55 replies to this topic

#21 TheFlash

TheFlash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:06 AM

You know, saying I regret being a fan feels like putting the blame on myself. Like if I had done something different, things wouldn't be like they are now. I am thinking I should've seen it coming, but NS was created on purpose so we were not wrong to read it that way. Many of you are saying you'll be more cautious from now on, but this trap spesifically was inevitable.

To be honest I didn't have complete confidence in NS, I thought it had the best chance but was never 100% sure. I knew going into shipping that maybe I would end up disappointed but, I understand what you mean by the story being pointed towards NaruSaku.

tumblr_n45nt0asf91t4e7bbo2_400.gif

#22 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:18 AM

I do but to an extent. I guess what I really regret is putting in so much when it came to the shipping side of Naruto, so I don't regret being a fan per say but I do wish I would have taken it easy shipping wise. It got so bad that shipping literally took up all of my free time. Towards the end I was reading anything Naruto related (like chapter 700 leaks and leaks from The Last) from when I woke up to almost into the wee hours of the morning. I was obsessed and once everything came crashing down it was hard to get over things. Like Tricksie said Naruto got her into writing, and it did the same for me, so in that aspect I don't regret being a fan, or a shipper, but I do regret the time I wasted, because I allowed it to go a little over bored.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#23 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:40 PM

I only regret having ever read that trash ending. Do I regret being a fan? No. Because I did love the series and it was my choice to follow it to the end. And I will never regret shipping narusaku cause it just goes to show how much had to be destroyed to debunk them. And my biggest regret is how the characters I loved turned out. Naruto being a neglectful father and unaffectionate husband which I never would have imagined, Sakura's achievements and contributions being forgotten and not pursuing any other career due to being pretty much a single parent (like say Directing the hospital), and the list can go on.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#24 Jinja14

Jinja14

No Crying Until the End

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku(Duh),Drawing, Video Games, Sakura, Naruto, Kakashi, Lee, Earthbound.

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:56 AM

I honestly don't...but I do regret staying this long. I just stayed to see if NaruSaku would happen.... :ermm:

I also regret becoming so close to NaruSaku, I knew I had a 50/50 chance of winning or breaking my heart..

Buuuuut at the same time, I'm happy I became close to NaruSaku, I've met some wonderful and very supportive fans through this ship. NaruSaku also kinda helped me feel better about myself too. Sakura was and imperfect girl but Naruto still loved her. I kinda felt that that could happen to me as well someday. :ermm:

At the end that was kinda ruined. Naruto chose the perfect girl with the perfect everything rather than the girl that he truly loved but wasn't as perfect. :pinch:

Edited by Jinja14, 04 March 2015 - 01:04 AM.

Rest in peace Satoru Iwata

tumblr_n9e34d39XJ1r1shyro1_250.gif   

Take a melody, simple as can be. Give it some words and, sweet harmony.

#25 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:25 AM

I honestly don't...but I do regret staying this long. I just stayed to see if NaruSaku would happen.... :ermm:
I also regret becoming so close to NaruSaku, I knew I had a 50/50 chance of winning or breaking my heart..
Buuuuut at the same time, I'm happy I became close to NaruSaku, I've met some wonderful and very supportive fans through this ship. NaruSaku also kinda helped me feel better about myself too. Sakura was and imperfect girl but Naruto still loved her. I kinda felt that that could happen to me as well someday. :ermm:
At the end that was kinda ruined. Naruto chose the perfect girl with the perfect everything rather than the girl that he truly loved but wasn't as perfect. :pinch:

Hinata is not perfect and neither does she have perfect 'everything'. Most of the guys in here would prefer Sakura over Hinata. Guys aren't as superficial as people think they are. Atleast the good ones. Sakura is beautiful! Infact....Sakura is perfect because she is imperfect which makes her most human of all. 'Imperfection is the perfection of nature'. So atleast for me, I'd anytime prefer Sakura over Hinata. I wouldn't want to have a girl who has a very low self esteem, is selfish, is slow, has confidence issues, relies on others for her motivation everytime, FREAKIN' STALKS HER LOVER, watches him from the shadows knowing that he's suffering and still.doing nothing, would immediately wonders about my hands when her cousin has died moments ago just infront of her, cannot stand up for herself, faints every kittenin' time!!!! On the other hand, Sakura...though she doesn't make the wisest decisions at times like.we saw in LOI, SHE kittenIN' CARES ABOUT PEOPLE! She is willing to sacrifice herself for the ones she loves. The list will go on and on if I start a rant about pros of Sakura. We all know.it far better. Atleast for me, I'd prefer having someone like Sakura over Hinata!

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#26 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:27 AM

No, can't say I do. The ending is crap, but the rest of it was and still is enjoyable.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#27 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:07 AM

This is a tough one. :confused: Yes and no, I suppose. Maybe a little more towards Yes.
 I followed Naruto for 10+ years and it was one giant step into leading me into the anime world. Helped me appreciate subs and I had a great time connecting with people and friends through Naruto. I really enjoyed and loved the series...but the end...I regret it because of the heartbreak. I loved the characters, story and NaruSaku so much. I loved the comedy, I loved the deep themes of bonds, watching the characters grow...and everything that came with it. I was passionate about it. The story and characters (aside from Hinata) meant -THAT- much to me.

But...everything turned into a disgusting, 15 year lie. Not only that, it was shoved and scrubbed right into our faces with no shame. It disgusts me as an ex-fan and as someone who enjoys reading. It hurts as an ex-fan too. I'm STILL hurt. I can't look at anything Naruto without feeling my blood turn cold for a brief moment. Or without a slight sneer. I can't talk about it without it turning into an angry rant. So all in all...I just try to avoid it. I come here once in a while and I'm curious to see how the series is failing. Because that seems to be the only time I can ease the pain. Is by watching it crash and burn. To know I'm not the only one who was hurt by Kishimoto's horrible choices and Studio Pierrot's disgusting, perverted otaku obsession with Hinaturd.

It's also nice to watch fans unite. The NaruSaku fans, the SasuKarin fans, the SasuHina fans and SasuNaru fans have practically combined powers. Focusing more on NaruSaku and SasuNaru since both fandoms are really sizable. Heck, the SasuNaru fans are a powerful friend. I never shipped SasuNaru and I never liked it. But I can honestly say that I would have preferred it rather than the crap dripping ending we were given.

But all in all...I'm just hurt and bitter about the series. I know I should be over it, but I'm not. It's...kind of rare for me to get really passionate about things. Naruto was one of those gems...but that gem ended up being a dollar store piece of plastic. -_-

It angers me to know that there are possibly at least a few other people who feel the same as me. Who now have trust issues with authors. Who used adore shipping and now cringe at the idea of a series that has more than one love interest for the same person. Who now looks at all this new anime with disgust whenever I see any hint of Otaku culture. Which is in a horribly large amount of anime series these days.

Miyazaki was right. I never doubted him, but I don't think I ever felt the weight of his words as much as I do now.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#28 Shourai

Shourai

Young Esperantist

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:44 PM

I'm a bit mixed on this. I don't regret being a fan, per se, but I do regret that I continued to follow the series after the Pein Arc. To think that I could've stopped then and avoided the following years of trash and character assassinations...  :arg:

This is a tough one. :confused: Yes and no, I suppose. Maybe a little more towards Yes.
 I followed Naruto for 10+ years and it was one giant step into leading me into the anime world. Helped me appreciate subs and I had a great time connecting with people and friends through Naruto. I really enjoyed and loved the series...but the end...I regret it because of the heartbreak. I loved the characters, story and NaruSaku so much. I loved the comedy, I loved the deep themes of bonds, watching the characters grow...and everything that came with it. I was passionate about it. The story and characters (aside from Hinata) meant -THAT- much to me.

But...everything turned into a disgusting, 15 year lie. Not only that, it was shoved and scrubbed right into our faces with no shame. It disgusts me as an ex-fan and as someone who enjoys reading. It hurts as an ex-fan too. I'm STILL hurt. I can't look at anything Naruto without feeling my blood turn cold for a brief moment. Or without a slight sneer. I can't talk about it without it turning into an angry rant. So all in all...I just try to avoid it. I come here once in a while and I'm curious to see how the series is failing. Because that seems to be the only time I can ease the pain. Is by watching it crash and burn. To know I'm not the only one who was hurt by Kishimoto's horrible choices and Studio Pierrot's disgusting, perverted otaku obsession with Hinaturd.

It's also nice to watch fans unite. The NaruSaku fans, the SasuKarin fans, the SasuHina fans and SasuNaru fans have practically combined powers. Focusing more on NaruSaku and SasuNaru since both fandoms are really sizable. Heck, the SasuNaru fans are a powerful friend. I never shipped SasuNaru and I never liked it. But I can honestly say that I would have preferred it rather than the crap dripping ending we were given.

But all in all...I'm just hurt and bitter about the series. I know I should be over it, but I'm not. It's...kind of rare for me to get really passionate about things. Naruto was one of those gems...but that gem ended up being a dollar store piece of plastic. -_-

It angers me to know that there are possibly at least a few other people who feel the same as me. Who now have trust issues with authors. Who used adore shipping and now cringe at the idea of a series that has more than one love interest for the same person. Who now looks at all this new anime with disgust whenever I see any hint of Otaku culture. Which is in a horribly large amount of anime series these days.

Miyazaki was right. I never doubted him, but I don't think I ever felt the weight of his words as much as I do now.

I'm one of those few others.  :unsure:

In the months since the ending, I've found it impossible to finish watching any new anime--mainly because, as soon as another love interest is introduced, I lose interest entirely.  :umm:

And I typically avoid otaku-influenced anime like the plague anyway.

#29 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:19 PM

No.

The serious answer is I got a lot out of it. Even if the series went to hell, there are things I gained from it that I value and I'd be willing to say were worth suffering through the latter half of Part 2.

The cynical answer is the great sense of vindication I feel after all the crap I got for not being sufficiently on-board while this series was self-combusting.

#30 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 05:03 PM

Hinata is not perfect and neither does she have perfect 'everything'. Most of the guys in here would prefer Sakura over Hinata. Guys aren't as superficial as people think they are. Atleast the good ones. Sakura is beautiful! Infact....Sakura is perfect because she is imperfect which makes her most human of all. 'Imperfection is the perfection of nature'. So atleast for me, I'd anytime prefer Sakura over Hinata. I wouldn't want to have a girl who has a very low self esteem, is selfish, is slow, has confidence issues, relies on others for her motivation everytime, FREAKIN' STALKS HER LOVER, watches him from the shadows knowing that he's suffering and still.doing nothing, would immediately wonders about my hands when her cousin has died moments ago just infront of her, cannot stand up for herself, faints every kittenin' time!!!! On the other hand, Sakura...though she doesn't make the wisest decisions at times like.we saw in LOI, SHE kittenIN' CARES ABOUT PEOPLE! She is willing to sacrifice herself for the ones she loves. The list will go on and on if I start a rant about pros of Sakura. We all know.it far better. Atleast for me, I'd prefer having someone like Sakura over Hinata!

Hinata isn't perfect in that way, but she is what many sexist boys would like. Of course not necessarily what Naruto would like. I'm sure if he felt anything for her as a person, he'd hang out with her more, instead of being put in convinient situations by Kishimoto and now, matchmakers.

Because Hinata is, or has at least become, an idea that exists in many of sexist boyheads. She is passive, not "challenging" and rarely argues with you, she has low self-esteem(except that her man "saves" her from that!, thus she becomes dependent on him. Twilight and 50 shades of grey are also based on this! Very harmful message for girls!), she is pretty but doesn't know it, her man is her main and sometimes only priority, she can seemingly take care of herself unless she needs to be saved by him and his protector complex, she will forgive anything he does, stay loyal, and never ask for an apology, etc etc. I've seen the type way too many times. :arg:

Edited by sushi., 04 March 2015 - 05:04 PM.

ナルサク

#31 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:07 PM

I can see why you guys regret it but to tell you the truth I don't because if not for Naruto the I never would have met you guys in the first place. The only thing I regret is trusting Kishi which will never  happen again. 

No regrets. I have still learned things from its terrible epilogue and made me know how an ending should be done.

As snake said, there is no such thing as absolute reality (the epilogue), most of what they (hinatards) call real is actually fiction (their ending that makes no sense).  Find the meaning behind the words and decide. It doesn't matter if its real or not (canoncity is not important). Choose your own legacy (lady gt, terrace etc) its for you to decide and its up to you.

#32 Jinja14

Jinja14

No Crying Until the End

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku(Duh),Drawing, Video Games, Sakura, Naruto, Kakashi, Lee, Earthbound.

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:17 PM

THAT'S WHAT I THINK!!

But most most of my guy friends prefer Hinata because of her perfect body and how she would take in your every demands without complaint.

They say "She's easier" or "She's prettier" :argh:

But I prefer when the people I like are a challenge, like Sakura. :hehehe:

#33 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:38 PM

THAT'S WHAT I THINK!!
But most most of my guy friends prefer Hinata because of her perfect body and how she would take in your every demands without complaint.
They say "She's easier" or "She's prettier" :argh:
But I prefer when the people I like are a challenge, like Sakura. :hehehe:

Pretty? Perfect body? Who wants all this when you've someone like Sakura :P Sakura is no less than Hinata XD Give in to your demands? I'd rather have a fight than go with someone submissive XD For a guy like me, life with Hinata'd be a tad bit boring. Fiesty, raging fire needs fire. Bring in the calm water with fierce fire and it gets messed up. No one is happy in that relationship. One prefers the adventures while the other prefers some less risky quiet stuff. Fire and fire and you see sparks everywhere! Its Sakura anytime for me. I'd really get irritated with Hinata tbh. I don't like people with low self confidence. First of all I get irked and secondly....that 'Naruto kun' and fainting....I'd effin say, "SAY WHAT THE kitten YOU WANNA SAY!!! DON'T BE SO kittenIN' SHY! I ain't no mind reader" You see? So that's why....Fire's never compatible with water...

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#34 Jinja14

Jinja14

No Crying Until the End

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 09:42 AM

Pretty? Perfect body? Who wants all this when you've someone like Sakura :P Sakura is no less than Hinata XD Give in to your demands? I'd rather have a fight than go with someone submissive XD For a guy like me, life with Hinata'd be a tad bit boring. Fiesty, raging fire needs fire. Bring in the calm water with fierce fire and it gets messed up. No one is happy in that relationship. One prefers the adventures while the other prefers some less risky quiet stuff. Fire and fire and you see sparks everywhere! Its Sakura anytime for me. I'd really get irritated with Hinata tbh. I don't like people with low self confidence. First of all I get irked and secondly....that 'Naruto kun' and fainting....I'd effin say, "SAY WHAT THE kitten YOU WANNA SAY!!! DON'T BE SO kittenIN' SHY! I ain't no mind reader" You see? So that's why....Fire's never compatible with water...

tumblr_inline_naqsiuOqyN1shrb8p.gif

#35 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 10 March 2015 - 12:07 AM

A large part of me does, yes. What I loved about Naruto was that it symbolized to me everything that was inspiring. Naruto's story of being a loser that had no hope of being a genius and hated by everyone grew up to be this great succeeding hero with everyone's acknowledgment and not a hint of it was handed to him. He made it that way himself - or at least that's how it used to be. Sakura's maturity from a immature fangirl to being mature and grown up felt so relatable and realistic - or at least that's what I thought it would be.

Now I realize these characters with so much potential were put in the hands of hack who lost enthusiasm for the own world he created. He turned his back on every message this story was supposed to be about. I wasted 7 years of my life loving and following this series for it's themes and characters and all of it now just feels like a lie. If I had never got attached to this series, I would've saved myself a whole lot of disappointment.

But even as I say that, I can never regret NaruSaku. This ship symbolized everything this story was supposed to symbolize and is the truest definition of love I've ever seen: selfless. Not fangirling, not forced plot devices, abuse, and most importantly not selfishness. All SasuSaku and NaruHina have ever been about is selfishness, even "reciprocated". NH turned Naruto selfish and the one thing I always valued about NS was it highlighted the best about him --- about both characters. NaruSaku was natural and beautiful and matter what kitten comes out of this story's ending and Kishi's mouth, it wouldn't take away what I found in it.

On the cynical side, as much as hate Kishimoto for ruining this manga, I learned from this experience. I learned that there's nothing you can predict in a story that's solid. No matter how much faith you have in something and how much seems obvious and makes sense ... none of this matter in the hands of the wrong author. They can do whatever they want any way they want and at the end of day logic and obviousness don't need to be in the equation, even though they should be.

Like Tricksie, I learned to be cautious with literary works. I'm not going to put as much high expectations in a ship or a story like this ever again. My guard is up and I'm not letting myself get this disappointed again. You're completely at the any whim of the writer--- ships, themes, plots, all of it. I won't forget that any time soon.

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 10 March 2015 - 12:16 AM.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#36 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:13 PM

I don't regret being a Naruto fan, and I definitely don't regret being a NaruSaku fan.

NaruSaku is still a strong ship for me, as it represents my view of a healthy, loving relationship.  :smile:  I loved how their bond developed over the course of the manga, their dynamic, and how they both gave everything to protect and inspire each other.  There really was proper mutual build-up between them and, like Phantom_999 said, it was significant enough that Studio Pierrot had to retcon the story to hell with the Last Movie and Kishimoto kept having to answer questions on why NaruSaku never happened.  Kishimoto kept contradicting himself and what the manga showed as well.

While I think the ending is a bunch of bullcrap, I still care about the story and characters leading up to it.  Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke really deserved better endings, and the ending should have been all about Naruto Uzumaki.  We should have seen him finally have his love for Sakura reciprocated in kind, and we should have seen him receive a hero's welcome upon returning to Konoha... and eventually the very moment that Naruto was crowned Hokage with his friends watching with pride.

It was Naruto Uzumaki's story, and Kishimoto lost sight of that.  I just hope he fully realises what he's done and is feeling bad about it.

#37 Toby

Toby

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:29 AM

Naruto is what got me into fanfiction. 

The ending was unrealistic and I know a lot can happen in between Post-War and Chap 700, but those are all behind-the-scene stuff which are worthnothing compared to hundreds of narusaku chapters. 

I'm okay with NaruHina but I hate SasuSaku. 

She deserved better (I thought she'd stay alone like Tsunade since Hinata was in the lead, and Sasuke had Karin) 

And there was this scene, so Kishimoto obviously changed his mind at literally the last second.

tumblr_n0h8mwJPAa1rmkn2ko1_500.gif

#38 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:55 AM

No, not at all. Naruto is an important part of my childhood and helped me go one during a very difficult stage in my life when I was 11 back then.

At least Part 1 remains special to me. I honestly don't have too much to complain about Part 1.

What it did though is making me become a more pessimistic person when it comes to endings and ships. I've decided from now on to keep my expectations low for the end to protect myself from the horror that I had to go through with Naruto's ending.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#39 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 02:12 AM

If you ask me, this series is no more than a fanfiction. After the interview, this work of Kishi only has characters and their designs. And there, you go with your fanfic.

#40 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:39 AM

@trang
That is the risk of shipping.
Your pairing happen or other pairing happen or no pairing happen.
Only in naruto the most develop romantic pairing drop because popularity factor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users