Simply... Lol XD

#62 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

Thanks Slex, really nice to see some optimism for a change in the forums.

Also didn't know that there so many NS moments in part 1, prolly didn't see them the first time i read because of Sakura infatuation for Sasuke, but wow I gotta say Kishi did a pretty awesome job with Naruto and Sakura.

#63 Tsubaki

Tsubaki

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

Thank you Slextrem!!! th_glomp.gif

wow just wow.. Narusaku indeed has the best development of the whole series and it also helped us to look more at Sakura and how wonderfully she been playing her role as the heroine. She acted as a lider in the Pain arc when the liders (Kakashi/Tsunade) were defeated. Proud of her!

Sig by karudoll

#64 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (Baguette @ Apr 2 2013, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had to do it.

Heh, that made my day.

This thread seems like a morale thread now, something bad comes up just wait until we see what's next with sakura.

One thing from part 1 that is major and just reaffirms this pairing is when during the duel between the 3rd hokage and orochimaru, 3rd states how when ninja find something precious to them, that's when they get. Strong. Sakura is precious to naruto and her being in danger did give him the resolve to defeat gaara.

Just again, all these pictures showing more than 10 years of interaction and development, gonna take a lot of effort and logic for nh to top this, not to mention naruto and sakura interacting is far from over, it's just been on a break, sadly a long break but it will happen again, and still in all this time during the past 3 years, the small amount of nh moments and 615 is nothing compared to everything that Kishi wrote so far. We will get our answer in time, but I still find it hard to believe naruto is over sakura especially when sai admitted his faults and the intro of Kushina. Ns has a lot backing it up, only a matter of time until we see if it comes, everything has been laid out, a lot can come forward because of all it.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#65 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Apr 2 2013, 12:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Still using "-chan" when saying her name. Good to know his feelings for her haven't changed at all. wub.gif

Anyway, great thread Slextrem. I can honestly say you're now my favorite person on this forum. a_dance.gif

Edited by FoolishYoungling , 02 April 2013 - 10:42 PM.

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#66 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (FoolishYoungling @ Apr 2 2013, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Still using "-chan" when saying her name. Good to know his feelings for her haven't changed at all. wub.gif

Anyway, great thread Slextrem. I can honestly say you're now my favorite person on this forum. a_dance.gif

fu.png

I'm glad you enjoy it just as much as I do. It's nice to be able to read through all of their moments. smile.gif

#67 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:50 PM

It amazes me that only Naruto uses "-chan" in the entire manga.

#68 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Apr 2 2013, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

fu.png

I saw you make that post in the NaruSaku debate thread. That's why I knew him using "-chan" right there meant he still loved her. laugh.gif

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#69 Baguette

Baguette

だ る い

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Apr 2 2013, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

fu.png

I'm glad you enjoy it just as much as I do. It's nice to be able to read through all of their moments. smile.gif

I think "-chan" still counts as a name suffix sweatdrop.gif

Edited by Baguette, 02 April 2013 - 10:55 PM.

Star Crossed Lovers

#70 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (Baguette @ Apr 2 2013, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It does but it has a different meaning. Actually, I remember a lot of people with love interest does change it to "-chan" at times. In fact, in Bakuman, the married guy calls his wife "-chan". Oh yeah, in SD, they made a joke that if Hinata acted like Sakura, Naruto would change his feelings and say, "That's my girl, Hinata-chan." Funny.

#71 Tsubaki

Tsubaki

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE (Baguette @ Apr 2 2013, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, "chan" would fit better in this "nickinames and other terms of endearment" part. wink.gif

Suffix "-chan" (ちゃん)
The suffix "-chan" has a meaning of "Wanted", "cuddly", "kind" or even "fragile." So it's widely used with children and girls.
"-chan" can also be used when there is a loving relationship between two people (eg: between husband and wife).

Sig by karudoll

#72 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE (Tsubaki @ Apr 2 2013, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, "chan" would fit better in this "nickinames and other terms of endearment" part. wink.gif

Suffix "-chan" (ちゃん)
The suffix "-chan" has a meaning of "Wanted", "cuddly", "kind" or even "fragile." So it's widely used with children and girls.
"-chan" can also be used when there is a loving relationship between two people (eg: between husband and wife).

Exactly. I actually use this. Lol.

#73 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:08 AM

-chan is a cute honorific,.. In Naruto's case with Sakura, it would sounds like he says "lil sakura" in english...

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#74 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (六道仙人 @ Apr 2 2013, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-chan is a cute honorific,.. In Naruto's case with Sakura, it would sounds like he says "lil sakura" in english...

Hence why remove suffix in the USA, minus Sensei since it's pretty much given and known what it means.

#75 Beastbomb

Beastbomb

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:50 AM

wow.gif

Absolutely amazing, nice work a_thumbs.gif. The panels where Naruto is willimg to suffer the pain of Sakura loving Sauke amazes me. Takes one hell of a man to suffer that kind of pain for the girl he loves.

Question: to anyone who reads the Viz translations of Shippuden, do they seem to cut down on the romantic dialogue between Naruto and Sakura or is it just my imagination. I know Sai does not mention how gentle she is after the battle simulation with Yamato with Naruto but uses "you're being considerate of his feeling? Am I right?"

Edited by Beastbomb, 03 April 2013 - 12:51 AM.

#76 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE (Beastbomb @ Apr 2 2013, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow.gif

Absolutely amazing, nice work a_thumbs.gif. The panels where Naruto is willimg to suffer the pain of Sakura loving Sauke amazes me. Takes one hell of a man to suffer that kind of pain for the girl he loves.

Question: to anyone who reads the Viz translations of Shippuden, do they seem to cut down on the romantic dialogue between Naruto and Sakura or is it just my imagination. I know Sai does not mention how gentle she is after the battle simulation with Yamato with Naruto but uses "you're being considerate of his feeling? Am I right?"

Diehard NH fan translator of Viz Media.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#77 Baguette

Baguette

だ る い

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Apr 2 2013, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Diehard NH fan translator of Viz Media.

Oh come on. Sometimes I get the impression that we're a bunch of cynics who believe that the entire world is against us.
"Pierrot Studios are biased NH fans, Mangastream translators are biased NH fans, Viz translators are biased NH fans."
Sooner or later, we'll probably be saying "Kishi is a biased NH fan." dry.gif
You never know, maybe we're the ones who are being biased here.

Just chill, guys. cool.gif

Edited by Baguette, 03 April 2013 - 01:14 AM.

Star Crossed Lovers

#78 Beastbomb

Beastbomb

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE (Baguette @ Apr 2 2013, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh come on. Sometimes I get the impression that we're a bunch of cynics who believe that the entire world is against us.
"Pierrot Studios are biased NH fans, Mangastream translators are biased NH fans, Viz translators are biased NH fans."

Just chill, guys.

th_cussing.gif I knew it, why Kishi... jk

I was just curious. Wanted to hear others opinions.

#79 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:21 AM

One moment that really stands out to me is when Sakura's tear becomes a shooting star that flies over Naruto. They feel so... connected? I don't even know how to describe it. It's just lovely. love.gif

Beastbomb, you might want to try sending TwilightLink a PM. I know that he reads the Viz translations.

Edited by Slextrem, 03 April 2013 - 01:24 AM.

#80 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE (Baguette @ Apr 2 2013, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You never know, maybe we're the ones who are being biased here.

Just chill, guys. cool.gif

While not all fan translators are biased...I know at least one of them is. Forgot which one though.

That's why people search for the raws to make sure the translation are as close as possible to what is meant to be shown.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users