• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

#1 Heartsbattle

Heartsbattle

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku...duh, Game of Thrones, DISNEYLAND!!!

And some other stuff...

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:37 PM

Hello All!

With Season 4 of Game of Thrones fast approaching I felt as though we needed a thread for it. I hope that there are some other fans of the show/books on this forum! Let's talk about our favorite or least favorite characters, or which ones we think are going to die! lol.

WARNING!!! This thread could have spoilers of previous seasons! So if you haven't watched the first 3 seasons you might want to stay away! Please use spoiler posts after new episodes come out!

Season 4 premeires on Sunday, April 6th!

got.jpg

ALL MEN MUST DIE!!!

#2 Heartsbattle

Heartsbattle

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

And some other stuff...

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:39 PM

To start us off here are some trailers for the upcoming season!!!

Edited by Heartsbattle, 25 March 2014 - 09:41 PM.

#3 Heartsbattle

Heartsbattle

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

And some other stuff...

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:55 PM

And Trailer 2!!!

#4 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:54 AM

Can't wait for season 4!

Some of my favorite characters are:

- Tyrion

- Arya

- Varys

- Jaime

- Jon

- Davos

- Jorah

- Syrio

- Jaqen

Tyrion being my #1 favorite.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#5 Heartsbattle

Heartsbattle

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

And some other stuff...

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:22 AM

Can't wait for season 4!

Some of my favorite characters are:

- Tyrion

- Arya

- Varys

- Jaime

- Jon

- Davos

- Jorah

- Syrio

- Jaqen

Tyrion being my #1 favorite.

^ my favorites. 

So mine looks like this;

-Tyrion (I think he's everyone's favorite)

-Ayra

-Jaime

-Ygritte

-Varys

-Onion Knight Davos

-Jaqen

-Gendry

-Jorah

-Shae

But I don't want to like any of them too much just in case...

I mean I had a bad enough time with the whole Ned thing. Sigh.

#6 Heartsbattle

Heartsbattle

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

And some other stuff...

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:24 AM

And here is trailer 3!!!

#7 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:59 AM

Tyrion Lannister and Daenerys Targaryen! Those two are my favourite.

However, I am really interested in Sansa's fate now. 

Jaime Lannister is growing on me =D 

#8 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:16 AM

My favorites are Tyrion (how predictable, right?), Arya and Danny.

I also like the storyline with Jon Snow, but I enjoy the other characters more.

got.jpg

ALL MEN MUST DIE!!!

Silly Jon, that's not a guitar. :lmao:

#9 Heartsbattle

Heartsbattle

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

And some other stuff...

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:54 AM

Tyrion Lannister and Daenerys Targaryen! Those two are my favourite.

However, I am really interested in Sansa's fate now. 

Jaime Lannister is growing on me =D 

Everyone loves Tyrion! Yay!!!

And I totally agree with you about Sansa. I use to think she was such a selfish brat, but now I worry about her so much!

Jamie got some redemption  in season 3 when he interacted with Brienne. I think everyone hates him less now. :)

My favorites are Tyrion (how predictable, right?), Arya and Danny.

I also like the storyline with Jon Snow, but I enjoy the other characters more.

Silly Jon, that's not a guitar. :lmao:

Go team Tyrion!!!

I think Jon's origin is going to make his story so compelling!

And I was looking for an official poster to post for the upcoming season but when I saw that I knew I had to use it!

Edited by Heartsbattle, 26 March 2014 - 08:15 AM.

#10 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:42 AM

STANNIS THE MANNIS  #1 

TiwTFox.gif

JLHza2T.png

#11 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:07 AM

Everyone loves Tyrion! Yay!!!

And I totally agree with you about Sansa. I use to think she was such a selfish brat, but now I worry about her so much!

Jamie got some reception in season 3 when he interacted with Brienne. I think everyone hates him less now. :)

Go team Tyrion!!!

I think Jon's origin is going to make his story so compelling!

And I was looking for an official poster to post for the upcoming season but when I saw that I knew I had to use it!

Hahaha, for both Sansa and Jaimie I never really hated them. It's just they grew on me, and yes you hit the nail right on the hand, his interaction with Brienne is great ;D 

Holy snap I didn't see Sansa and Tyrion getting married a thing. Now I know it's lame to do the whole 'is it just me?' thing, but Tyrion's lady love... I'm not crazy about her? She has her moments but I she's not very endearing to me I don't know. Not interested in her, I kind of wished she'd take the diamonds and leave to be honest. 

There's someone on youtube who I thought did a great job with exploring the history of the characters, especially for people who do not read the books like myself. I'd really appreciate if there wasn't too many big spoilers from the books (tag them please). Since I started watching without reading, I want to continue to be surprised like I was for the red wedding. I do certainly intend to read the books after, because I have a feeling no matter how much they try they're leaving out a lot of great stuff that gives even deeper insight. Anyways, here's this amusing person.

Targaryen

Hehehe... "Is it time for season two yet?" and that running toddler omg no stahp.

Lannister 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLXmhA0jVOI

Stark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hVrlvRXGxg

#12 neoshadow

neoshadow

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:31 AM

I think everyone's favourite character is Tyrion. Myself included.  :D

I also like Daenerys, Jaime and Samwell. They all have gone through some of the biggest changes and have found something that gives them strength and has made them a better person. Well as better person as someone in that world can be.

I cannot wait til the premiere of Season 4. Though having read the books I was more excited for Season 3 knowing that it was roughly half of Book 3 and couldn't wait to see people's reactions to certain events (you know which ones I'm talking about) but there's also more than enough in the second half that I can't wait to see in live action and to see how the fanbase reacts. Which is honestly half the fun.  :P

#13 Enkai

Enkai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:I like watching anime, reading manga, and watching TV shows.
    I also enjoy watching/playing football(soccer) and playing video games. I like coding and software development too, as well as having a interest in technology. Oh how can I forget drawing! Although I don't really do it as much now, used to love it as a kid.

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:36 AM

I was tempted not to look at trailer 3 in case of any spoilers, but couldn't help myself from checking it out, epic trailer. I'm all hyped up now can't wait for season 4 to start! :D

My top 3 favourite characters would probably have to be Tyrion (How predictable, nobody but Joffrey can hate this guy), Arya(Also a lot of people have as their second favourite, she just too epic) and then third has to Daenerys (Queen of the Dragons Yo!).

I have to say I don't like Sansa at all, I mean until all the deaths of the Starks she was just some piece crap annoying character, and now it's like who even cares lol Useless character. Bran and Rickon Stark are also interesting characters so it will be interesting to see what happens with them.

10wnpqp.jpg

#14 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:16 PM

My favourites are Sansa, Jaime, and Brienne. I also like Ygritte, Tyrion, and Dany. : )

Edited by sushi., 27 March 2014 - 12:41 AM.

ナルサク

#15 Helena

Helena

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, drawing, video games...Uh, so many things...

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:27 PM

Oh wow! Can't wait for season 4! 

I admit though, I enjoy the book sooo much more  :love:

My favs are Daenerys (GO GIRL!), Arya and Stannis  :happy:

waozuf.jpg

Can't wait!

#16 Heartsbattle

Heartsbattle

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

And some other stuff...

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:37 AM

I have a confession everyone...

I haven't read the books! :cry: Not one...

Hahaha, for both Sansa and Jaimie I never really hated them. It's just they grew on me, and yes you hit the nail right on the hand, his interaction with Brienne is great ;D

Holy snap I didn't see Sansa and Tyrion getting married a thing. Now I know it's lame to do the whole 'is it just me?' thing, but Tyrion's lady love... I'm not crazy about her? She has her moments but I she's not very endearing to me I don't know. Not interested in her, I kind of wished she'd take the diamonds and leave to be honest.

There's someone on youtube who I thought did a great job with exploring the history of the characters, especially for people who do not read the books like myself. I'd really appreciate if there wasn't too many big spoilers from the books (tag them please). Since I started watching without reading, I want to continue to be surprised like I was for the red wedding. I do certainly intend to read the books after, because I have a feeling no matter how much they try they're leaving out a lot of great stuff that gives even deeper insight. Anyways, here's this amusing person.

These videos are awesome!!! Thank you for sharing... So much makes sense now.

The group I watch GoT with, most of them have read the books so I get bits and pieces every once in a while but nothing like this.

I think everyone's favourite character is Tyrion. Myself included. :D

I also like Daenerys, Jaime and Samwell. They all have gone through some of the biggest changes and have found something that gives them strength and has made them a better person. Well as better person as someone in that world can be.

I cannot wait til the premiere of Season 4. Though having read the books I was more excited for Season 3 knowing that it was roughly half of Book 3 and couldn't wait to see people's reactions to certain events (you know which ones I'm talking about) but there's also more than enough in the second half that I can't wait to see in live action and to see how the fanbase reacts. Which is honestly half the fun. :P

I forgot about Samwell! How could I? He's just so lovable!

My ex recorded my reaction to that event. It was just in shock and kept asking, "What?!" He asked if I wanted a hug and I said, "Don't toch me! Just... What?!" lol! And of course there was tears... Gah!!! I can't handle it!

I was tempted not to look at trailer 3 in case of any spoilers, but couldn't help myself from checking it out, epic trailer. I'm all hyped up now can't wait for season 4 to start! :D

My top 3 favourite characters would probably have to be Tyrion (How predictable, nobody but Joffrey can hate this guy), Arya(Also a lot of people have as their second favourite, she just too epic) and then third has to Daenerys (Queen of the Dragons Yo!).

I have to say I don't like Sansa at all, I mean until all the deaths of the Starks she was just some piece crap annoying character, and now it's like who even cares lol Useless character. Bran and Rickon Stark are also interesting characters so it will be interesting to see what happens with them.

I get so excited when a new trailer comes out! I can't help but watch. The risk of spoilers isn''t enough to deter me.

I can't wait to see what Bran is going to do North of the wall. I hope its amazing!

My favourites are Sansa, Jaime and Brienne. I also like Ygritte, Tyrion, and Dany. : )

Agreed! All are awesome!

Ygritte is so awesome. I can't wait to see what happens with her and Jon.

Oh wow! Can't wait for season 4!

I admit though, I enjoy the book sooo much more :love:

My favs are Daenerys (GO GIRL!), Arya and Stannis :happy:

I need to read the books... sigh.

But I need to finish the series I am reading now before picking up another. Dilemna!

I didn't realize that so many like Stannis. I need to revisit his character and see why so many like him.

#17 Heartsbattle

Heartsbattle

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

And some other stuff...

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:52 AM

Here is another video for season 4. It has some cool behind the scenes information too!

The video is a little long but it is worth it!!!

#18 Heartsbattle

Heartsbattle

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

And some other stuff...

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:05 AM

Thought I would share this gem. :chuckle:

Oh Jaime!

Edited by Heartsbattle, 27 March 2014 - 01:05 AM.

#19 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:43 AM

I haven't read any of the books either lol.

I am curious about the love for Stannis, I won't lie. I really want to like him, but he hasn't really given any opportunities to be liked. I want to see the man Stannis used to be, the one Davos is so loyal to. Maybe we will, sooner or later.

But please, Stannis fans, share why you like him! I'm really interested in hearing why.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#20 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:52 AM

I haven't read any of the books either lol.

I am curious about the love for Stannis, I won't lie. I really want to like him, but he hasn't really given any opportunities to be liked. I want to see the man Stannis used to be, the one Davos is so loyal to. Maybe we will, sooner or later.

But please, Stannis fans, share why you like him! I'm really interested in hearing why.

Man it's hard to describe how awesome he is without spoiling anything from the books but I can probably think of a few things.

First off he's a certified badass, while Joffreys off hiding during the Battle of the Blackwater Stannis was fighting with his men chopping peoples heads in half. Second, he seems to be the only king who truly has the realm in mind rather than wealth and power. He's got an iron will and his sense of right and wrong are rarely swayed. He's also blunt and never afraid to cut someone down to size but also values a mans' achievements more than the fact he comes from a house with a lot of swords and will appoint the most able man to the position.

Not only that but even with the disastrous wildfire ambush he almost took King's Landing before the Tyrells showed up. Later on he is still widely regarded as a threat to all who are after the iron throne even with his minuscule resources and how much he has accomplished with it. I could go on for days but he just gets better and better as the story continues. You'll see a lot of great Stannis action this season though and should be able to see why he's the best. Although I'm not sure how well they'll portray him, so far it's been pretty different from the books. He looks like Mels kitten in the show where in the books it's clear he doesn't believe in gods and is only using her for power, also that he doesn't really want the throne but he is the rightful heir and duty bound to take it. He's also missing a lot of depth from the books that come from his relationship with his brothers etc and most of his dry wit is M.I.A. Going to stop myself now before I go full rant.

Also as a footnote I suggest everyone read the books they're so much more in-depth than the show and if you like the show you'll love the books. Plus you get to know whats going to happen :P

Edit: some cool none spoilery quotes about Stannis to prove how bad ass he is.

Ned found it hard to imagine what could frighten Stannis Baratheon, who had once held Storm's End through a year of siege, surviving on rats and boot leather while the Lords Tyrell and Redwyne sat outside with their hosts, banqueting in sight of his walls.

- Eddard Stark

There is no creature on earth half so terrifying as a truly just man.

- Varys

This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some.

- Tywin Lannister

His eyes were sunk in deep pits, his close-cropped beard no more than a shadow across his hollow cheeks and bony jawbone. Yet there was power in his stare, an iron ferocity that told Asha this man would never, ever turn back from his course.

- Asha Greyjoy

Edited by Muffins?, 27 March 2014 - 11:59 AM.

JLHza2T.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users