Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:26 PM

Chapter is out!

Minato is awesome, great chapter. wow.png

Edited by Uzumakikage, 15 July 2010 - 10:33 PM.

#2 crazyefra

crazyefra

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:Living, Having a lot of friends. <br />In terms of music, anything but Bachata (excluding Juan Luis Guerra), Reggaeton and Merengue. <br />In terms of anime and T.V. shows, Naruto, Bleach, Kekkaishi, Psych, Burn Notice, Mythbusters, Family Guy, Attack of the Show, White Collar, Heroes. <br />In terms of movies, anything but Twilight, &quot;girly&quot; movies, high school &quot;dramas&quot;, horror movies (excluding zombie flicks). <br />In terms of fanfics, I only read stories with NS as the pairing or Naruharem fics with Sakura being part of it and nothing where Sakura or Naruto gets bashed constantly and killed like if they were animals.

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:27 PM

It's out

Finally
そして、あなたの声は私が聞いたすべてだった
しかし、私に値するものを手に入れる

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSaku, (Fem)NaruSaku, NaruSasu (as brothers, rivals, best friends), ShikaTema, NaruInoSaku, NaruHarem (excluding Hinata), MinaKushi, ChouIno, YahiKona
Fairy Tail: NatsuLucy, NatsuErza :D
Bleach: IchiRukia

Characters:
Naruto: Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru, Konan, Gaara, Kushina, Kakashi, Ino
Fairy Tail: Erza, Happy, Natsu, Grey, Lucy, Gajeel
Bleach: Ichigo, Nell, Kenpachi, Rukia, Karin, Kon

Misc.: Linkin Park, Green Day

In between Anti and Pro: --Click here to view--

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSakuHina, SakuHina, NaruTayu, KibaHina, SakuKarin
Bleach: IchiHime

Characters:
Naruto: Hinata, Tayuya, Karin, Itachi
Bleach: Orihime, Chad

Misc.: Yuri :D

Pairings:
Naruto: SasuSaku, NaruHina, NaruSasu (as gay lovers), KakaSaku, SasuAnyone, ShikaIno

Characters:
Naruto: Sasuke, Madara, "fanon" Hinata (not to be confused with canon Hinata), Kabuto
Bleach: Aizen, Yamamoto

Misc.:Twilight, Yaoi, Fillers, Sakura bashing

#3 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:38 PM

Meet Namikaze Minato, total badass.

#4 crazyefra

crazyefra

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:Living, Having a lot of friends. <br />In terms of music, anything but Bachata (excluding Juan Luis Guerra), Reggaeton and Merengue. <br />In terms of anime and T.V. shows, Naruto, Bleach, Kekkaishi, Psych, Burn Notice, Mythbusters, Family Guy, Attack of the Show, White Collar, Heroes. <br />In terms of movies, anything but Twilight, &quot;girly&quot; movies, high school &quot;dramas&quot;, horror movies (excluding zombie flicks). <br />In terms of fanfics, I only read stories with NS as the pairing or Naruharem fics with Sakura being part of it and nothing where Sakura or Naruto gets bashed constantly and killed like if they were animals.

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:48 PM

Minato has just become one of my new favorite characters. This was just awesome.

----------------
Now playing: Marc Anthony - A QuiƩn Quiero Mentirle
via FoxyTunes
そして、あなたの声は私が聞いたすべてだった
しかし、私に値するものを手に入れる

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSaku, (Fem)NaruSaku, NaruSasu (as brothers, rivals, best friends), ShikaTema, NaruInoSaku, NaruHarem (excluding Hinata), MinaKushi, ChouIno, YahiKona
Fairy Tail: NatsuLucy, NatsuErza :D
Bleach: IchiRukia

Characters:
Naruto: Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru, Konan, Gaara, Kushina, Kakashi, Ino
Fairy Tail: Erza, Happy, Natsu, Grey, Lucy, Gajeel
Bleach: Ichigo, Nell, Kenpachi, Rukia, Karin, Kon

Misc.: Linkin Park, Green Day

In between Anti and Pro: --Click here to view--

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSakuHina, SakuHina, NaruTayu, KibaHina, SakuKarin
Bleach: IchiHime

Characters:
Naruto: Hinata, Tayuya, Karin, Itachi
Bleach: Orihime, Chad

Misc.: Yuri :D

Pairings:
Naruto: SasuSaku, NaruHina, NaruSasu (as gay lovers), KakaSaku, SasuAnyone, ShikaIno

Characters:
Naruto: Sasuke, Madara, "fanon" Hinata (not to be confused with canon Hinata), Kabuto
Bleach: Aizen, Yamamoto

Misc.:Twilight, Yaoi, Fillers, Sakura bashing

#5 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:52 PM

Awesome chapter and we finally see the fourh Hokage in action a very good chapter I frankly don't care how long Kishi stretches the flashback it's awesome. I love how Kakashi and Gai were about to go eat together (Gai is the living image of Rock Lee he must be his dad).
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#6 tosakuai

tosakuai

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Nature, Family, and learning about anything Japanese

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:54 PM

No doubt about who the masked man is now. Yeah Minato! I don't know about you guys, but I'm liking this flashback arc. Bring on more Minato action.

Edited by tosakuai, 15 July 2010 - 10:55 PM.

#7 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:57 PM

I already got a thread made a minute before this one.

#8 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:00 PM

It was alright. I'm not a big fan of Canon Sues, so I don't like Minato much. And I'd already thought about this being the way to beat Madara, hitting him right after his phasing ends. I've seen it in other anime, as well as video games, so this wasn't really anything new to me.

But it looks like the Kyuubi did end up in the middle of the village. That makes the villagers hatred of Naruto a bit more understandable. Still deplorable, but understandable.

#9 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:04 PM

To tell the truth this chapter really bored me.......The only interesting part to me was at the beginning when Itachi was talking to baby Sasuke. I didn't find the fight that great cause in some fanfics I read that's exactly how Naruto beats Madara bit more interesting drawn though.

JLHza2T.png

#10 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:06 PM

OMG, young gai is Lee version 1! And I gotta say, Madara looks equaly awesome as Minato. He makes a villian far greater than Sasuke will ever be. sleep.gif

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#11 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:12 PM

Hah, even at an old age, Hiruzen's still going to take on the Nine-Tailed Fox without trepidation. Looks like that teleporting rasengan move from the Naruto video games is part of Minato's techniques. It's so sweet how Itachi's being so brotherly towards Sasuke.... Makes Sasuke more like a jerk for trying to destroy Konoha even though Itachi tried to save it.

#12 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:15 PM

Personally I think Kishi is placing Sasuke and Itachi for another reason, does anyone else notice when Itachi says his parents were gone?

#13 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:16 PM

Just read the chapter myself and I gotta say, Minato was a total badass in this chapter.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#14 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jul 15 2010, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like that teleporting rasengan move from the Naruto video games is part of Minato's techniques.

Minato's move also reminded me of Naruto's when he fought Pein:

Attached File  sosimilar.jpg   150.27KB   61 downloads

#15 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Jul 15 2010, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally I think Kishi is placing Sasuke and Itachi for another reason, does anyone else notice when Itachi says his parents were gone?

I noticed that too. Makes you wonder if Madara is body jumping in some way or if the Uchiha were in the know and hoping to profit from the Kyuubi's wanton destruction.

Tidbits! : The Nidame was a suiton user as stated by the third during the sand-sound invasion, and now we find out that he was also a space/time user.
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

#16 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Jul 15 2010, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep. To echo Itachi's question, why indeed? Seems like maybe Madara isn't acting alone. Begs the question though, if the Uchiha's are in on the attack of the village why would they leave their young children in danger like that. Maybe they are being coerced into helping Madara, rather than helping him out of some animosity towards Konoha's leadership.

Watching Minato fight makes me wonder how Naruto will surpass him...

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#17 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:45 PM

Minato is badass and I'm glad that Kishi finally bring that flashback. happy.gif

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Jul 16 2010, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I've notice that too. I doubt that Kishi put Itachi and Sasuke there with no reason and let Itachi comment about his parent not being there. I'm sure there is some vital info about that but I guess that we'll have to wait and see.

#18 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:23 AM

Chapter went too fast. Clicked the "next" button and was completely surprised it was over. I hate that.

Eh, Sasuke and Itachi are important to the overall plot. That why both those characters (and their family history) are developed to such a degree. If they weren't, Kishi would have dropped them like a hot potato (Hinata).

Edited by tricksie, 16 July 2010 - 12:24 AM.

#19 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Jul 15 2010, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was alright. I'm not a big fan of Canon Sues, so I don't like Minato much. And I'd already thought about this being the way to beat Madara, hitting him right after his phasing ends. I've seen it in other anime, as well as video games, so this wasn't really anything new to me.

Erm, it's the only way to beat him: attack when he becomes vulnerable. What else do you think he could do, touch the untouchable? He isn't a canon sue, he's just slightly stronger then another person in terms of speed. Not something to be so disappointed about; after all, his own techniques revolve around speed while Madara's are for phasing out of reality. Big difference between the two.

#20 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Jul 15 2010, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Erm, it's the only way to beat him: attack when he becomes vulnerable. What else do you think he could do, touch the untouchable? He isn't a canon sue, he's just slightly stronger then another person in terms of speed. Not something to be so disappointed about; after all, his own techniques revolve around speed while Madara's are for phasing out of reality. Big difference between the two.

No, he's a Sue. He's an unparalleled genius, loved by everyone, known throughout the entire world, feared by enemies that never met him, defeated pretty much the entirety of the Iwa ninja force during the war single handedly, and he died a tragic, heroic death. He even managed to bring himself back to life just in the nick of time to stop Naruto from destroying the village, and even though he was supposed to be running low on chakra, restored Naruto's Four Element Seal with a single hand twist. He's the very definition of Mary Sue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users