• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

#21 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:22 PM

Thing is, the leaked version was very incomplete. And the people who were making the movie saw that version and saw a lot of flaws in it too, so they have been re shooting scenes since then.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#22 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:40 AM

QUOTE (demonfox04 @ Apr 13 2009, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I couldn't stand it, having read Origins when that first came out. No Elizabeth, no Dog Logan, it was just different. Sabertooth shouldn't have been introduced until the point where he killed Silver Fox, like in the comics, when he 'killed' her on Logan's birthday. I don't like how they had Cyclops in there, seeing as he went straight from the orphanage to Xavier in the comics. They just changed too much of the background for a fan to watch it, in my opinion.

And Deadpool kinda pissed me off. Yeah, he was a wise ass, but dude is freakin' insane! Granted, it was before his face became disfigured, so that deserves a pass. But I wanted to see kick ass Deadpool breakin' the 4th wall and bein' insane and bein' a wise ass. And yeah, he didn't have his mask.

Well, I shall go watch the first two movies now to rid my mind of the images.

To be honest it was strongly hinted that Dog was Sabertooth in the first place. So I think its understandable for him to introduce at that point of the movie. And secondly, if you find solace in the first two movies, there's nothing i can do to help you anyway. For a "true" fan of the Marvel Series, none of the movies should have any value, because they all are poor representations of the original work.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#23 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 15 April 2009 - 02:46 AM

Thanks for the advanced warning guys there's no way in hell I'm seeing this movie now.

uc.png

#24 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 15 April 2009 - 03:57 AM

Actually I plan on seeing this twice in the theaters at least.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#25 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:21 AM

While being displeased by Deadpool's appearance in the movie, I gained a little bit of faith in Ryan reynolds because of what he said at the end of this interview

Here's praying for a Deadpool movie...

Edited by Dormin, 15 April 2009 - 07:21 AM.

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#26 demonfox04

demonfox04

The Don - 'Nuff Said

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Apr 14 2009, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To be honest it was strongly hinted that Dog was Sabertooth in the first place. So I think its understandable for him to introduce at that point of the movie. And secondly, if you find solace in the first two movies, there's nothing i can do to help you anyway. For a "true" fan of the Marvel Series, none of the movies should have any value, because they all are poor representations of the original work.

A few characters in that comic were meant to look or act like characters in the current X-Men Universe. Rose, the red head who Logan has feelings for; Thomas Logan looks like a fully grown Wolverine; Smitty, who Rose eventually falls in love with, is supposed to look like Scott Summers. Even further, he becomes what Logan considers his rival. So while Dog may look or act like Sabertooth, there is the fact that the authors intentionally had people in Logan's past who were meant to look or act like the people in his present.

Also, it has never really been stated if Dog was a mutant or not. Yes, he was very vicious, sadistic, and a great fighter. However, if he was a mutant and if he was Sabertooth, he would have possessed Sabertooth's healing ability, which is just as every bit as good as Logan's. However, it is once again shown that even after years of the 'incident' in Origins that caused Rose and Logan to run away, Dog's scars still have not healed, which is very uncharacteristic of that certain power. And also, it has been generally accepted that Victor Creed is Sabertooth and that he had developed his mutant powers at a young age. Also, in one issue of Wolverine Vol.2, S.H.I.E.L.D. conducts tests that prove that Sabertooth and Logan are not related in anyway. Very few, if any, writers have taken the path that Sabertooth is Dog Logan and have not hinted at it that much.

As to finding solace in the first two movies, while they may be poor representations of the original work, they are still good movies on their own. And, that being said, X2 is considered to be the only movie out of the X-Men movies that closely relates to any of the original work. Many of the movie's ideas are taken from Chris Claremont's early writings and comics. And for me, anything that comes from the early pen of Claremont is pretty much good.

And I don't get the inclusion of "true" in there. I guess I don't know as much as you to be a "true" fan. Of course, I don't care about being a "true" fan. I just care about being a fan who enjoys the series and finds some things that clash with what he has read. That is where my opinion is formed from. If the stuff I see doesn't clash with what I've read, but it clashes with what you've read or interpreted, then it is just a matter of perspective. Nobody is a "true" fan of something. You can only be a fan of what you interpret.

Sorry for the long post. And I apologize if I stepped on anybody's toes. I was just simply presenting my side of the Dog/Sabertooth debate, as I've seen it. If I overstepped my bounds, please let me know. happy.gif

*Sorrysorry!! I just saw the video you posted, Dormin. I must say, I share your excitement. Wade Wilson is good and all, but like Reynolds said, breaking out Deadpool as if it was straight from the comics would be awesome!! I love Deadpool and his insane, wise-cracking ways!! happy.gif*

Edited by demonfox04, 16 April 2009 - 06:28 PM.

"Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now, you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friend." - Bruce Lee

Whether 1 and 15 or 15 and 1, Superbowl or Toiletbowl...those are my Boys. Ain't no bandwagon here. GO COWBOYS!!!

#27 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:29 PM

I just hope there's a Deadpool movie. I wanna see him turn to the audience and break the 4th wall, that'd be awesome.

#28 demonfox04

demonfox04

The Don - 'Nuff Said

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Apr 17 2009, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just hope there's a Deadpool movie. I wanna see him turn to the audience and break the 4th wall, that'd be awesome.

That'd be amazing. Reynolds sounds like he wants to do it and that he'd put his all into it. So if they do, I expect he'll be playin' Deadpool. happy.gif

"Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now, you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friend." - Bruce Lee

Whether 1 and 15 or 15 and 1, Superbowl or Toiletbowl...those are my Boys. Ain't no bandwagon here. GO COWBOYS!!!

#29 Jin

Jin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 07:40 PM

It isn't always about how faithful something is to the source material. The first two X-Men movies while not faithful to the source material were still very well made movies. IMHO Wolverine is not and only 10 extra minutes of footage will not improve it enough to be considered a well made movie. It needs a good 30 to 40 more minutes of more development on certain characters. It also needs to get rid of the very contrived ending and find a better way to bring Logan to the point he is at when things really start for him as an X-man.

#30 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:50 PM

Anyone going to see this tomorrow?

I have to work tomorrow, but I was invited by a friend to go to a private showing with some of their coworkers on Saturday morning.

Nothing better than a free movie! (Especially when it's on a big assed screen and legit!)

#31 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 04:34 PM

This movie was... deacent, I am really suprised by that...

And of course

He breaks the fourth wall hahahahahahahaha!!

He DID IT!

Made by Vongola10th

#32 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:52 PM

My friend said that there was.....TRANSFORMERS 2!! Trailer. Yes, no matter what other fans said, I did enjoy the first Transformers.

#33 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 02 May 2009 - 04:33 AM

Well like the hypocritical guy I am I saw it anyways....I want my $10 back.

uc.png

#34 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:12 AM

Gonna watch it tomorrow before the Bulls/Celtics game.

Not going with any high standard but look forward to it nonetheless.

#35 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 09:23 AM

I don't know if I'm going to see this in theaters or not. If I do, it's going to be for Gambit. I like Deadpool quite a bit, but the ragin cajun is tops to me; he should have been in the original trilogy as it is dammit. But that would have interfered with the lame love story they had with Rogue and Iceman, so of course that didn't fly. rolleyes.gif

If this does well there's talk that Jackman and the writers want to do a sequel, this time giving us a live action adaption of the original Claremont/Miller mini. Frankly, I'd like to see that. Japan, Mariko, the samurai ways, just the story in general could make for a good movie even if they take liberty with the source as they always do. So even if this film does actually suck, I must admit I'm secretly rooting for it in the box office.

Edited by dl316bh, 02 May 2009 - 09:24 AM.

bd5.jpg

#36 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 01:47 PM

Played demo for the game in my UK account in PSN, it's more Wolverine-ish than the movie Wolverine.

#37 Jin

Jin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (Dormin @ May 1 2009, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This movie was... deacent, I am really suprised by that...

And of course

He breaks the fourth wall hahahahahahahaha!!

He DID IT!

That must of been added after the work print then if that is true. The closest he came from what I saw was when he said "People are dead" after busting into that one guys place and that wasn't breaking the fourth wall.

#38 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 01:59 AM

Probably talking about the other post credits scene, I think it depends on the movie theater.

#39 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ May 2 2009, 05:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know if I'm going to see this in theaters or not. If I do, it's going to be for Gambit. I like Deadpool quite a bit, but the ragin cajun is tops to me; he should have been in the original trilogy as it is dammit. But that would have interfered with the lame love story they had with Rogue and Iceman, so of course that didn't fly. rolleyes.gif

I loathed the movies with a passion because they turned Rogue into something she never was, a wimpy damsel in distress, plus how Singer lied as they filmed every movie saying Gambit was going to be in each one of the X-men movies, then admitting each time as the spoilers started coming out- no Gambit. Gambit and Rogue was the couple that came together "by accident" in the comics and became the most popular couple in X-men comics because, like Naruto and Sakura it was a romantic relationship of equals. Fans still love them together. It's so stupid not to have them together in a movie, their romance would not only excite many of the fans, but would draw in tons more new fans. the 90's cartoon series drew in thousands of female readers to X-mencomics just because Gambit and Rogue's romance was a continuing subplot in that series. And with the second cartoon series- Evolution, many fans say the Gambit and Rogue scenes were the highlights of that series.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#40 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ May 5 2009, 05:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I loathed the movies with a passion because they turned Rogue into something she never was, a wimpy damsel in distress, plus how Singer lied as they filmed every movie saying Gambit was going to be in each one of the X-men movies, then admitting each time as the spoilers started coming out- no Gambit. Gambit and Rogue was the couple that came together "by accident" in the comics and became the most popular couple in X-men comics because, like Naruto and Sakura it was a romantic relationship of equals. Fans still love them together. It's so stupid not to have them together in a movie, their romance would not only excite many of the fans, but would draw in tons more new fans. the 90's cartoon series drew in thousands of female readers to X-mencomics just because Gambit and Rogue's romance was a continuing subplot in that series. And with the second cartoon series- Evolution, many fans say the Gambit and Rogue scenes were the highlights of that series.

So much truth in one post I can't just say QFT

Made by Vongola10th

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users