• Please log in to reply
54175 replies to this topic

#42861 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 09 April 2016 - 11:34 PM

Definitely Goku, no question.

True its what he said as well and done another with Vegeta and Sasuke saying Vegeta is a lot better and that he didn't want anyone saying that Sasuke was better than Sasuke will post the vids when I find them.

#42862 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 11:38 PM

True its what he said as well and done another with Vegeta and Sasuke saying Vegeta is a lot better and that he didn't want anyone saying that Sasuke was better than Sasuke will post the vids when I find them.

Vegeta care to trunk and bulma, sasuke want to get out from them.

#42863 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 11:57 PM

Can someone link me the manga page where Naruto looks at Sakura and Sarade with a look of longing in Gaiden?

#42864 Skarrow

Skarrow

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 11:59 PM

^Mangapanda or mangastream? Or does the translation not count, you just want an image?

#42865 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 12:02 AM

^Mangapanda or mangastream? Or does the translation not count, you just want an image?

I just wanted the image but it doesn't matter. Thanks :)

#42866 Skarrow

Skarrow

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 12:10 AM

What chapter of Naruto Gaiden was this?

#42867 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 12:21 AM

What chapter of Naruto Gaiden was this?

I can't even remember because I didn't read it but it might be either 8-10. idk

#42868 Skarrow

Skarrow

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 12:27 AM

Here ya go... I think.

#42869 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 12:30 AM

Here ya go... I think.

Thank you!

#42870 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 10 April 2016 - 03:03 AM

Bit of a stretch to think it was a look of longing. Honestly I think he just looked concerned and it actually reminded me of the old naruto. The POAL one who just wanted what was best for Sakura. In this picture Naruto seems like he just wants Sarada and possibly Sakura to be happy. Compared to how he treated Boruto at the end of 700 and gaiden it is really refreshing.

It beats Sasuke's look of "I have so many problems/darkness/I have emotions/pity me pity me pity me

We know Kishi knows how to do these things. Just look at Naruto's reunion with his mother and father. 

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#42871 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,554 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 04:06 AM

http://insideoftrave...-his-and-sakura

#42872 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 18 April 2016 - 07:13 AM

and this post proves how ridiculous the proenders are. 

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#42873 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 08:38 AM

Only an idiot would try to defend this ending and everything that came out after it. I know I've asked this before but can someone post that panel where Naruto hits his son?

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#42874 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,554 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 08:57 AM

r_We_Kfn8.jpg

#42875 Skarrow

Skarrow

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:20 AM

Bit of a stretch to think it was a look of longing. Honestly I think he just looked concerned and it actually reminded me of the old naruto. The POAL one who just wanted what was best for Sakura. In this picture Naruto seems like he just wants Sarada and possibly Sakura to be happy. Compared to how he treated Boruto at the end of 700 and gaiden it is really refreshing.

...Looking at the picture again, I guess you're right. Maybe I got the wrong panel/page, then? I never really read Naruto Gaiden myself, I just read various chapter by chapter reviews to get the gist of what was happening.

--

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but can someone explain to me how Gaara controls sand?

#42876 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:28 AM

r_We_Kfn8.jpg

Thank you.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#42877 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 03:39 PM

and this post proves how ridiculous the proenders are. 

Great post. Yes, it does show how ridiculous the ending was. How out of character and incongruent with the plot.

It's crazy too, because the beginning of the series was about Naruto and Sakura and their world, the new generation surpassing the old, pushing back against the old traditions that put people down and held them back (like Neji and the Hyuuga). Whereas the ending is all about how the roles reflect traditional Japanese stereotypes or current social mores in Japanese life. Posters often link the ending ships (heroic guy finally notices long-suffering girl) and the characters' choices and behaviors to some present-day Japanese attitudes.

I wonder when Kishimoto shifted from making a manga about a character that breaks new ground, challenges the old system and prevails to usher in a happier, more peaceful era...to a manga where the main character follows the same path as everyone else before him, becomes the same as the previous generation, gives up on his sworn goals, and ends up in an unfulfilled life.

I wonder when Kishimoto changed his story from a fantastical hero's journey and "how it could be," to a reflection on real life and what it's like to "accept the way it's always been."

After reading that post, I can't help but feeling Sakura was the one who was punished most out of the group. But then again, neither Sakura nor Naruto (nor even Sasuke) had a happy ending.  

#42878 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 18 April 2016 - 04:17 PM

Great post. Yes, it does show how ridiculous the ending was. How out of character and incongruent with the plot.

It's crazy too, because the beginning of the series was about Naruto and Sakura and their world, the new generation surpassing the old, pushing back against the old traditions that put people down and held them back (like Neji and the Hyuuga). Whereas the ending is all about how the roles reflect traditional Japanese stereotypes or current social mores in Japanese life. Posters often link the ending ships (heroic guy finally notices long-suffering girl) and the characters' choices and behaviors to some present-day Japanese attitudes.

I wonder when Kishimoto shifted from making a manga about a character that breaks new ground, challenges the old system and prevails to usher in a happier, more peaceful era...to a manga where the main character follows the same path as everyone else before him, becomes the same as the previous generation, gives up on his sworn goals, and ends up in an unfulfilled life.

I wonder when Kishimoto changed his story from a fantastical hero's journey and "how it could be," to a reflection on real life and what it's like to "accept the way it's always been."

After reading that post, I can't help but feeling Sakura was the one who was punished most out of the group. But then again, neither Sakura nor Naruto (nor even Sasuke) had a happy ending.  

I agree 100%,I felt the exact same way about sakura when reading it too.  as much as people try to compare this to dbz, at least dbz followed through with the journey and what it was meant to be and its morals, it doesn't matter how bad super or anything else gets since in the end the the orignal story still holds up and toriyama is still a better author than kishimoto hands down. every shonen I've ever watched is better than naruto, even for example yu yu hakusho, at least they followed through on the story and everything it was supposed to be. how can anyone call kishimoto a good author?

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#42879 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,554 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 06:44 PM

The ending because of executive/editorial mandate, and kishi himself giving up is probably the closet answer we are going to get.

I agree 100%,I felt the exact same way about sakura when reading it too.  as much as people try to compare this to dbz, at least dbz followed through with the journey and what it was meant to be and its morals, it doesn't matter how bad super or anything else gets since in the end the the orignal story still holds up and toriyama is still a better author than kishimoto hands down. every shonen I've ever watched is better than naruto, even for example yu yu hakusho, at least they followed through on the story and everything it was supposed to be. how can anyone call kishimoto a good author?

Because they got what they wanted -nH- and they don't care about anything else.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 18 April 2016 - 06:45 PM.

#42880 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 07:29 PM

Something tells me that in the long run, Tricksie, perhaps a lot of things like Kishimoto to do what he did, though I think he just chose to be a quitter, contradicting all he had Naruto be, as well as the fact we got people pressuring him in his editorial staff around Shippuden's time trying to push the story their way, and look at the cluster**** mess that we got from their selfishness and Kishimoto's inability to just put his foot down and go "NO".

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)