Close
Photo

Are you glad to be alive?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
68 replies to this topic

Poll: Tell us here (47 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you?

1. yes I am, Life is great (31 votes [65.96%])

Percentage of vote: 65.96%

2. Kinda, though sometimes I do think death is better (14 votes [29.79%])

Percentage of vote: 29.79%

3. No, Life sucks >.< (2 votes [4.26%])

Percentage of vote: 4.26%

Vote

#1 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:45 PM

Ok, lets admit it, some of us have absolutely sucky life, heck some of our life is just plain and simple disaster. Some can endure it and still appreciate life while other just on the verge of giving up. So... tell me, which 1 are you?

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#2 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:52 PM

While I don't truly believe that my life suck completely, I have to admit that my life is just plain and boring. I have my up and down like every normal person but I never consider extreme measure like suicide to deal with my problems.

Edited by silverserenity, 31 March 2010 - 11:52 PM.

#3 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:55 PM

Sometimes I just really want it to end... But... I'm not ready to give up yet... I've OD on pain pills...

But, I'm gonna keep my confidence. Try to get through life, I honestly stopped caring what people say about me for doing nothing. How am I suppose to know how Naruto ends if I give up on life? XD

#4 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:55 AM

Life.

/insert rather deep reason here

#5 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:05 AM

Life has puppies.

Death has no puppies.

Life > Death.

#6 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:23 AM

Though things could be going alot better for me (I'm 27 and I still live with my parents sleep.gif) I'm happy to be alive. smile.gif

uc.png

#7 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:24 AM

I find it interesting how anime forums seem to show a greater amount of depression compared to so many other places where it would be less peculiar to find that sort of gloom. I have great friends, both off- and online, a fun hobby and I'm on my way to get a good education. I have a great family who loves me, and I love them. I have a place to live, and I eat and drink well... there's nothing for me to complain about, and so I won't. Now, I'm quite familiar with depression, as I've been a psychology student for almost 4 years now, and I've worked within the psychiatric hospitals for almost three. A lot of the problems Internet dwellers suffer from, can be greatly improved by a healthier lifestyle.

On a more serious note: If you're so depressed that you're actually playing with the thought of ending yourself for any reason. Please, PLEASE try going to a professional to get some help. There's absolutely no shame in going to therapy if you're depressed, and it can possibly improve both your own life as well as that of those close to you. There's no reason to suffer alone, when there are people willing to listen and talk. If you don't want to meet with a therapist face to face, but feel like you should talk to someone, I'm available and more than happy to help. I can talk to you on either MSN or Skype depending on what you want, and as I said, I have almost three years of experience with these kinds of situations and I have been able to help people before (granted, I've rarely worked like that online). Even if it's just to talk when you feel down, let me know and I'll try my darnedest to get back to you as quick as possible. Questions about therapy, depression, family or life in general... ask whatever.

#8 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:33 AM

I appreciate every second of life I get, only get to live once.
\

#9 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:50 AM

I enjoy life sure it has It's ups and downs but It's all part of lessons and experiences. Unfortunatly their are some out in the world that are living in almost heck (people with no family, food, and/or shelter). So yeah i've been real blessed and thankful, whenever i get to feeling down, I always try to remember there is others in far more worse shape than me.

Yes, I do believe in life after death (heaven) happy.gif

#10 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:52 AM

Appreciating it right here. That's all I have to say about it.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#11 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:59 AM

QUOTE (Vyse @ Apr 1 2010, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I find it interesting how anime forums seem to show a greater amount of depression compared to so many other places where it would be less peculiar to find that sort of gloom. I have great friends, both off- and online, a fun hobby and I'm on my way to get a good education. I have a great family who loves me, and I love them. I have a place to live, and I eat and drink well... there's nothing for me to complain about, and so I won't. Now, I'm quite familiar with depression, as I've been a psychology student for almost 4 years now, and I've worked within the psychiatric hospitals for almost three. A lot of the problems Internet dwellers suffer from, can be greatly improved by a healthier lifestyle.

On a more serious note: If you're so depressed that you're actually playing with the thought of ending yourself for any reason. Please, PLEASE try going to a professional to get some help. There's absolutely no shame in going to therapy if you're depressed, and it can possibly improve both your own life as well as that of those close to you. There's no reason to suffer alone, when there are people willing to listen and talk. If you don't want to meet with a therapist face to face, but feel like you should talk to someone, I'm available and more than happy to help. I can talk to you on either MSN or Skype depending on what you want, and as I said, I have almost three years of experience with these kinds of situations and I have been able to help people before (granted, I've rarely worked like that online). Even if it's just to talk when you feel down, let me know and I'll try my darnedest to get back to you as quick as possible. Questions about therapy, depression, family or life in general... ask whatever.

I now dub thee, Vyse the psychiatrist/quack of H&E!! XD but anyways, great offer Vyse. I think some people may need help here regarding their lives. I think you should open up a thread for yourself giving psychiatry sessions.

On topic: well, I do have some lows in my life. But I always say to myself, no matter what happens we must keep moving forward. Because, I have a belief all humans have a role to play in this world. I also believe in Shikamaru's will of fire. To let the future live, we must keep moving forward to build the path for the bearers of the future & protect them.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#12 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:03 AM

Heck yeah I am.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#13 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:31 PM

Pfft I've spent 17 years (+2 more for grad school) getting the education I need to finally start my career this year and you think I'll end it now? Yeah right!

QUOTE (Vyse @ Apr 1 2010, 01:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can talk to you on either MSN or Skype depending on what you want

I DONT WANT TO LIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. CRAWLING IN MY SKINNNNNNNNNN.

#14 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:26 PM

No, I am not.

#15 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:29 PM

Eh... Sometimes I'm glad, other times I'm not.

#16 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:58 PM

My life is stressful at times. Generally rough. I admit to depression taking over more than I'd like. But I'm always glad to be alive.

You just keep moving, keep rolling like a stone down the hill of life. Life is always better than death. Life carries beauty, love, music, arts and happiness in addition to the bad things. Death is the end of everything; the endpoint where all aspire to. There is no beauty to it; it's messy, it's awful and it's saddening.

There's no question which is better; even in your darkest hour there is some beauty in life to behold or experience, you just have to look and eventually, no matter how deep, you will find it.

[/annoying spiel]

Edited by dl316bh, 01 April 2010 - 08:01 PM.

bd5.jpg

#17 NaruGirl

NaruGirl

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:00 PM

Sometimes, it's rather tiring and depressing! But i am still glad to be alive!!! smile.gif
NaruSaku isn't just something, it's 100% the best.:3

#18 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:28 PM

Phew, gotta admit, its pretty nice to know that most people here prefer to be alive than dead... other forums where I post this pretty much have AT LEAST 1/4 of them saying its better to b dead, some even escalate so bad that its pretty darn depressing.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#19 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:35 PM

well, i always wondered what it would be like to be a ghost...

Edited by Strangelove, 02 April 2010 - 09:36 PM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#20 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 03 April 2010 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Apr 2 2010, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well, i always wondered what it would be like to be a ghost...

Visit My Website
\

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users