End of the Recession! >.<

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:44 PM

Thank God D:

#2 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:47 PM

See? It takes patience and teamwork and our economy will be good once more.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#3 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:24 PM

Hopefully just the news that there is an end and a turn-around in sight will make things improve that much faster.

#4 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:01 PM

Sounds promising, but I just hope this wasn't from CNBC; the past 2 years they kept saying that everything was fine and it just kept getting worse.

Granted, everyone knew things would get better eventually, but it is NOT fun to live through it; I need a job RIGHT FREAKING NOW!!!

#5 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:15 PM

Is it wrong of me , that I don't believe that this new recession isn't going to just die off in 2010?

" A group of financial wizards looked into their crystal ball Tuesday and saw some good news. "

Yeah , you've gained my trust with that one Merlin.

#6 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:39 PM

"Financial Wizards" mean nothing. Things won't truly get better unless we all try to make them better. There isn't a magic "Fix" button that will make this all better. It's going to be a long while before we get out of all these holes we've dug. And that's going to be a long time coming, because, well...

To quote the great Wiggum: "Dig UP, stupid!" seems to have been the major motto for the past decade.

#7 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:07 AM

In my opinion it ain't over yet. Only if all countries were to roll out super packages we can hope for some increase in global demand and that's where they should start. THe G20 meeting is coming up so lets cross our fingers shall we?
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#8 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:00 AM

Hope we're not getting trolled. D:

#9 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 09 May 2009 - 12:18 AM

WASHINGTON – Evidence is piling up that the worst part of the recession has ended. But that doesn't mean the pain is over.

A better-than-expected unemployment report Friday — job losses declined to the lowest level in six months — capped a week of encouraging news, including firmer home sales, a revival in consumer spending and fresh optimism about the biggest U.S. banks.

The economy remains vulnerable to further shocks, and 13.7 million people are unemployed. The jobless rate rose to 8.9 percent in the new report and still seems headed for a stinging 10 percent.

Yet confidence is building that the recession, the longest since the Great Depression, will end this summer or fall, setting the stage for a slow recovery.

Pointing to recent improvements, President Barack Obama said Friday "the gears of our economic engine do seem to be slowly turning once again."

By some measures, the darkest months have passed. The plunges in economic activity and rising waves of layoffs, seen from the end of 2008 through the start of this year, seem to have subsided.

"The winds are still howling, but I think we can see the sunlight on the distant horizon," said Mark Zandi, chief economist at Moody's Economy.com. "Clearly, the job losses are moderating."

The economy probably is still shrinking in the current quarter but only at about half the pace — around 3 percent — that it had in the prior six months, the worst in 50 years. Businesses are expected to be cutting back far less on things like home building, commercial construction, equipment and software. And factories could then boost production to replenish razor-thin stockpiles of goods.

Many believe the economy could start growing again by summer or, more likely, by the final quarter of this year, as the impact of tax cuts and increased government spending on big public works projects contained in Obama's $787 billion stimulus package takes hold.

A burst of hiring by the federal government to prepare for the 2010 Census played a big role in the April improvement. Smaller payrolls cuts at construction companies, factories, retailers and financial services also factored in.

Still, a string of reports out this week suggested the recession is finally starting to lose its bite and the economy is stabilizing.

• The number of newly laid-off workers filing applications for jobless benefits plunged to the lowest level in 14 weeks.

• Sales at many retailers fared better in April, with Wal-Mart Stores Inc. leading the way.

• Construction spending rose in March, the first increase after five straight months of declines. An index of pending home sales also ticked up.

• The U.S. services sector contracted in April at a slower pace than the prior month.

• Government exams of the nation's biggest banks helped lift a cloud of uncertainty that has hung over the economy.

Those "stress test" results — a key administration effort to boost confidence in the financial system — showed nine of the 19 biggest banks have enough capital to withstand a deeper recession. Ten must raise a total of $75 billion in new capital to withstand possible future losses.

Taken altogether, the recent news provides "very clear signs that we are making progress toward reaching a bottom, which is the first step you need to accomplish before you can achieve a turnaround," said Ken Mayland, president of ClearView Economics. "A recovery is now in sight."

#10 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 12:25 AM

Finally. If this s*itstorm clears up sometime soon, I might have a career when I graduate... DX

#11 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ May 8 2009, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Finally. If this s*itstorm clears up sometime soon, I might have a career when I graduate... DX

Indeed DX

#12 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ May 8 2009, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Indeed DX

Ugh. Know what's annoying, Shauna?

That internship job for my program, the people that were eligible for it got shafted. The employer never called them back. The economy just scares some companies into NOT hiring.

#13 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 09 May 2009 - 01:36 AM

I am glad were making a improvement. I was just getting on my nervous a bit about everything.

#14 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 05:25 AM

Well I know my company is on a basic "freeze" until the end of the year. No hiring, 10% pay cut for salaried employees, 20% pay cut for hourerly employees.

But I work in the machine tool trade, so we were hit by the recession later than most companies, and will suffer longer than most. It is nice to know that the are looking at it ending in 2009, meaning bussines for my company should fully pick up but 3rd quarter 2010.
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

#15 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 03:01 PM

Well, for one thing.. when this is all over I sure hope Obama can do something about those Giant corporates & make them pay big time & I also hope he can focus on other stuff like mending relationships with Muslims etc...

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users