know what all of you guys/girls favorite animes are.  :smile:

10wnpqp.jpg

#2 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:19 PM

I'm currently reading Naruto (of course), Bleach, One Piece (just started reading :sweat:) To-Love-Ru Darkness and Hayate the Combat Butler (I Absolutely love this manga), other manga I've read and like are Kekkaishi, Ranma 1/2, To-Love-Ru and Chrono Crusade.

Anime I'm watching are, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Soul Eater and Sword Art Online on Toonami, and I've watched Gurren Lagann, Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Dragon Ball Z, Inuyasha, Ranma 1/2, Kekkaishi, Chrono Crusade and Black Cat, and I've also watched a few episodes of Toradora!.

EDIT: I forgot to mention Fullmetal Alchemist (both animes)

Edited by Jake, 13 September 2013 - 07:22 PM.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#3 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:19 PM

Shingeki no Kyojin.

Code Geass.

Fullmetal Alchemist.

Those are the most memorable ones.

ナルサク

#4 Enkai

Enkai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
    I also enjoy watching/playing football(soccer) and playing video games. I like coding and software development too, as well as having a interest in technology. Oh how can I forget drawing! Although I don't really do it as much now, used to love it as a kid.

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:38 PM

I'm currently reading Naruto (of course), Bleach, One Piece (just started reading :sweat:) To-Love-Ru Darkness and Hayate the Combat Butler (I Absolutely love this manga), other manga I've read and like are Kekkaishi, Ranma 1/2, To-Love-Ru and Chrono Crusade.

Anime I'm watching are, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Soul Eater and Sword Art Online on Toonami, and I've watched Gurren Lagann, Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Dragon Ball Z, Inuyasha, Ranma 1/2, Kekkaishi, Chrono Crusade and Black Cat, and I've also watched a few episodes of Toradora!.

EDIT: I forgot to mention Fullmetal Alchemist (both animes)

Nice, I've been told to check out Gurren Lagann so I need to watch that whenever I get time. For some reason I was never a fan of the Gundam series ><  Haven't seen Inuyasha either. Out of all the ones you're currently watching which would you recommend the most?

Shingeki no Kyojin.

Code Geass.

Fullmetal Alchemist.

Those are the most memorable ones.

I haven't seen Code Geass or Fullmetal Alchemist but I've heard good things about them so I need to check them out. The way you have placed the anime would you say that it is based on which is better/more memorable?

10wnpqp.jpg

#5 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

Nice, I've been told to check out Gurren Lagann so I need to watch that whenever I get time. For some reason I was never a fan of the Gundam series ><  Haven't seen Inuyasha either. Out of all the ones you're currently watching which would you recommend the most?

I haven't seen Code Geass or Fullmetal Alchemist but I've heard good things about them so I need to check them out. The way you have placed the anime would you say that it is based on which is better/more memorable?

Of the ones I'm currently watching I'm most excited about Sword Art Online and One Piece.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#6 coolcatjas

coolcatjas

Lvl.70 ブレイバー

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:Basic stuff like anime, manga, drawing, reading, movies, ect..

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:56 PM

I'd say Kimi ni todoke is my favorite.. the rest in no particular order: Nisekoi, LoveCom, Sketdance, Naruto, and if Korean manhwa counts Girl the Wild's and The Friendly Winter. The Friendly Winter is just so.. so.. T_T

swi1pKF.png
Image drawn by me :D

Tumblr Account Pony Account

#7 Enkai

Enkai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:50 PM

Of the ones I'm currently watching I'm most excited about Sword Art Online and One Piece.

Cool I'll be sure to check them out... I've heard about Sword Art Online but just its name really nothing about the plot or anything. Obviously One Piece is a must, hopefully I can get into it this time around  :sweat:

I'd say Kimi ni todoke is my favorite.. the rest in no particular order: Nisekoi, LoveCom, Sketdance, Naruto, and if Korean manhwa counts Girl the Wild's and The Friendly Winter. The Friendly Winter is just so.. so.. T_T

Hmmm I haven't heard of them besides Naruto, what type of anime are they? Also you're sig looks awesome! Would be epic if that happens in the manga although I'm still hoping for a sage mode even if not in this arc  :excited:

10wnpqp.jpg

#8 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:13 AM

Cool I'll be sure to check them out... I've heard about Sword Art Online but just its name really nothing about the plot or anything. Obviously One Piece is a must, hopefully I can get into it this time around  :sweat:

Hmmm I haven't heard of them besides Naruto, what type of anime are they? Also you're sig looks awesome! Would be epic if that happens in the manga although I'm still hoping for a sage mode even if not in this arc  :excited:

My only complaint with Sword Art Online is that it's short, only 25 Episodes but it's still a good series, I've already seen the whole series subbed and I'm watching it dubbed on Toonami now, but when I was watching the sub I marathoned 15 episodes in a day because I kept wanting to see what happened next.

And with One Piece, if you are going to watch the Dub, be sure you watch the Funimation Dub, while I haven't watched it subbed from what I've heard the Funimation Dub is on par with the original, and is about a thousand times better then the 4Kids Dub.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#9 deviouslyChaotic

deviouslyChaotic

Alex Turner turners me on

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Interests:sleep.

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:27 AM

My favorite animes are Death Note, Shingeki no Kyojin, Durarara(kinda weird, but reallyyyy enjoyable), and the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya(the movie, not the anime).

Sushi., I've been trying to get into Code Geass for awhile, but I just can't seem to. I'm on episode 11 and I've been watching the episodes months apart from each other(maybe that's my problem). Should I just start over and re-watch the whole thing in a more timely manner? Or should I just continue where I left off? It really seems like a good series and I don't want to end up giving up on it :(. Thanks in advance!

Oooh, I've heard good things about SAO! It's definitely on my plan to watch list :).

tumblr_n963zefXMR1rab3jho5_r1_500.gif

"Suck it and see."

#10 narusakuforlife1667

narusakuforlife1667

Kaneki Ken did nothing wrong!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Interests:-My bae Blake is my interest if you know what I mean
    -NaruSaku are my babies they deserve to be together and have many children together because they deserve it
    -EreMika *.*/
    -Madoka Magica will forever be my top 10 anime

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:46 AM

Fairy Tail and One piece :thumb:

http://glimmeringsky1890.tumblr.com

Also if you want visit my fanfiction account

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5372808

#11 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:44 AM

I started watching anime in the eighties, so I usually like older shows than younger members in this board (it does not help that I like checking classic, older-than-me anime, that I seldom like the style and trope-handling of newer shows and my favorite genre is probably mecha).

I started watching Dragon Ball in the early nineties (before nobody called it DBZ), and I have a very complicated love-hate relationship with it. Still I respect it because it is one of the shows I watched when I was a kid, I have all volumes and I don't plan on selling them.

My favorite series... Let me think... Ranma 1/2, Maison Ikkoku, Saint Seiya, the Mazinger series (Mazinger-Z, Great Mazinger, Grendizer), Daimos, Fist of North Star, Kimagure Orange Road, City hunter, Gatchaman/Battle of the Planets, Casshern, Gundam (the universal century trilogy: the original series, Z and ZZ), Captain Harlock, Space Battleship Yamato, Macross/Robotech, Captain Tsubasa, Touch, Rurouni Kenshin, Slayers, Guyver, Gaogaigar...

Special mention to: Dirty Pair, Bubblegum Crisis, Detective Conan, Patlabor, Battle Angel Alita /Gunnm, Combattler V, Voltes V, Zambot-3, Getter Robo, Slam Dunk, Tekkaman, Patlabor, Spear of Ryu, Galient, Giang Gorg, Urusei Yatsura, Xabungle, Record of the Lodoss War, Ronin Warriors, Heavenly Warrior Shurato, Red Photon Zillion...

Regarding newer shows, I like Naruto, but not so much like I used to; I liked Bleach, but I stopped reading shortly after the Ichigo vs Ulquiorra fight out of sheer boredom. I have not watched several current popular shonen cause a lack of time or interest (One Piece, Full Metal Alchemist, Fairy Tail...). I like Claymore, I want to watch Sword Art Online and a friend of mine recommended me Tiger and Bunny. Sometimes I am tempted on checking Attack on the Titan or Gurrenn Lagan...

And, well, I better stop now.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#12 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:53 PM

Well manga I'm currently reading, actually the only ones I've read are Soul Eater(Absolute favorite, I'm reading it through for the second time, seriously way better than the anime version). Pandora Hearts(Behind; I NEED to get caught up and probably reread everything, there's so much going on I'm sure I've forgotten stuff, it's really an excellent manga though and very multi-layered.) Naruto(I like it more pre-war arc, especially the Pein arc) and Kekkaishi(It's pretty good, though the plot sometimes takes awhile to get going, but I like the characters)

For anime, my favorite probably has to be Code Geass, for many reasons, but I also really like the classic Trigun, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note and Clannad, and Evangelion( both the original series and the movie remakes. Even though most people just seem to find in bizarre and disturbing). I also have a soft spot for DBZ, because it was the first anime I really got into. Hm, that's all I can really think of at the moment.

Edit: thought of another I forgot about, Casshern Sins; it requires a bit of patience, but it's worth it.

Edited by BakeNeko-Chan, 17 September 2013 - 05:05 PM.

#13 Enkai

Enkai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:02 AM

My only complaint with Sword Art Online is that it's short, only 25 Episodes but it's still a good series, I've already seen the whole series subbed and I'm watching it dubbed on Toonami now, but when I was watching the sub I marathoned 15 episodes in a day because I kept wanting to see what happened next.

And with One Piece, if you are going to watch the Dub, be sure you watch the Funimation Dub, while I haven't watched it subbed from what I've heard the Funimation Dub is on par with the original, and is about a thousand times better then the 4Kids Dub.

Yeah not sure about the dub, I'll most likely watch it in Japanese with Eng subs, I prefer it with subtitles besides a selected few like DBZ.

My favorite animes are Death Note, Shingeki no Kyojin, Durarara(kinda weird, but reallyyyy enjoyable), and the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya(the movie, not the anime).

Sushi., I've been trying to get into Code Geass for awhile, but I just can't seem to. I'm on episode 11 and I've been watching the episodes months apart from each other(maybe that's my problem). Should I just start over and re-watch the whole thing in a more timely manner? Or should I just continue where I left off? It really seems like a good series and I don't want to end up giving up on it :(. Thanks in advance!

Oooh, I've heard good things about SAO! It's definitely on my plan to watch list :).

Ah I forgot to mention Death Note!  Definitely one of the best I've seen  :smile:

I started watching anime in the eighties, so I usually like older shows than younger members in this board (it does not help that I like checking classic, older-than-me anime, that I seldom like the style and trope-handling of newer shows and my favorite genre is probably mecha).

I started watching Dragon Ball in the early nineties (before nobody called it DBZ), and I have a very complicated love-hate relationship with it. Still I respect it because it is one of the shows I watched when I was a kid, I have all volumes and I don't plan on selling them.

My favorite series... Let me think... Ranma 1/2, Maison Ikkoku, Saint Seiya, the Mazinger series (Mazinger-Z, Great Mazinger, Grendizer), Daimos, Fist of North Star, Kimagure Orange Road, City hunter, Gatchaman/Battle of the Planets, Casshern, Gundam (the universal century trilogy: the original series, Z and ZZ), Captain Harlock, Space Battleship Yamato, Macross/Robotech, Captain Tsubasa, Touch, Rurouni Kenshin, Slayers, Guyver, Gaogaigar...

Special mention to: Dirty Pair, Bubblegum Crisis, Detective Conan, Patlabor, Battle Angel Alita /Gunnm, Combattler V, Voltes V, Zambot-3, Getter Robo, Slam Dunk, Tekkaman, Patlabor, Spear of Ryu, Galient, Giang Gorg, Urusei Yatsura, Xabungle, Record of the Lodoss War, Ronin Warriors, Heavenly Warrior Shurato, Red Photon Zillion...

Regarding newer shows, I like Naruto, but not so much like I used to; I liked Bleach, but I stopped reading shortly after the Ichigo vs Ulquiorra fight out of sheer boredom. I have not watched several current popular shonen cause a lack of time or interest (One Piece, Full Metal Alchemist, Fairy Tail...). I like Claymore, I want to watch Sword Art Online and a friend of mine recommended me Tiger and Bunny. Sometimes I am tempted on checking Attack on the Titan or Gurrenn Lagan...

And, well, I better stop now.

Ohh you've seen lots of anime surprised you haven't seen One Piece since that is like considered one of the best. Attack on Titan is just awesome, I might watch Gurren Lagann soon since I've heard good things about it :D

Well manga I'm currently reading, actually the only ones I've read are Soul Eater(Absolute favorite, I'm reading it through for the second time, seriously way better than the anime version). Pandora Hearts(Behind; I NEED to get caught up and probably reread everything, there's so much going on I'm sure I've forgotten stuff, it's really an excellent manga though and very multi-layered.) Naruto(I like it more pre-war arc, especially the Pein arc) and Kekkaishi(It's pretty good, though the plot sometimes takes awhile to get going, but I like the characters)

For anime, my favorite probably has to be Code Geass, for many reasons, but I also really like the classic Trigun, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note and Clannad, and Evangelion( both the original series and the movie remakes. Even though most people just seem to find in bizarre and disturbing). I also have a soft spot for DBZ, because it was the first anime I really got into. Hm, that's all I can really think of at the moment.

So many anime that I need to watch! I've heard of Clannad but didn't really like the art style thought the eyes were way to big on the characters haha Code Geass on the other hand I need to check out since a lot of people have recommended it. :happy:

10wnpqp.jpg

#14 roninmedia

roninmedia

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:14 PM

I'm a little more off the beaten path with my favorites. For some reason, a lot of the popular shounen that focused on the fighting and action never appealed to me.

My favorite mangas would be Yokohama Kaidashi Kikō, Great Teacher Onizuka, Monster, Salad Days, and Ichigo 100%.

My favorite animes would be Clannad, Angel Beats, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Elfen Lied, and Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

As for manga series that are still ongoing that I really recommend: Yasashi Sekai no Tsukurikata, Otoyomegatari, Yotsubato!

At the same time, I've really gotten into light novels where some series are original adapted from especially since the anime typically ends before the end of the light novel series. The Sword Art Online light novels are on Volume 13 whereas the anime ended at the start of Volume 5. I'm somewhere on volume 7.

Currently on my Nook

Sword Art Online

Golden Time

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

The Melancholy of Suzimaya Haruhi

Infinite Stratos

Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai!

Edited by roninmedia, 15 September 2013 - 02:17 PM.

#15 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

Ohh you've seen lots of anime surprised you haven't seen One Piece since that is like considered one of the best. Attack on Titan is just awesome, I might watch Gurren Lagann soon since I've heard good things about it  :D

I have not checked One Piece for several reasons. One of them is a lack of time. Another reason is I'd rather checking classic series I have missed before checking newer stuff.

Trouble is, I have been burned out too many times cause the hype. I heard many people recommending Soul Eater. I gave it a try, but I was unable to go past the first manga chapter (I found it uninteresting and boring). Back in the late nineties I tried Evangelion cause the hype, I watched the whole series and sincerely I had the feeling of having wasted my time and money (I will never understand why it got so popular... although I have several -not too flattering- theories). It is because that I never checked Serial Experiments Lain, Utena, Brain Powerd, Gasaraki, Bokurano or Puella Magicka Madoka, since when someone recomends me something on grounds of being "right like Evangelion", my first reaction is wanting to have nothing to do with it...

Of course, if I was unable to beat that mindset I would have never read/watched stuff I really liked. Such like Rurouni Kenshin, Naruto or Bleach...

Modern animation style and techniques often turns me off, too. But I try to remind myself that, if I was to refuse watching a show on grounds of being unfamiliarized with or unaccostumed to its visuals, I would have missed out a lot great series (first time I watched Dirty Pair I was actually weirded out. It had been so long since I watched an eighties show that the visual style actually shocked me! However I decided ignoring it and keeping watching, and not only I enjoyed the series but also I realized the animation was not bad. Being old does not mean it was bad. It was just different, and in some aspects even better). And often it saddens me there is people doesn't give a chance to old shows only because the animation style is different. So I should not make the same mistake...

Okay. Rant over.

Regarding Gurrenn Lagann, If I am not mistaken, Hideaki Anno told Gurren Lagann was "Getter Robot in the setting of Xabungle"... that, given that I know of those series, it fits.

I am not against watching it, but I have many other series I would like watching before.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#16 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

Yeah not sure about the dub, I'll most likely watch it in Japanese with Eng subs, I prefer it with subtitles besides a selected few like DBZ.

Ah I forgot to mention Death Note!  Definitely one of the best I've seen  :smile:

Ohh you've seen lots of anime surprised you haven't seen One Piece since that is like considered one of the best. Attack on Titan is just awesome, I might watch Gurren Lagann soon since I've heard good things about it :D

So many anime that I need to watch! I've heard of Clannad but didn't really like the art style thought the eyes were way to big on the characters haha Code Geass on the other hand I need to check out since a lot of people have recommended it. :happy:

The art style for Clannad was actually what made me originally reluctant to watch it too, but it's very good if you give it a chance. I laughed and cried watching it and sometimes laughed while I cried. And Code Geass is amazing, Lelouch is such an intriguing and multi-dimensional character, if a bit controversial.

#17 Enkai

Enkai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:54 PM

The art style for Clannad was actually what made me originally reluctant to watch it too, but it's very good if you give it a chance. I laughed and cried watching it and sometimes laughed while I cried. And Code Geass is amazing, Lelouch is such an intriguing and multi-dimensional character, if a bit controversial.

Hmm if that's the case, I'll most likely check it out. Just started watching Sword Art Online, originally tried to watch Gintama but couldn't get into it well the first ep anyway. 

10wnpqp.jpg

#18 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:47 AM

Why has no one mentioned Steins;Gate yet?? Its like one of the best animes ever. My favourite animes:

Steins;Gate - Funny with a mind-blowing story. Time-travelling done right.

Code Geass - Very Death Note-like with the way the main character schemes.

K-On! -  Absolutely hilarious and adorable and I used to play in a band so I could relate with the characters.

Clannad - Lots of funny moments and sad moments. Ones that will make tears flow non-stop. MAN TEARS.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica - Interesting twist to the magical girl genre. Definitely not your standard happy type of magical girl.

School Days - Nah I'm just kidding.

Toradora - Lovable characters and a must watch for tsundere lovers.

As for manga there's only one. NG life. The most underated romcom manga I wished more people knew about it so it could get animated. It is definitely much better than all those romance mangas that got animated.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#19 coolcatjas

coolcatjas

Lvl.70 ブレイバー

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:Basic stuff like anime, manga, drawing, reading, movies, ect..

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:11 AM

Thanks, I really hope Sakura releases byakugou T_T

Well Kimi ni Todoke is a refreshing romance manga. It's about a creepy looking girl called Sawako but who is really a sweet heart and wants to fit in. Everyone is scared of her, thinking she can summon ghosts, ect. The most popular guy in school starts to talk to her and the adventure starts :) Defiantly my favorite manga/anime, you can help but root for Sawako.

Nisekoi is romantic comedy-ish/harem. About a boy (Raku) who's second in command to the Japanese yakuza and a girl (Chitoge) who is second in command to the mafia. The yakuza and mafia hate each other's guts and every time they fight each other, they make a huge mess of things. So in order to make peace, the first in command of both the yakuza and mafia make Raku and Chitoge start dating. But they hate each other too and Raku already has someone he likes. They start dating anyway because they are afraid of what would happen if the yakuza and mafia keep fighting. There's more to the story but its better if you look into it. 

LoveCom or Lovely complex is a romantic comedy about a really tall girl (Risa) and a really short boy (Atsushi), both with height complexes. At first they hate each other and make fun of each other but later on become good friends and help each other out. It's a really nice anime :)

Sketdance is a comedy but there are some deep moments in it. 3 characters, Bossun, Himeko and Swtich are in a club that helps people. Lots of slap stick in this anime. Made me literally lol a few times.

Girls the Wild's is about girls who kick ass at a fighting school and a boy who is taking care of his siblings and keeps getting bullied. He wants to be strong to defend himself and others, so 3 awesome girls teach him how to fight. It's refreshing to see strong women in manga.

The Friendly Winter is about a girl who doesn't age physically and a boy who doesn't age mentally. It gets really sad and emotional at some moments. Don't want to spoil anything about it T_T

Edited by coolcatjas, 16 September 2013 - 03:13 AM.

swi1pKF.png
Image drawn by me :D

Tumblr Account Pony Account

#20 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:41 AM

- Fullmetal Alchemist (both of the anime)

- Pandora Hearts (manga)

- Deadman Wonderland (manga)

- Cowboy Bebop

- Attack on Titan

- Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

Not in any ranked order at the moment; those are the ones that come to mind most.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 16 September 2013 - 06:41 AM.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users