• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Mostly drawing, playing games and watching anime. Normal things, I think.

Posted 04 November 2010 - 01:18 AM

The second episode of Gundam UC was just released in Japan a few days ago. Thankfully Sunrise is still doing a awesome job putting out a quality duo language dub. So alot of people don't have to wait for a fansub release and can just find the raw and watch in the OVA's selection of Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Chinese subs. Before I go into my review I gotta say that this episode is a must watch if you're into Gundam/ Giant Robots/ Space Battles or if you're just into anime. Warning spoilers even for those of you who have watched it cause I'm referencing stuff from the books.

Episode two of Gundam UC picks up right where we left off from episode one. The Unicorn goes into its NT-D mode aka the Newtype Destroyer and faces off against Marida Cruz, a Puru clone. From there we're introduced to more characters such as Daguza Mackle, the commander of a unit of ECOAS troops, and Full Frontal, a captain and Char clone with Neo Zeon. It's pretty crazy that Zeon has some awesome cloning technology since the first Neo Zeon war. It is also revealed that Audrey is none other then the princess of Neo Zeon, Minerva Zabi who went missing since the first Neo Zeon war. Both sides eventually get to have a chat with Banagher and he winds up in the hands of Neo Zeon. At that point the Federation launches a special operation with ECOAS leading the way to retrieve Banagher and his Gundam.
This episode roughly covers volumes 3 and 4 of the book and has confirmed the pacing of the OVA with two volumes per episode. We're pretty fortunate that Unicorn didn't hit the movie theater and we can enjoy a anime with movie quality without having to wait too long. Maybe I'm being bias to the UC era but episode two felt well paced and never seemed to throw to much information at me. Or maybe its because I read the books... Anyway, Sunrise has a big budget for Unicorn and you can see it in the animation immediately with not only the way the mobile suits battle each other but also with the fluid character movement. The characters are diverse and are pretty grey as befitting of Gundam characters. They all have a motive for doing what, in their own minds, needs to be done. Also you can clearly see a rivalry reminiscent of Char and Amuro in Full Frontal and Banagher. It's just unfortunate that the Japanese dub was able to acquire Char's seiyuu while the English dub wasn't able to do the same. Sunrise also delivers with its quality of dub. The English cast does an excellent job with their individual roles and gives me another example of what a quality English dub is suppose to look like.
I could continue but I wanted to keep it short because I could continue to rant on and on about Gundam. Gundam UC: The Red Comet gets a 5/5 from me.

It took them eight months before they release episode two. However episode three is scheduled to release March 18. So Gundam fans need only wait four months. I pray and hope this doesn't prevent them from releasing another quality episode.

Also can't wait for the dvd release of the Gundam 00 movie on Dec. 25.

why yes. that is my adorable sister hugging a dakimura. got a problem?

#2 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (Zero BD @ Nov 3 2010, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also can't wait for the dvd release of the Gundam 00 movie on Dec. 25.

You made my day.

#3 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:13 AM

Is Unicorn an OVA series? The intervals between each episode is long.

#4 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (JoHamSandwich @ Nov 5 2010, 02:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is Unicorn an OVA series? The intervals between each episode is long.

Yeah it's OVA

#5 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 06:52 PM

Ah. Ok.

Anybody thinking of getting Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 when it hits US shelves? XD

#6 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:36 AM

I am in search of a link where I may either watch or download this fine program...

#7 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:37 AM

QUOTE (Sir Whirly @ Nov 7 2010, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am in search of a link where I may either watch or download this fine program...

Not the best quality, but here ya go.

http://www.animeulti...corn-episode-2/

#8 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Nov 7 2010, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not the best quality, but here ya go.

http://www.animeulti...corn-episode-2/

Thanks happy.gif

#9 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Mostly drawing, playing games and watching anime. Normal things, I think.

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:21 AM

if you want to torrent it try tokyotosho.info

why yes. that is my adorable sister hugging a dakimura. got a problem?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users