Fave DC pairings =3

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:25 AM

I've always loved the RobStar (Robin/Starfire pairing), and have been extremely happy that Teen Titans Go! rekindled this awesome pairing~

Touched on it a lil bit here~ ;3

I also liked the pairing of Superboy and M'gann in Young Justice, and was as confused as the more hardcore S/M shippers, when they randomly and mysteriously broke up before the premier of Young Justice: Invasion :confused: .

And lately, I've begun to explore the tantalizing idea of Superman and Wonder Woman together, after watching Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths and seeing how well SM and WW looked and worked together ;3

But I also find the Batman/Wonder Woman pairing equally enticing~ :fu:

So, what about you all? What are your favourite DC pairings? =3

#2 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:03 PM

1.) Robin/Starfire

2.) Batman/Wonder Woman

3.) Superboy/Wonder Girl (Cassie not Donna)

4.) Changeling (Beast Boy)/Raven

5.) Green Arrow/Black Canary

uc.png

#3 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

1) Starfire and Robin;

2) Superboy and Wonder Girl;

3) And I also like Superman and Wonder woman in Kingdom Come.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#4 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:58 PM

Am I the only one who favors Superman (Clark)/Lois pairing? Always like this pairing in the animated series, Smallville, and in Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman.

While now at days because of the New 52 series, the authors are now focusing on Superman and Wonder Woman (Diana), which led me saying, "Now they're shipping main heroes?"

I also liked Robin/Starfire and Raven/Beastboy from Teen Titans.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#5 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:09 PM

Liked how JLU entertained the possibility of a BatWonder pairing, but seeing Batman Beyond, it obviously didn't happen.  :unsure:

Aside from that, I liked Robin and Raven's chemistry in the older Teen Titans cartoon, "Haunted, Fear Itself, Birthmark, and The End I-III" were good RobxRae ship teases.

#6 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:51 PM

Am I the only one who favors Superman (Clark)/Lois pairing? Always like this pairing in the animated series, Smallville, and in Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman.

I just...don't like Lois Lane. I'm sorry, I just don't. Not sure why :shrug:

She has always just kind of...rubbed me the wrong way >.>

3) And I also like Superman and Wonder woman in Kingdom Come.

*adds movie to list to watch* :smug:

#7 Pocky-chan

Pocky-chan

Cavelady from 2005 or something

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts
  • Interests:William Riker and his beard

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:59 PM

Swamp thing/Alec x Abby Arcane has always been my OTP, and with the Nu52 thing it has doubled my shipping heart into Mary Poppin's bag. An infinite storage for my never ending feels. Uuuuuuggghhhh.....

I've always liked Superman x Wonder Woman too... but I'm feeling blah with the direction DC is taking the two currently.

Uh what else  turns me into a sobbing mess....

Oh! Kate Kane and Renee Montoya, the sexual tension was so heavy between the two pre-Nu52, it could've been cut with a chainsaw.

Aquaman x Mera, extremely cute.

Hmmm I could've sworn I liked more but these are probably the ones that I've always favoured most, even against the odds

#8 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

I just...don't like Lois Lane. I'm sorry, I just don't. Not sure why :shrug:

She has always just kind of...rubbed me the wrong way >.>

*adds movie to list to watch* :smug:

I'm pretty sure there is no movie based on kingdom come, only an comic. Unless I'm mistaken....

Edited by alexander, 03 June 2013 - 05:04 PM.

#9 Nefertieh

Nefertieh

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:05 PM

No love for BatCat? >:(

<3

Edited by Nefertieh, 03 June 2013 - 05:16 PM.

Follow the Yahoo JP ratings for The Last here.

#10 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:08 PM

I have difficulties with pairings in superhero comics in general, thanks to the stupid way DC and Marvel both like to throw bombs and turn everything into a bloody soap opera every time a pairing starts to happen, but in various TV\fanfiction universes....

I prefer RobStar, LoisClark (you aren't alone, Derock!), BatmanCatwoman (I didn't particularly have a Batman pairing until a certain fanfic by Kryalla Orchid in her "Masks" universe.  "Mom" damn near evoked tears.  Now I want the pairing just so Richard Grayson still has his momma), WW\Steve Trevor (WHY did he get so horribly treated by canon?  Geez).  I think I've like others, as well, but I can't remember them all -- I may post again if I can think of them.

Edit:  Spelling corrected on Kryalla Orchid's name, and because Richard Grayson's nickname gets auto-corrected.

Edited by desaix, 03 June 2013 - 05:20 PM.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#11 Pocky-chan

Pocky-chan

Cavelady from 2005 or something

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts
  • Interests:William Riker and his beard

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:14 PM

I'm pretty sure there is no movie based on kingdom come, only an comic. Unless I'm mistaken....

No movies for the comic... though there IS like an audiobook and I can vouch that the voices are pretty damn amazing.

#12 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:26 PM

No movies for the comic... though there IS like an audiobook and I can vouch that the voices are pretty damn amazing.

After being delightfully treated to the Wheel of Time and LOTR/Hobbit books on audio, I loooove audibooks. I'll definitely check it out if you say the voices are amazing =3

#13 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

Make sure to check the comic too, it haves an amazing art style and very unique character design.

SM_WW_Kingdom_Come_by_furbelows.jpg

#14 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:34 PM

Make sure to check the comic too, it haves an amazing art style and very unique character design.

Will do, thanks :thumb:

#15 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

well...Artemis and Kidflash used to be...until they you know.....killed it........

so now my favorites are Robin and Batgirl,  and Beastboy and Raven XD~

(I'm totally cool with Robin and Starfire though ^_^)

OH and of course Batman and Catwoman

Edited by merryGOflava, 03 June 2013 - 08:28 PM.

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#16 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:32 PM

I have difficulties with pairings in superhero comics in general, thanks to the stupid way DC and Marvel both like to throw bombs and turn everything into a bloody soap opera every time a pairing starts to happen, but in various TV\fanfiction universes....

I prefer RobStar, LoisClark (you aren't alone, Derock!), BatmanCatwoman (I didn't particularly have a Batman pairing until a certain fanfic by Kryalla Orchid in her "Masks" universe.  "Mom" damn near evoked tears.  Now I want the pairing just so Richard Grayson still has his momma), WW\Steve Trevor (WHY did he get so horribly treated by canon?  Geez).  I think I've like others, as well, but I can't remember them all -- I may post again if I can think of them.

Edit:  Spelling corrected on Kryalla Orchid's name, and because Richard Grayson's nickname gets auto-corrected.

Yay! I'm not alone in the Clark/Lois! :D

Sorry those who favor Clark and Diana, I felt Clark and Lois is better because well, I know Superman's story for years, and they were the super couple of the time. And I think Bruce should get in with Diana because their chemistry was right in the Justice League series. Though I don't mind him and Catwoman.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#17 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:17 PM

I'm sorry, Derock, but I got tired of Lois and Clark after a while because Lois got annoying to me. Perhaps it is because the writers just make her super annoying (pun intended). Here is a girl who fangirls Superman likes crazy, but also doesn't really care about anyone, BUT the story itself. That's all she seemed to focus on was the story. She then would put herself into situations that she knew were dangerous for said story and then expect Superman to save her. Then when Superman needed her the most, she abandoned him and lost faith in him. The last story I liked her in was the Death of Superman comic where for once she didn't care about the story.

It got to me after a while when you see other females be so concerned for Clark's safety meanwhile Lois Lane was too busy trying to get that "great story." Superman Returns movie even pissed me off more about her because in this rendition she actually profits on her hatred for Superman leaving.

Then we also have Larry Niven's "Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex" article which had some good points.

I actually like the new idea of Superman and Wonder Woman simply because it is like an old school NaruSaku stuff. Yeah she could be with Batman who is dark and has troubled past like Sasuke, but she chooses to be with Superman who puts everyone else before him like Naruto. And she is just as strong in will. If you don't like it, at least we got the benefit of multiple universes where Lois and Clark got married and have kids....(even though in some universes this was described as impossible due to biology.)

Funny enough, we also have the fact that Lois was not Clark's first love choice and actually his first love was Lana Lang. Kind of like how Peter Parker's first love interest was not Mary Jane, but Liz Allan, then he fell in love with Betty Brant, followed by the more popular Gwen Stacy. Ironic seeing as many people know Mary Jane the best yet she was number 4 on the list of loves and the former Gwen Stacy didn't happen because she died.

Batman also has been a huge playboy and has maybe slept with over 12 different women all of whom became love interest at some point. Yet noone seems to have a problem with this. Do you think Batman and Wonder Woman is a better choice than Batman and Catwoman?

Ironman: You mean you never told anyone you're secret identity before?

Batman: Umm...no.
Superman: HAH! Try every girl you ever dated
Batman: What?
Superman: *in Batman voice* "Oh I'm Bruce Wayne and I like you, let me tell you my big secret"
Batman: Oh you're the one to talk, Mr. Mind-Eraser
-HISHE Iron Man.

That's my take on it.

I also like the Red Robin (Tim Drake) and Batgirl (Stephanie Brown) which is an interesting pairing choice.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 03 June 2013 - 10:34 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#18 Lady_duckish

Lady_duckish

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:27 PM

At the end of the day Wonder Woman would only fit in the Batverse long enough for them to show us why it wouldnt work. Still, I fell in love with the ship in the animated Justice League shows. 

BatWondy will always be dear to me, but I do like the bat with both Catwoman and Talia. 

As for SuperWonder, I like it but I don't care at all for how its currently being written. I think they are trying to show us that Clark's heart is at war with itself, but it looks like Diana is a second choice while he pines for Lois ( I cant remember exactly what was said, but  Clark said something like .."since Im with Diana I cant be with Lois". Even the way they got together was kinda blah.

If Orion stops being a massive buttface for a while, I could see myself getting into the idea of him and Diana.Amazon princess and the Dog of War.. Nice ring to it.

"Thursday cry moved up to Wednesday due to scheduling conflicts" -The Onion (I laughed till I cried)

#19 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:48 PM

At the end of the day Wonder Woman would only fit in the Batverse long enough for them to show us why it wouldnt work. Still, I fell in love with the ship in the animated Justice League shows. 

BatWondy will always be dear to me, but I do like the bat with both Catwoman and Talia. 

As for SuperWonder, I like it but I don't care at all for how its currently being written. I think they are trying to show us that Clark's heart is at war with itself, but it looks like Diana is a second choice while he pines for Lois ( I cant remember exactly what was said, but  Clark said something like .."since Im with Diana I cant be with Lois". Even the way they got together was kinda blah.

If Orion stops being a massive buttface for a while, I could see myself getting into the idea of him and Diana.Amazon princess and the Dog of War.. Nice ring to it.

I can actually understand this, but Geoff Johns might continue to spice up the relationship so it might get better and he says it is more than just a fling and will be the canon pairing for this universe.

My friend made a good point that I kind of have to agree with: Lois loves Superman but not Clark/Kal-El. Wonder Women however loves the real guy behind the big S.

This kind of got me thinking that WW only got with Batman because she couldn't have Superman lol

Edited by James S Cassidy, 03 June 2013 - 10:48 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#20 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:55 PM

I actually like the new idea of Superman and Wonder Woman simply because it is like an old school NaruSaku stuff. Yeah she could be with Batman who is dark and has troubled past like Sasuke, but she chooses to be with Superman who puts everyone else before him like Naruto. And she is just as strong in will.

Never thought of it that way before. Fantastic parallel/comparison =D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users