#21 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Apr 11 2012, 06:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've just been told that my Aunt, my mother's youngest sister, passed away this morning. Aunt Karly, I don't know if you can hear this. I'm not a believer, and I don't know if I ever will be again. But if you can hear this, I know that I've said some mean things about you. I'm sorry. I have always loved you, and I always will. You were always my cool aunt when I was a kid, and you were the best babysitter ever. I promise now that I will do everything in my power to achieve my dreams in this life. I will make you proud.

I feel no emotion about this, and this is disturbing to me. The pills and the cynicism has taken that away from me. But I will never forget you. Wherever you are, your suffering is over now. Rest in peace. I will always love you.

Keep your word. That's all you can do now. smile.gif My grandmother passed away with out hearing how much she meant to me, and I was kinda mean too cause she had Alzheimer's disease and kept frequently pestering me to do things and calling me every 5 minutes, so I can relate.

Edited by Phantom_999, 12 April 2012 - 01:19 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#22 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, you have my condolences. sad.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#23 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:40 AM

Thanks, you guys. She was my mom's baby sister. She was only 40. She was too young for this. And we watched it happen, we watched her slide toward this day. We should have had an intervention.
On the morning of Wednesday, April 11th, 2012, my Aunt Karla passed away. She was my mother's baby sister, and my coolest aunt when I was a kid. She was the best babysitter ever, and she was like an older sister to me.

Karly, I don't know if you can hear this. I am not a believer, I haven't been since Sheryl died. But if you can, I want you to know that I'm truly sorry for everything bad I've ever said about you. When you were suffering, I should have been there to help you. I should have visited. I should have encouraged you to leave the house and get a job, to be active and alive the way you used to be.

I promise that I will do everything that I can to be successful and a good person, to make you proud the way you would have wanted me to. No matter what I said, I loved you. And I will always love you. Rest in Peace, you will never be forgotten.

#24 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:26 PM

They say that the purpose of meditation is to clear your thoughts, to empty your mind and center your chakra. Or whatever. So maybe this is just the opposite. I find that writing out my thoughts puts things in perspective at times, or at least gives me some sort of objective out-of-body experience. Something about putting my thoughts on paper distances me from my problems and concerns, sorta like watching them from the safety of a shark cage. (How safe are shark cages, anyway?)

Maybe that's what makes Facebook and all its analogs so popular, even to those of us who expect no responses. Maybe speaking into the darkness is more about speaking to yourself, making your thoughts a little more matter-of-fact, a little more concrete. Maybe the whole Facebook thing is some kind of self-affirmation, and maybe not about shameless exhbitionism. Or maybe it is, I don't know. I can't imagine what kind of perspective can be gained from a post like "I like bagels. That is all. smile.gif" Is anyone even reading this?
So....hm....girls. Been asking myself a lot of questions lately, questions in equal shares of stupid and eyebrow-raising. One of those questions is, "Why do I want a girlfriend, yet don't give the slightest damn about one night stands?" I actually had to dig deep for an answer on that one, and I'm still not even sure I've got it. I'm most certainly not a people person. I mean, the idea of me being a people person is laughable. I hate people, I really do. Yet, for some reason, walking through life alone still sucks.

My typical answer to that question, I come to find, is usually a lot of "white knight" garbage I want a girl to care for, someone for whom I can be a hero. You know, the kind of crap that would make most guys laugh and most girls scoff and roll their eyes. Pathetic, I know. Pipe dreams, half-baked Hollywood pseudo-reality through rose tinted glasses. It doesn't happen, but it doesn't make me want it any less. In fact, just the opposite. Same reason I'm sure the screening of Titanic 3D will sell out.

Now that I think about it, though, I think that the answer is even more impulsive and primitive than that. It boils down to this: social disorders are a royal pain, especially the bipolar variety. Makes you socially paranoid and dramatic. You start to think that the world hates you, or can only like you for what you appear to be rather than what you actually are. So, you think of love, and you find that it's the most biologically objective and emotionally subjective form of social interaction. You fall into the reasoning that to find love is to find true acceptance, which settles that whole inner debate once and for all.

But how much does that suck, though? I mean, what girl wants to hear that she's just the decryption key to your messed up cipher of a social perspective? That same Hollywood fantasy epitomizes the idea of being someone's everything, and having someone who can be your everything. But no one wants that; no one wants to be that one rock to keep you grounded. Nobody wants to think of a relationship as a responsibility, and I don't blame them. The idea is just creepy, to say the least. But the fact is that it's why we're here; we're all instictively bound to the desire of finding that one compatible mate, that one person willing to see everything through to the end with us.

Even so, I can't confidently say that that's all there is to it. I mean, if that was the case, anybody with even the slightest bit of interest should be able to fit the bill, right? But they don't. We're picky, and we should be. And not even just physically. Some say we should settle, but it's never what we want. I am an artist, so I want a girl with an artistic spirit. I am a deep thinker, so I want a girl who does the same (I mean, it makes for good conversation, after all). I was a high school goth, and I'm still a bit sardonic at heart, so I want a girl with a darkside and a cynical streak like mine. And I'm sure there are a million other metrics that could make or break the deal, but I can't think of any more right off hand. And then, once I think I have all of that figured out, I meet a girl who is just the opposite of most of that that rocks my world?

So, I guess the bottom line is.... I don't know a damn thing. I have no idea what to do. And the funny thing is, in spite of what a complex issue it seems to be, I'm positive that I'm overthinking it. But that's what I do. That's who I am. There's a solution out there somewhere, I'm sure. But maybe I should just stop looking for it.

You know what sucks? Having a large, powerful, expensive laptop with an OS problem and no restore disk. Then it's just a large, powerful, expensive paperweight. Are you still reading this?

I should get a new sketch pad. I'm getting rusty, and my drawings are getting sloppy.

Well, I don't expect any responses. Like I said, I'm just talking into the dark like the rest of us. Wrote this for me more than you, whoever you are. And if you did read this, well... that's a few minutes of your life you're not gonna get back. Sorry. tongue.gif
On the morning of Wednesday, April 11th, 2012, my Aunt Karla passed away. She was my mother's baby sister, and my coolest aunt when I was a kid. She was the best babysitter ever, and she was like an older sister to me.

Karly, I don't know if you can hear this. I am not a believer, I haven't been since Sheryl died. But if you can, I want you to know that I'm truly sorry for everything bad I've ever said about you. When you were suffering, I should have been there to help you. I should have visited. I should have encouraged you to leave the house and get a job, to be active and alive the way you used to be.

I promise that I will do everything that I can to be successful and a good person, to make you proud the way you would have wanted me to. No matter what I said, I loved you. And I will always love you. Rest in Peace, you will never be forgotten.

#25 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:42 PM

Hahaha, well... I'm sure that most of the things I read are not a waste of my minutes; and I have to admit that I like this latest entry. A bit... raw, to say it like that? Yes! But you are right when you mention topics like facebook, true love vs. fantasy love, and the responsibility of a relationship (Oh, ad the bagel comment made me chuckle a bit).

I usually wondered a lot about teh concept of love and about the fact that sometimes, these phrases conveys a certain truth:

"Boys fall in love with their eyes and Girls fall in love with their ears."

"Being lovable is essentially a mixture between being popular and having sex appeal."

"Love is often nothing but a favorable exchange between two people who get the most of what they can expect, considering their value on the personality market."

Maybe that's the reason why I love Erich Fromm and his book "The Art of Loving" so much.

But you know... even though I thought that I would be a loner for the rest of my life (hence my username and wolves: displayed as lone creatures despite hanging in packs), suddenly someone appeared and changed that fact. Thus I had to admit that life is full of surprises and that there are all kinds of people, even those who can make you fall for them. happy.gif

Anyway, I apologize if anything I wrote here sounds offensive, or even naive in some way. I guess my efforts to be kind are just not enough to let people know that there's still hope out there. Like a certain phrase from a movie: "Do you want to see a miracle? Be the miracle!".

#26 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (Shadow Wolf @ Apr 17 2012, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hahaha, well... I'm sure that most of the things I read are not a waste of my minutes; and I have to admit that I like this latest entry. A bit... raw, to say it like that? Yes! But you are right when you mention topics like facebook, true love vs. fantasy love, and the responsibility of a relationship (Oh, ad the bagel comment made me chuckle a bit).

I usually wondered a lot about teh concept of love and about the fact that sometimes, these phrases conveys a certain truth:

"Boys fall in love with their eyes and Girls fall in love with their ears."

"Being lovable is essentially a mixture between being popular and having sex appeal."

"Love is often nothing but a favorable exchange between two people who get the most of what they can expect, considering their value on the personality market."

Maybe that's the reason why I love Erich Fromm and his book "The Art of Loving" so much.

But you know... even though I thought that I would be a loner for the rest of my life (hence my username and wolves: displayed as lone creatures despite hanging in packs), suddenly someone appeared and changed that fact. Thus I had to admit that life is full of surprises and that there are all kinds of people, even those who can make you fall for them. happy.gif

Anyway, I apologize if anything I wrote here sounds offensive, or even naive in some way. I guess my efforts to be kind are just not enough to let people know that there's still hope out there. Like a certain phrase from a movie: "Do you want to see a miracle? Be the miracle!".

Haha. biggrin.gif No, your reply pretty much encompasses observations up to this point. The thing is, it doesn't really matter if it's naive or not. These are things not dwelt upon logically or reasonably (except by lunatics like me. tongue.gif ) So, the first response that comes to mind is usually the truth.

#27 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:35 AM

Having a broken tooth sucks. Having a broken tooth in the front of your mouth sucks worse. Every bite bites, every breath sucks, every drink is an adventure. pinch.gif

#28 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Apr 18 2012, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Having a broken tooth sucks. Having a broken tooth in the front of your mouth sucks worse. Every bite bites, every breath sucks, every drink is an adventure. pinch.gif

I feel your pain.

#29 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE (Dragunov @ Apr 19 2012, 07:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I feel your pain.

Don't go to Comfort Dental. Ever. Biggest false advertising statement I've ever heard. Unless their idea of comfort is crowns that break and pulling bone fragments from your gums because they do such a crappy job of pulling teeth.

#30 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

You see this thing? This is called a Miller Moth. And it is the scourge of Colorado in the summer. Every year, it's an invasion during this season. They are everywhere. And if you can't see them, open and close a door, or turn on a bright light, and you will be overwhelmed. Their job is to land and die in the most disgusting places possible. In your clothes, in your cereal boxes, on your toothbrush, on your furniture, on the floor for you to step on, where your dog can eat them, in that one place that you're used to reaching into in the faith that you won't touch/crush a kittening dead miller moth. You walk outside in the morning, and there is a grey cloud of these things in the air. So many of them hit your window it sounds like rainfall. I hate these things. I hate them so damn much. I swear, I'm considering moving just so I don't have to deal with another season of these things.

Look at this!!!! th_cussing.gif

#31 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

That, my friend, is very annoying. I had it happen with another type of insects and is definitely not good (in my case, I truly dislike it when I have my laptop on in the dark. My screen becomes the victim of bugs and it leaves me with no other choice than to turn off my laptop)

That aside, is there some way to "get rid" of them (like a bug zapper or something)?

#32 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE (Shadow Wolf @ Apr 24 2012, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That, my friend, is very annoying. I had it happen with another type of insects and is definitely not good (in my case, I truly dislike it when I have my laptop on in the dark. My screen becomes the victim of bugs and it leaves me with no other choice than to turn off my laptop)

That aside, is there some way to "get rid" of them (like a bug zapper or something)?

A bug zapper can contribute, but it's not enough. I'm serious, it's a legion of them every year. Hundreds of thousands in the air on my street alone. Thousands around my house. I don't know where the hell they all come from. But they're back, like clockwork, every year.

#33 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

Ugh, it reminds me of the mosquitoes (except that mosquitoes spend their time sucking your blood out all year). *slaps himself in the ankle and kills a mosquito*

Anyway, I think the supermarkets and the local stores will be earning their monthly goal on products to kill these bugs, right? laugh.gif sweat.gif

#34 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (Shadow Wolf @ Apr 24 2012, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ugh, it reminds me of the mosquitoes (except that mosquitoes spend their time sucking your blood out all year). *slaps himself in the ankle and kills a mosquito*

Anyway, I think the supermarkets and the local stores will be earning their monthly goal on products to kill these bugs, right? laugh.gif sweat.gif

There really aren't any products to kill these things. You know, other than a shoe. Or a dog. lol

#35 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:30 AM

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Apr 19 2012, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't go to Comfort Dental. Ever. Biggest false advertising statement I've ever heard. Unless their idea of comfort is crowns that break and pulling bone fragments from your gums because they do such a crappy job of pulling teeth.

Yeah the advertising should say Sorry nor professionals; they SUCK dry.gif

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Apr 24 2012, 07:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There really aren't any products to kill these things. You know, other than a shoe. Or a dog. lol

I have a GOOD OL trusty FLY SWATTER cool.gif

#36 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:41 PM

This is the closest I've ever come to a real chance at being happy. I feel ecstatic and sick all at the same time. Smiling, and on the verge of tears. Please don't let this be another disappointment. I don't pray, but I'm hoping as hard as I possibly can. ermm.gif

#37 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:34 PM

Which is?

#38 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Jul 14 2012, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which is?

PMed.

#39 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:30 PM

Ok, so I guess there was no chance there after all. False alarm. T_T

#40 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:42 PM

Been a while since I thought about suicide this much....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users