267 replies to this topic

#1 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:59 AM

I just decided to take a stroll on over to onemanga to find a new series to read and.....shabam. A message that Onemanga will be deleting all of their content by next week. This makes me incredibly angry since onemanga is my favorite manga website. Feel free to discuss your rage or quickly rush over to finish all the manga you can before it gets deleted. shamefulcry0js.gif

Edited by Muffins?, 22 July 2010 - 07:00 AM.

JLHza2T.png

#2 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:16 AM

Yeah i got the message too. shamefulcry0js.gif

#3 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:22 AM

Less rage, more sadness. I'm going to miss having all of those series in one convenient location. Yeah, other sites have large selections, but OM had the biggest selection of manga I'd actually read through.

#4 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:13 AM

not to mention it had complete collections and wasnt buggy as hell. rather upset by this news.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#5 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:20 AM

To quote Optimus Primal: "Well, that's just prime..." or there's always this response:

Edited by Toasty Warrior, 22 July 2010 - 08:21 AM.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#6 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:23 AM

I guess I'll have to use mangafox after... If anyone knows another good website with full collections post em up!

JLHza2T.png

#7 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE (Muffins? @ Jul 22 2010, 03:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess I'll have to use mangafox after... If anyone knows another good website with full collections post em up!

I don't know if these are as big as mangafox or onemanga but their library seems to be a decent size:

haven-reader.net
mangareader.net

Edited by Uzumakikage, 22 July 2010 - 08:46 AM.

#8 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:55 AM

Well, I'm surprised you guys are surprised by this... a few weeks ago, publishing companies were already intent on shutting it down. So, I'm not surprised. I hope Openmanga will launch soon. I sure hope as well it goes off without a hitch.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#9 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:55 AM

I'll have to wait and see what the pricing model is like before I judge that.

As for onemanga closing... sad, sad days.

#10 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:12 PM

First raw paradise and now onemanga what's next? oh wait I don't even want to know. mellow.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#11 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:21 PM

It's weird though... I didn't get the same message when I went to 1000manga, which is their sister site. Perhaps the admins running that site are willing to take a chance. They could omnomnom (as in "take over") the content of OneManga's servers?

I'm sad to see the site I've used more or less daily for the last few years go, but that's the way life is. Other brilliant sites has been killed off because of copyright holders as well, and I can understand why. I'm using MangaFox just about exactly the same amount, so I have them to fall back on. Brace for sudden popularity-boost MF-guys.

I do believe StopTazmo is back though, so I could start actually downloading my manga again. After all, I do like reading it in full screen a lot better. It just sucks that I won't get to read their extensive library anymore. Poop!

#12 roninmedia

roninmedia

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:34 PM

Thankfully, I don't rely too on manga websites as a my primary source of manga. mIRC is still my primary method of getting manga. Of course that requires downloading the manga, but it has every manga series imaginable. biggrin.gif

Edited by roninmedia, 22 July 2010 - 12:36 PM.

#13 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:34 PM

Ehhh, so the publishers have decided to use copyright law against scanlations. Guess that makes sense, but it will definitely won't stop there tongue.gif

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#14 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:40 PM

1000 manga is coming down as well, according to the onemanga forums.

#15 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:24 PM

I think we will be good as dead if they crush mangafox and mangastream as well argh1.png

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#16 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:26 PM

This is a shame because onemanga had more scans of josei (women's) manga that haven't been translated into English than all the other major read online websites.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#17 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Jul 22 2010, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think we will be good as dead if they crush mangafox and mangastream as well argh1.png

Please, don't jinx it!!! DX I don't want that to happen.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#18 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Jul 22 2010, 07:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ehhh, so the publishers have decided to use copyright law against scanlations. Guess that makes sense, but it will definitely won't stop there tongue.gif

Well yeah, it should. I don't think you can dispute that their posting/distributing unauthorized copies. I'd say the violation is obvious on its face.

#19 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:08 PM

The only thing about this that surprises me is that it took this long. Manga publishers banded together months ago in efforts to start shutting down scanlation sites. They shut down several others, so it was a matter of time before they hit one of the big ones. I expected it sooner; I mean, the treatment of manga on the internet, the availability and the sheer number of people who know and read about it isn't something you see every day with a product.

Truth be told, American branches of manga companies have been in very dire straits lately. Several of them have had to close down. Meanwhile, the number of people reading manga online increases more and more, thanks to pretty much everything being available scanned, translated and free. Something had to give.

Onemanga's unlikely to be the last.

Edited by dl316bh, 22 July 2010 - 03:09 PM.

bd5.jpg

#20 Xabsol

Xabsol

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:27 PM

R.I.P all closing down manga sites. sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users