35 replies to this topic

#1 Candleguy

Candleguy

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 04:11 AM

I think this is the right place for this. I wanted to make a kind of testing/feedback area, a place  to gauge people's opinions on certain kinds of things that I am thinking about fiddling with in any of my stories.

For example I am wondering do you guys think Naruto would still call Sakura "Sakura-chan" even after they are married?

Edited by Candleguy, 19 December 2014 - 04:11 AM.

#2 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 19 December 2014 - 04:28 AM

I think this is the right place for this. I wanted to make a kind of testing/feedback area, a place  to gauge people's opinions on certain kinds of things that I am thinking about fiddling with in any of my stories.

For example I am wondering do you guys think Naruto would still call Sakura "Sakura-chan" even after they are married?

Maybe especially if he's the same goofy self.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#3 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:08 PM

tumblr_mdkt5r1YES1ra5kqco3_500.gif¨

(Edit; found a better one hehe.)

Edited by sushi., 19 December 2014 - 06:20 PM.

ナルサク

#4 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:25 PM

Of course!
But in my headcanon when he is talking seriously to her he drops the "-chan"

Edited by Nar123, 19 December 2014 - 04:29 PM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#5 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:21 PM

I think he would still use Sakura-chan in private or intimate settings, when they are alone or he's being especially sweet to her. Or when he's concerned for about her or for her.

I think when they are older it becomes something he doesn't say to other people, just to her.

And it also can be not just an endearing term, but a sort of gentle reminder, in times of stress or if they are fighting, when she wants to do something risky, that he knows her far better than anyone else. It can be a single word that is embued with a sense of understanding. "Sakura-chan," uttered warningly after a hokage's meeting about some new threat on the horizon, can mean that they have a shared history and Naruto is reading her mind about something dangerous he knows she'd liked to do now.

So it doesn't always have to be the sappy epithet. In fact, I like it when the Sakura-chan isn't used very often by Naruto in stories. It makes its impact that much greater.

#6 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 19 December 2014 - 04:49 PM

Yes I do think he would still use his pet name for her. I personally think it's something he'd never grow out of, but if he did grow out of it I'd agree that it would be just like Tricksie said,

"I think he would still use Sakura-chan in private or intimate settings, when they are alone or he's being especially sweet to her. Or when he's concerned for about her or for her.

I think when they are older it becomes something he doesn't say to other people, just to her."

So in this case he would still use it on occasion, but in the long run the name would always be something Naruto would use. Now when I think of Naruto saying Sakura-chan I think of my uncle. His name is Adrian but when I was little I couldn't pronounce Tio Adrian, instead I came up with a phrase that I can't even begin to know how to type it out, but that phrase is still used by me to this day. I'm 32 but I still call him what I did ages ago :3

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#7 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:30 PM

I think he would still use Sakura-chan in private or intimate settings, when they are alone or he's being especially sweet to her. Or when he's concerned for about her or for her.

I think when they are older it becomes something he doesn't say to other people, just to her.

And it also can be not just an endearing term, but a sort of gentle reminder, in times of stress or if they are fighting, when she wants to do something risky, that he knows her far better than anyone else. It can be a single word that is embued with a sense of understanding. "Sakura-chan," uttered warningly after a hokage's meeting about some new threat on the horizon, can mean that they have a shared history and Naruto is reading her mind about something dangerous he knows she'd liked to do now.

So it doesn't always have to be the sappy epithet. In fact, I like it when the Sakura-chan isn't used very often by Naruto in stories. It makes its impact that much greater.

Yes I do think he would still use his pet name for her. I personally think it's something he'd never grow out of, but if he did grow out of it I'd agree that it would be just like Tricksie said,

"I think he would still use Sakura-chan in private or intimate settings, when they are alone or he's being especially sweet to her. Or when he's concerned for about her or for her.

I think when they are older it becomes something he doesn't say to other people, just to her."

So in this case he would still use it on occasion, but in the long run the name would always be something Naruto would use. Now when I think of Naruto saying Sakura-chan I think of my uncle. His name is Adrian but when I was little I couldn't pronounce Tio Adrian, instead I came up with a phrase that I can't even begin to know how to type it out, but that phrase is still used by me to this day. I'm 32 but I still call him what I did ages ago :3

Ladies, you still got some great suggestions, and I agree. I like to think that Naruto would still call Sakura Sakura-chan when he wants to comfort her or be sweet with her, yet he'll use no prefix when they're with others, especially after being married. 

#8 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:31 PM

Of course. She is his Sakura-chan after all. And the hokage's wife would have it no other way. :happy:

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 21 December 2014 - 06:32 PM.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#9 Candleguy

Candleguy

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 11:59 AM

Random question:

What is the word that usually seems to mean or something along those lines "idiot" that Sasuke calls Naruto? I've seen it usually used in a affectionate context within the fandom.

I think it's "dobe" but there is another word that starts with a U that I seem to remember

#10 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 24 December 2014 - 07:22 PM

dobe general its supposed to mean deadlast or the like, referring of course to Narutos academy performance

I actually think its overused in fan fiction. generally Sasuke tends to use Narutos name only calling him deadlast when he does something stupid.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#11 Candleguy

Candleguy

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:55 PM

How old do you guys think Sakura and Naruto are in 700?

I am trying to think up a general timeline of the years from 699 to The Last and then 700.

#12 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:12 PM

I believe so yes. In Bakuman, after one couple got married, he calls his wife with -chan suffix. So why not. At this rate, this series made the use of -kun so offensive...

#13 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:32 PM

Random question:

What is the word that usually seems to mean or something along those lines "idiot" that Sasuke calls Naruto? I've seen it usually used in a affectionate context within the fandom.

I think it's "dobe" but there is another word that starts with a U that I seem to remember

The word with U you mean is "usuratonkachi"

How old do you guys think Sakura and Naruto are in 700?

I am trying to think up a general timeline of the years from 699 to The Last and then 700.

Naruto is nineteen at the last, his marriage is said to be two years after that stupid story
I guess we can safely say they are in their early thirties, maybe 32 or 33

Edited by Nar123, 30 December 2014 - 03:35 PM.

#14 somilmish

somilmish

Ghost

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Interests:Tanki Online, Physics, Pottermore, Snape FF, Naruto, Fanfiction, Call of Duty, Total War series, AC, SC, etc .

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:40 AM

there's also baka..
sakura uses it frequently. (for naruto)
6r1oag.jpg

#15 somilmish

somilmish

Ghost

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Interests:Tanki Online, Physics, Pottermore, Snape FF, Naruto, Fanfiction, Call of Duty, Total War series, AC, SC, etc .

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:42 AM

me wanna ask something too!

if a someone calls. 'A' A-kun, is it more informal than simply using the name.

Which will be a more endearing suffix?
6r1oag.jpg

#16 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 01:21 PM

me wanna ask something too!

if a someone calls. 'A' A-kun, is it more informal than simply using the name.

Which will be a more endearing suffix?

-Chan, and no suffix at all show closeness

-Kun, and -San are more formal.

Edited by Nar123, 26 July 2015 - 10:03 PM.

#17 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 31 December 2014 - 06:34 PM

yes Kun is generally a more informal means of address.

its usually used by adults taking to a young boy, or by peers referring to each other mostly girls same age referring to a guy.

the use of a  suffix most often denotes some distance between the speakers of at least a formal distance.

Chan is as explained above a more cutesy and friendly  suffix generally used towards young girls

it is also used between people who love each other as a cutesy nickname

In regards to Sakura calling Naruto baka-ie idiot moron etc-- that is another one that's overused a bit.

Sakuras calling Naruto baka would most often be used in one of two contexts.

either comedic--naruto hops up and gives  aloud speech decrying a villages dislike fo ramen coming perilously close to insulting the village leader in  the process  sakura smakcs him down and calls him an idiot

or a cutesy moment --sakura and naruto hugging each other after a tough fight naruto makes a comment how hell always be there for her and she calls him an idiot but her tone is one fo affection--my idiot she says with a warm smile on her face.

she might tease him with it occasionally but that would sort of fall under the comedic context.

Edited by catsi563, 31 December 2014 - 06:35 PM.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#18 Candleguy

Candleguy

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:45 AM

Are Bolt and Salad the official names for the spawns?

#19 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:26 AM

Are Bolt and Salad the official names for the spawns?

When translate yes, their names are Sarada and Boruto  :sick: 

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#20 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:31 PM

official names for what I consider an AU universe.

name them whatever you feel is appropriate I prefer the Shinachiku and Hanawamiri (sp?) characters.

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Catsis Fan Fiction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users