Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE (Yoshimoto Trigen @ Sep 1 2008, 07:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Call of Duty 4 - 1/10

Worst FPS in the world. It's populated with whiners and bunny-hoppers, not to mention arrogant big-shots who talk trash. There are people who don't even fight, they just run and get killed. I call them 'cannon fodder'.

Anyways, MP is full of arrogant people. They whine, and love to stroke their ego's whenever they whine.

SP is great. Great plot line, horrible shoot-outs. I find it completely un-realistic that the Russian terrorists would hand over a nuke to a bunch of rag-tag Arabic militants without having them know that the gun points towards the enemy. Really, the Arabic militants could overthrow a HUGE Saudi Arabia nation, but can't even handle the Marines? It's ego-stroking, kids, and it's bad for ya.

I want to play as the terrorists and Nazi's for once. I'm getting tired of the same 'O Saint Can you See?' and 'Star Spangled Banner' chorus that plays every game. The British have the same thing. This game makes the SAS look like hired thugs, less then combat operatives. I seriously doubt they would let Al-Asad die, let alone kill him. I think that the US would want him on war-trial.

It's so fun how they managed to mobilize the whole Marine Force Recon and other marine batallions in about 1 day. It took us multiple days after 9/11 and after the fake letters were placed as evidence, and even then, Iraq didn't have good forces.

On the other hand, Saudi Arabia is a huge country. I doubt its armies would be over-run by rag-tag militants that can't probably disguise themselves. They live in the desert for gods sake. They're dressed in black and brown uniforms.

This game deserves this one rating. I thought Infinity Ward promised me something good.

[/end_rating]

And how was... the gameplay?...

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#82 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 02 September 2008 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (Dormin @ Sep 2 2008, 07:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And how was... the gameplay?...

Laggy as hell, even with good software.

#83 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 02 September 2008 - 03:41 PM

Well.....there's a game I wont pick up.

Anyway
Star Wars Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight - 7/10
Old.....really old for a PC game, and even though the current gen games from my 360 have spoiled me with great graphics and whatnot, this game is still really cool, and really fun.

Edited by Kyuudaime, 02 September 2008 - 03:43 PM.

#84 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:44 AM

The World Ends With You - 9.8/10

;_; It was the best "weird RPG" game I've ever played..... The ending was sort of "Meh" though. Anyways I love the character designs and how they make the game look anime-ish. Overall, it's worth playing. And I'm pretty sure it's sold out by now.... ._.
I am still pinky-ash

#85 Juujuu

Juujuu

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Interests:God, art, literature, music, anime, romance, internet, friends

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:26 PM

Final Fantasy 12 :

On a scale of 1 - 10 it was AWESOME. LOVE IT! LOVE IT I SAY! OR I WILL THROW SMELLY SOCKS AT YOU!

*throws smelly socks*
"Balthier is Sexy" Fangirl Army - SECOND IN COMMAND JUUJUU!

#86 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 02:56 PM

*dodges smell sock*
tongue.gif
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Heroes 2: The Phantom Fortress (PSP)- 8/10

It's much better than the first, and it took me about 8 hours just to beat the story mode, that's pretty long for a portable game to me.

#87 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:20 AM

Persona 3 FES (PS2, RPG)- 9.5/10

Awesome game where you control a group of high-schoolers attempting to solve the mystery of the Dark Hour (an hour only a few are aware of where weird and bad things happen) and do the whole "save the world" thing. Major bonus points for having a Dating simulator Social Link system in place that makes the "going to school" part more fun than the actual battles!

Note: Get the FES version of Persona 3 instead of the original. Slightly expanded cut-scenes and extra content, a better ending, and a second game that picks up where the first left off for the same price!
QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#88 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:36 AM

Super Paper Mario - 8/10 (Wii)

This game took me sixteen hours to beat......it was easy for the most part, until the final level where I kept getting lost, and had to use a walkthrough once or twice, but overall it was a great game.

#89 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:59 AM

Ace Combat X (PSP) (8.5/10)

Pretty sweet graphics considering it's PSP. Love the game. Shooting down jets, what more could I say?

#90 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 12:12 PM

Mercenaries 2 8.5/10

Gamespot are full of #@$$

This game is fun as hell! especielly when you play as Mattias laugh.gif

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#91 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 13 September 2008 - 12:40 PM

Infinite Undiscovery (Xbox 360): - 8.5/10 (Updated score after completing game)

This game has its faults, but I really do like its compelling story and the characters. Especially Aya! The game's hero - Capell - starts out as rather weak and indecisive, but he grows to become a dependable hero over the course of the game's story. The character design and graphics are also very beautiful.

The game world is huge, though exploration does feel rather limited as you get pushed into new areas without any real opportunity to revisit earlier areas in order to fully explore them. One tiny fault would also be the fact that the Plains area in the early stages feels too big. That put me off going back to towns I had already been to. I mean, it's enormous.

The biggest fault of the game would have to be the lack of save points. It can be rather frustrating to fight through a dungeon for an hour, then get wiped out by the boss. This problem could easily have been solved by placing a save point before each boss, just as other RPGs normally do. Because of this, Infinite Undiscovery is really for patient players. I think Tri-Ace should take a look at this article on Kotaku about saving.

It's a pity that Tri-Ace did not spend more time refining Infinite Undiscovery, as it has the story, world, and characters to be one of the classics! A few more well-placed save points, more flexible exploration, and full control over magic spells during battle (and maybe a quicker/better way to use items in battle), and this would easily be a 9/10 game at the least.

UPDATE: Raised score due to its fantastic story and post-game content. Definitely an RPG I'll be playing for a long while.

#92 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

Now THAT is a Flame War!!!

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 13 September 2008 - 04:48 PM

Castle Crashers (XBLA Arcade) - 21/10

The game is literally a trip back in time to the good ole arcades of yore. Its basically TMNT:Turtles in time mixed with Gauntlet. The demo version of the game really doesn't do justice to the final product. The full game is a blast to play in coop with 3 of your buddies on one console. I must mention though that while the games coop is fantastic offline (on one console) the online component is horribly broken. Hopefully that will be fixed in future patches. If you're like me however you won't give a damn about the broken online. The offline alone justifies the purchase of this title.

If you're a fan of beat em ups and action rpg games..... you'd be a fool to pass up this great fusion of the two genres.
I give this game 3 thumbs up. BUY IT NOW.
(and fer petes sake dont skip it just due to the increased price of 1200 points. This game would be worth it even if it released at a retail price of 60$. the fact that its being sold at a bargain price of 15$ rocks)

#93 AyaMoto74

AyaMoto74

Mrs. Darttension

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • Interests:I think you all know my hobbies XD

My hobbies include writing/ making music, writing stories, playing videogames, and chatting!

Posted 14 September 2008 - 03:20 PM

Rule of Rose 8/10 - Atlus

I ordered this game for $17 off of Amazon due to my love for psychological horror . . . Was I surprised!

Music: 10/10 - This game had the most wonderful of string and piano music I've ever heard in a game; entirely classical, and very catchy! And not to mention the beautiful opening theme . . . I downloaded the rip of the entire soundtrack (the real soundtrack only contains 6 songs!) but it was a very great experience to hear from Yutaka Minobe biggrin.gif
Graphics: Graphics were good! The cutscene graphics were breathtaking, this game was released in 2006 or 2007, but the graphics (CGI) are just as good as nowaday games! The gameplay graphics reminded me and my sister just of Kingdom Hearts (especially the subtitles and the way the characters move when you speak to them!)
Controls: Ah, the controls. More simple than Haunting Ground! Simply control the dog with Triangle, O and [], you examine things with X. Start is the menu, Select is the map (which is utterly useless, by the way . . .)

And now, for the game itself. This game was very . . . odd. But I loved it. Unluckily I beat it with the bad ending due to killing this guy instead of letting him kill himself, but that didn't stop me from starting over to play it again. And I have this odd feeling that I'm going to play it again after I get the good ending tongue.gif

The gameplay is a bit peculiar, because battling you just walk up to the enemy and hit them, and there's no guard, but that's okay, I mean, you're a defenseless, mentally scarred girl! Of course it won't be easy! The downside (not for me, for most people) is that you had to backtrack and run through a VERY huge airship/ orphanage, and the loading times inbetween rooms can get you impatient if you're in a hurry (I was at one point, when during the final chapter, I randomly figured out what I had to do) but other than that it's fine. Finding items is fun! a_spaz.gif

The story was very wonderful, it's alot to think about and even might need some research (I myself being a member of PokerNemesis' blog, Rule of Rose Mysteries) in order to understand. The game is labelled as Psychological Horror, but in reality it's not scary, unless you look at it from the viewpoint of the characters. Jennifer, the girl who you play as, has been picked on her whole life in the orphanage after losing her parents to an airship crash (1930's). And what do the little kids do at the orphanage? They play imaginary airship. Now what else do they do? They have this little club called the Red Crayon Aristocrats, where you must give something to Stray Dog or the Princess (play the game to figure that out) and Jennifer has to sacrifice - literally - some very important things, even things of others.

Altogether though, the game is very, very good. I didn't expect it to be like this, considering all of the reviews. I can guarantee you that every cutscene in the game will make you feel some strong emotion. For any of those interested in treasure hunts or in Psychological Horror, or just having a dog lead you through the whole game, you should buy it!

Side Note - This game is only available in Japan and the U.S. because it was banned everywhere else, so if you do buy it in Europe or Australia or something . . . be careful!

Kiss you for lonesome folly...

#94 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 24 September 2008 - 05:53 PM

I simply have to change the score of Infinite Undiscovery.

8.5/10. The story is FANTASTIC. If a manga were to be made, I would buy it in a flash. I like the post-game extras as well.

#95 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:13 PM

King of Fighters 2006 (King of Fighters: Maximum Impact 2) - 7/10

Better than the original, with option of change the voiceovers from English to Japanese. I like the combo system, however, the missions of unlocking new stages are very tedious and boring, which also unlock the colors for the characters' costumes if they haven't been played.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#96 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:12 PM

TNA Impact! (XBox 360)-6/10
Though fun most of the time a lack of modes, inconsistent AI and sticky controls makes this game almost unplayable.

uc.png

#97 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 24 September 2008 - 11:04 PM

I am playing Dragon Quest IV and I love it.

Of course maybe I am a masochist who loves infinite random battles but thats half the fun as far as I can see.

plus the story is quite good not quite up there with DQ VIII but I like it.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#98 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 30 September 2008 - 02:11 AM

Final Fantasy IV (Nintendo DS)-10/10
My 2nd favorite Final Fantasy of all time gets a better DS treatment I thought than Final Fantasy III which I thought was boring and sometimes unplayable.

uc.png

#99 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:00 AM

Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut: 5/10

When I first heard of the remake of one of the greatest Sonic games that launched during the Dreamcast era for the GC, I thought it will be an uncut script (with bonus scenes), and characters going to different levels unlike the original when it can only work with Gameshark. Boy, am I wrong. Although the nice additions of playing Metal Sonic, updated graphics, Chao stats update and Black Market for the Chao Garden, Game Gear Sonic games collection and Mission mode are great features, the game is just horrible. Glitches and bugs galore plus the wacky-camera are back from the original Japanese DC version (which was fixed in the US and International Dreamcast versions). Sonic Team didn't fixed the original version when updating for the GC. I still don't get why the title "Director's Cut" is there...

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#100 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:15 PM

WipEout HD (PS3) 9/10

Well, it's WipEout. In HD.

It does look stunning, and the gameplay is very smooth and finely balanced. I have to say I think Nintendo should take a couple of lessons on weapons balance for Mario Kart! It can be very challenging, but it doesn't feel unfair. The game definitely has that "one more go" feel to it. It's also one of the rare few games to support Trophies. smile.gif

However, there is one teensy niggle...

I HATE SEBENCO CLIMB. DX

Sebenco and I just don't get along. In a race, it's like you're being bashed about inside a tumble drier. I KEEP COMING FOURTH.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users