#21 Merger Knight

Merger Knight

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (Anewhope2 @ Jul 24 2009, 03:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ladies and Gentlemen, after many months and numerous topics later.. I have found the first 4 episodes of the english dubbed Naruto Shippuden.

This is no joke or any rick rolling or trolling of any kind. I'm 100 percent cereal!

Guess where it is?

The Answer is... --Click here to view--
Itunes!

Go take a look and see! biggrin.gif

The first episode is free!

Man i wish i i knew about this before the free part is probly gone now. Oh well i'll just have to buy the season pass then biggrin.gif

QUOTE (True @ Jul 25 2009, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some people who have an issue with dubs nowadays just view it with their nostalgia hats because when they first started watching anime the dubs sounded better. When I first started to watch anime on Toonami I always thought the animes were perfect, but nowadays after I started downloading anime instead of watching it on television 95% of the shows I watch are subbed, which can lead to an elitist mentality. However, dubs produced now are still good and some examples include Bacanno!, Black Lagoon, and Darker Than Black are recent animes that are quite enjoyable in English (though the BL dub doesn't have Revy's bad Engrish during the Fujiyama Gangsta Paradise arc...).

I believe it is just due to the lack of exposure that anime has now compared to during the mid 90's early 00's that people have switched to watching them on the internet with fansubbing that most have become accustomed to choosing sub over dubs. If anime made a comeback on television with the good slot lineup that Cartoon Network used to have with Toonami, I'm sure people would start to find dubs appealing once again.

I dropped Shippuden, but isn't it supposed to air on Cartoon Network. How come its only available on ITunes? Did the part 1 fillers cause ratings to decrease or did Cartoon Network lose the rights to it?

I never really had a problem with the dub voices. But I do like subs too, only for the fact that most of the time the Dub verson cuts stuff out not cause the voices are bad.

To be honest the first few times i ever watched Dubs i didn't even realize they were orginally Japanese Anime til years later happy.gif

I grew up watching Chip-Dale Rescue Rangers and Dark Wing Duck here when I was in Elementry and Middle School, and then started Watching Dragon Ball Z and Sailor Moon soon after that.

By the way I never did undertsand why Dragon Ball Z came to America before the orginal did

#22 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:24 PM

got a confirmation that Naruto Shippuden will air on Disney XD wednesday the 28th of October at 8:30 pm est with a 2 hour run of Episodes 1-4. Every wednesday afterwards at around 8:30pm a nmew episode will appear.

Also dubhappys got eps 4-8 up
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#23 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 18 October 2009 - 03:40 AM

I saw the commercial for Shippuden on Disney XD, and I don't care about what all the negative naysayers have to say, I got excited to see Naruto back on TV again, and I'm eagerly awaiting October 28th to watch it wow.png

#24 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 04:09 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Oct 17 2009, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I saw the commercial for Shippuden on Disney XD, and I don't care about what all the negative naysayers have to say, I got excited to see Naruto back on TV again, and I'm eagerly awaiting October 28th to watch it wow.png

Naruto's voice actor still annoys me, but Sakura's is awesome. I'll probably give it a shot. Naruto's dub voice always turned me away, though.

I'll definitely buy the dvds - They usually have the japanese subs on them, so that'd be nice to have. I saw that the first movie was on pre-order status.

#25 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 18 October 2009 - 04:26 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Oct 17 2009, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't wait!!! a_spaz.gif I know right after I come home from class on that Wednesday, I'll go straight to the TV (after I eat dinner of course!) tongue.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#26 Merger Knight

Merger Knight

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 04:36 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Oct 17 2009, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

makes me wish i had Disney XD

#27 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 18 October 2009 - 04:38 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Oct 18 2009, 12:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't wait!!! a_spaz.gif I know right after I come home from class on that Wednesday, I'll go straight to the TV (after I eat dinner of course!) tongue.gif

Huzzah! 111191.gif

It's so nice to have Naruto back on television again. Makes me remember the good 'ol days of Toonami :3

QUOTE (Merger Knight @ Oct 18 2009, 12:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
makes me wish i had Disney XD

Yeah, and it's not even the regular Disney channel. It's their special Disney XD channel, formerly known as the Toon Disney channel ^^

#28 Merger Knight

Merger Knight

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 04:46 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Oct 18 2009, 12:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Huzzah! 111191.gif

It's so nice to have Naruto back on television again. Makes me remember the good 'ol days of Toonami :3

Me too

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Oct 18 2009, 12:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, and it's not even the regular Disney channel. It's their special Disney XD channel, formerly known as the Toon Disney channel ^^

i so want to get the advance cable now

#29 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:36 AM

Im not sure if anyone has seen it yet but here is a link to the upcoming Naruto Shippuden showtimes on Disney XD:

http://affiliate.zap...uden/EP01187154

Well we can expect Naruto back on tv in about 9 days : ) Oh and I think its a late show time so they may keep the story as is instead of editing it to death... just a thought.

Edited by Evil Potato, 21 October 2009 - 12:37 AM.

#30 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 02:12 AM

I look forward to the first movie out on dvd. Anyone know the releaste date on that?

#31 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 21 October 2009 - 02:17 AM

QUOTE (Freakazoid @ Oct 20 2009, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I look forward to the first movie out on dvd. Anyone know the releaste date on that?

It will be released at the same time as Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 will be out for the Wii, since its included as part of the Limited Edition of the game, and as separate regular DVD release.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#32 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:20 PM

Shippuden tv block party starts tonight! wow.png

#33 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:50 PM

yep 8:30 pm est the first 4 episodes will air back to back
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#34 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:29 AM

Here we go! Starts now! wow.png

Gawd, I completely forgot about high quality the first 10 minutes of episode 1 is :3

~~~

Commercial break, and so far it's looking great! wow.png
They pronounce all the names/words perfectly like Naruto, Shippuden, Uchiha...it's all so nice :3

And they kept the Japanese opening with English subtitles a_thumbs.gif

Now just gotta see how they handle the blood :3

Edited by Sakura Blossoms, 29 October 2009 - 12:43 AM.

#35 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:52 AM

they removed the part where naruto yelled out why dudnt you kill me at sasuke. so looks like theyre toning the language down as well as the violent content

EDIT: they killed the sexy jutsu too. laugh.gif

LOLZ hotty ninjutsu

Edited by catsi563, 29 October 2009 - 12:53 AM.

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Catsis Fan Fiction

#36 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Oct 28 2009, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
they removed the part where naruto yelled out why dudnt you kill me at sasuke. so looks like theyre toning the language down as well as the violent content

EDIT: they killed the sexy jutsu too. laugh.gif

LOLZ hotty ninjutsu

Lol, yeah but the NaruSaku blush scenes are still as epic as ever wub.gif
And then Sakura pounds him into the ground. Ahh classic XD

Now I just gotta see mah Gaara, and I will be a happy girl :3

~~~

Lulz, they pronounce Akatsuki all wrong though XD
Hmm, well actually that was the announcer that messed it up. Lemme see how the characters themselves say it.
And *squees* Shikamaru! 8D <3

Gawd, I haven't watched Shippuden since it first premiered in Japanese what, like a year or so ago. It's nice to re-watch like this just by watching and listening, instead of having to watch and *read* everything :3

#37 AnimeLeader

AnimeLeader

Loves Continuity

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:25 AM

Hahahha this is great I'm watching it right now XD
I bet Disney will have more viewers now since they bought Shippuden from CN. Since CN was going to originally air it.

#38 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:34 AM

QUOTE (AnimeLeader @ Oct 28 2009, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hahahha this is great I'm watching it right now XD
I bet Disney will have more viewers now since they bought Shippuden from CN. Since CN was going to originally air it.

I only wonder why they put it at such an inconvenient time slot. I mean on Wednesdays, midweek on a school night? Come on Disney, give it a nice juicy Saturday night time slot >.>

But other than that, this premier was *highly* enjoyable! :3
It's just great to have Naruto back on air again happy.gif

#39 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:34 AM

the major issue they have seems to be that theyre toning down the violent aspects no blood minimal mention of actual death. I even heard the sand nins moaning which is something they didnt do in the uncut version.

also with the commercials the the pacings gonna be spotty.

Also the kept the original beginning but massacred the ending. same song ((love Shooting Star)) but hate the new ending animation theyre using.

ah well fun to use it too catch up on the dubbed version while Ill use the net to view the uncut episodes

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Catsis Fan Fiction

#40 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:35 AM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Oct 28 2009, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ah well fun to use it too catch up on the dubbed version while Ill use the net to view the uncut episodes

That's how I plan to do things too happy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users