Close
Photo

From a writing standpoint, what exactly is the appeal of Naruto and Hinata?

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#21 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:37 PM

There is no writing stand point. It doesn't fulfill anything story wise and anything people say about this series just proves the point of the writing authenticity.

"This is not a romance manga"
Then NH is irrelevant to the plot. The point of these two getting together has no point whatsoever BECAUSE it is not a romance manga. It doesn't advance the plot if they do get together and this is why it all happens more or less in the end off screen. The NH fans want to believe that NH was some ultimate goal, but it doesn't. It is a fan wank and fan appeal.

You can basically say that Naruto gets with any girl and as long as they produce a child, then that is all the fulfillment it has. It just so happens they want Hinata because "fans wanted it and they felt sorry for her." Being Hinata was never Naruto's dream so you can't say it was part of Naruto's ultimate goal and Hinata never gave something to Naruto that no one else did. This is why when people say that Hinata gave Naruto what he wanted is complete and utter bull because what Naruto wanted was just to not be the outcast and he got that LOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG before Hinata even did anything.

NH fans want to play with the idea that since Hinata loved Naruto since the beginning that this is why they were meant to be, but again Naruto was in the dark about it for a long time and practically ignored it when he did find out. Which means her love was NEVER essential to the plot.

The whole thing is a gimmick all because a few people in this world "thought they look good together."

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#22 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:57 PM

There is no writing stand point. It doesn't fulfill anything story wise and anything people say about this series just proves the point of the writing authenticity.

"This is not a romance manga"
Then NH is irrelevant to the plot. The point of these two getting together has no point whatsoever BECAUSE it is not a romance manga. It doesn't advance the plot if they do get together and this is why it all happens more or less in the end off screen. The NH fans want to believe that NH was some ultimate goal, but it doesn't. It is a fan wank and fan appeal.

You can basically say that Naruto gets with any girl and as long as they produce a child, then that is all the fulfillment it has. It just so happens they want Hinata because "fans wanted it and they felt sorry for her." Being Hinata was never Naruto's dream so you can't say it was part of Naruto's ultimate goal and Hinata never gave something to Naruto that no one else did. This is why when people say that Hinata gave Naruto what he wanted is complete and utter bull because what Naruto wanted was just to not be the outcast and he got that LOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG before Hinata even did anything.

NH fans want to play with the idea that since Hinata loved Naruto since the beginning that this is why they were meant to be, but again Naruto was in the dark about it for a long time and practically ignored it when he did find out. Which means her love was NEVER essential to the plot.

The whole thing is a gimmick all because a few people in this world "thought they look good together."

That was so well said James.

It's this reason alone that I strongly believe he won't be trusted when it comes to whatever series he does next because it all draw back to how he handled things in Naruto, and at the very least we are smart enough to take that into account. So we won't be fooled twice when it comes to whatever outcome occurs in his next series cause it'll be like "oh and that's not new he pulled this before too".. I mean there's always a saying that people can learn from their mistakes, but with Kishi my doubts have growing since that ending. 

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#23 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:24 PM

Basically it all goes to show that Kishi just keeps contradicting himself ever since the ending. In fact, I was thinking that if you swap Sakura's and Hinata's names in his last interview, it begins to make some sense (Sakura being planned and Hinata coming later, never being meant to be a pairing fodder), but I may be going off topic here...

Basically it all boils down to a failed marketing strategy, for SS had the biggest fan base (hence a shift in focus to Sasuke) and SP's love for Hinata combined with the reasons you stated above made them believe that this strategy would be successful.

What makes matters worse is the fact that virtually every character's dreams and goals got destroyed in the process (if you think about it, even Naruto's dream of being a real Hokage got destroyed. After all, he never brought peace, never changed the different family systems and traditions -like the Hyuuga Head-Branch family tradition- and, despite him telling Pain that he would never change, he did change into a hollow shell of his past self) and the "new generation" has no appeal whatsoever to the grand majority of the people who used to read Naruto. In the end, almost any other manga could be more successful than Naruto if they do a proper story along with proper pairings. Heck, even Slam Dunk -which left the ending open for interpretation- possesses a better overall "pairings" side story than Naruto.

Edited by Shadow Wolf, 25 February 2017 - 09:26 PM.

#24 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 26 February 2017 - 12:54 AM

From a writing standpoint NaruHina still makes no sense.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#25 milan kyuubi

milan kyuubi

YATO

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts
  • Interests:Nothing.....somthing.....dunno.......

Posted 26 February 2017 - 02:25 AM

No it doesn't from any point of view. But since Kishi can't stop putting foot in his mouth he made it impossible to salvage anything.

I'm glad you wrote that bit about Draco and Hermione which is one of my fav pairings on the HP fandom. I love Harry and Hermione too but I always thought Draco and Hermione as a couple would have much more to offer than Ron and Hermione. From a writing standpoint Dramione could be amazing. Two people from different worlds, one prejudiced and the other not. It's like star-crossed lovers, if you know what I mean. I would type more but I'm on my phone. 

This! Since JK made prejudice one of the major themes in her universe. I always thought if she had made D/H happen. Would be very powerful statement.

Though in the case of SS, Zuko and Katara at least have the defense of having an entire episode of interacting with one another to build off of. SS doesn't even have that.

I know many NS fans take issue with that comic, but I for one don't have a problem with it. Sakura is rough with Naruto all the time, often played to a comedic effect. No different than Nami is with Luffy, ChiChi is with Goku or how Anna is with Yoh (Shaman King). Sakura's tsundere's elements are good thing; she's always been hot blooded, which makes their interactions a lot more interesting to read.

Zuko and Katara have a very strong established friendship. If the series lasted more. Zoko/Katara would be ok from writing standpoint.

Yoh? :lol: Anna took it to the next lvl with Hao (Zeke)! :lmao:

Yp330yZ.gif

#26 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 26 February 2017 - 03:33 AM

There's zero appeal. (Unless you want to go for the generic hentai appeal or classic boring af 'perfect' fairy tale)

They're a boring pair. They don't play off each other. They're uninteresting to watch. People only care about Hinaturd in this situation. What SHE wants.  Because she's 'beautiful' (not really) and has big boobs and is super submissive and shy and 'nice' and 'so pure and devoted' and she should get what she wants. 

My response:

I get it, you want your perfect 'hime' who is sexy and submissive and kind and a total mary-sue (the last, anyone?) but that's not how the world works and good writing barfs at her kind of character. Not like they care. 

NH has no chemistry and no appeal. The only appeal they could have is "THEY SO KUTE TOGETHR". Every other 'reason' is based on the fan's personal preference. Not from a storytelling preference or anything like that.

Naruto isn't allowed to be himself around Hinaturd just like Sakura isn't allowed to be herself around Sasuke.
Two of the bigger flaws in the two pairings. NH turns Naruto into a huge scumbag and SS turns Sakura into her 12 year old fangirl self.
But obviously the shipping goggles are cutting of the fan's blood circulation to the brain and the goggles themselves are thicker than even the strongest of telescopes. They wouldn't even dream of considering that to be true and will deny it until the end of time unless they pry those goggles off.

Edited by Moon_Girl, 26 February 2017 - 03:36 AM.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#27 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:34 AM

Sometimes the most perfect people....are ones that don't seem perfect at all.

In an ironic twist, if you wasn't to think about this, the idea that Hinata is perfect and flawless is what makes her an imperfect character with flaws.

It is flawed to be perfect because no one is ever flawless.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#28 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 07:14 AM

Obviously I'm here, so I'm not a fan of the end. However, there is some really intense Hinata bashing in here that is unfortunate because it's in the same vein as Sakura bashing that we often decry as unfair.

As NS fans, we tended to expect the best in terms of development for Sakura and what we like about her was where she was going and could have gone, not where she ended up. I was SUPER invested in her becoming a badass medic ninja, being a boss leader, coming to terms with her interpersonal relationships, etc. But not everyone reading Naruto cared about her development.

If you were not especially invested in Sakura and didn't particularly care about where her character was going, you would not think of all the nice things that she could be. A friend of mine explained to me that her criticisms of Sakura stem from how her character on the whole appears in the canon work. It's difficult to divorce our high opinion of her from our preferences and years of fanon speculation. But, looking at her character at the end, she's AWFUL. BUT THAT'S NOT HER FAULT. It's Kishi's, his staff's, Jump's, and Pierro's. They opted for completely screwing over any sort of meaningful plot in order to prolong an action manga.

I find Hinata's bland ending just as sad as Sakura's because she had just as much potential to be a badass leader. But in the end, she's boring as hell and sidelined for a bizarre attempt at het SasuNaru and a continuation of the warlordy bs that plagued the original work. She's a fictional character, but again being boring isn't her fault. It's writers who dropped the ball. I happened to also think a lot about where Hinata was going and could have gone as far as being a mover and shaker of Konoha, but that's not very common in the NS community.

From a writing standpoint, NH could have been appealing as a ship if developed, but as it is, it's only appealing to people who are fans of Hinata and use NH as a way to put her in the spotlight more often or for those who don't mind that the development was skipped over because they already have their headcanons about it. I'm not gonna start a riot over it though. Different strokes for different folks.

tl;dr Disappointed in the ending, but not surprised that it happened and Hinata also gets the short end of the stick (like every other female TBH), so let's not be too hypocritical here.

giphy.gif

tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#29 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:44 AM

Obviously I'm here, so I'm not a fan of the end. However, there is some really intense Hinata bashing in here that is unfortunate because it's in the same vein as Sakura bashing that we often decry as unfair.

Die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Problem with Sakura bashing is that it really is baseless. I mean, this is a fandom that wanted so bad for her to get with Sasuke and now that she is...they bash her saying that she is a horrible character. Do you see the problem with this logic? You give the fandom what you think is exactly what they want...and yet, all they do is bash the character despite them getting what they want out of her. That is unfair. What is also unfair is when their favorite character does the exact same things and yet deemed godly while other females characters get called names.

Honestly, I don't think we are hypocrites for bashing Hinata. Sure, it might be against the rules, but I don't think it makes us hypocrites.

Personally, I am done being nice to these people and to this character. Especially when all this series does is keep doing the wrong thing over and over again. When these characters keep getting worse and worse and worse. If Hinata is a victim in all this, then all she is is suffering from all the recoil that her damage has caused. Her own fandom is he cause of the demise of the manga and the ruining of a story that should have been the next generation Dragonball Z, but it wasn't. She has shown that the anime fandom....these neo-weeaboos....put even older weeaboos to shame because all they see is sex appeal and fetishes.

Hinata is literally the root of all evil....and her fandom are her satanic followers.

Bashing or calling it like it is? Everyone can think and feel what they want, but I just don't have any sympathy for Hinata as a character anymore....and anything she gets from now on....is merely a product of the toxic waste she has spread.

We have to remember that all of this...everything we hate about this series now....Naruto's character being ruined, Sakura being reduced to nothing, Sasuke being completely irrelevant...and so much more....was literally the product of Hinata's character getting her way. So bashing her, criticizing her, whatever you want to call it....I feel is just completely justifiable.

And having the moral superiority that we should be better people for not resorting to what NH fans do just doesn't work anymore. It's not good enough a reason anymore. Not when Naruto just keeps getting more and more ruined as the series progresses. When Hinata's fans keep bashing, and doxxing, and so many other things simply because people disagree with them is far worse than bashing Hinata as a character and there is nothing we can do to lower ourselves considering that NH fans have lowered the bar so much that it went through the Earth and out the other side.

I am sorry, but I will never respect Hinata ever again. She is the product of what we deem the "faux anime fans." Fans who say they are into good anime, but watch probably the worst dribble of anime writing. "Fans" who believe that last minute retcons and a flat tasteless character that is merely boobs with hair and used for nothing more than being the sexist, stereotypical, lowest denominator you can ever make a woman be is deemed "good writing."

I tried so hard to be nice, but all I ever got for it was continue spit in my face.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#30 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:46 AM

Sometimes the most perfect people....are ones that don't seem perfect at all.

In an ironic twist, if you wasn't to think about this, the idea that Hinata is perfect and flawless is what makes her an imperfect character with flaws.

It is flawed to be perfect because no one is ever flawless.

To be fair is she was written with flaws, but was completely stripped of them.

Her lack of self-esteem was sexualised and turned into a weaboo's dream, and used to make H>N moments. When it should've been about her personal growth, it was used to highlight how inspiring Naruto was. She had to regress and regress because if she'd matured into an independent woman she couldn't be dazzled by Naruto-kun 25/7 right..

Judging from her fight with Neji you'd also think they'd bring peace to their clan together. Plot dropped.

Edited by sushi., 26 February 2017 - 08:48 AM.

ナルサク

#31 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 09:09 AM

To be fair is she was written with flaws, but was completely stripped of them.

Her lack of self-esteem was sexualised and turned into a weaboo's dream, and used to make H>N moments. When it should've been about her personal growth, it was used to highlight how inspiring Naruto was. She had to regress and regress because if she'd matured into an independent woman she couldn't be dazzled by Naruto-kun 25/7 right..

Judging from her fight with Neji you'd also think they'd bring peace to their clan together. Plot dropped.

And I really wonder why so many girls are not crying sexism over stuff like this....when it actually is sexism at work and it demeans women on so many levels.

Heck, this manga even demeans men by making them nothing more than trophy husbands.

And yet......some people are okay with this....that this is "the best thing ever." It is moments like this I wonder if I was born in the wrong world.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#32 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 09:40 AM

And I really wonder why so many girls are not crying sexism over stuff like this....when it actually is sexism at work and it demeans women on so many levels.

Heck, this manga even demeans men by making them nothing more than trophy husbands.

And yet......some people are okay with this....that this is "the best thing ever." It is moments like this I wonder if I was born in the wrong world.

Well the constant bashing of the female characters in general is often sexist. Like anger directed at Hinata instead of the content creators.

I'm not saying that it's not OK to be angry about her or even at her. Heck I've got negative associations with her at this point, too. But the way this anger is expressed is often sexist even when criticisms of her character or arc are valid.
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#33 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 03:06 PM

OK since some people are complaining about people not being objective enough about Hinata and nH. I'll see if I can write an objective analyzes of nH from a writing stand point.

OK the backgrounds of the characters relationship at the start of the story: Naruto was an orphan since the day he was born and was alone for the first 12 years of his life. He was a pariah that everyone for the most part hated and simply wished to ignore. To gain the attention he had been denied he started pulling pranks. Eventually he came upon a dream to become hokage seeing it as the ultimate status in the village which would make everyone forced to notice him. So he decides to train and dedicate his life to this goal.

Hinata is heiress of the most powerful clan in the village, but she is so weak willed that she is closed to being disinherited by her father in favor of her younger sister. One day while crying about her situation she stumbles upon Naruto the dead last in the class that everyone hates training rigorously. The fact that a loser like him that even she is above in the class is training so hard surprises her. Then it inspires her that if even the failure of the class is working hard, and not giving up why should see. This leads her to being to admire him for his determination, which led to feeling of even deeper affection, but despite these feelings of deeper affection she has never truly interacted with Naruto before the start of the manga. In other despite her developing a crush towards Naruto she left him alone for the first 12 years of his life, again despite developing feeling for him during that time.

Start of the manga: Because Hinata has never interacted with Naruto while they at the academy in any meaningful way. Therefor cancelling out her chance at an early start with forming a connection with him. He instead develops feelings for another girl named Sakura, who he is put on the same team with. Also unlike Hinata he does pursue Sakura and make it obvious his feeling for her as well as clearly showing that he has been doing this since before the story started. In the chapter the girl Sakura is introduce we are also introduced to her crush Sasuke, who Naruto resent for being popular and for having Sakura affection, despite not desiring either. Also in Sakura's introduction chapter Naruto transforms into Sasuke to flirt with her in order to figure out how he can win her affection. He is successful at making her fall more in love for Sasuke. Hinata is not given an appearance until the third arc of the story. Also the arc is where she has a majority of her appearances in the first half of the story.

From their introduction and initial appearances at the start of the story: Naruto has two desire a desire for recognition which he feels he will get by becoming hokage, and his desire to win Sakura's affection. Sakura has a desire for Sasuke's affectation especially after "he" flirted with her. Hinata did not appear in the beginning of the story.

Hypothesis from initial introduction: Naruto will continue to work on his path toward becoming hokage hopefully learning some important lessons along the way. He will also like eventually win Sakura's affection seeing as Sasuke has no interest in her, and he was successful in his initial attempts.  Thought that case will probably screw him over for a time.

Continuing through part one of the story: Naruto and Sakura because they are on the same team are able to interact on a regular bases and become familiar with each other. Going to speed through the chunin exam for NS so I can focus on nH for this bit, and most of you probably remember the NS scenes. Sakura slowly goes from hating Naruto/ finding him annoying to being impress by him, caring about him, and drawing strength from both him and Sasuke.  Hinata is introduced in the third arc. Where Naruto give his thoughts on her as the "weird quite girl." They are then seated next to each other during the first test. Near the half way point of the first test Hinata seeing Naruto struggling whispers to Naruto that he can look on her sheet for the answers. He question why she would do this think Kiba put her up to this somehow. which she responds that she thinks it would be nice if everyone in their would passed the exam together. Naruto eventually backs out because he notice the examiners were see them going for such blatant cheating, but tells Hinata not to worry. Near the end of the test Sakura considers pulling out because she worries if Naruto can't passed the test he would be denied the chance to ever become hokage. Naruto gives a speech convincing everyone to stay and see what the final question is, impressing everyone including Hinata. Next after Naruto's win over Kiba Hinata give Naruto some medicine for his wounds. During the fight she spent the time quietly contemplating her feeling for Naruto. Then her fight against Neji Naruto was the only one to tell her not to give up and keep fighting (because everyone else knew she stood no chance.) Neji's attitude of disrespecting his opponent after she tried so hard make him make a blood oath saying her was going to beat him. Then they interacted one last time during part one where Hinata talks about how much she admires Naruto's determination, while Naruto say he now likes her. Then Naruto fight Neji learning more about the Hyuuag clan and vows to fight for reforms when he becomes hokage. From then on it's NS scenes: Naruto saves Sakura from Gaara, Sasuke and Sakura conversation about Naruto, Sakura going to his house to give him sweet, noticing he was gone decided to water his plants, Naruto leaving the room so Sakura could have her time with Sasuke after he woken up from the coma, their date, Sakura begging Naruto to bring Sasuke back, the promise of a life time, Sakura seeing the damage Naruto took trying to fulfill his promise to her, and Sakura deciding to become a medical ninja.

So the growth of the characters by the end of part one: Naruto still has feeling for Sakura, but his views on becoming hokage have changed. From for the sake of recognition and attention to protect the people her cares about. He has interacted more with Hinata and she seems like a very nice girl (more on this in hinata's part.) he now has this promise of a life time to work on.

Sakura has interacted more with Naruto changing her view from an annoying brat to one of her best friends who she admires and can put complete her complete faith in.

Hinata by the end of the Chunin exam has indeed fallen in love with Naruto by that point. The problem is on Naruto side of things this is really the first time they have ever really interacted. So to him she seems like a really nice girl if quite girl that he would like to be friends with. He has not interacted with her enough for him to notice that she behaves differently around him then she does other, and when people point it out he doesn't get again because they have not really interacted. She seems to admire Naruto's resolve and uses him as inspiration to become stronger. 

Hypothesis on where the relationship will go from there: Naruto will continue to fulfill his promise to Sakura, while Sakura most likely slowly falls more and more in love with iim overtime. Also Sasuke turned down her confession which would most likely end any chance of their relationship happening. Hinata will hopefully slowly gain more confidence in herself so she can be strong on her own no matter the situation. Eventually she should confess to Naruto and be ready and strong enough to be fine with either rejection or reciprocation of her feeling.

Note: Sorry just got a bad head ache I'll try and finishes this throughout the day. Also forgot about it for a few days.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 01 March 2017 - 09:40 PM.

#34 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:20 PM

An easy girl sounds desperate and no matter how beautiful she is. Her complete lack of personality and desire to be as good as me will turn me off.

The male fans of Hinata think that they are entitled to women but the reality is we are not... We have to earn their love and respect. Real women are not standing behind a tree stuttering your name, and the good ones are a real challenge. What's difficult to earn is usually worth it. I used to be the lamest guy and have always wondered why girls were not attracted me. Women don't want a nice guy... They want an unassumingly great guy who has a minimum of backbone, drive, and self assurance. I have looked at myself critically. I have learned to work out, watch good movies (marvel films are perfect), learned to develop the best attributes of my personality, being funny, get an education, trying to know how women think, and how to dress properly...

Suddenly, high standards women started looking at me, and even other people will start being drawn to you as a person. Naruto used to be a great guy for Sakura. His complete lack of selfishness towards her feelings for Sasuke was what made me like them as a couple.

Edited by hinataiscreepy, 26 February 2017 - 04:32 PM.

#35 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:04 PM

NaruHina is just as bland as the Swan Princess romance. I never thought that would be possible.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#36 unhskikrforever

unhskikrforever

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:07 PM

IMO, in a writing standpoint, NaruHina would make a good couple. That is, if they're in a romance-genred story. But in this case, since Naruto is a shounen manga and not shoujo, it honestly doesn't make any sense. The development of their relationship is mostly shown in only ONE animation movie (The Last) and certain chapters or fillers in the anime. It's not written in the actual manga itself, which is the origin of Naruto. That last chapter would have totally make no sense if the chapters were cut short. If you have someone tell you the summary of Naruto and his relationships with the other characters in the series, you won't get how he could end up with Hinata.

How did Naruto liking Sakura even get passed off as an excuse for his rivalry with Sasuke? He liked her enough to actually state that he would bring back Sasuke for her. I still don't get how Naruto and Sakura didn't end up together either. And what exactly does Sakura like about Sasuke other than him being cool and having a tragic past? Of course, that is if we ignore the fact that Naruto has a tragic past as well. If I remember correctly, she didn't even have much of a romantic interaction with Sasuke at all before he left Konoha. I personally think that her and Naruto's feelings for Sasuke is a feeling of longing for their childhood friend. I still don't believe that she actually liked him like she did, or even love him, when they got him back. Their relationship is just like NaruHina's where everything happens off-manga and that's not enough to convince someone who actually is an avid fan, who likes Naruto for the story in terms of plot, action and romance. If anything, I really really thought Sakura had feelings for Naruto. I don't know if she was even serious when she said that Naruto's feelings for her was just a result of his rivalry with Sasuke. How does she even know that? She's not him.

Up 'till now, I still agree that NaruHina got together just because they have a lot of fans and also because of $$$. I feel like Naruto and Sakura had to give each other up to, I don't know, fulfill NaruHina and SasuSaku fan's wishes. If NaruHina and SasuSaku could develop their relationship off-screen, why not SasuHina? I mean, they seem to have a lot of fans too. And I'll still feel as baffled as I was when I found out the end-couples also.

Edited by unhskikrforever, 26 February 2017 - 08:09 PM.

15f62c4.png

#37 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 10:20 PM

Well the constant bashing of the female characters in general is often sexist. Like anger directed at Hinata instead of the content creators.

I'm not saying that it's not OK to be angry about her or even at her. Heck I've got negative associations with her at this point, too. But the way this anger is expressed is often sexist even when criticisms of her character or arc are valid.

I'm not sure if I would call the constant bashing of female characters in general sexist given that the female characters in general either start off badly written or end up being badly written. That and most of the male characters get bashed around here too. Especially Sasuke and post-ending Naruto.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#38 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 26 February 2017 - 10:33 PM

Sexism has very little to do with this. Other than Kishimoto and SP. They get plenty of bashing for being sexist. Same with NH fans get the same treatment. They're pretty sexist for hating Sakura because she's 'flat' and loving Hinata because she has 'big boobs' and is 'pretty'.

As James said, some of us are tired of being nice and this is a safe place to vent.

Edited by Moon_Girl, 26 February 2017 - 10:34 PM.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#39 VoodooFX

VoodooFX

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:Movies, Comics, Star Wars, Sci-fi, Computer Games, Vintage Computers, Science & Tech ... and Naruto :)

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:46 PM

Sorry for going off-topic, but reading unhskikrforever's post two posts up raised a question in my head...  has Naruto's confession to Sakura (as stated in the Last) ever been explained/animated?

Since they've animated a poopload of other useless junk from novels and even the wedding, they could have at least animated this NS bit that would show us just how exactly the whole thing played out between the two of them.

Edited by VoodooFX, 27 February 2017 - 10:13 PM.

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we all push up flowers.

#40 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:14 PM

Sorry for going off-topic, but reading unhskikrforever's post two posts up raised a question in my head...  has Naruto's confession to Sakura (as stated in the Last) ever explained/animated?

Since they've animated a poopload of other useless junk from novels and even the wedding, they could have at least animated this NS bit that would show us just how exactly the whole thing played out between the two of them.

Naruto confessed to Sakura? Since when?

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users