212 replies to this topic

#41 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:21 AM

I'm really glad he finally met his mom and that we learned more about her and why she disappeared, but this was seriously a discussion written like that between a daughter and her mother... all so Kishi could explain how she met Minato. dry.gif I mean really, that's one of the things he wanted to ask his mother?

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#42 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:24 AM

Usually the Naruto chapters have been average lately, but damn this chapter definitely redeemed the other chapters, this was by far the best chapter in the series and finally getting to see some of Kushina's history was great too. I definitely had to lol when Naruto said he mother was hot. tongue.gif And judging from the way Kushina was able to subdue the Kyuubi that easily means she's not as weak as we all thought she was at first and I got to wonder what's so special about her chakra that some of the Cloud nins wanted to steal her and that's probably why the Third did protect Naruto like he did because he's probably got some of that special chakra too. I wonder if it will come into play in the future chapters?

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#43 Raiya

Raiya

Rogue Shinobi

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:24 AM

A single chapter has reminded me of why I fell in love with the manga to begin with.

Comedy, tragedy, action and romance all rolled into one..

Kishi is finally back on track smile.gif as a result, I should be around the forum more often. I missed that sense of anticipation for the next chapter! I can't wait to see what happens next!

#44 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:36 AM

Awesome chapter, and now it introduces 2 more questions, hopefully one of which will be answered by chapter 500.

First, why is her chakra special?

Second, where is she now? Dead? Merged into the seal?

#45 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:38 AM

OMFG!!! This one was a hit! wow.png Like mother like son, eh? wink.gif

(Now let's hope Naruto have a family reunion with both parents and we'll be in tears, just to see how happy he is of having his family there).

The only thing I'm questioning about is Kushina's hair length... I mean, her hair is like LONG as hell... all the way down to the legs, near the ankles... hmm... maybe her hair has something to do with her special chakra, looking at the panel where she beat up the boys for calling her "Tomato", it was all flaring upwards.

And Kishimoto pull a color theory: Red + Yellow = Orange

Now, I just hope before she pull an Minato exit via Kishi, she'll mention something that catch Naruto off-guard (mentioning of Sakura as his girlfriend, and grandkids wink.gif )

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#46 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:43 AM

I can't wait till this chapter is animated!

Looking at how short Kushina was when she was kidnapped (but both she and Minato had headbands, so they were definitely Genin) they must have only been about 10 years old- shortly after becoming Genin. I wonder who Kushina's sensei was... Minato's face also looks like he couldn't be any older than 12-13. I bet he was just 10-11 years old. Shows how impressive he already was- got Kushina away from Cloud ninja as only a Genin! I'm sure once Minato got her arms free Kushina was also a big part of her own rescue as well though, but still two young Genin vs adult Cloud ninja!
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#47 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:54 AM

So if Naruto compliments Sakura about her again "forehead" she'll fall in love with him instead of punching him in the face? Honesty complimenting on someone's hair is a nice gesture compared to forehead.

#48 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:54 AM

Great chap, I'm glad Naruto has now gotten to meet both of his parents, I'm liking the development to what looks like the final stages of his character here.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#49 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:03 AM

Nothing beats a Mother/Son bonding time, this would explain why it was more emotional than Naruto meeting his father. I just hope that all three will meet for the first time eventually smile.gif

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#50 soot-r

soot-r

Deva Path

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:59 AM

One of my favorite chapters by far. And everything has been said about the similarities between NaruSaku and MinatoKushina. But I want to know about the special chakra.

#51 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:31 AM

well have to see on that but I have my theory.

As Yamato mentioned the reaosn Naruto is able to handle the foxes poisonous chakra is the and im quoting/paraphrasing here. "the strength of his own chakra."

There is also narutos aptitude with the Shadow clone jutsu which i grant can be attributed to the fox, but and i theorize this base on the fight with gaara. He created a massive vortex of Blue((IE non kyubi)) chakra before creating 2000 clones, then seemingly without chakra he saw Sakuras face and again ((no kyubi chakra)) summoned Gamabunta.

it was only after the combiend transformation that he finally called on the foxes chakra and beat Gaara.

around then Kakashi mentioned that Naruto had at least 3 times more chakra then he did.

3 times more chakra then even an exceptional jonin should not have alllowed the creaton of even 100 shadow clones much less 2000.

So i therefore theorize with some manga evidence and Kushinas statement about ""special Chakra"" as a reference. that both Naruto and Kushina share the same type of Chakra.

In essence what this chakra is is sort of a Chakra Rocket fuel. Its purer and richer and more potent than regular chakra.

so for example using a scale of 1-10 1 being a jutsu that uses minimal chakra ((henge, kawarimi etc)) 3 being more chakra ((tree or water walking healing justus)) 5 medium chakra usuage ((Gokakyu, shadow clones etc)) and 7 high chakra useage ((Rasengan)), 10 maximum chakra usage ((Shinra tensei ((city buster version))

A person like Kakashi would use a third of his chakra to create a shadow clone and make ti mobile and able to use jutsu. Naruto on the other hand gets more bang for his chakra so for that same third of his chakra he can egt hundreds of Shadow clones and is capable of creating more.

in essence Naruto and Kushina have a chakra thats extremely potent. It enables them to use high powered jutsus that would exhaust a normal person quickly but in their case they could keep going.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#52 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:54 AM

I have to say like everyone, this was a truly awesome chapter. I'd endure another medley of Sasuke chapters if Kishi could put out another chapter such as this. Truly amazing and makes me glad I've stuck with the series so long.

I have one more comment to make. I noticed everyone made inquires about Kushina's special chakra. I'm thinking we might find out next chapter when Naruto finally deals with the Kyuubi. I think maybe Momma will be lending a hand after all.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#53 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:21 AM

I'm pretty sure I read all the posts and I'm surprised I haven't seen a mention of page 8 yet. We all know it talks about Kushina's special chakra but @Catsi I don't think It's booster chakra but something different. As I said on page 8 the chains that trap Kyuubi instantly stop the transformation but the Kyuubi even knows Kushina's name! Pretty interesting maybe Naruto has purifying chakra emoticon_monocle.gif. Other then that awesome chapter Kushina is smexy tongue.gif

JLHza2T.png

#54 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:48 AM

Totally awesome chapter, gotta love the first time of meeting a parent.

#55 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:53 AM

About Kushina's chakra, I think she doesn't have the ability to control Bijuus like Shodai did. But rather, being able to withstand the evil chakra that Bijuu's chakra have. As for the chains, it might have been Minato's doing. He designed it so that Kushina's chakra in the seal would automatically suppress Kyuubi's chakra thanks to a sealing formula he created (similar to the suppressing paper formula Jiraya once gave to Kakashi).

Since Kushina's chakra can withstand a Bijuu's, what would happen if that chakra was used in conjunction with a sealing jutsu designed to control Bijuus?? you get the idea. Basically, it's like this: Kushina's chakra CAN be used to suppress a Bijuu's chakra. But it needs a sealing jutsu as a medium. Kushina can't just use her chakra like that.

As for it being a Kekkei Genkai, it could be like that, but it's nothing overly amazing. Like the Nara clan's shadow Jutsu for example.

Or, Naruto doesn't have Kushina's chakra, but rather thanks to the seal that had Kushina's chakra in it that Naruto is able to withstand it.

I just hope the latter is the answer because if Naruto had a Kekkei Genkai, I feel it would cheapen his character.

BTW, I just love the major irony in this chapter. Kumo attempted in capturing Kushina a long time ago, And now Kumo is actually helping Naruto in this training. Plus, Kumo had a hand in such an INDIRECT way about Naruto's birth.

Delegating with Kumo is going to be a bit harder now that Naruto knows that they attempted to kidnap his mother. If the Raikage (Ei) wasn't the one who ordered it, it means that the Sandaime Raikage was the one responsible. Also, if Ei had no direct involvement or whatsover with it, It will be a bit easier for Naruto. But however, I am a bit disappointed that Kishi didn't show any hints about Kumo knowing the Uzumaki name. Ei didn't even flinch from it. Maybe he had only come across information about that mission in the archives during his early years of rule, therefore he forgot.

I can sort of see Naruto berating Ei about it but also saying something like: "Power isn't something you steal, it's something that you gain through guts and determination. You give up too easy in trying to obtain it. True power lies within yourself".

This will mark the end of Kumo's shady dealings in learning ninjutsu. After this war, I can see that Ei dies in the end and Bii replaces him and forming a sort of letter of apology. Why?? because Bii will be the one most affected by Naruto's words. I sort of see Bii as a reformist. The fact that Kishi made Bii a rapper hints about the reformation of Kumo. Why?? a lot of musicians in the real world tends to have reformist thinking. Kishi made a lot of things in the story that makes it similar to our world.

The 5 shinobi countries=UN SC
Pain's ideals=Cold war
Konoha's view on Pain=Terrorists but Pain views himself as warriors of Justice.
etc....

That's why it wouldn't be too farfetched that Bii will reform Kumo. Even Hachibi hinted at it.

Ciardha was totally right about Kushina, she's an even worse version of Sakura. I also think that out of the Konoha 11's parents, Shikaku is the one that closely knows about Minato & Kushina. I also believe Shikamaru has heard of Kushina's nickname at some occasions from his dad. Kushina's name is quite the legend itself among Konoha's men.

Edited by Newkerz, 10 June 2010 - 02:41 PM.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#56 narukunsakuchan

narukunsakuchan

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:00 AM

You know what I realized? Naruto is inside his mind inside his mind. How weird is that? I wonder how many layers he has.
He is her earth, her foundation upon which to grow, and she is his heaven, his peace and tranquilty and also his reason to shoot for the stars.

#57 untold62

untold62

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:03 AM

I have to second everyone and say this chapter is just epic. The mother-son moment is at it's peak and it is just greatly put by Kishimoto. I like as well the "red string of fate" mention which brought Minato and Kushina together. It really shows that Kishimoto wants to keep the manga as traditional as he can while he puts in modernism, therefore we can expect even more riddle talking or proverbs in the near future as Kushina and Naruto dig deeper in their talk. I sence there is an inevitable talk about Naruto's personal life...Kushina stated that they would have a long talk so it's like 50% possible that they would talk about his life as well.( How ironic would be if Kishi prepares this for chapter 500). I predict the next chapter to be more direct talking about Naruto's career and all.

On another note, MinaKushi and NaruSaku just rule! Kishi made this so obvious that he showed how Minato and Kushina met because I am sure that Naruto could have asked more serious questions.

Edited by untold62, 10 June 2010 - 07:23 AM.

#58 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:58 AM

The best and the most thrilling of all chapters! I almost cried! So sweet... Shippu-chan updated her signature with my favorite moment of this chapter whatthekitten.gif

#59 narukunsakuchan

narukunsakuchan

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:07 AM

Ok here is a poll, how many people here cried or at least got a little choked up when you seen the scene between kushina and Naruto. For me, that was a nice turning point as he was able to know a mothers love for the first time in his life. And I am going to be one of the first to admit I cried when I seen what happened
He is her earth, her foundation upon which to grow, and she is his heaven, his peace and tranquilty and also his reason to shoot for the stars.

#60 Sherry

Sherry

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku of course!

Posted 10 June 2010 - 12:01 PM

I love this chapter and this is my first time being freak of a chapter with no narusaku things in it. I love Naruto's very-bright-grin too, seems it had been long time since I saw it.
Reading this chapter, I realize a difference between Kushina and Sakura. Yes, they're teased in their childhood. But, Kushina was very tough girl. She fought back those who teased her, whereas Sakura could only cry, in the past. Maybe now Sakura got braveness to punch whoever dares to tease her large forehead?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users