• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mistraal

Mistraal

Sakura's Personal Theorycrafter

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:Game Design, Writing, Anime, Tabletop RPGs, Video Games, Nerdity in all forms.

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:52 PM

...And I'm totally having anxiety attacks. Feel like I'm gonna puke. I had one earlier today and I've never been so damn insulted. Like I'm actually against affimative action but now I see why it has to be a thing. I totally wasn't taken seriously for a tech position in the interview because I'm female. What kind of mindkitten is that kitten. Then I get home and one of my male friends is having a fit about how I mentioned the other night that I'd "like to get kittenfaced right now" because I'm stressing hard and it said it was "attention whoring"

WTFFFFF??? So a guy can have a drink and he's just unwinding but I do it and I'm an attention whore. WTF IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE.

Sigh. I hope I get this job. I'm qualified and have the education I just with people would take me seriously. ;_;

tumblr_mn7ior22z51qgap4ho7_r1_500.png

So THAT'S how it is!!!!

#2 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Gym, Martial Arts, Property

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:25 PM

I'm not a woman, so I can only imagine the suspicion you feel you're placed under, but I'm sure it isn't as bad as it might seem. If you've been there for any great length of time, both they and yourself will/should know whether you're up to the task, and you're gender (BTW I thought you were 'not telling' :P) should have absolutely NO bearing on the decision. Of course, if you feel that's the case (and again, if you've been there for a couple years) you could take your case to the HR Dept. Little tip, if you feel you're being pressured out of a job, an ideal phrase to use if you brought this to HR is that '[you] feel [your] position is untennable'; it's almost bound to raise an alarm.

As for the drinking, there's got to be some pleasures in life, and we all like to take the edge off when we're feeling a little low, as long as it's in moderation, mind. :happy:

Either way, good luck with your interviews, hope it works out for you. :thumb:

If there's one thing I have learned In my short time on this Earth

Devotion should be owed not earned Only you determine what you're worth

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users