#1 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 02:46 AM

https://jaiminisbox....2/en/0/1/page/1

The story is set in a post steampunk era whereas humanity found a new source of power in the form of things known as Thunder-Cores and our main protagonist is kid named Tatsu who's dream is to travel and explore the world with his friends on a Thunder-Core powered airship, but suddenly the kids are given a rue awakening and the truth behind this world is brought to light

Apparently this is Bleach`s replacement in SJ.  First chapter is out

#2 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:11 AM

Sounds great

#3 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 12:46 PM

I will never be able to take that name seriously. The story is kind of dark. Judging from the first chapter I say this manga would be good with 50-100 chapters no more or it will run on too long.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 27 August 2016 - 03:35 PM.

#4 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 01:38 PM

https://jaiminisbox....2/en/0/1/page/1

The story is set in a post steampunk era whereas humanity found a new source of power in the form of things known as Thunder-Cores and our main protagonist is kid named Tatsu who's dream is to travel and explore the world with his friends on a Thunder-Core powered airship, but suddenly the kids are given a rue awakening and the truth behind this world is brought to light

Apparently this is Bleach`s replacement in SJ.  First chapter is out

I'll give it a shot, :smile: doesn't seem unique though. Just saying

Edited by Phantom_999, 28 August 2016 - 01:38 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#5 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 06:50 PM

I thought you were talking about a new drink from CocaCola to compete with Mountain Dews and it's many radioactive colour drinks.

As for the manga, we'll see how it goes, I'm allot less likely to pick up a SWJ manga due to their track record with ending manga, and the ending of Bleach has not helped matters much. The premise doesn't sound that original. Infact reading it gave me a case of DejaVu.

iAnby7W.gif

#6 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 06:56 PM

I thought you were talking about a new drink from CocaCola to compete with Mountain Dews and it's many radioactive colour drinks.

As for the manga, we'll see how it goes, I'm allot less likely to pick up a SWJ manga due to their track record with ending manga, and the ending of Bleach has not helped matters much. The premise doesn't sound that original. Infact reading it gave me a case of DejaVu.

It's a pre-World War One era land with some ____ punk technology in a European like mix with Japanese elements setting. Most of Miyazaki movie have the same setting.

^

Electricity from peoples' Blood/Biomass/Life energy 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 29 August 2016 - 07:19 PM.

#7 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 29 August 2016 - 07:27 PM

Not taking a chance, especially if it's Shonen Flop

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#8 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 08:46 PM

If my track record is correct, I think there's only like one successful one this year so far and it's an ecchi. I think that Samon could be another one but I guess I'll keep my eye on it.

That said not sure how promised and this one will do but soon, we will know for promised as ranking will count in a month or maybe less.

#9 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 09:29 PM

If my track record is correct, I think there's only like one successful one this year so far and it's an ecchi. I think that Samon could be another one but I guess I'll keep my eye on it.

That said not sure how promised and this one will do but soon, we will know for promised as ranking will count in a month or maybe less.

Which one gonna be successful?

#10 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 09:44 PM

Which one gonna be successful?

Out of this and promised? I heard promised got some good reputation. Unclear on Red Sprite.

#11 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 05:13 AM

Second chapter is up. The introduced some female who is now the ship's pilot. He rescues one of his friends. Acts very brazen....That about it. He said the climax was coming so was this suppose to be a three chapter manga?

In short: "I was not impressed with this chapter."

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 02 September 2016 - 05:13 AM.

#12 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:17 AM

Yeah, I got a bad feeling this series may get canned. I mean the first chapter was fair, but I think people over YouTube are too fixated for the fact it's dark and edgy like other series they loved. The problem is execution seems rather weak at the moment. I'm starting to see the problem with the community and that is accepting the manga very easily by its genre. Kill someone or have angst? No problem, you're welcomed here.

Actually, I have a lot to say about the community that if I were to post a video, I'll be hated so quick. Lol. But seriously, I'll talk about it one day. In any case, I'm not that easy to get by and I won't accept it because of Bleach replacement or whatever. Right now, this series has a good chance to get axed.

#13 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 01:43 PM

Yeah, I got a bad feeling this series may get canned. I mean the first chapter was fair, but I think people over YouTube are too fixated for the fact it's dark and edgy like other series they loved. The problem is execution seems rather weak at the moment. I'm starting to see the problem with the community and that is accepting the manga very easily by its genre. Kill someone or have angst? No problem, you're welcomed here.

Actually, I have a lot to say about the community that if I were to post a video, I'll be hated so quick. Lol. But seriously, I'll talk about it one day. In any case, I'm not that easy to get by and I won't accept it because of Bleach replacement or whatever. Right now, this series has a good chance to get axed.

Compared to most second chapters this one didn't really focus on anything. Most second chapters either focus on expanding certain aspect of the world the writer wants to focus on or expanding the main character beyond just his initial introduce persona is. Normally either they would focus on him saving one of his friend and building up the villains a bit more. Or they would focus on the people he saved exploring their characteristic (at least the important one ie the chick) and add more to his character instead of just brazen badass.

Instead everything was glossed or skim through the entire chapter just to show how much a brazen ultra bamp badass the main character is. 

People at a certain level of growing up start to think "darker means better" eventually as they grow older they learn this isn't true and that it is the quality of the story that matter.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 02 September 2016 - 02:18 PM.

#14 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 06:19 AM

Did red sprite have it third chapter come out or is it already canceled?

Edit: Never-mind it came out...Still bored. I still know very little about the cast. Other then the women is the cool calm one, main character is really brazen, and the guy who name I don't know exists. This feels like this should have probably been the second chapter. Honestly, they should have left out the main character backstory till later when we actually are interested in him. Actually so far these three chapter feel like one chapter cut into three to fill time.

Oh. He started a nation in the sky called "Magnolia" for all the enslave people which he got the idea from a story book, how cute. No wait, is he searching for it?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 11 September 2016 - 05:52 PM.

#15 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 01:08 PM

It reminds me of Iron Knight. Yes, it is the same creator.

#16 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 04:28 AM

Well, there she goes. It's ending this week. I called it. Well, not when exactly, but will. I knew it was going to fail, but it's sad really. The idea is good but the writing wasn't good enough to execute it. But on the bright side, at least it allowed me to see how some YT view anime/manga as of late. Not that I would mock or criticize them since it is subjective. It's a way to see what taste they have. Funny, because I was alone on not thinking it was good, let alone being the best first chapter.

It is what it is.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 22 November 2016 - 04:30 AM.

#17 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:49 AM

Well, there she goes. It's ending this week. I called it. Well, not when exactly, but will. I knew it was going to fail, but it's sad really. The idea is good but the writing wasn't good enough to execute it. But on the bright side, at least it allowed me to see how some YT view anime/manga as of late. Not that I would mock or criticize them since it is subjective. It's a way to see what taste they have. Funny, because I was alone on not thinking it was good, let alone being the best first chapter.

It is what it is.

Oh it finally getting cancelled? 

I haven't read it since the second or third chapter but just from those few chapters, its introduction to the story was poor. What the manga did was show us the backstory to the main character first, then for the rest I read just showed us a Brazen Badass. Normally in shounen while they show some backstory to introduce the main character, the setting, and the story. But they focus more on showing the main character major personality traits and his appeal to the audience in the first chapter. Then flesh him out in the next few chapters or later on.

The problem with the way they did it is that their is nothing to learn about him after his introduction. He was a orphan, was experimented on, kind reformed man help him escape twice, set out to free his friends and fight a evil system, ride around on his own air ship, spent years training in order to be strong enough to fight the system, and is very brazen. What else is their more to learn about him afterwards?

Now One Piece also started out with the first chapter as Luffy's (initial) backstory. The thing is the entire chapter was backstory so it could be consider a prologue. (Also they switch this around till later in the anime for the same reason they normally have the backstory later.) And Luffy isn't the sole interesting character to draw in the readers. His crew all have dynamic, unique, and interesting personality and looks. This guy crew consist of a bunch of bland mooks, a woman that is bound to be the cool love interest, and all his friends he will slowly freed over the course of the story. So the only interesting character is the main character and maybe the woman.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 23 November 2016 - 05:19 AM.

#18 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 03:04 PM

Oh it finally getting cancelled? 

I haven't read it since the second or third chapter but just from those few chapters its introduction to the story was poor. What it did was show us the backstory to the main character first then for the rest I read just showed us a Brazen Badass. Normally in shounen while they show some backstory to introduce the main character, the setting, and the story. But they focus more on showing the main character major personality traits and his appeal to the audience in the first chapter. Then flesh him out in the next few chapters or later on.

The problem with the way they did it is that their is nothing to learn about him. He was a orphan, was experimented on, kind reformed man help him escape twice, set out to free his friends and fight a evil system, ride around on his own air ship, spent years training in order to be strong enough to fight the system, and is very brazen. What else is their.

Now One Piece also started out with the first chapter as Luffy's (initial) backstory. The thing is the entire chapter was backstory so it could be consider a prologue. (Also they switch this around till later in the anime for the same reason they normally have the backstory later.) And Luffy isn't the sole interesting character to draw in the readers. His crew all have dynamic, unique, and interesting personality and looks. This guy crew consist of a bunch of bland mooks, a woman that is bound to be the cool love interest, and all his friends he will slowly freed over the course of the story. So the only interesting character is the main character and maybe the woman.

Exactly.

Well, the mangaka failed twice so far. Shame but either get better at writing a strong narrative, or go to a different magazine.

#19 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 06:20 PM

Exactly.

Well, the mangaka failed twice so far. Shame but either get better at writing a strong narrative, or go to a different magazine.

The main problem he has is pacing and story layout. I keep harping on this but the Brazen Badass's back story should not have been part of the first chapter. The First chapter of a manga is the most important hook of the series because it introduces the readers to the story's world, characters and potential. The thing is that you also suppose to make it somewhat of a mystery in a way you want the reader to wonder what going to happen to the story and the characters. By starting with the backstory of Brazen Badass we know basically everything about him. We know how he got his powers, and what his goal are at the start. Which ruins him as a cool character. Part of what makes a character cool is an air of mystery in their introduction which this character doesn't have. So it just watching some gary stu kickass. wohoo.

Most other shounen manga would have focused on the woman for the first chapter. So they could show of their main character without us knowing much about him. Bobobo, Ronin Kenshin, the pilot to food wars, Fariy Tail, Some of the pilots to One Piece, and so on.

#20 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 08:29 PM

The main problem he has is pacing and story layout. I keep harping on this but the Brazen Badass's back story should not have been part of the first chapter. The First chapter of a manga is the most important hook of the series because it introduces the readers to the story's world, characters and potential. The thing is that you also suppose to make it somewhat of a mystery in a way you want the reader to wonder what going to happen to the story and the characters. By starting with the backstory of Brazen Badass we know basically everything about him. We know how he got his powers, and what his goal are at the start. Which ruins him as a cool character. Part of what makes a character cool is an air of mystery in their introduction which this character doesn't have. So it just watching some gary stu kickass. wohoo.

Most other shounen manga would have focused on the woman for the first chapter. So they could show of their main character without us knowing much about him. Bobobo, Ronin Kenshin, the pilot to food wars, Fariy Tail, Some of the pilots to One Piece, and so on.

I agreed.

I guess it tried to be similar to Attack on Titan, where the journey is where we learn the character rather than the mystery, but even that series has something behind it after the whole incident. With this protagonist, he was already established and he was fine with everything, so there's nothing else to worry. Not to mention, the pacing is too fast, so it has no time to set up the tension or anything that is compelling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users