38 replies to this topic

#1 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:34 PM

Was anyone else bothered that Kishimoto made Anko overweight in the ending? Seemed like a big middle finger to her character

#2 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:39 PM

Probably another fat joke. idk. this guy is crap. :yes:

ナルサク

#3 Jio Freed

Jio Freed

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:50 PM

I believe it was because when she was first introduced it was established she overindulged herself with Dangos now in peace times there are no more missions for her to go on to keep in shape which is why she's now a hippo
His brother atleast knew how to do NS right

[img=http://oi58.tinypic.com/11qntsj.jpg[/img]

#4 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:57 PM

Maybe because it's peace and ninjas aren't fighting anymore. I know plothole, wonder how they get food on the table when there is no world to save and probably not enough criminals either. It could've worked if ninjas were the military force of villages, but no the villages are made by ninjas.

ナルサク

#5 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:48 AM

Because she likes food isn't that funny hahaha Anko likes food what a riot-- :sick:

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#6 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:32 AM

Too much Dango clearly :zaru:

I'm more concerned about why the kitten Tsunade is still alive. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#7 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:57 AM

And looking younger than ever

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#8 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:33 AM

LOL gotta love Kishi's "consistency" :zaru: 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#9 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:37 AM

Because food is delicious.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#10 Rabbit

Rabbit

Pappaparapappapa

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Being peculiar. Travelling around the world. Shoujo manga. Obsessed with cats. Jelly beans. NicoNico. SPLATOON. Honeyworks.

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:22 AM

Too much anko being eaten.

Shall we skate?❄❄

5a8024b87c1bc97de775cb6fa0967ff9.gif

#11 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:37 AM

Anyone over 30 can't be sexy in Kishimoto's mind without use of ninja magic. Remember his view of women her folks.

#12 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:08 AM

Because for some kittening reason, they're world became ours. And McDonalds replaced all the Ramen Stands. Kunais were replaced with Happy Meals. Want to bet the countless of product placements in the upcoming movies and part 3. You will see BK's 711's and McDonalds all over the place. Why the kitten not?

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#13 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 24 December 2014 - 06:34 AM

Peace ended up destroying the concept we grew to love in part 1 of Naruto... I understand "peace" was a technical goal of Naruto's in the sense he wanted to go against the established ninja system, but to utterly destroy the system seems a little too much. Maybe I'd buy this "peace time" if we ever learned how the f*** it happened. 

Oh wait this is about Anko? Well I just like to think Kishimoto said screw it, I'm done with this s***, get someone else to f***ing do it

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#14 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 06:35 AM

Deus ex Machina. That's why.

#15 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 24 December 2014 - 06:37 AM

The really real question is... why does she look younger?

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#16 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 24 December 2014 - 07:41 AM

Anyone over 30 can't be sexy in Kishimoto's mind without use of ninja magic. Remember his view of women her folks.

I know plenty of sexy women who are fat so idk. tbh I think people are making a bigger deal out of Anko's weight gain then we really should be.

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#17 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:23 PM

Non-jokingly speaking, probably emotional eating due to the trauma she suffered during the war arc. It can happen, though admittedly what was done to her is up to imagination since it wasn't panelled. 

Question though. What is more sexist? Him drawing Anko fat, or us judging her for it? :ermm:

Edited by Phantom_999, 24 December 2014 - 04:25 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#18 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:07 PM

Non-jokingly speaking, probably emotional eating due to the trauma she suffered during the war arc. It can happen, though admittedly what was done to her is up to imagination since it wasn't panelled. 

Question though. What is more sexist? Him drawing Anko fat, or us judging her for it? :ermm:

:wallbash:

But her being fat promotes t obscenity or something and impressionable kids and something else.....For the childr.....ah, screw it. I can't pretend to care one bit about this.

#19 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Music, Piano, Violin, Composing, Writing, Reading, Enneagram, Psychology, Ancient History

Favorite anime/manga: Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note

Favorite TV shows: Supernatural and Sherlock

Favorite ships: NARUSAKU!, MinaKushi, ShikaTema, IchiRuki, MustangxHawkeye, SayaxHaji

Favorite Naruto characters (in no particular order): Naruto, Kakashi, Yamato, Shikamaru, Sakura, Minato, Deidara, Gaara

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:15 PM

I kinda agree that people are making a bigger deal out of it than it is. I mean, looking at the line of women I come from, I'm doomed to be a fat old lady... But at the same time it does seem kind of unnecessary and kinda weird that he just made HER fat. I mean, if he hadn't of done that nobody would've questioned it and thought "Wow, Anko should've been fat." I DO think it goes to show his view of women being useless and unable to be attractive when they're older BUT at the same time, just because you're heavy doesn't mean you can't be beautiful. I know plenty of meaty people who are absolutely gorgeous.

SHINACHIKU

tumblr_inline_ngnhtp3KQk1sy20ab.jpg

The strong-willed, intelligent and powerful yet loving, tender, and sensitive heartthrob of Konoha.

#20 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 07:54 PM

I think it has nothing to do with weight, as a statement about Anko or women. Anko was just one more victim of Kishimoto's ending theme of not giving anyone the ending they wanted. 

Yeah, there's definitely overtones of mocking. Since there don't seem to be any heavy females in the manga then yeah, her obvious weight gain stands out. However, Kishimoto likes boob jokes, pissing, farting and potty humor. A lot. So really, the bar's not set very high.

But the way I see it, she's just one more character Kishi can screw over in the end. 

The ending really was not about a fulfillment of goals, but about how reality is harsh. None of the characters are happy or fulfilled. Anko is just another one.

And why fat? She was also sexy so she could have been shown as paired with a dorky shinobi. She was fierce, so she could have been shown as weak. Any of those opposites would've worked. I think the fat joke was the low-hanging fruit for someone who's really grown to hate his work.

What bothers me the most is why was she even shown at all? She was only ever a plot device. She might have been a memorable character from Part 1, but her momentum in the story has long since fallen away.

Why not show a panel of Yamato pulling himself out of the wreckage, squinting and smiling up into a ray of sunlight? He was infinitely more beloved and important to the plot.

And who frickin' cares about Anko? If she weren't shown in the epilogue, NO ONE would be missing her. Unlike poor Yamato.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users