• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#1 Rainy Daze

Rainy Daze

#1 Supporter of Akise Aru

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:ALLLLLL the interests. Yeah, I'll update this later.

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:32 PM

Idunno, I couldn't find a topic like this, but if I missed it point me in the right direction?

Anyway, do you listen to music when you write? If so, what kind? Any song in particular that helps you write that one critical scene better? Discuss/share here (:

I like classical music and OSTs for certain settings, usually when I'm trying to describe scenery or the mood of a certain atmosphere.

Yours is the epitome of unadulterated love. You are willing to carry out an act of justice in the name of said love, and hell you are still walking around trying to get to your beloved after your head has been chopped clean off your shoulders? You sir, are a kittening winner in my book.
Congratulations.

"...my beloved Yukiteru-kun..."

#2 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:36 AM

QUOTE (Rainy Daze @ Apr 12 2012, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Idunno, I couldn't find a topic like this, but if I missed it point me in the right direction?

Anyway, do you listen to music when you write? If so, what kind? Any song in particular that helps you write that one critical scene better? Discuss/share here (:

I like classical music and OSTs for certain settings, usually when I'm trying to describe scenery or the mood of a certain atmosphere.

I listen to some good old metal or whatever that puts me in the mood to write or read fan fiction, and thanks for posting this thread I find it fun. happy.gif

Edited by Gravenimage, 13 April 2012 - 02:10 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#3 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Apr 13 2012, 02:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I listen to some good old metal or whatever that puts in the mood to read, and thanks for posting this thread I find it fun. happy.gif

It depends on what I'm writing. It's a matter of setting the mood. At the moment, I'm mainly focusing on creepy/scary/paranormal stories, and I've been listening the the music of a youtube pianist by the name of Myuuji.

Otherwise, other creepy tracks. But regardless of what I listen to, it's almost always instrumental. Lyrics conflict with my thoughts and make things more difficult. It's all about mental imagery.
On the morning of Wednesday, April 11th, 2012, my Aunt Karla passed away. She was my mother's baby sister, and my coolest aunt when I was a kid. She was the best babysitter ever, and she was like an older sister to me.

Karly, I don't know if you can hear this. I am not a believer, I haven't been since Sheryl died. But if you can, I want you to know that I'm truly sorry for everything bad I've ever said about you. When you were suffering, I should have been there to help you. I should have visited. I should have encouraged you to leave the house and get a job, to be active and alive the way you used to be.

I promise that I will do everything that I can to be successful and a good person, to make you proud the way you would have wanted me to. No matter what I said, I loved you. And I will always love you. Rest in Peace, you will never be forgotten.

#4 Rainy Daze

Rainy Daze

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:58 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Apr 12 2012, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I listen to some good old metal or whatever that puts in the mood to read, and thanks for posting this thread I find it fun. happy.gif

Sure, no problem (: I thought it would be fun too.

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns)
Lyrics conflict with my thoughts and make things more difficult. It's all about mental imagery.

I totally understand. I'm writing a really long chapter that involves a haunted house and I've been looking for some music like this so thanks heheelq7.png /that was totally her evil plan for this thread all along

Edited by Rainy Daze, 13 April 2012 - 05:01 AM.

Yours is the epitome of unadulterated love. You are willing to carry out an act of justice in the name of said love, and hell you are still walking around trying to get to your beloved after your head has been chopped clean off your shoulders? You sir, are a kittening winner in my book.
Congratulations.

#5 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:49 AM

QUOTE (Rainy Daze @ Apr 13 2012, 05:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sure, no problem (: I thought it would be fun too.

I totally understand. I'm writing a really long chapter that involves a haunted house and I've been looking for some music like this so thanks heheelq7.png /that was totally her evil plan for this thread all along

Oh, if you need creepy music, just let me know. lol There are lots of places to find inspiration like that.
On the morning of Wednesday, April 11th, 2012, my Aunt Karla passed away. She was my mother's baby sister, and my coolest aunt when I was a kid. She was the best babysitter ever, and she was like an older sister to me.

Karly, I don't know if you can hear this. I am not a believer, I haven't been since Sheryl died. But if you can, I want you to know that I'm truly sorry for everything bad I've ever said about you. When you were suffering, I should have been there to help you. I should have visited. I should have encouraged you to leave the house and get a job, to be active and alive the way you used to be.

I promise that I will do everything that I can to be successful and a good person, to make you proud the way you would have wanted me to. No matter what I said, I loved you. And I will always love you. Rest in Peace, you will never be forgotten.

#6 Rainy Daze

Rainy Daze

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:15 AM

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Apr 13 2012, 01:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, if you need creepy music, just let me know. lol There are lots of places to find inspiration like that.

I would very much love creepy music. Anymore suggestions? (:

Congratulations.

#7 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:46 AM

QUOTE (Rainy Daze @ Apr 13 2012, 07:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would very much love creepy music. Anymore suggestions? (:

Well, as a starting point, the Death Note OST.

#8 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:59 AM

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Apr 13 2012, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL I use that soundtrack for studying.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#9 Rainy Daze

Rainy Daze

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:03 AM

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Apr 13 2012, 02:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, I haven't listened to the Death Note OST in quite some time. Then again, I haven't written anything creepy in a while either. I'm thinking the Mirai Nikki OSTs probably have some pretty creepy tracks. There's about four and they are still putting them out.

One I like especially, though it's not creepy is this:

It helps me get through all of those touching scenes and it really helps a lot with the current story I'm working on ^^

Congratulations.

#10 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:31 AM

I usually like to listen to some clam relaxing music myself when I'm drawing using this song for example:

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#11 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

Classical is almost always the best for me. But so long as it is mainly instrumental, and so long as it has the feel that I'm going for, just about anything will do.

#12 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

My old favorite for creepy music was Marylin Manson's Resident Evil Theme

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#13 LinksmaLope

LinksmaLope

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Listening to music, drawing, playing video-games, watching anime, reading manga, reading books, Three Days Grace, Winry Rockbell, Skillet, Apocalyptica, 30 seconds to mars, Higurashi, InuYasha, Naruto, Elfen Lied, FMA, Drowning Pool, Nickelback, Nirvana.

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:54 PM

I tend to listen to rock and after a bad day some Apocalyptica and Three Days Grace is all i need to relax...take it eeeeeeeasy! whistling.gif
Right now i'm listening to:

#14 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

My playlist on my computer is what I listen to when I write, but I dont look listen to it every time. For me the mood of the music has nothing to do with the mood of the story I'm writing. The purpose of me listening to any music at all is just to get me pumped.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#15 Catwho

Catwho

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:52 AM

All trance. All the time.

Usually I go to http://www.di.fm/ and hit the vocal trance station, but I also like to listen to my weekly radio programs from Armin van Buuren and Above & Beyond from http://liveset.us too.

Read my stuff! Some of the stories are even finished! Catwho on Fanfiction.net
I also now have a Tumblr like thing:  http://tprara.tumblr.com/

#16 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:59 AM

I hardly write. But when I do, silence is golden (and necessary.)

#17 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:08 AM

Right now I'm writing a new chapter to one of my stories and while I'm writing I'm listening to Dragonforce's new album the power within very good album and the new singer sings better than the original. smile.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#18 Rainy Daze

Rainy Daze

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:55 AM

QUOTE (Catwho @ Apr 14 2012, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All trance. All the time.

Usually I go to http://www.di.fm/ and hit the vocal trance station, but I also like to listen to my weekly radio programs from Armin van Buuren and Above & Beyond from http://liveset.us too.

Mmm, trance is good. I'm not sure what you would classify this as but I listened to this in the recent chapter of the story I'm writing

It's fun to dance to as well heheelq7.png

Congratulations.

#19 Catwho

Catwho

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:52 AM

QUOTE (Rainy Daze @ Apr 14 2012, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mmm, trance is good. I'm not sure what you would classify this as but I listened to this in the recent chapter of the story I'm writing

It's fun to dance to as well heheelq7.png

My first guess was Hardcore but their Wikipedia entry says they're Electro-Industrial, which is practically the same thing rolleyes.gif

Read my stuff! Some of the stories are even finished! Catwho on Fanfiction.net
I also now have a Tumblr like thing:  http://tprara.tumblr.com/

#20 Kyuzo Hatake

Kyuzo Hatake

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:I like debating about pairings.And simply talking about characters strengths and weaknesses.(especially Naruto)Off topic I enjoy surfing and soccer.I also spend a lot of my time training.

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:25 AM

Normally I put music on a playlist,starting with a song like 1000 sundowns and ending with rise to yourself.So going from calm to...not so calm.

Kyuzo Hatake sakura.gif

Fox State 714

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users