18 replies to this topic

#1 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:24 PM

Winter anime season is almost already over, (or over for some animes already) and have to say it wasn't the best season, I think I only really watched one anime. Spring Anime season starts soon.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/season

I don't think I've ever seen a season with so many sequels and spin-off in one place, I counted at least 12, with the standouts being the Attack of the Titan and Hero Academia for most, me I didn't get into either so not really that important for me. Love Tyrant should be an amusing anime, beyond that i'll just watch and see what takes my fancy, except Manga Ero-Sensie, after that persons last work I intend to avoid that one. oh and Burrito, I''m going to avoid that lame banana skin hair so called hero as well.

So what are you guys planning on watching? Any recommendations.

iAnby7W.gif

#2 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:38 PM

I want to DESTROY that "fourth piece of incomprehensible garbage" that I see. I look forward to Boku no Hero Academia season 2 and......... Well not much else since I don't watch Shinngeki no Kyoujin and I have never for the life of me watch any light novel anime because 99.999999999999999999% of them are the same boring recycled premise over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. As in a massive, and always incestious harem disguised as battle series or whatever respective craft the main character is interested in and their quest to become the best/strongest while having as many members for the opposite sex swoon at their general direction. In other words, every otaku beta male's effing fantasy. :roll:

Well correction I see a few that are interest me since I follow their manga but it is of casual interest as I won't be rushing to watch those episodes every week. It is again only BnHa season 2

Edited by Phantom_999, 25 March 2017 - 05:41 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:46 PM

Like me and Chi said,

"I feel Winter was stacked with better quality but Spring is stacked with bigger names."

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 25 March 2017 - 05:55 PM.

#4 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts
  • Interests:Games, Anime, OUAT....stuff I can't remember...and music!

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:31 PM

Kyoukai no Rinne! Just that I think

tumblr_m8a1skcZ6M1rx8yloo1_500.jpg

Joui Four

#5 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:32 PM

I'm excited to see Shinjeki no Kyoujin Season 2 the most. The other two are Kekkai Sensen Season 2 and Nanatsu no Taizai Season 2.

#6 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 12:39 AM

I see no romance anime, Well Boku will do if Phantom is willing to pay XD.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#7 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 11:55 AM

I AM paying. :P I'm watching "Gate- Jietai Kare no chi nite, kaku Tatakeri" so we have stuff to talk about!! :w00t:  (or Gate "Japanese novel" series lol since there is alot of fctional works with "Gate" in the name)

Correction on myself I look forward to BnHa and Yugioh VRains!!!!! :party: and again there ARE a couple series that I like casually because I read their manga so I will check out those series. If anyone wants to know it's Rennai Bokkun and Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records. the Former because it's seems more comedic than other harems with a "played for laughs" yandere which is a breath for fresh air for me and the latter because even though it is a light novel series, the main character is actually interesting and it remembles nothing like a wish fulfillment harem. :smile:  Not yet in any case. :ermm: I'm excited for Berserk but I read the manga so watching the anime wouldn't interest me much as it is too far behind and the anime pops out  in too large of intervals for me

Edited by Phantom_999, 26 March 2017 - 11:56 AM.

#8 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 02:34 PM

I AM paying. :P I'm watching "Gate- Jietai Kare no chi nite, kaku Tatakeri" so we have stuff to talk about!! :w00t:  (or Gate "Japanese novel" series lol since there is alot of fctional works with "Gate" in the name)

Correction on myself I look forward to BnHa and Yugioh VRains!!!!! :party: and again there ARE a couple series that I like casually because I read their manga so I will check out those series. If anyone wants to know it's Rennai Bokkun and Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records. the Former because it's seems more comedic than other harems with a "played for laughs" yandere which is a breath for fresh air for me and the latter because even though it is a light novel series, the main character is actually interesting and it remembles nothing like a wish fulfillment harem. :smile:  Not yet in any case. :ermm: I'm excited for Berserk but I read the manga so watching the anime wouldn't interest me much as it is too far behind and the anime pops out  in too large of intervals for me

Rennai Bokkun is funny, a Yandere girl, and a Gay couples loving cupid, what more could you ask for right? It's also an amusing spin on the whole Death Note concept. I couldn't get into the lazy teacher's manga adaptation, the concept was interesting but I was tired of military magic school setup with a under estimated Male MC.

iAnby7W.gif

#9 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:10 PM

Hmm yes the idea itself is not original, I'll admit that, although I find it more interesting than many other LN adaptations myself so I'll still give it a go. That said, yeah I understand that the lazy, underestimated type MC in a militaristic type of  magic school is is pretty generic too. But again At least this guy is not so one dimensional, not to me at least. :smile:

#10 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:47 PM

Never thought about this before, but how exactly are they going to create a whole series based on the piece of turd that is Boruto? The manga is not even a year old and is still only covering the lame movie, So they will be either be stretching a under 2 hours moving into 4 hours series, or it's going to have fillers from the get go, or both...SP really don't give a s**t about the content do they? They just want to continue to milk the cow, and dumb fans are going to eat it up.

I don't think the manga is doing well enough to justify a anime.

iAnby7W.gif

#11 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 05:43 PM

Never thought about this before, but how exactly are they going to create a whole series based on the piece of turd that is Boruto? The manga is not even a year old and is still only covering the lame movie, So they will be either be stretching a under 2 hours moving into 4 hours series, or it's going to have fillers from the get go, or both...SP really don't give a s**t about the content do they? They just want to continue to milk the cow, and dumb fans are going to eat it up.

I don't think the manga is doing well enough to justify a anime.

The manga you're talking about  finished. Another manga is going to start called Boruto which will tell the story of Boruto's journey as far as I know. I'm not sure. But, there's going to be another manga called Boruto, I think, and it's going to be a monthly manga and starting this year ( ? ). They'll animate it probably afterwards.

Since it's monthly, I think it's going to take at least 4 to 5 years :P

#12 Tokura Misaki

Tokura Misaki

左京さん最推し❤

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:36 AM

Last winter anime, I got bored because [Super Lovers 2] was the only anime that caught me attention. I watch anime depending on my fave seiyuu or genre. This spring anime, I'l definitely watching: [Kenka Banchou Otome] [Fukumenkei Noise] [Kabukibu] and [Starmyu 2]. I'll give [Room Mate] [Oukittensu Kyoushi Haine] and [Love Kome] a try.

I really wanted to watch Kyoukai no Rinne but season 1 is a must. I'll just read manga version anyway.

#13 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 11:53 AM

The manga you're talking about  finished. Another manga is going to start called Boruto which will tell the story of Boruto's journey as far as I know. I'm not sure. But, there's going to be another manga called Boruto, I think, and it's going to be a monthly manga and starting this year ( ? ). They'll animate it probably afterwards.

Since it's monthly, I think it's going to take at least 4 to 5 years :P

I thought that was a crack manga from the mangaka behind Rock Lee's Springtime of youth manga, is there a second manga starting or is the mangaka going to take a stab at a more serious manga?

I guess if Boruto's manga is over, then it was a flop, I don't think it ever covered the enemy we saw at the beginning did it?

Edited by harry4e, 30 March 2017 - 11:56 AM.

iAnby7W.gif

#14 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:09 AM

I thought that was a crack manga from the mangaka behind Rock Lee's Springtime of youth manga, is there a second manga starting or is the mangaka going to take a stab at a more serious manga?

I guess if Boruto's manga is over, then it was a flop, I don't think it ever covered the enemy we saw at the beginning did it?

I don't know much information about it, but I think it's going t be a serious manga. I forgot the name of the mangaka.

No, the enemy will be told about in the next Boruto manga.

You'll get all the answer if you asked in the Great Naruto Discussion thread or in the NS Debate thread. They know the info as in the name of the manga, who's the mangaka and when it will start.

#15 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:22 PM

I don't know much information about it, but I think it's going t be a serious manga. I forgot the name of the mangaka.

No, the enemy will be told about in the next Boruto manga.

You'll get all the answer if you asked in the Great Naruto Discussion thread or in the NS Debate thread. They know the info as in the name of the manga, who's the mangaka and when it will start.

Considering the Boruto manga is still ongoing, I don't think it's over at all, and the new manga is a comedy from the mangaka who did those deformed manga's with Rock Lee.

http://comicbook.com...pin-off-series/

iAnby7W.gif

#16 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 11:51 AM

Considering the Boruto manga is still ongoing, I don't think it's over at all, and the new manga is a comedy from the mangaka who did those deformed manga's with Rock Lee.

http://comicbook.com...pin-off-series/

The Boruto manga that was about the Boruto movie is over. The next one is a spin-off manga about Boruto which the link tells about it.

#17 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 12:07 PM

The Boruto manga that was about the Boruto movie is over. The next one is a spin-off manga about Boruto which the link tells about it.

No it isn't. the manga is still on going:

http://www.mangapand...-generations/11

That's the latest chapter, it came out on Thursday, the writer and artists are all the same. the new manga is a spin-off in the vein of Rock Lee, with the super deformed heads. it says it in the article

'The preview art for the Boruto spin-off shows the titular hero and his teammate Sarada drawn in chibi-style.'

Sadly Boruto is still ongoing, the movie arc is over and a new arc has started in this months chapter.

iAnby7W.gif

#18 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 01:23 PM

No it isn't. the manga is still on going:

http://www.mangapand...-generations/11

That's the latest chapter, it came out on Thursday, the writer and artists are all the same. the new manga is a spin-off in the vein of Rock Lee, with the super deformed heads. it says it in the article

'The preview art for the Boruto spin-off shows the titular hero and his teammate Sarada drawn in chibi-style.'

Sadly Boruto is still ongoing, the movie arc is over and a new arc has started in this months chapter.

Ah. I see. So, the movie arc wasn't a manga of itself. Thanks for clarifying it to me.

#19 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 09:38 PM

NOPE......... It wasn't. They literally wasted 11 months recapping a movie anyone can just watch in an hour or two

Edited by Phantom_999, 01 April 2017 - 09:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users