#201 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:58 PM

@raiya
Sakura doesn't kill sasori it's chiyo who stab him, but she did defeat him.

#202 goldenarms

goldenarms

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:14 PM

Some NH fans argued that because Naruto didn't go insane when he found out Jiraiya died or when he found out he hurt Sakura in Kyuubi form it means he cared more about Hinata.  See, that's what I don't like about NH, it has to diminish Naruto's other bonds in order to make sense.

Naruto activate Kyubi power when he is in emotional distress like anger.
But Naruto is also the type that goes Kyubi mode if someone dying infront of his face.
For example :
1. When sasuke tank haku attack and "die" naruto goes rampage.
2. When he found garra dead, he goes to third tail.
3. When orochimaru taunt naruto about sasuke.
4. When Hinata get stab.

The reason why he doesn't go Kyubi when jiraiya and kakashi dead is he doesn't see their dead.
Then why he goes fourth tail when sasuke get mention by orochimaru? That because sasuke is his love friend who will die when orochimaru take over his body. Like when sakura almost dead situation in naruto vs garra.

Oh and naruto beat garra with the power of love... Oh I mean power of rival.

To be fair, Naruto promised to never rely on the Fox's chakra after he found out what happened in his blank time, and that he was responsible for injuring Sakura with caustic chakra. And you know how serious Naruto gets with those promises of his. So, all the times he could have tripped, he was reining himself in because of his promise and the possibility of hurting people he cares about.

Saying that he was simply overwhelmed by the number of deaths of people he knew doesn't make much sense because there's that promise he made. Because of Sakura. Saying that had it been anyone else like Kiba getting killed in front of him also doesn't make sense -- he just watched Fukusaku get ran through not a few minutes prior and didn't trip because, promise. The only thing that makes sense is that Naruto tripped Fox as a result of Hinata telling him that she loves him and then getting killed by Pain. Not because it's Hinata (though Naruto does react strangely when it comes to her -- swearing on someone's blood to do stuff is, um, not the normal reaction for someone you don't really know) or that she dies, but because she would likely be the first person in Naruto's memory to ever tell him "I love you" and Pain intentionally brought despair to Naruto by stealing that away from him.

If you were having a terrible day/week/life, and someone were to give you a first that would make anyone feel happy or overjoyed, how would you react when not ten seconds after that moment, someone just walks up to you, looks you in the eye, and shoots that person in the head with a Desert Eagle? If you had made a vow of non-violence, would you keep that promise? Because if you can/do, you're a far better person than me; they'd be pulling me off the wet, chunky remains of that guy while I'm desperately trying to kill him until he dies. All of him. Not even a little toe of him can live.

Kind of makes me laugh, reading anyone would have triggered Rampage mode on Naruto. Because the first example I've seen used was Kiba, and imagining Kiba coming to Naruto's defense because "I love you" would probably have the most adverse reaction ever. So negative the response, Pain wouldn't even bother killing Kiba and instead, just send him flying. Which would be par for the course for Kiba.

Edited by goldenarms, 21 May 2015 - 08:17 PM.

#203 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 05:01 AM

He almost goes kyuubi mode the first time he sees Sasuke again too even after the promise he made to Yamato

Tbh, I think Hinata's "death" was just the tip of the iceberg for him on that fight, he was barely holding on his rage

Edited by Nar123, 23 May 2015 - 05:34 AM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#204 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 05:28 AM

He almost goes kyuubi mode the first time too he sees Sasuke again too even after the promise he made to Yamato

Tbh, I think Hinata's "death" was just the tip of the iceberg for him on that fight, he was barely holding on his rage

He lose, his village get destroy, and get lecture by pein.
Hinata is the last trigger. Anyone could become the trigger.
Even kiba without I love you.

#205 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:25 PM

If you ask me he should of left sasusaku stay dead after the confession in part 1, Given her rivaly with other ninja (like the sound ninja on dosu's team or Kabuto), showed more of her social life, why she orignally wanted to be a ninja, how she meet both Naruto and Sasuke, had her accompany Naruto and Jiraya during the search for Tsunade, learn genjutsu, water and earth (maybe wood) and slug sage Mode and have her the second biggest character during the early part 2 arcs when she journeys alongside Naruto.

Edited by BlueStarSaber, 20 March 2017 - 10:25 PM.

#206 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:33 PM

If he'd made her confession a lot more obvious or had them talk about it afterwards. A lot of neutral fans only read the surface never bother to read between the lines or analyze etc..

Also he ditched her piece by piece before you noticed she was barely a main character.

Finally, she should've stood up to Sasuke, she became a different person around him..

ナルサク

#207 milan kyuubi

milan kyuubi

YATO

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts
  • Interests:Nothing.....somthing.....dunno.......

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:28 AM

Popularity = character progression is a stupid thing that no self respecting author should ever do!

Yp330yZ.gif

#208 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:13 PM

Popularity = character progression is a stupid thing that no self respecting author should ever do!

IIRC, Hinata wasn't even truly THAT popular (she had never gotten any top spots in any character polls and such before; usually below the top 5), but rather Kishi was merely told she was by biased editors and SP staff and such

2e5.gif

#209 NeonRanger

NeonRanger

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Writing, Criminal Minds and other Drama television. I like anime/ manga too.

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:09 PM

True, Hinata wasn't that popular. It's more of the fact that she surpasses Sakura when it comes to being well liked in the fandom and franchise. Compared to Hinata, Sakura has a lot more haters than fans, a lot more. Kishi even was aware of how hated Sakura is, which is why he didn't include a backstory. (Which was a bad move; it probably would have helped her popularity.) Even without including Kishi's mistakes on how he should have handled Sakura, you have SP who butchered her character to where she was legitimately unlikable. (And a lot of people do watch the anime.) Sakura just didn't have the fanbase like Hinata's and manage to be more appealing within the franchise. With or without bias people telling him how popular Hinata is, the Sakura hate was well known and present. Hinata isn't on Kakashi/ Uchiha/ Akatsuki level popularity, but she is definitely above Sakura's. (individually wise, not pairing wise.)  

Edit: I'm wondering if she wasn't "tsundere" would people like her? From what I've seen a lot of don't like her because she's too kitteny when it comes to Naruto. I don't want Sakura to have Hinata's personality, but maybe if she was more like Temari?

I feel like she should have been told about the Uchiha massacre. And more involved with Naruto's troubles. Generally she's the only teammate that isn't really involved when it comes to Team 7 (just SNS). A lot of people don't like her with how little she understands Sasuke and Naruto, and I agree. She was kinda the third wheel in Team 7, even well after Sasuke left. I feel like even without a backstory, if she was more present when it comes to SNS and Kishi emphasize how important she is for Sasuke and Naruto, people would have at least tolerated her. 

Edited by NeonRanger, 22 March 2017 - 05:23 PM.

Hello, Hello, Hello!  :argh:

#210 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:32 AM

Hinata is a popular female character.

What sakura like character need is an action time and some relevancy.
Her kind of character will always be hate. What make her different with the other like her is the amount of hater beat the amount of her fan. On top of that they're vocal.

Generally there are three reason on why people hate her:
Her design.
She's weak.
She endangers my ship.

#211 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 09:10 AM

Hinata is a popular female character.

What sakura like character need is an action time and some relevancy.
Her kind of character will always be hate. What make her different with the other like her is the amount of hater beat the amount of her fan. On top of that they're vocal.

Generally there are three reason on why people hate her:
Her design.
She's weak.
She endangers my ship.

Sakura's design is very good. There are heroes and heroines who's designs are bad and nowhere we see fans saying this and that about designs.

Sakura's not weak. She's one of the strongest main characters out there. If we're comparing her to Naruto and Sasuke, then, yeah, she's weaker when one have a powerful demon fox's power and the other has a Deus Ex Machina of an eye full of different kind of powers.

If these given powers were taken away from Naruto and Sasuke, they will be having a very hard time defeating her. I'm meaning what I'm saying with every single word.

This one. Endangering another ship is one of the two main reasons on why she's hated. The second reason is there are viewers watching for the first time an anime, or reading a manga for a first time, and don't know about tsundere characters alongside the very big possibility on growing the habituation to dislike her even after learning about tsundere characters.

Even with giving her more action time and relevancy after Pein Arc, the hatred won't be gone with these kind of reasons. Yet, there are many main characters who have bad history of action and relevancy which don't get this kind of treatement.

Edited by T XD, 27 March 2017 - 09:10 AM.

#212 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:41 AM

I know its a bit late but let me add in my two cents.

1) The biggest mistake Masashi Kishimoto did was adding more and more plates on Sasuke when they should had been not only Sakura but also Naruto (screentime and development). A big pet peeve of mine was it would've been more interesting and shows foreshadowing if she admired Tsunade in the beginning, which gave her primary dream to reveal later on and gave Tenten a different purpose (remember that? It was very weird that Tenten admired Tsunade but her fighting style is primary ninja tools. It was awkward ).

2) Expand the genjutsu aspects in her moveset. Also give her teleportation powers via sakura petals (motif of her design) similar to Kasumi from the Dead or Alive series. Think about it, enhance strength+genjutsu+teleport powers? Also that axe in the promotional artwork. She doesn't have to use it all the time.

3) More fights. Literally more fights and screentime. Stop being a third wheel and being involved into the plot give her thoughts, opinions in the matter. More interactions with Ino, give her rivals (we almost, ALMOST had that with Karui but that was squashed immediately) and enemies to focus on. If she was intended to be realistic, it should had been written down, ready to be seen/read to the audience.

Actually, the main point is number 1: STOP ADDING MORE TO SASUKE!!!

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#213 Wyle23

Wyle23

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Writing and reading fanfiction.

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:52 AM

Oh this is beyond easy: remove the Sasuke infatuation. Entirely. 95% improvement just with that alone. Y'know, so that I could actually have managed to look at her for more than three seconds.

Edited by Wyle23, 14 June 2017 - 07:54 AM.

#214 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:08 PM

His biggest mistakes with Sakura was that he took intnetionally or otherwise a one step forward, two steps backwards approach with her. Every time she took a step forward in development ""its how you feel for him that counts"" etc she would take 2 steps backwards  ""still obsessing over sasuke, I cant do anything but watch them die""

It was frustrating in the extreme.

She needed to take postive steps forward with only minor stumbles in the way. Her TRUE ​confession in the land of Iron was a good example had he followed through on it correctly.  Sakuras heartfelt confession shaded only by some lingering confusion which is then swept aside when Naruto saves her. She and Naruto then talk afterwards and rebalance their relationship on a positive note with Naruto saying hell try to live, while sakura says she wont let him die. 

Moving their feelings forward as well by both subtly acknowledging the confessions intent and feelings, but also that she has a little resolution needed before she can move on properly.

by allowing things to just remain status quo after wards he rendered the entire confession meaningless and worse made her looks questionable in motivation as if she were using his feelings for her.

which in the end the way the ending went down became canon truth. She was always using his feelings for her thus turning her into a manipulator of Naruto.

these inconsistencies should have never occurred. She should have progressed away from Sasuke throughout the story. 

I have always said team 7s arc was thus

three lines running roughly parallel to each other

Sasuke---------------------

............./-----------------

Sakura/

Naruto---------------------

at the start Sakuras runs closer to Sasuke and Naruto runs parallel to both.

as the story progresses though

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,/---

Sasuke-----------------/

...................../-------\

Sakura-------/...........\-----

Naruto ----------------------

Sasuke starts to move away from the team as his own story diverges from them. Sakura though meanwhile begins to move closer to Naruto who remains pretty stalwart

by the end where they should have ended and mostly did

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,/---\

Sasuke-----------------/........\-----

...................../-------\

Sakura-------/...........\-----\

........................................\------

Naruto -------------------------/-----

Sasuke stabilizes and returns to his friends or at minimum stabilizes his path on parallel to them

Sakura has moved closer to Naruto who has also moved closer in conjunction to her.

that's the path he needed to follow which should have stabilized fan reaction to her.

Showing positive and consistent progress.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#215 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:37 AM

She needed more relevancy and fight scenes so that we can see her intelligence and physical prowess in action; a single major fight isn't enough sadly. She needed to move on from Sasuke because he only serves to stagnate her emotionally. She needed her backstory expanded on, and to interact with more characters within and outside of her realm to help bring additional meaning and growth to her character.

These are all simple yet incredibly salient points to consider with writing Sakura. It really isn't that difficult.

#216 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:42 AM

She should have NEVER had an obsessive crush on Sasuke period.

Edited by Gravenimage, 16 June 2017 - 01:50 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#217 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:38 AM

That's the start that would fix 99.9% of her character.

#218 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:37 PM

That's the start that would fix 99.9% of her character.

True so true. -_-

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#219 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:45 PM

While I agree that sasuke is one of her big weakness and one of the source of her hate, I don't think making sakura doesn't love sasuke is the "right" thing to do.

#220 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:56 PM

While I agree that sasuke is one of her big weakness and one of the source of her hate, I don't think making sakura doesn't love sasuke is the "right" thing to do.

It's not like we are asking her to hate him. I think that type of character works only on side character. Main character, let alone the only one with that characteristic, is only asking for problems. If it wasn't taken serious, it could have been less harmful.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 16 June 2017 - 01:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users