Heaven & Earth

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 hokuten

hokuten

I am CLUTCH.

• Kage
  • 8,014 posts
  • Interests:EHRGEIZ: God Bless The Ring!

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:06 PM

Yes you're eyes do not deceive you, and what you are reading is for real! I know I said that I wasn't sure of continuing the saga, and that I felt like I was past my prime. But it's been over 3 years since the HMS ended, and I suppose my muse was burned out at the time. But now after the 3 year hiatus, it's come back to me and burning plot, new storyline, and of course 3 years worth of material that makes this new storyline more H&E, than HMS NaruSaku. Thus Part 2 is now "Heaven & Earth", and just like the Naruto series, yes, TIME SKIP!

Part of the inspiration was thanks to Yoko's drabble, I blame her entirely and put all responsibility for this sudden urge to write on her. Thanks for relighting the fire! a_hug.gif And so in turn, Part 2 will have two new central characters, one original cast member (no it's not me!), and an original character who will will act as the driving plot line. So yes, those of you who didn't make it into the first part of the journey, will get their chance to become apart of it once more! But please let me remind you that being in the story is not about popularity, or good will mentioning, or name recognition. This is first and foremost a docu-drama on H&E, and also please remember that a good portion of the story will be fiction. But fiction based on previous and True events.

For Part 2, I'm going down a darker and more grittier path. HMS NaruSaku was for the most part clean and pure, with good fun, and serious history. This time, it's going to be darker, grittier, slightly more realistic (meaning no super powers or anything over the top, or OVERLY exaggerated). It's going to explore more of the persona, and people aspect, than a cause or crusade. You have been fore warned, and from here on out, please read at your own discretion and disclosure.

Also I am not pinning this thread since this will be more of an ever changing draft. I'm going back to the original style, of writing each chapter as I go, and in bits and pieces. So it won't be officially done until I've actually said I've completed it. Of course, this will be a limited series, and will probably not go more than 5-10+ chapters, yes, 5-10 as I don't want to burn myself out again, and will be treating this like a Mini-Series than a full fledged rebirth.

And of course, open reviews/comments are always welcome, please abide by forum rules and do not spam-kill the thread.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prelude: The HMS NaruSaku
Episode 01: Rebirth
  • Chapter 01: Misunderstandings
  • Chapter 02: In the Darkness
  • Chapter 03: Cheating Death

Episode 02: Upside Down
  • Chapter 04: Home Again
  • Chapter 05: Isolation
  • Chapter 06: Young Guns

Episode 03: Blood Trail
  • Chapter 07: Opposition
  • Chapter 08: Inn Keeper Stories
  • Chapter 09: Shattered

Episode 04: Aequitas & Veritas
  • Chapter 10: Dad is that you?
  • Chapter 11: End Game
  • Chapter 12: Atonement

Episode 05: Destiny & Fate
  • Chapter 13: Do you remember?
  • Epilogue

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now . . . a preview of Heaven & Earth, just so you know exactly what to expect!

Heaven & Earth --Click here to view--
"...how exactly we are still alive, and not suffocating to death..."

"...auto-hibernation program...the ship...must have...abandon it...hit...rock bottom..."

"...salvage it from the bottom...extended hibernation mode...into full lock down...stasis mode..."

"..to be trapped at the bottom of the sea. The isolation, and loneliness would be too much to bare for anyone."

"...Goodbye...goodbye...goodbye
...goodbye..."

Shadows, all I can remember are shadows and voices speaking. I know the voices, but I can't see their faces. I'm unconscious, lost too much blood, and cold. All I can remember is him. He's carrying me on his back. The warmth from his body seeping into mine, knowing it's him carrying me is keeping me from falling into the darkness. He's always pulling out from the darkness and back into the light....

...but not this time.

This time...I saved him. For once in my life, I saved him.

I still remember the first day I met him, when I was just a little girl, and I'll always remember that moment.

"..your name...no I mean...your real name...hey you okay?...you okay?...okay?"

I hear a voice now, a different voice, overlapping his. Lighter hearted, younger. There's a bright light shining on me, I can't see his face, but I can see an outline someone standing over me reaching his hand towards me. I reach for his, it's has the same warmth, but it's not the same.

"Hey? Are you okay? Wow, I never thought I'd find someone still alive down here!? And especially in perfect condition!"

This young boy spoke in this excited tone, as if he had found some kind of long lost treasure. My eyes were still trying to focus, I could see his outline, but it was all still fuzzy. He sat me down in a chair next to the pod he had just pulled me out of, and suddenly I saw something that my eyes had not seen since that fateful day. My name, glowing from the hilt of a sword this boy was carrying, still floating around.

"Who...who are you?" I asked him as I was trying to shake off the fuzziness. "And where did you get that sword?"

My eye sight finally came back to me, and I finally got a good look at the kid. He didn't appear much younger than I was, maybe twelve, or thirteen years old, and I was sixteen. He almost looked like him, skinnier, still growing, that same dark brown hair, but his eyes were different. Not the same, but more like his mother. Just before I could ask him another question, he jumped right at me and before I knew it, he reading some journal and looking at me back and forth.

"What is it? Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked him, as my head was also starting to clear up.

"Because it's YOU!" He said in shock and awe. "The one my father always spoke about, the one my parents named my sister after. And the one who can probably see your own name on our family sword!"

Family sword? I thought to myself, but that could only mean one thing.

"You're her! The Bloody Angel! My father's Angel of Death! YOKO!"

To be continued...

And there you have it! This is just the excerpt from the full chapter that is Episode 1: Rebirth (name subject to change). If you didn't see that coming, well it's done and it is coming! I wish I could have posted it as a Birthday gift for you (you know who you are, duh it's in the story), I'm sorry, I've been so busy with work. But since I'm posting it now, Happy Belated Birthday gift from me! And I hope you'll like it for now, even if it's just a snippet! Also, I semi-did have this pre-planned ahead, as one of the alternate endings I wanted to do for HMS NaruSaku did involve this outcome, so I'm going to play with it, and continue writing!

Stay tuned for a full chapter 1, and here's to a new start on a new Epic Mini-Series, that is now ... Heaven & Earth!

EDIT: OH AND ANOTHER NOTE! I am not posting Chapter 1 until True gets Gears of War 2. So please put pressure on True for the delay of Chapter 1's posting. Until he has bought his own copy, I refuse to post chapter 1. So go blame True.

sushiset1_shrimp.gifHard-Gay-animated-sprite.gif
"Shiny. Let's go be bad guys."

#2 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:46 PM

I can't believe you're holding me hostage with this...

#3 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:23 PM

. . . HOKU. DD8 Ai...

I'm speechlesswtf. ;__; That snippet was awesome. I love the way you write and I can't wait for more-- that said.

True. Get Gears 2. NAO. D8<

#4 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:03 AM

Wow, it's back.

I'll be looking forward to more of this story, Hoku! I wonder what happened to the rest of the crew during that timeskip?

True, the poor man is desperate for a GOW2 partner. Get (or rent) that game! Nothing to do with the rest of us wanting to read the first chapter...

#5 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:20 AM

Dude, Hoku. I have Gears of War 2. Willing to play if you don't mind me sortof phailing at the whole... aiming aspect. =D But True, get the game. It's awesome. D: Aaaand, I need more than just one other person for Horde mode. >_>;

#6 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:47 AM

I've also got Gears of War 2! But I'm deaf, so I'm not sure how much use I would be without knowing what the hell you guys are saying. XD;

#7 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:51 AM

That... would be an issue, wouldn't it. XD; I mostly curse loudly and scream "REVIVE MEEE" when I panic. D: So, not sure I would be of much use either. >.>;

#8 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,861 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:12 AM

I'm looking forward to this as well. I read some of the first HMS and I notice many of the characters in the fic are the actual members here. Now, I'm just checking that this version will have the current members here on the fic, right? Then again...

Little spoiler for the fic --Click here to view--
I'm hearing Team F.U.T.A. is in it...

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#9 hokuten

hokuten

I am CLUTCH.

• Kage
  • 8,014 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 06:15 PM

lol thanks for the support so far! And yes Team F.U.T.A. will play it's part/role! And this time around it will include current members, and some that were here, but now are gone. The Time-Skip actually takes place 20 years later, but of course, there's a lot of material to be going to be put into it. Anyway, we can stop the hate mail for True, since I'll start now.

And here - we - go!

Episode 1: Rebirth

Chapter 1: Misunderstandings

"...a time in my life when I always wanted to have a daughter. And so I was blessed, with one."

Father always had a soft spot for her, being the first one and all. He always favored her, and treated her best, and whenever she needed something, he would almost always cave in and give it to her. I suppose I was always jealous of my sister, but at the same time, she always looked out for me, and told me that he loves me too. I always found it hard to believe, since he always made me do the harder work, and training. It was never enough for him, I was just the boy, the one that has to do all the hard work. I wasn't blessed like my sister who had the smarts and skills, and natural abilities like father. But I tried. Tried so hard to get his approval, and his recognition. But it was never enough, never. He was like a machine, just working the both of us to death, day in day out. Training hard until our bones hurt, and constantly testing the both of us. I never got how my sister could keep up with it. I hated it, especially since worked me harder, and gave me twice the trouble. It made me so mad that she got it so easy.

Mother used always used to say that Michiyo may have the best of both of their traits. But the one thing that was in me was my father's determination, and my mother's patience. That was until she left us. Father was so heartbroken when Mother had passed away. Even though he was so calm and always happy to see her, this was the first time I ever say him in true pain. And I understood that even someone as great as father was, still was human after all. From then on it was just me, Michiyo, and Father. He became more cold, and harder on us. But I didn't give up! I wanted him to know that the both of us would be here to help and support him. Michiyo always said that no matter what, even if he was cold and harsh, that he still loved us no matter what. And that one day, that he'll see me for who I am, and that I'll be able to surpass him.

It had been a few years since Mother was gone, and Michiyo was already ready to go off on her own. I remember Father giving her his "You're all grown up" speech, the one someday I wanted him to give me. He said it with such pride and joy that Michiyo grew up to be such a strong person. I said my goodbye to her too, and she promised she would write back to us. I loved my sister, and she was great. But now, it was just me and Father.

Especially since Michiyo had left, he drove me harder. Without my sister there to back me up, I felt helpless. Pushed to the limit and more. Day in day out, I had to listen to my Father drill me into the ground. Somedays I felt like I wanted to just leave and run away, but I didn't. Because Michiyo's letters kept me going. She told me about how she's on the journey of retracing Father's steps. Going back to H&E, visiting NF and the old club house, and even the first ship he sailed in was made into a landmark. The stories she told me in her letters were just like the ones Mother used to tell me. But there were always parts that were never clear, ones that only Father would know about, but whenever we would ask him, he would get mad and scold us.

Years pass, and now I'm thirteen. It was today that I finally got his approval through my hard work and determination. And for the first time since Michiyo had left, he put a firm hand on my shoulder and smiled at me with pride. I had finally gotten his recognition, and he was proud of me that I was starting to become a man. That same night, be brought me in and told me about how I reminded him of himself when he was my age. It was the first time he ever opened up to me about himself, and about his past. It was like the same stories Mother told, except now they were coming from him. But strangely enough, it was exactly as Mother told it. It was then that I felt that he was hiding something from me. Like he purposely left out the real details. Afterwards, I felt conflicted about him. I had gotten his recognition, but he still won't tell me about his past, to his own son. I felt betrayed, and some what angry. I wrote to Michiyo about it, and she told me that, I was still to young for him to really tell me about the past. But it wasn't fair because she was out there learning it herself. I wanted to leave. I wanted to run away so bad, but it was my sister's letters that kept me sane. She kept reminding me that we were all that Father had left in this world, and that someday, when I went off on my own, I would understand him when I went on my journey. So I stayed with him. Endured his training until I was finally fifteen, and ready to go off on my own.

But then ... that day happened. And he was never the same.

It was the day before I would go off on my own, and get my own "You're all grown up" speech from him. But that night, we had received a letter from H&E. It was a black letter addressed to my Father. He saw it and knew that it only meant one thing. He opened it and read it to himself quietly, as I was in the other room. At that moment, his legs nearly gave out from under him and his face was just like the same at when Mother had left us. It was like the world had just ended, and his soul was being taken away from him. He sat down hunched over, took of his glasses, and put both hands on his head. I walked over to him and asked him what was wrong, even though I knew it could only mean bad news. He didn't say anything to me. It was like he had just shut off the whole world, and nothing mattered anymore. It was the first time I had ever saw him like this, completely helpless and just dead. I tried to shake him out of it, but he wasn't responding. He just sat there with a blank exp​ression, everything just turned off.

There was nothing I could do to get him out of this. What was so bad that could make him like this? I tried to pry the letter from his hand, but it was like he had a death grip on it. I gave up on him and let him come to his sense on his own. It was all I could do. At that time, I felt so helpless, and felt like I should have been able to come through for him. Like if Michiyo was here, she would have had him back on his feet. But not me, not the second child, it was just like back then, and it's like this now. And now I felt angry, and it reminded me of how he was when I was just a kid. But I would be gone soon enough, I went to my room and backed to leave for tomorrow.

As nightfall came and I went to bed, I finally heard Father move about the house. It wasn't loud, but he was up and moving again. It was strange though, for some reason I had a bad feeling about this. I should have gotten up and checked up on him. I know I was still mad at him, but he was still my father, and I was all he had left at home. But I didn't because I was still mad at him. The last thing I heard was the front door opening and closing, and him walking out the front gate. He was probably going out on one of his late night walks was what I was assuming. He'll be back in the morning, and see me off, and then I'll finally be able to hear my own "You're all grown up speech".

Or so I thought.

Morning came. I was already up by sunrise, and ready to go. I called for Father, but there was no response. He was probably out late drinking, and probably passed out somewhere on the floor. I went to his room, and there was no one there. It was clean, and organized. He wasn't there. I went downstairs and checked everywhere, but he wasn't anywhere. I couldn't believe he actually went out on this day, MY DAY, and didn't come home from where ever he went. So I left home and went out to all his usual close by spots. None of them could say that he came by last night. No one knew where he was, and no one knew where he went. I knew I had a bad feeling about this. I rushed back home and went looking for the letter, that letter that my father last read before he went out. At first I couldn't find it anywhere, not in the kitchen, or in his room, or anywhere else. Until finally I made my way into our dojo, and saw things packed neatly, as if waiting for me. There were two seating mats placed in the middle of the dojo, with a table in the middle. On the table were books and letters, my Father's old brown overcoat, and to the side of the table on a stand was his sword. The famous Dragon head sword that he had used to bring peace to the world. The same blade that had seen so many tears, and drank so much blood. It was the family blade, passed down from generation to generation. But what was it doing out here? I had never seen it out of it's case but here it was on a stand, next to the table. As I walked over to look at it closely, it was still tied off with my Father's hair, symbolizing that he kept his oath, and as long as it was sealed, peace would still reign and the treaty would be in effect. Of course, it had been years since the treaty had been passed, and not many people really know about his personal oath. But he kept true to it.

I had never been this close to it, and we were never allowed to touch it. Not even Mother would touch it, out of respect for him. I always thought that Michiyo would be the one to receive the blade, but at that time he didn't give it to her. But moving on, I saw the letter there, on top of the table. I sat myself down, and picked it up, underneath was another note. It looked like one written by Father last night, as the ink was still drying. I read his letter first.

Kenta,

I know how much you must despise me over the years, for all the things I have done to you. But know that I only treat you this way, to make you a better man in the end. You're old enough to go out on your own, and explore the world. Just like your sister, you've made me proud to be your father, and to watch you grow up before my eyes, only makes me more sad to see you leave me. Truth is I wish you didn't have to leave me, since you're all I have left. Especially now that you are all that I have left. But, something has come up, and I'm sorry I couldn't tell you in person. And I'm sorry I couldn't give you the "You're all grown up" speech that you've been waiting all this time for. But know that I love you, and because you embody the part of both your mother and I, that we are most proud of. Someday you'll learn it yourself, and I can't tell you what it is, since it is something you'll need to find out for yourself.

I wish I could tell you all about my journeys, and what it really was like back then since you're old enough to understand now. But instead I'm leaving you my journals. I wish I could go with you, and travel the world as Father and Son, then I could show you the world as I saw it, and maybe see some old sights as well. But you have to go alone now. I'm entrusting...

I couldn't bear to read anymore. It made me too upset that this felt like some kind of cop out on me. So I move onto reading the letter, and no wonder he left.

To hokuten,

We regret to inform you that your daughter is M.I.A.

Condolences,

H&E Council

Missing in action? No wonder I haven't heard from her for the past year and a half. But that means Father must have went off to find out what was going on. But why didn't he tell me? What the heck is going on? And on today of all days...

It was settled. To find my sister, I need to find father.

I went upstairs, gathered my things, put Father's journals into his old satchel, and I threw on his old long coat. It was big and heavy, but solid. I wasn't as big as Father was, but I was still growing, and I would grow into it. It's what he would have wanted. I then stood there looking at his sword. He didn't take it with him. If he were to go on a journey he should have taken it with him. I have to get it to him. I will get it to him. And then he'll see me. See me that I am his son. And then I will succeed him.

Chapter 2: In the Darkness

. . . 23 years before . . .

"Goodbye ... Michiyo."

The escape pod ejected from the side of the HMS NaruSaku and floated it's way to the surface, into the light, as the ship itself continued to sink. Time passed by as if it were an eternity, the endless feeling of falling deeper into the darkness of the abyss. Yoko sat herself onto the back of the hatchway resting her head back, and breathing in slowly awaiting her inevitable doom. As her wound was slowly bleeding out, she passed out from exhaustion. It was a good ride, and even though she had nearly brought the end to the NaruSaku, she had not done so intentionally. She closed her eyes and awaited her fate.

Seconds turned into minutes, minutes turned into hours, and with every hour the temperature of the ship became colder and colder. Until finally the ship had hit rock bottom shaking the entire ship on impact. The impact shook her awake, and at that moment, the ship began going into hibernation mode. The floodlights all shut off, and only the floor pathway lights were dimly lit. The automated voice than announced-

CODE
Sealing off all flooded areas, and commence pumping.

Yoko scoffed at how ironic that the ship is now repairing itself, but only at the fact that it was uninhabited, and unsalvageable from these depths. She wasn't even sure just how deep she was, or how much air time as left. She decided that if she were going to die, it would be at least in a more secure and comfortable place. She then picked herself up and began following the lit path into the dark halls of the sunken ship that was the HMS NaruSaku, leaving a blood trail behind her.

Yoko had redressed her wound on her side, and continued forward, when suddenly she heard the hatches behind her began to seal off automatically one by one. She could see the lighted pathway began to turn off in her direction from where she came. Just then the automated voice announced-

CODE
Flood pumping complete.  Sealing off all sections and decks.

She picked herself up and started to quicken her pace towards the main deck, it was only just ahead, as she heard the closing off of doors getting closer the the light path starting to dim darker. Just then the doors for the bridge began to slowly shut. Her wound prevented her from running, but she was limping along as quickly as she could. And at the last second jumped through the crack, she had barely made it through pulling herself with one hand her legs nearly getting crushed by the sliding door. As she stood back up, she was pulled backwards suddenly and noticed that her jacket was caught in the doorway. She took it off, and shivered as the piercing cold atmosphere of the sea flooded her senses. It was almost like a piercing cold that struck her deep to her very core. She could see her breathe through the dimly lit bridge room. But forward she would keep going, and finally made it to the Captain's cabin. The doors were cracked open and damaged from the initial attack, so they weren't closed or open, but jammed. As she squeezed her way in, she saw the mess it was.

The shelves were collapsed, the displays broken, the furniture overturned, only the his desk and chair which where mounted directly to the floor were left unhinged, or broken. As she slowly walked over to his desk, she stepped on something that felt like a rug, but then looked closely and saw that it was his long overcoat. She slowly bent down to pick it up, cringing at the pain of her left flank, and put it on. Strangely enough, it was still warm, or at least it felt warmer than the deep dark cold she was standing in. But somehow it felt soothing, and she felt much better. His jacket was big, and could probably wrap her up twice around, but she didn't care. In her own way, it felt like he was there holding onto her to ease her pain and be with her until the end. She turned the chair around and sat into it. The leather of the chair cold, but it was soft and comfortable.

A good place to rest.

Finally the end draws near.

CODE
...form....detect......begin....stasis.........

The main computer is saying something, but she can't hear it anymore. The world is starting to get darker, she puts her head onto the table just to rest it between her arms. Her breathing begins to slow down at a pace, taking longer and slower deep breaths. Her eyes felt heavy, and she couldn't stay awake much longer. But somehow, she feels that this isn't the end. Perhaps in the next life, she will meet him again.

And from the darkness, she sees a small light shining from the end of the dark horizon...

Chapter 3: Cheating Death

---------------------------------------------------------------
Part 1

...from the end of the dark horizon the sunlight beamed across illuminating the city of H&E.

Another morning, another day here at H&E. Father's trail has lead me no where, and everywhere I go no one will talk to me, or even want to talk to me about him. Much less it's like no one here knows of him, or who he is. I'm beginning to question whether or not the stories he told us were true or not. And whenever I've tried to meet with one of his old friends, they are either too busy to be conversed with, or they are no longer here in the city. I'm starting to feel hopeless in finding anything here, much less even finding out what has happened to my sister.

"Tou-san...Nee-san...where are you."

I got up from my bed and got ready to go out on another attempt of trying to find clues and answers to questions. Today I meet with Nate River, formerly "Shriner". From what I've heard, he's been an exceptional leader since he got inducted and promoted to a higher position. But reaching him lately hasn't been very successful. Even Nick Soapdish stepped down, although father left him the old club over at NarutoForums, which no one believed. There are so many question I want to ask, so many things I want to say, and so many feelings want to express.

I made my way to the Council Hall and waited patiently for someone to stop by, but the entire day, it was just people going in and out. Not even a lower ranked official stopped in, I began to wonder if this section was even used at all. Although I did see people go over to the name changing booth to drop in their requests. So someone must come and check it. All day I sat there just waiting for Nate River to show up, but still no show. Perhaps he forgot we had an appointment, I don't know. And just as I was about to give up and go, two officials had walked in. One had a beard and horned helmet, while the other was wearing an ANBU mask on his side. The two of them were doing a rock-scissors-paper to see who would open up the Name Change box to do paper work. Almost immediately I knew who they were, and walked over towards them.

"Come on man, it's your turn!" Said the beard.

"Yeah right! I did the last three times! Besides we're the only ones lately who've been actually checking." Said the ANBU mask.

"Derock! Vyse!" I called over to them.

"JAN KEN PO!"

Derock had pulled a rock, and Vyse had pulled a scissor. Derock did a fist pump as he had won, and Vyse threw his hands into the air with disappointment and started to open the box as they both heard their names being called. They both looked over to see it was me ... again ... and had gave me the same response from last time I ran into them.

"Look kid, we don't know where he is. He left us too remember? That's all we can tell you." Derock said to me harshly.

Vyse was opening the box and reviewing over the forms submitted, and looked up. "We have strict orders from him to NOT let you follow him. Why can't you just go home and live your life until you're older? You shouldn't be out at this age going on your own."

"Yeah but-" I tried to speak.

Derock immediately cut me off. "Hell you're not even supposed to be allowed into H&E, you're not even 16 yet. You're only in allowed here because you're his son. And just because you're his son doesn't mean you get the right to bark around causing trouble!"

"Please! I just want to talk to him!"

"No more questions! Come back when you're older kid. Then MAYBE we'll talk." Vyse finished approving the forms and filed them into a cabinet. "Go home!"

The two of them left me in such a cold manner, I didn't know what to say. I don't understand why they don't want to talk about him, or even want to help. Does their loyalty for father deny me the truth? Or is it fear of him that they dare not speak of him? I just want to find my sister, but to do so, I have to find him first. I gave a heavy sigh, and sat back down where I was before and put my hands onto my head in frustration. Just then a man came and sat down next to me.

"I know what you're thinking. Why won't they help me? Is it loyalty or fear? Perhaps both. What happened between him and Team F.U.T.A. I can't tell, because I don't know. But something happened that made him leave himself, and for those four that he hand picked himself, leaving was the hardest thing they had to deal with. Especially since they didn't go with him."

I looked up and it was Nate River. He took off his hat, and placed it on the side of the bench.

"I'm sorry I'm late. But you know what little free time we have lately. We are a growing city, and there are always new people coming in. I don't have the free time as we used to to talk to you."

"Thank you for coming. I've tried every old contact of my father's but everyone leads to a dead end. I've even tried going to Smiter, but even he's harder to reach than anyone else."

"Yes, we all thought Smiter would have retired by now, but he's probably the last of the original left. Well technically it is his city anyway. We're just here to run it for him. Anyway, I came to give you this."

He handed me a two books. One of which was entitled "HMS NaruSaku" it was a copy of the original manuscript that my father had written back in his younger days. And the other was his personal journal, one that was left in Nate River's keeping.

"Although Team F.U.T.A. has orders from him and they are honoring him. He did give me other instructions. He told me to give you a copy of the book should you come looking for him, and to give you his journal, to better understand him. Both of those books correlate to each other. To understand it, you read the HMS first, and the journal after. If you can decipher the code between both, you'll better understand the man that is your father."

I flipped through the pages of both books, and none of it made sense at first, but there were many references to an actual HMS ship, and the old NaruSaku War.

"I can't give you his 'You're all grown up now' speech. But perhaps on this journey, you'll find what you're looking for, and the answers to what you are looking for as well. As for your sister, that is also something that I do not know anything about. Follow the book, and maybe you'll find both."

And so from that point forward, I followed the book. Followed the book to Narutoforums. Followed it to Bakakage. Followed it to the old H&E island. Finally to the last known location of where the HMS NaruSaku was last sighted. It was in the final chapter that he says goodbye to my sister, as if she died, but it was not the same. Did I have another sister before Onee-san? One that father and mother had named after since they lost her originally? But she went by another name, a different one. He speaks of her almost like onee-san, but differently. It's been three years, and now I'm finally sixteen. I can go back to New H&E and become an official member and resident, and maybe after this time, Team F.U.T.A. will answer my questions. But for now, I need to get to that ship, the ship that he labeled the "Ship of Dreams", the HMS NaruSaku.

In his notes he and mother used to frequently visit this spot to pay homage, and their respects. This "Yoko" that father speaks of is almost like my onee-san, but there are subtle differences. In here she uses two "Niten Ichi-ryu", the two-sword style of kenjutsu, versus fathers Koryu traditional style of kenjutsu. But according to him, she would have been his successor if not for her sacrifice. But if not for her sacrifice we would not have had peace. How I reflect upon that now I suppose it was honorable. I wish I could have met her to see how she would have compared to my onee-san. Was she the same calm and soothing sister, or would she have had the same temperament? Father gives her the title of "Bloody Angel", and then "Angel of Death", I don't think these titles would have been fitting for my onee-san. But we were both trained in the same art of swordsmanship, despite father never picking up his blade again. He did use a bokuto only and had us use swords, but he never did pick up steel. And even though he taught us to use both hands, he always used one handed styles. I wonder what this person would have done in my place as well.

In any case I needed to get down to that ship. And it should be possible now. Times have changed and I know back then they didn't have the same technology to salvage the HMS NaruSaku. But at least now I can go borrow a submersible and get to the ship and see it with my own eyes. And hopefully walk this once fabled vessel that was the flagship during the great pairing wars.

After I had went back to H&E and became an official member and resident, still no one would volunteer to go on my excursion, much less even be paid for their services. I tried going to see Nate River again, but he to busy to lend me resources. I even tried going to Nick Soapdish over at NF, but even he couldn't spare a helping hand. Even after becoming a member, no one would come to my aid. I came this close to the end, and now it will take longer for me to even get my own mini-sub.

I made my way over to the main tavern in H&E, and sat myself in the corner trying to think of alternatives. But the only way to get to the bottom of that area was by mini-sub. I didn't quite have enough to rent one, much less buy my own. And stealing one was out of the question. I could possible work on a ship that has one, and then borrow it. But then it would take time to build relations and enough trust to actually let me borrow one, and by myself. It was hopeless, here I was at the end of the trail, with possible answers on that ship, and all for nothing. As I sat down in despair, the door opened up and another character came in. Everyone at the bar stopped to turn around and look for a moment, then went back to their own business immediately. The man came walking over to me, placed his rifle leaning against the table, and sat down across from me. His rifle had "Salvation" engraved on it, and it was one of those bigger semi-auto high powered rifles. Clearly it was customized to his fittings. Only one person in down used such a rifle, and I knew this person.

"True." I said in surprise as he actually came to me after denying any audience when I had tried to meet with Team F.U.T.A.

True pulled a chair out and sat down, he was wearing a poncho type cover, and kicked his boots onto the table, the spurs on his boots chinking, as he removed his hood and crossed his arms.

"So." He said to me in a very plain, but expecting voice and looked at me.

"So." I responded in kind.

He removed his feet from the table and sat normally, his arms still crossed.

"Still hunting him down I see. And now that you're a full member you think we'll just help you all of a sudden?" He then put his hands onto the table and leaned closer. "Where are your manners? Obviously you didn't learn them from him, otherwise you would have fit in around here perfectly normal. But no, you run around the city like a lost child, causing unnecessary trouble for everyone, and demanding help simply because you're the son of Hokuten."

I sat there with mouth shut as I was being scolded at.

"Times are different, kid. You can't walk in here and think you'll get treatment based on someone's reputation. You have to build relations, build a reputation, establish your standings, and be someone. Your father is a different man than he was back then. He's not the kind, lovable, happy person anymore. And when the Boss doesn't want to be found, he damn sure doesn't want to be found. Not even I know where he is, and believe me I've tried to find him myself."

I lowered my head in despair and disappointment with these words from True, who was considered father's right hand man, and probably the only other person who could stand toe to toe with him in battle. At least that's what I've heard from everyone else, probably the only other person besides this "Yoko" he mentions in his journals.

"But now that you are of age, and because he made me promise him. I will help you now."

My head shot up with surprise and confusion, why is it father likes to play these hypocritical games? He wants me to follow him, but at the same time prevents me with these challenges and roadblocks. I didn't matter anymore, finally someone would help me, and it was True!

"I was sworn not to help you until you became 16 and joined H&E officially. But because of all your trouble, the other members of F.U.T.A. are not bound by the same promise. If you want them to help you, you'll have to prove yourself to them. But you know the only way to do that is by bring back the Boss."

"I will! I'll show them all that I can be just as great as he was!" I jumped up from my seat and raised my fist.

True sat there still with his arms crossed again and shaking his head. "This is not a free pass, and you are NOT apart of Team F.U.T.A. and I am not your companion. I am only your escort and guardian at this point."

"I don't need protection! I was trained by my father too! And I have this!"

I pulled forth the legendary katana that father used during the great Pairing Wars. The powerful yet cursed family sword that has countless names spiritually engraved upon it's blade written in blood. I tried to pull forth the blade from it's sheath, but it would not release. I struggled with it for a few more minutes, but could not pull the blade out. True sat there laughing at me, and I looked at him with disdain.

"Even the blade does not accept you yet! Only those worth of it can draw upon it's strength! Even I know that!" He continued to laugh at me, but then stood up and placed a firm hand onto my shoulder. "Come on kiddo, we'll take my ship and use my mini-sub. We might even get lucky and make some money off of this excursion of yours! Hahaha!"

I put the sword away and we made our way to the docks.

Part 2

A week of preparation, and another three weeks out at sea to get to the last known location of the HMS NaruSaku. The two of us set out on our own, and True told me the stories of how him and father would have so many adventures, and all the countless times the two of them loved to cause trouble and make fun of the troubling situations they would get into. But what amazed me more was that these stories sounded nothing like what father was. And even more shocking was that True told me that he had abandoned the way of the sword, and picked up a gun. Since I was born, and ever since I could remember training, father abhorred firearms. He would always lecture about how it didn't take much for a man to point and shoot, where it took years upon years to master a sword. More of this hypocrisy I keep seeing from him, I'm beginning to wonder if everything he's ever taught me was a lie, or if nee-san really was missing and he just let me alone for nothing. Well whatever the case, all the answers will lead to whatever is on this ship of his.

We had finally made it to our destination, set the anchor down, and prepped the mini-sub. As the sub disengaged from the bow of True's ship, and began making depth slowly. The sonar beeping every five to ten minutes giving us range to how much further until we hit something. The decent was long and cumbersome.

We had reached the 20 fathom mark, the point at which this "Yoko" had sacrificed herself to save father and crew. It says here in both his journal and in the copy of the HMS NaruSaku manuscript that he wrote her name onto blade, and as she saw her name become part of the many, she ejected the escape pod, and went down with the ship. It was the last time he saw her, and continued to come every year with mother to lay flowers at sea. And from that point on, he never used his sword again. I put both books away and kept looking out the window of the sub as we went deeper.

The thankfully True's mini-sub had insulation, so that we weren't freezing from the cold depth of the deep sea. As the water became darker and darker, and the sunlight from above was starting to fade away, we had turned on the flood lights to get a better view of where we were. There was nothing but black all around us. We saw some turtles, and a few schools of fish still swimming, but as we went further into the abyss, the creatures became more and more strange. There were fish with light bulbs on their heads, snake like fish with glowing scales, giant jellyfish dancing about, and we even came across two whales who were signing as they swam past us.

After another hour of diving the sonar gave off a large ping, and nearly half of the screen glowed green, as if we were about to hit rock bottom. True immediately stopped the sub from diving further, and tried to stabilize our bearing. He checked the sonar correctly and the shape of the image didn't look like ground, or like any canyon type crevice, but actually a ship! It was the HMS NaruSaku herself! True moved the sub so that the flood lights would shine upon it, and before us was the great ship, the ship of dreams, the flag ship of H&E and all NaruSaku members! From first sight, I was completely speechless, father's description of the ship was almost just as accurate, but didn't compare to when looked upon. It was magnificent, beautiful, and despite having damage done to it from when it was ambushed by enemy ships, it still carried a certain awe and mystical feeling to it.

"So this was his Moby kitten?" I said.

"No. He was not obsessed with vengeance on the ship. This was his unicorn, the ship that he could never obtain. Except he did get it, but at the cost of many lives. I don't know how many times we've tried to salvage the ship, it just wasn't possible. Although ever chance he could get to see it, he would dive down just to look at it. Sometimes I wonder for every time he went into the deep, he lost a bit of himself when he came back up. But I never thought about it until now."

I looked at True who appeared to have a sort of remorseful face, but continued taking the sub in closer to the ship. Then I pointed out a hatch where we could dock the sub and possibly board. True drove the sub right into what looked like an indentation that a sub could fit and dock onto the ship. The boarding hatch locked on, and pressurized so that we could go in. But before we opened the door, True pulled me to the side.

"Remember, this ship is older than you and more. No one's ever boarded the ship before, not even your father. It's only now that we are able to do so, and it's just the two of us. Pay respect to this ship, and do not disturb anything. We don't even know if the inside is stable, or completely flooded. Find whatever it is you're looking for, and find it fast. But if I say it's time to go, don't argue with me, or I will shoot you myself and drag your body back to the surface. Do we have an understanding?"

I nodded my head quickly and let him go first. He opened the hatch and the air hissed as the pressure equalized. He took a wrench and hit it against the other hatch to the HMS NaruSaku, and the sound that came back was hollow. A good sign, meaning it was not filled with water. He then took a flashlight and shined it through the little circular window to try and look inside. It was completely dark, no light, no sign of any power either. He put the wrench away, and then pulled on the manual release to open the hatch. I went over to his other side to help and we both pulled the hatch release free. As the hatch door slid open, a rush of cold stale air blew in our faces. As we both took our first steps into the HMS NaruSaku, something felt unsettling, as if we were being watched, or something was standing in the darkness. Just at that point, father's sword began to glow. It was almost as if something in the room was triggering the effect, but I had never encountered this before. True grabbed two flashlights and handed me one. We searched through this small room for any type of light switch or some kind of panel that we could access the computer database, but there was nothing in here. The air was thick and heavy, it almost smelled of old stale ...

"Blood..."

I softly said to myself, as I shined the light onto the floor, there was a dried up pool of blood, and a trail that lead towards the only other sealed doorway. It was at that moment that the unsettling feeling just became real. True shook off the feeling and grabbed his rifle, and attached the flashlight to the rifle.

"Something isn't right. I don't remember the Boss saying anything about a blood trail."

Just then I had remembered the last part in father's book. "It was her. Yoko, she probably dragged herself away from this spot. But to where? And how far?"

"With that much blood loss, I don't think any human could drag themselves very far. She's probably a dried up corpse on the other side of that door."

"Well she wasn't human, at least not the way anyone back then was described. Almost everyone had some kind of superhuman power, or skill that made them who they were. I wouldn't be surprised if we find her body some where further in the ship."

True scoffed at the idea of "super human" qualities. But it was a different era back then, and anything was possible. He came during the time when super powers were no longer needed. And people wanted each other to be "real" with each other. It was a time about being normal, and dealing with reality, instead of fantasy. But hear we were on a legendary ship that was apart of history, apart of what helped pave the way for H&E to become where it is now. I had to admit that I too felt skeptical about this all, but I had to remain focused. I needed to find the answers to where father was, and ultimately find out the truth behind my sister as well. Just at that moment True had found a control panel, but it was non-responsive, and there wasn't any power being supplied to the console. He tried finding a panel to where he could open the wall and try to hack into the console, but it seemed like there wasn't really any output, or any part of the wall where he could break open. I stepped over and touched the screen when suddenly it came online.

CODE
Welcome fellow NaruSaku.  If you've made it this far, we will take you the rest of the way. Long ago, we your pre...de....cess...ors.....built..........this..........en......ti...rrrrrreeeee

The automated voice had booted up temporarily, but suddenly slowed down, and came to a dead repeat. The power came on only momentarily, and the lights flickered only briefly, before going back to completely dark.

"Well that was kind of creepy." True said out plainly.

I tapped the screen again, hoping maybe it was just the power trying to boot back up after so many years of being dead in the water (almost quite literally).

"Maybe the power to the ship finally fizzled out after all these years. I wouldn't be surprised since no one's been aboard for years. I think we're lucky that we still getting some kind of oxygen supply being pumped into the ship."

"I got a bad feeling about this."

Just as he said those words auxiliary power had just kicked in and we could hear the doorways behind the one in front of us slowly open one by one in succession. And just before our door had opened, the both of us jumped back and True had readied his gun at the door. But as the door opened, there was nothing. It was still pitch black, nothing appeared in front of our flashlights, we also noticed that there was no dead body lying before us either.

"See? I told you, she probably crawled a lot further than just beyond here. Probably some where in the next...."

And before I could finish my sentence, the floor path lit up, illuminating the hallway, showing us the blood trail that extended further into the darkness. It didn't stop at just the next room, but kept going further.

"...section."

At that moment the console came back online, but there was no automated voice. But it didn't matter, all we needed was just the main computer. True had accessed the terminal and found that we needed to get to the main bridge to access any information, or archived data left. But that was not the only thing.

"Huh...it says here that there's a faint source of energy still being supplied to the Captain's room. I think that's where all the power is being diverted to. Strange."

"Well? We better head to the bridge quickly, and then get the hell out of here!"

Funny as it was now I who didn't really want to stay long anymore, especially if it meant we were on limited life support power, and we didn't know how much longer the generator would last. And so we travelled through the decks, following the light path and the blood trail. It was almost unreal that someone could carry themselves all the way this far and hadn't died yet. Was this Yoko girl really that amazing? Or was it force of will that drove her to reach the bridge room on her own. Either way, I suppose I've gained a better respect now for this person, even if she wasn't like my onee-san.

As we had reached the bridge room, we saw that someone's coat had gotten trapped by the doorway. Probably hers as she was trying to crawl through the hatches as they were sealing up. But from here the blood trail didn't end. It lead all the way over into the Captain's room, father's quarters. True went to the main computer consoles on the bridge to pull records and access the database and download the archives. From this point, True did not enter the room with me. From this point I had to go alone, and from here I will find the answers that father has left for me. Answers to why mother left us. Answers to where he was, and why he left me alone. Answers to why he's become a hypocrite and going against everything he's taught both me and onee-san. But more so, answers to what happened and where onee-san is.

The room was dark, and everything was in a mess. The shelves were collapsed, the displays broken, the furniture overturned, books and papers where thrown everywhere. It looked like a bomb had went off in the room, and everything was in complete chaos. But there was something that was missing. The captain's chair and desk. There was an empty void for where the chair and desk should be. Strangely enough there was a light emitting from the floor cracks to where the desk would have been. I moved closer to the floor panel that was glowing dimly, and knelt down to touch it, when suddenly the panels themselves began to open up. It was like some kind of motion sensor went of as I came in closer. The area where the desk was revealed itself to be some sort of type of pod looking device. And where the chair was revealed to be a monitor of the pod. As I moved over to where the monitor was and checked the screen.

CODE
Vitals: STABLE
CRYOSTASIS: STABLE

REANIMATE: Y/N?

It's was a cryogenic pod! And it was still active! Which meant one thing! Someone was inside, and still alive! I touched the screen YES to reanimate the person inside and bring them back. Who was it? Was it father, I waited as the pod began powering up and humming as it brought the person inside out of stasis. It didn't even say for how long the person was in deep sleep. But I didn't care, it had to be him! It had to be father! I knew he was here the whole time! The person inside is even wearing his jacket! It has to be him! Finally I will get the answers I rightfully deserve! Finally the journey has come to an end! Finally I will know the truth about everything, and he will give me my "all grown up" speech! And finally, the truth about what happened to onee-san!

I rushed over as the pod's clear top came off, and the mist coming off blew out.

"Father-!!!"

Only ... it wasn't him ...

"...how exactly we are still alive, and not suffocating to death..."

"...auto-hibernation program...the ship...must have...abandon it...hit...rock bottom..."

"...salvage it from the bottom...extended hibernation mode...into full lock down...stasis mode..."

"..to be trapped at the bottom of the sea. The isolation, and loneliness would be too much to bare for anyone."

"...Goodbye...goodbye...goodbye
...goodbye..."

Shadows, all I can remember are shadows and voices speaking. I know the voices, but I can't see their faces. I'm unconscious, lost too much blood, and cold. All I can remember is him. He's carrying me on his back. The warmth from his body seeping into mine, knowing it's him carrying me is keeping me from falling into the darkness. He's always pulling out from the darkness and back into the light....

...but not this time.

This time...I saved him. For once in my life, I saved him.

I still remember the first day I met him, when I was just a little girl, and I'll always remember that moment.

"..your name...no I mean...your real name...hey you okay?...you okay?...okay?"

I hear a voice now, a different voice, overlapping his. Lighter hearted, younger. There's a bright light shining on me, I can't see his face, but I can see an outline someone standing over me reaching his hand towards me. I reach for his, it's has the same warmth, but it's not the same.

"Hey? Are you okay? Wow, I never thought I'd find someone still alive down here!? And especially in perfect condition!"

This young boy spoke in this excited tone, as if he had found some kind of long lost treasure, but at the same time I could tell in his voice it was slightly disappointed. My eyes were still trying to focus, I could see his outline, but it was all still fuzzy. He sat me down in a chair next to the pod he had just pulled me out of, and suddenly I saw something that my eyes had not seen since that fateful day. My name, glowing from the hilt of a sword this boy was carrying, still floating around.

"Who...who are you?" I asked him as I was trying to shake off the fuzziness. "And where did you get that sword?"

My eyesight slowly started coming back to me, and I finally got a semi-good look at the kid. He didn't appear much younger than I was, maybe fifteen, or sixteen years old, and I was eighteen? God, I don't even remember how long I've been out, or down here. He almost looked like him, skinnier, still growing, that same dark brown hair, but his eyes were different. Not the same, but more like his mother. Just before I could ask him another question, he jumped right at me and before I knew it, he reading some journal and looking at me back and forth.

"What? What is it? Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked him, as my head was also starting to clear up.

"Because it's YOU!" He said in shock and awe. "The one my father always spoke about, the one my parents named my sister after. And the one who can probably see your own name on our family sword!"

Family sword? I thought to myself, but that could only mean one thing.

"You're her! The Bloody Angel! My father's Angel of Death! YOKO!"

So I've decided to go in 5 Episodes, with 3-5 chapters per episode. So far, it's just beginning, and now that I'm reading it. I think I'm a little rusty. lol, but i'm working on it, and hey! it has been nearly 3 years since i last wrote something serious. so bare with me!

#10 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:08 AM

No worries Hoku, looks pretty good so far! Waiting to see more...

P.S. Can we still give True a hard time? Purely in the interests of lulz and SCIENCE! of course.

P.P.S. Hoku... --Click here to view--
INFERNO BULLET TRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#11 hokuten

hokuten

I am CLUTCH.

• Kage
  • 8,014 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:24 PM

Please note from here on out, the perspectives will interchange between Yoko and Kenta.

Episode 2: Upside Down

Chapter 4: Home Again

It wasn't cold anymore, and I could dream clearly again. It felt soft, and comfortable again. It felt like I was sleeping on a bed again, and not on that firm bunk. The feel of box springs as it eased in my aching body. And it didn't smell like metal, oil, or blood. I can remember the first day we met, that fateful day.

"And what is the name of my new found apprentice, the kind girl who helped me a while ago?"

"Me? My mom named me Michiyo." I gave him an angry glare, but smiled afterwards. "But my name is Yoko."

"My mother named me Kenta, but I chose Hokuten...
...Kenta! My name's Kenta, just like my father."

Father? I still don't have clear memories yet, everything is hazy, and my head hurts. The last thing I remember was bleeding and a big wound-

"The wound!"

I sat up immediately from the bed and grasped for my left flank, but there was no wound, only a scar that was healed over. And in that brief instant, I had completely lost my strength and fell back down onto my back. My eyes quickly adjusted to the natural sunlight. Was it sunlight? Was my body back down there at the bottom of the sea, and my spirit gone to heaven? Or worse, this isn't heaven and my blood on my hands had caught up with me? My body felt like it was completely out of shape. I slowly raised my arm to look at my hand, and tried to clench my hand into a fist, but it was so weak, it barely even a fist. My hand began to shake as I forced myself to make a fist. And dropped my head back onto the pillow behind me and started to tear up.

How long was I out for? Was this place real? I turned my head to my side and saw someone sitting at bedside. The sunlight briefly beamed into my eyes, and for a moment there it looked like the Captain, the mirage quickly and revealed it to be someone else. He was much younger, possibly around my age, or a year or two younger. But the resemblance was uncanny, and very familiar. Shorter hair, not quite as broad as the Captain, no glasses, but on the side of the side of his chair was his sword. I could tell he hasn't moved from that spot for a while, but he wasn't awake yet. There was something about this boy that didn't quite sit well with me. He seemed TOO familiar. My feelings tell me he's friendly, but my instincts tell me that there's something he's hiding, or that he has an another agenda, or intention.

Calm down. Remember you're training. Assess where you are. Unknown, yet also strangely familiar. Situation? I thought I was dead, but apparently I'm not. Oh God...am I clone? Don't clones usually go insane after figuring out their a clone? That's impossible, cloning technology isn't even stable yet, much less human cloning. Am I Perfect? Perhaps one of the perfects got my DNA and I'm secretly a Perfect? No, because I still have this scar. Is he a Perfect? Now that would make more sense. Maybe the Captain didn't win the war, and I'm being held hostage?

"Hoku..." I said quietly to myself.

The thought of my sacrifice being in vain was too much to bare, and suddenly my mind was filled with vengeance and hate. Those bastards! I'll kill them all, I will avenge you Captain! In that instant, a jolt of energy surged through my body and I grasped for the Captain's sword! It was at that moment the boy woke up and tried to stop me. He had took hold of the sheath thinking that since the blade would not open for him, it would pull with him, but to his surprise, he slid back into the wall behind him sheath in hand, but no sword. I held a steady hand and grip onto the hilt holding the tip of the katana right at the boy's face. I was sitting straight up with a look of murderous intent.

"WHO ARE YOU!? WHERE AM I? AND WHY DO YOU HAVE HIS KATANA!" I barked at him angrily. "If you tell me the truth, I may give you a quick death! If you lie to me, I cut you piece by piece! Slowly and painfully!"

But the boy wasn't even paying any attention to me at all. His complete gaze was fixed on the blade. It was like he had never seen it before in his entire life. I slowly moved towards the side of the bed, and put my feet down. My feet still felt like they were asleep, but I forced myself to put them onto the ground. It was like standing on pins and needles, the pain searing up my legs as I cringed slightly from the pain. I kicked him once, as I moved closer.

"Hey! Answer me you punk!"

He then regained his sense of composure and realized his situation.

"My name's Kenta, and you're safe on H&E." He quickly squeaked out.

H&E? So I'm not being held captive, but I'm actually home? That helped put my nerves at ease slightly, but he said his name is Kenta, that was the Captain's maiden name. This was impossible, and highly unlikely. This has to be some kind of trick, only Perfects can know such things. I didn't let my guard down, but my murderous intent was gone. Now it was curiosity.

"And this sword? Where did you get it from?" I asked him firmly.

"It-it belonged to my father, you know him, Hokuten."

"Father? You're his son? So he and Sori?" She wasn't surprised, but was glad to hear that he ended up okay.

"Yes, I'm the son of Hokuten and Soritia. And I'm just looking for my older sister, her name is Michiyo."

Yoko looked at him with a face of more surprise. "You're sister's name is Michiyo?"

"Yes."

"My name is Michiyo."

Kenta's exp​ression wasn't that of surprise, but instead he nodded his head in agreement as if he already knew. "Yes, I know. My father's written all about you, and how you were his apprentice. You were supposed to succeed him, but then you sacrificed yourself to save him and the others. So in your honor, he named his first child after you, my sister."

This was all a bit much to take in at once and she nearly lost her standing, but immediately held the sword back up at Kenta.

"And the sword? Why do you have it? He never lets anyone touch it, not even me!"

That was a lie, she had gotten to hold it once, during the Daifuku Season. But used it as an excuse to get further information. But instead he answered her question with a question.

"Why don't you tell me? You're holding it."

That was right, she remembered that the sword chooses it's owner, not the other way around. And it didn't matter if they were blood relative, but more so if they were worthy. It's only been until now that someone outside of the family line has drawn upon it successfully. But that could only mean one thing, and she quickly looked to the blade itself and tried looking for her master's name.

"It's not on there. That was the first thing I tried looking for, if he placed his own name upon the blade." Kenta stood up slowly.

She caught him and raised her guard again.

"Please! You're safe and with friends. Look here, I'm giving you the sheath. Especially now that the sword has chosen you. The Great Pairing War ended with peace. Nobody is fighting anyone, we're all under a truce and everyone handles themselves civilized. Times have changed-"

We had won the war? Did we win? Did Hoku-kun achieve the peace he had intended? Thank God. Change? Time?

"Wait how long have I been under? And where is Hoku-kun?"

Kenta was surprised to hear me call his father with the suffix of "kun". I suppose he's only heard his mother really ever used that playful suffix with him when he was younger. But his face exp​ression changed to that of conflict, as I could also tell in his voice.

"That I ... I don't know."

I put the sword away and sat back down in bed, as he gathered himself and sat back down in his chair. I looked at him questioningly.

"What do you mean you don't know? How do you not know where your own father is?"

And from that point he went on to explain his story.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I came to finishing my story it was night time already, and she had calmed down from nearly killing me on sight to a composed person. But some how I could sense a calm patient force within her now. Just sitting here with her and talking to her, I somehow feel better, as if she understood me completely.

"And so we come to you. True and I were down on the sunken HMS, and I was in the Captain's quarters searching for clues to my father. Just as I had found the stasis pod, I thought it was him. Some kind of irony that father would play on himself, to be buried with his ship, or he had just gone mad. But instead it was you. You nearly jumped out of that thing and started crawling on your own. We had to sedate you, and bring you back to the surface for immediate care."

I explained to her as she was looking at her hands, trying to make a fist. For every time she tried to tried, her hands would shake when she clenched tightly and released her grip.

"You've been asleep for about a week now. Waking you up from the stasis pod so quickly was my fault. I rushed the process instead of defrosting you so quickly. For that I apologize, but from my perspective you have to understand, I thought I had found him!"

And suddenly there came a heavy resounding crash on the top of my head, and my head was smacked downward making a loud crack. She had hit me with butt end of the sheath straight down my head.

"That's for bringing me out of my sleep! I was doing so fine!"

I raised my head with pain, and looked at her with an annoyed face, but she was joking with me, but was actually smiling for once. She didn't seem like the one to smile a lot, but her smile seemed to have a calm nature behind it. For someone that father called his "Bloody Angel", or his "Angel of Death", I'm starting to understand why he took her under his wing. But from that strike to my head told me that she was not one to mess with. Even in her weakened state, she was still scary, I could feel from her aura that she's been through a lot. She stood side by side with him, and followed him without question. She witnessed the dark half of what father used to be, and the time when bloodshed was common. But how will she react to the hypocritical person that he is now? I wonder...

"This is my personal residence here in H&E. You can stay here until you've recovered. You won't get you're full strength immediately, but you have been frozen for almost 20 something years. I think that somehow you must have triggered the captain's stasis pod, the main computer must have scooped you in, and while in stasis it also regenerated you and fixed your wounds before putting you into full stasis mode. But since I rushed the process, you'll slowly get your strength back. For that I am sorry and I will do everything in my power to help you get back to normal. But for now, please rest as much as you can, and as long as you wish. I'm sure everyone will want to meet you, especially those who remember you."

I stood back up and began to make my way to the door.

"Wait."

I stopped as I was about to turn the doorknob and turned around.

"Thank you, Kenta. For pulling me out of there, I don't know how I survived. But I also wish to find out where Hoku-ku. I'm sorry I mean your father. I also want to help you find him too. I want to know what happened to him, and where he is."

She bowed her head to me and I waved my hand at her and smiled.

"I'll be back with some food and drink, and see if I can find you your old registration papers and identification. Forgive me, but you have to know, here at H&E you're some what of a Legend."

And with that I left her to my room, and went outside. As I went outside, I hit my fist onto the side of the wall in complete disappointment. This wasn't what I was looking for. It was another dead end, and worse yet, father's sword accepted her than me, his own blood! What am I to do now? Father? Nee-san?

I kept punching the wall in a rage until my knuckles were bleeding. I felt like I was losing my mind, he made me go through all of that, I followed the damn book to the very end. And now what? Nothing, another thing from the past, and only more questions. I started laughing in sorrow, and put my bloody hands to my face.

Stay the path.

I calmed myself down, closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"I have to stay the path. At least now, I won't be alone. Even if she isn't my real sister, at least she knows of my pain."

I wrapped my hands up with some rags and went off to get Yoko-nee-san some food.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Kenta left the room, I sat back in bed and my arms gave as the sword fell out of my grip and onto the floor making a small thud. I tried to get out of bed and pick up the sword, but all of my energy from before was already gone. I fell out of bed, and was on the floor sprawled out. It was painful. So very painful to hear what has happened since then.

I didn't know what to feel. Happy that Hoku went on to be okay? Sad that everyone I know is either one, or missing. And Ish (LoveHinaGuy)? Oh God, I don't know what he would do without me. But as Hoku used to say, the past is past. All we can do is move on, and pray for those that we love and care for. But this Kenta's story, he speaks of a Hoku that is completely different from what he used to be, the way I remember him. And his missing sister, with the same name as mine? That can't be a coincidence with Hoku missing. Something just doesn't feel right, I feel that I too need to find the answers to this, and maybe help Kenta find the truth. If Hoku-kun is alive, then perhaps he's become the brandished sword that he always feared he'd become, and especially with Sori gone? He has no sheath. And he's using guns?

"Tch..."

Something has gone wrong. Perhaps this was all the fates doing. He was always one to question it. He believed in Destiny, where I believe in Fate. So perhaps it is fate that has kept me alive to give me my chance to save him. This time the right way.

I tried to pick myself up, but slipped over again. And for the first time in so many years, I felt myself cry. What can I do now? I'm back to being the same little weak girl I was back then. All I have left is this sword and jacket. I sat myself up as best as I could, and clutched at the Captain's Katana and just held onto it as tightly as I could.

I will save you. Just wait for me, where ever you are, just wait a little bit longer.

Chapter 5: Isolation

It's been nearly a month since we brought Yoko back from the dead, and she's already almost back to half of her strength. Truly father had found an almost prodigy of an apprentice to succeed him. She was amazing, and her dedication was just as sound. When she reintroduced herself to H&E, surprisingly she fit in with no problem. And those that knew her, or remembered her welcomed her with open arms and tears. And everyone told her their stories of how things changed, and what H&E was like now. Everyone was glad to see her, it was completely opposite from when I came to join. No one welcomed me warmly, no one was happy to see me join. But at the time I was on a mission, well I still am.

And so for a month she was getting caught up with everything, and recovering fast. She carried my father's blade around everywhere she went, and no one questioned her at all. Watching her train herself over again, going over the same movements as father once did, it was so ethereal. Even after being in deep sleep for years, her movements weren't affected at all. It was like she remembered everything and it was almost like watching father do his katas. But every now and then her hands would tremble since her grip was still shaky. And for every time it happened she took a bokuto and doused it in cold water, and practice her swing continuously with conviction. It was strange seeing her use one sword, when father described her more fearsome when she used her Niten Ichi-ryu. But for some reason, I think out of respect and honor, she trains with one sword for him. Sometimes it made me wonder if I should continue my katas as well. But I abandoned the sword the same day father abandoned me. And why should I follow someone who also abandoned kenjutsu for the way of guns!

Although for one thing, she did want to be left alone. I had thought that being in deprivation for so long you would think that she would want to be around people. Or perhaps this was how she was back then too? But even though she fit right in with all of the new people, maybe she was still getting used to it all. Time change, different atmosphere, different yet same home. I suppose it was a whole new world for her, a entire new environment than what it used to be. I guess back then it was a lot more carefree and ruthless at times, more chaotic. But now it's all order, and unified, and everyone is nice to everyone. It wasn't the cut throat times back then where people would argue amongst each other freely. Now there were rules and regulations. Laws that had to be followed, more strict sense of justice, and people who were in charge that she didn't know to well. The core group she once knew was all but gone. At times I feel that we are kindred spirits, but at the same time we were completely different people. She knew father of the past, the ones that I hear from everyone else, where as I know father of now, the changed man. Would she have been an adopted sister if she had not "died"? Or would she have been the true successor? Would have the war finished if she had not sacrificed herself? Thus causing father to end the war as he did? Would the war have been on-going if she were still alive?

As father would say, "Perhaps it was destiny that drove me towards this path." But when I told Yoko this, she in turn laughed, and said to me.

"That's the same line he used to say to me. Except I didn't believe in Destiny, I believed in Fate. The Captain would always say things like Do you believe in fate? Where your path is your own, the events that happen to you are of your own doing, and you are in control? Or do you believe in destiny? Where your path is pre-determined, everything is set into place, and you are the pawn? And I would always answer him that I believed Fate, that I would make my own paths, and choose my own end."

That was exactly how I felt every time father would preach to me about Destiny. It was always the same speech, but..

"But now that I think about it." Yoko interrupted my train of thought, but at the same time was about to say what I was thinking. "I think that was the lesson he was trying to teach. That you are neither, but at the same time are susceptible to both. As Destiny you are a pawn in the game no matter what. But as Fate, you are able to choose how to meet your end. I thought it didn't make any sense to me, but I suppose God works in mysterious ways. I had choose my fate to save the Captain and die with the ship. Yet, here I am, alive, and his is no where."

As she spoke her words, she was slowly stopping her sword strokes, until she stopped, and gave this face of hard thought. I looked at her as her face showed a combination of complexity, and realization. I wanted to ask her what she was thinking, but she immediately shook off the thought and scoffed to herself, and continued her repetitive overhead sword swings with the soaked bokuto.

"So how are you feeling now? Are you better?"

I decided to change the subject and focus on her well being. She appeared to be regaining her strength quickly and her techniques began to come back to her. She laughed at me and pointed to a dead tree that was about 15 feet away from her with the bokuto. She did a single slash from left to right, and in that instant the tree split in two, and broke apart.

"I think I'm almost at where he was back then. My grip is still not how it used to be yet, but it will come back to me. I'd say I'm at about 80% right now. At least I'm not getting those nasty shakes or faints anymore."

Only three months and she could do father's vacuum cut with ease. Truly incredible she was. Almost even better than my nee-san, but in any case, not a replacement. She went into our house to clean up and get ready, and left the bokuto next to the well in our front courtyard. I picked up the practice sword she had been using, it was heavy because it was soaking wet. I hadn't picked up the practice sword in almost 4 years now. I tried seeing if I remembered my katas, but the bokuto simply slipped out of my hand when I tried to swing it. I picked it up again and tried again, but again the wooden sword slipped out of my hand and actually hit the stump of the tree that Yoko had cleaved into two. I went over to pick it up and try again, but the thought of a third failure angered me and I threw the wooden sword at the well where he made a loud thump.

"So the difference in skill is this." I crossed my arms and shook my head. "Did father really become soft after the war? How could he have been feared back then?"

"Not fear. Respect. People respected him." Yoko came out ready to go, and tied father's katana to her back. "And from what others have told me, there was no need for him to keep onto his old ways. It was a time of peace after all. And from that time, he swore never to use this very sword again so long as there was peace."

She walked over to me, picked up the bokuto, and stood it against the well.

"What's happened to him now? I intend to find out myself as well. Something has changed him. I'm sorry that your mother left you all while you were young. But remember, that he stayed with you."

I was surprised that she knew that. "How did you?"

"From your home. It tells a story. I didn't mean to say it out like that, but I don't exactly know how to be delicate." She apologized, but said very bluntly. "Are you sure you want to pursue this path? Perhaps you won't like what you'll find at the end. I know that the Captain always wanted to protect those closest to him. And sometimes, the answer you're looking for isn't always the right one, or the one you're looking for."

I looked away and thought to myself. Then looked up at her with a face of determination. I was already set on this path. Whether it is Destiny or Fate. I will see through this to the end, whatever the end my be.

"We're going to see Team F.U.T.A."

Chapter 6: Young Guns

#12 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:09 PM

Whoa! You've still been working on this, Hoku my man. Awesome! wow.png

Looking forward to the new updates, and CONGRATS ON REACHING 5000 POSTS! w00t.gif

#13 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,861 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:19 PM

You finally updated!!! XDDD

Can't wait for the next chapters!

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#14 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:38 PM

YAY update! Awesome so far, can't wait for the next chapters. :3

#15 hokuten

hokuten

I am CLUTCH.

• Kage
  • 8,014 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:49 AM

Finally! Episode 1 is complete! Which means that Chapter 3 is also complete now! I have to admit there were a few things I ended up changing a little. Also please don't be confused by Episodes and Chapters. There are 3 chapters in each episode. Wow, I haven't written anything that long in...well a long time! LOL Anyway, just expect some chapters to be short, while others may be longer. But I think for the most part, the second half chapters will probably the longer ones anyway. Well anyway, thanks for the support!

And now the REAL story begins!

#16 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:23 AM

I gotta say man, you've done one hell of a job with this. I figured you might have lost your touch since it's been a while when you wrote the original HMS NaruSaku, but with just the first episode and part of the second you've still got that uncanny ability to really draw someone in. Great use of vocabulary, articulate formation, and descriptive setting make it come out very smoothly. You know if you switched around the names a bit here and there you could even make it to a pretty good original adventure novel haha.

I'm loving the story so far and can't wait to read some of the future parts you were talking about earlier.

#17 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

Now THAT is a Flame War!!!

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:43 AM

I'm curious. am i still in the story ? If so my character has changed a lot lol.
I think i used to be a tad like Krispy brat in the last one.... But then pocky
and Quixotic left.... sad.gif

#18 demonfox04

demonfox04

The Don - 'Nuff Said

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:59 PM

wow.gif...a_dance.gif One of my fav things from back in the day has returned!! Awesomeness!! Looking really good so far. Can't wait to see what ya have in store this time around. smile.gif

Edited by demonfox04, 17 April 2010 - 11:59 PM.

"Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now, you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friend." - Bruce Lee

Whether 1 and 15 or 15 and 1, Superbowl or Toiletbowl...those are my Boys. Ain't no bandwagon here. GO COWBOYS!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users