#181 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:50 PM

You're right about that James, it was Sai that got the ball rolling with Naruto and Sakura's feelings, and forced them to confront it somewhat albeit some lies, and deception, but after hearing what Sai had to say, if anything Naruto's feelings for Sakura are as strong as ever, and probably one of the reasons we haven't gotten a confession or a confrontation again is the fact that it's war time, and there's really no room for confessions, unless of course it was before the main fight which I hope we get. wink.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#182 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Feb 10 2012, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're right about that James, it was Sai that got the ball rolling with Naruto and Sakura's feelings, and forced them to confront it somewhat albeit some lies, and deception, but after hearing what Sai had to say, if anything Naruto's feelings for Sakura are as strong as ever, and probably one of the reasons we haven't gotten a confession or a confrontation again is the fact that it's war time, and there's really no room for confessions, unless of course it was before the main fight which I hope we get. wink.gif

episode 235, sure it was filler, but when the chick asked Naruto to tell the Sakura that he loved her when he got back to the village, he said "I can't do that right now". Focus on the "right now" part. If not now, then he must be referring to the war, and that means, after the war, its time for Naruto to tell Sakura how he feels. +1 NS? heheelq7.png

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#183 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:07 AM

@Sakura Lover
I think is more accurate to say, he can't do it before compliting his pronise to her.... He say that in Manga canon.

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Feb 10 2012, 03:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Look,. I respect your opinion and everything, but nothing is canon yet. Let's not forget that Naruto has shown no interest in Hinata and any scene is anything, but romantic in nature. It's always one-sided. I challenge anyone to show me one NaruHina scene, and everyone here can show you 5 more scene showing NaruSaku using the same logic.

I also notice you retracted your statement from before and said it wasn't about the confession, but was about the fact that Naruto showed her she was stronger than she really was. Now, you flipped your whole statement around. So which is it?

I am 100% sure that NaruHina is NOT canon. I am 1000% sure.

Also, Naruto didn't really look into Hinata's eyes in 559, nor mentioned anything about the confessions. In fact, I remember him having his back towards her, while Naruto looked into Sakura's eyes straight forward. So what does that mean? You think for someone who just got told someone loved him he would have a response after....what 100 chapters? Hell, if he can tell Hinata she is strong in the middle of a battlezone and Hinata can confess her love for him in the middle of the Pein fight. I am pretty sure, Naruto would have given her an answer by now. So what do we take that as?

I am starting to not take the "they're in the middle of war" excuse about Naruto not telling Hinata his "feelings for her" because if Hinata can do it, He would have too. Which leads me to believe that in 559, he basically told her that she doesn't need to look to him for strength as she is already strong on her own. (He specially mentions the part about her helping him with Pein, but no mention of feelings or love for her. I am inclined to believe that THAT was Naruto's way of saying he only likes her as a friend.)

Again, something he basically said to everyone at one point or another. So obviously, he has noticed her, but he shows no romantic feelings for her. Just his usual talk-no-jutsu that he does with any character.

There is facts and there is speculations, there is theories and then there is fabrications. This is a fabrication. You say you care about Hinata and her feelings, but what about Naruto's feelings? What if he doesn't love her or sees her as a platonic love? I see it as being Platonic. "It's official, NaruHina is strictly platonic. Hinata totally sees Naruto as a brother and she wants to protect him like he was protecting her. 100% sure it will work" See I can make statements too. Doesn't mean they are right.

Meanwhile, Sakura and Naruto have moments of every kind: Romantic, anger, confession, admiration, depression, jealousy, and especially supportive. Hinata really knows nothing of Naruto, but Sakura knows everything. She knows how he thinks, breathes, and how he feels. She knows just what he needs and she knows she can be the one to give it to him. Whether it be support or something more. She wants to do the best for him and take his pain away. I don't hear Hinata jumping on that one. Hinata just doesn't see the Naruto Sakura does and this is what faults her. Being a teammate was a big help on Sakura's part.

This is the biggest factor is any romance story: Interaction. NaruSaku has tons of it. Most of the manga has them two together experiencing everything together and they know more about each other than anyone knows about them. Though I think Naruto is a bit stupid when it comes to girls, but he is a guy. All us guys are like that. That is the one big thing NaruSaku has. It is not one or two moments of love. It's a whole manga of experience that keeps on going. It doesn't need to be romantic, it can be as simple as them getting along while walking down a road or Naruto telling a joke every now and then. It doesn't all have to be romantic to be a "moment."

That's what I love most about NaruSaku. Simply seeing them interact makes me think "They are so good together. They have so much chemistry." I just don't see that with NaruHina. I'm sorry, it's just not there. It feels almost awkward. And it's nothing about Hinata that is really bad, just they don't know how to interact as smoothly. Every time when she has a chance to talk to him Hinata always wants to talk about love or her feelings. What about casual moments? What about moments that don't involve love or holding hands? Sometimes the most romantic scenes are ones in which there is no romance and that is how you make it believable.

That's all I really have to say about it.

I love that post james I hope you don't ming that I borrowed it with out asking you.....

Edited by donjoseph19, 11 February 2012 - 12:11 AM.

#184 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Feb 9 2012, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sooooooo.....anyone wondering why sakura switched from a skirt to pants??

i thought she was just wearing the skirt in the medic tents but i guess she stuck with them?

No time to look sexy!! cool.gif Which she totally nailed by the way!! tongue.gif Kinda hard to fight in a skirt especially if it has no split end for movement ( and showing of legs). Need to be practical sometimes smile.gif

QUOTE (Fickly @ Feb 9 2012, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hinata's extra bit of confidence is the result of Naruto telling her that she's strong in 559 (what Naruto said then meant a lot to her as her "thank you" expressed) and whatever message transpired through the two of them looking at each other's eyes. I'm not of the opinion that Hinata's "confidence" in this chapter is due to the two of them talking about the confession. I consider it a result of chapter 559. I was 90% sure would be canon after chapter 98 but after this one it became 100%. Whatever you guys say smile.gif.

''Goes back to celebrate''

Naruhina fan, huh? Well Then I will say to you what I expect my self. Nothing is confirmed yet, so no celebration till they lip lock. yes.gif

QUOTE (Fickly @ Feb 10 2012, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you denying Naruto's words? Naruto' himself said; he knew what Hinata thought just by looking in her eyes. Not surprised you're ignoring it considering NS fans loves doing that '' ignoring''.

If Kishi was to have Naruto answer "you're a great friend but I like someone else", he certainly wouldn't go about it the way he did in this chapter as that would be setting her up for a massive dissapointment. There was ample time for Naruto to gently turn her down, but instead, we see that she is more determined and confident than she ever was. Naruto is not a jerk, if the answer was a simple "thanks but I'm not interested", he would have told Hinata long ago instead of letting her keep her hopes up. He knows what a unrequited love feels like.

So much emphasis has been put on Sakura's feelings for Sasuke lately, and so little nothing on Naruto's feelings for Sakura, that I believe you are mistaken in your analysis. For NS to happen, a LOT of development would be needed to repair the damage caused to it in the kage meeting arc.

Seriously, Sakura has acknowledged the hero and good man Naruto has become, so Kishi burned one of his major tool for turning Sakura around with that.

He also ruined the "Sakura finding out Naruto loves her" by having a 3rd party confess for him.

He also ruined MANY old NS moments with the Kage meeting arc. You can't say anymore that Yamato implied romantic love with his comment, not after his reaction to Sakura's confession. You also can't say "Sakura has been slowly falling in love with Naruto" <insert feeding/blushing/etc scene here> because Sakura herself revealed that she never looked at Naruto in a romantic way.

So all the "romantic development" between NS actually never happen, it was wishful thinking.

On the other hand, Kishi has revealed NOTHING of Naruto's romantic feelings ever since Hinata confessed. The door is still open there, while he would have to pretty much start over with Sakura -> Naruto.

All that Sai's flashback did was remind us that when Hinata confessed, Naruto still had feelings for someone else (since the flashback took place BEFORE Hinata confessed). But don't you find it awfully convenient that Kishi has not touched Naruto's feelings for either of them since? We've had plenty of Hinata -> Naruto and Sakura -> Sasuke moments. But no Naruto -> Sakura one. If Naruto is still sooooo in love with Sakura, why isn't it showing? Up to Hinata's confession we always had sporadic reminders of Naruto's feelings for Sakura. But not since then...

It's Kishi himself that is emphasing Hinata and Sakura's romantic feelings while neglecting Naruto, the fans are just taking what he is giving them.

If Naruto's feelings for Sakura are still as strong as ever, why isn't it showing while we had plenty of demonstrations from Sakura and Hinata?

Hinata has always been extremely insightful when it comes to Naruto. She wouldn't be this confident without reasons. She obviously took his "don't be so hard on yourself, you're strong" comment as an insentive to keep going, and I think she was right to.

Oh and...goes back to celebrating. Will be back here if someone answer me.

111189.gif Okay, Okay, *catches breath. Sorry but you just self destructed yourself own pairing right their. First off If looking in someones eyes was all it took to fall in love Naruto would be making Sakura PREGNANT by now. they look at each other in the eyes all the time. It's called eye contact. Second You just said the magic word that blows up NH like a skyrocket. DEVELOPMENT. Do you see and development with Naruto and Hinata. And I don't mean anything ambiguous, actual romantic moments. Do you see her hugging him, feeding him or encouraging him to work hard in her free time? And do you see Naruto flirting with her, saying"Hi Hinata, want to grab a bite sometime? Like a date?, She didn't even hug him after the fight with Nagato when she had every reason to She was worried to death JUST like Sakura, yet it was Sakura who grabbed him like she wouldn't see him again. AND no it was not a sibling moment. unlike western societies , East Asian cultures don't emphasize showing intimacy or affection on a regular basis. If Your argument was SIBLING moment, why doesn't Neji hug Hinata every 5 minutes? They're cousins, and are actually getting along much better. Plus NH would be wishful thinking too wouldn't it? Naruto hasn't moved on from Sakura yet has he? Plus Naruto was blushing at first when she confessed. Only when she said Sasuke didn't matter anymore to her did he start showing some serious look. If He was rejecting her why blush in the first place? and she DID blush when she saw him, during their reunion at the beginning of part II Plus she has matured, and is more comfortable being her self around him which shows incredible closeness. Does Hinata act like herself around him?So If you say Hinata is better for Naruto because Sakura Was too violent with him Why hasn't he gone to Hinata saying "OH Sakura is too violent to be a good girlfriend!! Hinata I like you more!! You're gentle and caring, plus You agree with ME!!!" Okay, now for the Sasuke part. He was her first crush, she idolized him, and regretted not being able to stop him, so why shouldn't she think about him? That's not admitting she still has a thing for him just stating facts. If she still had feelings for him why didn't she imagine him an a more romantic and lovey dovey manner? Further more WHY didn't she join him if he meant so much to her regardless of what he's become? She chose to stay with Naruto, and only showed concern for Naruto when he and Sasuke attacked each other. Did she scream out Sasuke's name? And who's complaining that a third Party confessed for Sakura. Would it have been a problem if Kiba or Shino confessed for Hinata? You would be all GIDDY and eagerly waiting for his response, no? Finally If fans are only taking what Kishi is giving them, you are no exception. Naruto still isn't showing Romantic interest in Hinata, And Sakura hasn't verbally or physically confirmed if she was or is still in love with Sasuke. Oh and for that Hinata is insightful on Naruto comment, I 'd like to point out to you Sakura is JUST as insightful about him if not more. She understands his pain, and knows what drives him so hard She share those feelings with him, and knows when he's happy, sad, upset, etc. My two cents to you. Good day. :wave:Although this sould be on the debate thread. My apologies Kages. happy.gif

QUOTE (Sakura Lover @ Feb 10 2012, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know your talking about the admins on here, but saying "Kages" made me remember something that we haven't seen lately... the kages. Where are they? Has Madara killed them yet? arg.gif

Oh they'll show that fight later. It's a VERY important one so he's saving it for a more climax like feeling.

Edited by Phantom_999, 15 February 2012 - 01:17 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#185 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Feb 11 2012, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No time to look sexy!! cool.gif Which she totally nailed by the way!! tongue.gif Kinda hard to fight in a skirt especially if it has no split end for movement ( and showing of legs). Need to be practical sometimes smile.gif

Naruhina fan, huh? Well Then I will say to you what I expect my self. Nothing is confirmed yet, so no celebration till they lip lock. yes.gif

111189.gif Okay, Okay, *catches breath. Sorry but you just self destructed yourself own pairing right their. First off If looking in someones eyes was all it took to fall in love

Naruto would be making Sakura PREGNANT by now. they look at each other in the eyes all the time. It's called eye contact Second You just said the magic word that

blows up NH alike a skyrocket. DEVELOPMENT. Do you see and development with Naruto and Hinata. And I don't mean anything ambiguous, actual romantic moments. Do

you see her hugging him, feeding him or encouraging him to work hard in her free time? And do you see Naruto flirting with her, saying"Hi Hinata, want to grab a bite

sometime? Like a date?, She didn't even hug him after the fight with Nagato when she had every reason to She was worried to death JUST like Sakura, yet it was Sakura

who grabbed him like she wouldn't see him again. AND no it was not a sibling moment. unlike western societies , East Asian cultures don't emphasize showing intimacy or

affection on a regular basis. If Your argument was SIBLING moment, why doesn't Neji hug Hinata every 5 minutes? They're cousins, and are actually getting along much

better. Plus NH would be wishful thinking too wouldn't it? Naruto hasn't moved on from Sakura yet has he? Plus Naruto was blushing at first when she confessed. Only

when she said Sasuke didn't matter anymore to her did he start showing some serious look. If He was rejecting her why blush in the first place? and she DID blush when

she saw him, during their reunion at the beginning of part II Plus she has matured, and is more comfortable being her self around him which shows incredible closeness.

Does Hinata act like herself around him?So If you say Hinata is better for Naruto because Sakura Was too violent with him Why hasn't he gone to Hinata saying "OH

Sakura is too violent to be a good girlfriend!! Hinata I like you more!! You're gentle and caring, plus You agree with ME!!!" Okay, now for the Sasuke part. He was her first

crush, she idolized him, and regretted not being able to stop him, so why shouldn't she think about him? That's not admitting she still has a thing for him just stating facts.

If she still had feelings for him why didn't she imagine him an a more romantic and lovey dovey manner? Further more WHY didn't she join him if he meant so much to

her regardless of what he's become? She chose to stay with Naruto, and only showed concern for Naruto when he and Sasuke attacked each other. Did she scream out

Sasuke's name? And who's complaining that a third Party confessed for Sakura. Would it have been a problem if Kiba or Shino confessed for Hinata? You would be all

GIDDY and eagerly waiting for his response, no? Finally If fans are only taking what Kishi is giving them, you are no exception. Naruto still isn't showing Romantic interest

in Hinata, And Sakura hasn't verbally or physically confirmed if she was still in love with Sasuke. My two cents to you. Good day. wave.gif

Although this sould be on the debate thread. My apologies Kages. happy.gif

I know your talking about the admins on here, but saying "Kages" made me remember something that we haven't seen lately... the kages. Where are they? Has Madara killed them yet? arg.gif

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#186 JG111580

JG111580

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:52 AM

To be honest, the action had been rolling along so well lately that I hadn't thought about pairings much. That might be why Kishimoto took this break in the action to bring it back up and re-stimulate the pairing fandoms. I have always felt that nothing will be resolved in this aspect until the very end of the manga anyway to keep all fans engaged. There is too much foreshadowing with Jiraya and Tsunade, Minato and Kushina, and Sakura's charater development for the end to be anything other than Narusaku at this point. My thought is that after the battle is over and Sauske has been redeemed somehow, that Sauske and Hinata will be used as to solidify NaruSaku. Sauske says "that wasn't me on the bench. Naruto's the one you've really loved the entire time." Hinata sees pain in Naruto's face as he watches Sauske and Sakura converse. She must know that he has always had feelings for Sakura, as she has watched him more closely than anyone. When Sakura finally goes to Naruto, Hinata steps back exhibits growth and lets Naruto go knowing that he will be happy.

More than the relationship aspects of this chapter, I thought that there were a couple of things that have been overlooked for the most part. Madara might not know what Naruto actually "is" and refuses to let it deter him that something odd is happening. This would be the first time that he's not ahead of the game if Naruto succeeds in becoming the successor of the Sage of the 6 paths.

I'm very interested to see the timeline of what happens next. I always thought that Naruto would fight Sauske first, then take down Madara. With the way things are proceeding, Sauske may be the final battle afterall. If that's the case, then when does Naruto finally fulfill his destiny and become one with all the tailed beasts?

While all parties rushing to Naruto's aide are strong, how will they stand up in a monster battle with Sauske and Madara involved? I think the revelation as to why Naruto is the only one that can confront Sauske is coming. Will Naruto lose someone close? Will hatred try to overcome him?

I also wouldn't be suprised if we shift gears soon and go to the Kage battle. I think that ultimately Itachi will break Kabuto's jutsu before the original Madara wins the battle.

Can't wait to see what happens next. happy.gif

#187 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:04 AM

QUOTE (donjoseph19 @ Feb 10 2012, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love that post james I hope you don't ming that I borrowed it with out asking you.....

Not a problem.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#188 Yoshimoya

Yoshimoya

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:animeee :D manga :D tennis :D life :D

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:53 AM

QUOTE (Namaenash @ Feb 8 2012, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Comrades,

Great chapter, but we do need to give Kishi a chance -- he's trying to balance the fan service across all of Naruto's audience segments and pairing ships.

Both girls' declaration are portrayed the same in the panels, although Sakura is shown in the last panel, while Hinata is shown in the beginning:
1. Close up on the face.
2. Mental image about Naruto.
3. Final declaration.

Let's try to compare their statements and make our own interpretation:

Hinata's inner thoughts:
Naruto-kun...
I've always been chasing after you...
Even...now.
...But... once this war ends, I'm going to stop once and for all.
Next time, I'll be next to you, holding your hand...
Walking with you!
Wait for me!!

Sakura's inner thoughts:
Naruto... you saved Konoha...
And now you're trying to save the entire shinobi world...
You always get left with these insurmountable tasks
...But no matter what you say this time... We're going to be together...
Not just me...
We're going to all fight together this time.

Which one do you think focus more on Naruto's well-being? Which one do you think *truly* understand Naruto's state at the moment? Which one do you think is not self-centered?

I agree that Hinata's statement is not to be underestimated in Naruto world, but to be fair, we should not also underplay Sakura's statement as well. We've had something like this before -- Hinata saying 'I love you' point blank in front of Naruto during Pein's attack. But surprisingly, such momentum ends with Sakura hugging Naruto (also point blank, Naruto, Sakura and Hinata was there...). As everyone stated above, I think to be fair, a moment should be considered as pairing moment, be it NS/SS/NH, if and only if both parties are involved. ---- Do you think the hug is a NS moment? Hell yeah! tongue.gif

Although Sakura's statement is not fully decorated with romantic tones as Hinata's, if you see the intend towards Naruto's well-being, I'd say Sakura's has so much more weight. Let's face it, from the beginning of the manga, Sakura's action speaks louder than her thoughts/words (she jumped to cover Naruto on their first mission, POAL, cried when she learned about jinchuuriki, ran towards Naruto in KN4, called Naruto to come back during Pein's attack, etc). She's just.. well.. 'unsure' where her heart belongs to, I guess smile.gif

So, to wrap up. I think we should not be too worked out with this chapter, or any other chapters that seem to highlight other pairings. NaruSaku hints are always subtle... Just enjoy the ride and keep on supporting this pairing smile.gif

Phenomenal post. *claps*

You really proved a point to me there. Hinata's was pretty much more self-centered and more for her own improvement as a character. As Sakura's was years of friendship and bonding, showing how she totally understands Naruto and deeply cares for his well-being.

Hinata's is more romantically decorated with the "holding hands next to eachother" IDK WHAT TO MAKE OF THAT ITS HARD.
Sakura's isn't as romantically decorated, but still has the concept of being "together" . Someone explain to me the "not just me" ?!?!?! didnt get that .

However, it's pretty much more suspense and dramatic build up here. Though there really isn't any indication of a Hinata and Sakura RIVALRY. There was a very very subtle and small indication to such a thing in the manga.

Remember the chapter where Sakura was healing Hinata after she threw herself in front of Naruto to get stabbed? She said "Hinata... loves... Naruto"

http://www.mangafox....v47/c442/1.html

This train of thought ONLY LASTS ONE PAGE. I repeat ONE page. Kishi is the subtle master hahahaha.

But back to the topic, this shows how there's going to be real dramatic situations ahead of us in the future. Whether it's Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke, Hinata. This is going to be one hell of a ride. I'm not going to lie, when I saw Hinata's dialogue in 573 I kind of got sad and started losing hope, but then this happened countless times. All I do is think about to the time when Kishi puts these little clues in and shows that you REALLY CAN'T say what will happen. I don't think it's right for us NS fans to declare that NH isn't a possibility at all though. That's straight up denial. Once again, the real solid NS MOMENT belongs to that hug though. Nothing can change that. They've had the most mutual and shared interaction throughout the story and even if Kishimoto decides with NH, SS, or even OPEN-pairing and no real conclusion... in the end Naruto and Sakura won in my heart. Who can deny that love right there? "Naruto... you saved Konoha...
And now you're trying to save the entire shinobi world...
You always get left with these insurmountable tasks
...But no matter what you say this time... We're going to be together...
Not just me...
We're going to all fight together this time.
"
UNF^ just add a little bit of spice to this sweetness. NARUSAKU BAM WE'RE GOOD!

ahahaha pft. besides Hinata has been way too much of a side character this whole time I picked up Naruto at the age of like 10. Why are we tripping now guys? Don't come to conclusion so quick. I know we all love and feel passionate for NaruSaku, but remember WHY and how. PLUS NARUSAKU FANS HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO FEEL FRUSTRATED. Look at how Kishi has been playing around with us in the couple area of this series!!! Look at it! Let the people be frustrated and vent out some pent up anger. I was one of those who almost abandoned ship, but in the end you remember your purpose for loving NaruSaku and that's because you believe in:

A shared and mutual love, one that's dedicated to one another.

Naruto and Sakura is full of win. Thank you based god.

^Adam Couple. KPOP couple <3 google them! They're like an anime couple I swear to God. Watch their show. PM me for link :]

#189 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:42 PM

I'm kind of amused that none of our naruino shippers have piped up with how Ino's thoughts about Naruto gives some support to their ship, every bit as much as Hinata's thoughts do naruhina, actually I found it stronger than Hinata's, because like Sakura's it's about Naruto as a person, instead of Hinata's still hero worshiping illusion of Naruto. Sakura's was the strongest because it showed how intimately she knows Naruto- Kishimoto deliberately makes Sakura's words echo Kushina's to Minato.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#190 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:57 PM

Somone did do that with NaruIno in the debate thread.

Besides, we NaruIno fans know it's more of a guilty pleasure and are realistic about the odds of it occuring.

#191 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:01 PM

Of course we know that. SasuHina for me too. tongue.gif But otherwise other wise it would be hypocritical of us to take it seriously and yet debate against NH.

Edited by Phantom_999, 11 February 2012 - 03:02 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#192 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Feb 11 2012, 07:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm kind of amused that none of our naruino shippers have piped up with how Ino's thoughts about Naruto gives some support to their ship, every bit as much as Hinata's thoughts do naruhina, actually I found it stronger than Hinata's, because like Sakura's it's about Naruto as a person, instead of Hinata's still hero worshiping illusion of Naruto.

LOL, perhaps Kishi will troll us with an Ino confession too. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Nate River @ Feb 11 2012, 08:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Somone did do that with NaruIno in the debate thread.

Besides, we NaruIno fans know it's more of a guilty pleasure and are realistic about the odds of it occuring.

Nate is a NaruIno fan? omfg.gif

While I don't hate Hinata for her feelings for Naruto or even her idealization of him and "their" situation (I want a NaruSaku ending but I wouldn't be surprised if Kishi stuck Naruto with Hinata) I am actually surprised that Hinata is confident that Naruto will reciprocate her feelings in letting her hold his hand.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#193 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Feb 11 2012, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL, perhaps Kishi will troll us with an Ino confession too. tongue.gif

Nate is a NaruIno fan? omfg.gif

While I don't hate Hinata for her feelings for Naruto or even her idealization of him and "their" situation (I want a NaruSaku ending but I wouldn't be surprised if Kishi stuck Naruto with Hinata) I am actually surprised that Hinata is confident that Naruto will reciprocate her feelings in letting her hold his hand.

Big time.

Second favorite pairing.

#194 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Feb 11 2012, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Big time.

Second favorite pairing.

Nate......you are now number 1 in my book.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#195 al0eaz

al0eaz

Blind Fingers Lee

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

How much do you guys wanna bet we all get trolled and Naruto ends up with a random character that had nothing to do with the story at all? As pissed off as I'd be, I would probably laugh for a few minutes.

trainercard_zpsafda1a60.png

#196 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (al0eaz @ Feb 11 2012, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How much do you guys wanna bet we all get trolled and Naruto ends up with a random character that had nothing to do with the story at all? As pissed off as I'd be, I would probably laugh for a few minutes.

... laugh.gif An...interesting possibility.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#197 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Feb 11 2012, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... laugh.gif An...interesting possibility.

I don't know if I would be pissed or utterly confused. headscratch.gif
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#198 al0eaz

al0eaz

Blind Fingers Lee

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:01 PM

After re-reading the chapter I kind of get the impression Sasuke is going to merc a main character or two... No doubt a bunch of random characters are going to be killed, but I can see a main character or two get snuffed. I'm sure it would help build some tension in the on-coming fight.

Also, for the anime, I'd like to point out where (In the start of every episode, with the song and all; I cant remember what its called -__- ) Naruto gets all up in Sakura's face and she leans back unsure of what to do. I've noticed a trend where those cut scenes(?) show whats going to happen later on in the anime, maybe we'll get a Narusaku moment?

#199 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Feb 11 2012, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am actually surprised that Hinata is confident that Naruto will reciprocate her feelings in letting her hold his hand.

IMO, it's really not much different than Sakura thinking, "No matter what you say this time..." Both girls' thoughts, if you consider them from a certain angle, would seem to be dismissive of any potential protest from Naruto. I think Kishimoto's point with the Rookie panels was simply to demonstrate the feelings Naruto has instilled in all his peers, and how determined they are to act on those feelings -- not suggest predictive outcomes. He seemed to be restating where everyone is at emotionally as they head into what is likely to be the worst part of the battle.

Again, the difference Kishi highlighted between the girls in 573 is the focus of their thoughts. Hinata is focused on her own feelings and goals, Sakura is focused on Naruto's. Which is likely to be more useful to Naruto at this stage? A notoriously weak girl's romantic love he hasn't actually asked for yet, or the solid support of a strong girl who understands what he's trying to do and how much it means to him?

The thing is, Naruto doesn't need either girl's love to be who he is and do what needs to be done. Kishimoto made a point of showing us that what filled Naruto's heart, and gave him the strength to accept Dark Naruto and get control the Kyubi, was the love and sacrifice of his parents. He's not in this fight thinking about either girl's feelings for him. He will deal with that later -- once he has brought Sasuke to his senses. Or justice, depending.

It's been super clear from the beginning that Naruto will not make a straight up, bold play for Sakura until he's settled everything with Sasuke. And I'll say this right now: when that time comes, if Sakura doesn't choose Naruto then she will prove herself the stupidest girl in the long, sad history of stupid girls.

QUOTE (al0eaz @ Feb 11 2012, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After re-reading the chapter I kind of get the impression Sasuke is going to merc a main character or two... No doubt a bunch of random characters are going to be killed, but I can see a main character or two get snuffed. I'm sure it would help build some tension in the on-coming fight.

I think it's possible too. I mean, considering Sasuke's stated intentions and the allusion to "carnage" we can expect from him on the battlefield, is it realistic to think Kishimoto will not kill off at least one more character? I know a lot of people don't think any of the rookies will die, but what makes people so certain?

#200 al0eaz

al0eaz

Blind Fingers Lee

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (KnS @ Feb 11 2012, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it's possible too. I mean, considering Sasuke's stated intentions and the allusion to "carnage" we can expect from him on the battlefield, is it realistic to think Kishimoto will not kill off at least one more character? I know a lot of people don't think any of the rookies will die, but what makes people so certain?

If sasuke kills off one or two of the rookies I think it would really test his fortitude. So far I'd say he has practically masted "hate". He has even gone as far as to remove the hate from the Heart of Kurama. (9 tails). If one of his close friends is killed at the hands of sasuke, it could be a turning point for the entire story.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users