31562 replies to this topic

#26881 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 10:39 PM

Are you sure about that? Perhaps it would be more recognizable if I said the name "Jesse Chambers" or even "Jesse Wells" who is considered one of the major parts of the Flash Family. She even makes an appearance on the Flash Tv show along with Wally thought with some slight changes to her origin.

Max Mercury, outside of teaching Wally West, doesn't really do much either. I would say they both have equal contribution to the Flash story and both having great impact on Wally's life. Granted, if you follow Barry Allen they don't do much, but she still plays a heavy role in Wally's story overall.

That's... huh, yeah, actually I do recognize that a bit more than the superhero identity. I guess I remember Max more because I remember him mentoring Bart before disappearing into time or the Speed Force or whatever it ended up being (I like Flash but I don't follow closely enough to know all the twists).

Funny because I "know" more about Blue Beetle than I do Miles Morales. I read some of Miles stuff, but maybe that is the problem...it has been done before, but with more originality.

I guess so, but it's not really an either/or thing for me. I love both characters (and wish one of Blue Beetles solos would actually freaking catch on for once, I don't know why more people don't read them). I feel like they're different enough in environment, upbringing and so on. But if you don't like him, you don't like him.

Blue Beetle, Static Shock (I highly enjoy him and kind of wish we get a live action of him. A good live-action), and a few others kind of have very similar concepts.

I genuinely don't think Static's ever going to be a real "thing" again, just due to rights issues. I'm pretty sure he's still technically owned by Milestone and any time DC wanted to use him it was on license during the times Milestone was functionally defunct. I heard Milestone's trying to make a comeback as an entity again and want to get ongoings with Static and a couple others off the ground, but we haven't heard from Hudlin and Cowyn since they talked about it. Maybe, if that doesn't work out, they might make some deals with DC again, but I don't know how likely that is. I remember Dwayne MacDuffie sounding a little bitter about the fact that despite licensing the line itself back near the end of the aughts the only character they seemed interested in was Static. I don't know how the surviving folks feel.

Blue Beetle's a maybe, though. Geoff Johns loves him and has talked about wanting to get something going with him outside of comics for a while now. I remember there was an effects test done. I wouldn't be surprised if, with the DC streaming service, he either ends up with his own show or ends up a cast member on Titans eventually, if only for a while. Hell, that might even get him in front of enough eyeballs that a solo might take.

I have just seen it all before and want to see something else.

I mean, you can. No one's forcing you to read it. And fair or not, while you and I may love Static and Blue Beetle, they're C tier DC or DC adjacent properties that don't always manage to hold down either a book or steady readership. It sucks, but Marvel's dominated the superhero conversation in pop culture for a while and a black/hispanic kid showing that different side of life is just unfortunately going to hit more people who want or need to read about characters like that than DC. DC may have made up some ground in comics themselves post Rebirth, but Marvel's still the darling in the larger mainstream, at least in film (their animated and TV output has often been anemic and questionable, Netflix stuff aside). Much as I prefer DC to Marvel, I accepted that a long time ago.

What's even funnier is your description of Miles reads very much like Jon Kent or Superman's son.

Does it? I mean, I've read all of the Tomasi Superman run in trade, or all that's out in trade right now, at any rate. I don't think they're that similar a character at all, much less my discussion of Miles. Jon's more a kid raised on a farm struggling with his powers and the shadow of his near godlike father, who is himself dealing with the struggles of parenthood, especially when you're both superheroes. Very, very different flavor from any of the Miles Spider-Man books. Especially since that book frequently got weird in a fun way with the two ending up on Dinosaur Island with the last survivor of the Losers, dealing with aliens and multiverse threats.

I know we have gotten off topic with this

We definitely have, but I'd hope the mods/Kages could understand, as I also personally feel like there's only so much left to say about Naruto that hasn't already been said, anyway.

Besides, ain't the first time I've derailed a thread or two with superheroes.

Edited by dl316bh, 26 December 2018 - 10:40 PM.

bd5.jpg

#26882 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 27 December 2018 - 01:55 AM

I know I sound like a broken record but it's true....
Winry Rockbell>>>Hinata Hyuuga.

So that mean winry is better than hinata cause she is majority of full Metal alchemist girls are, riza, Izumi,
Oliva especially those last 2 Izumi is a housewife done right.   

lol well guys I just so this funny vid with Vegeta punching Sasuke in the face, I mean the voice over said this. "You think Sasuke Uchiha is a little kitten and wish someone would to kick his ass."

I'll leave a link it made me laugh so much just jump to 1:11 to the vid as it's worth it seeing Sasuke getting punched in the face.

Nice video man I support those two I'm disappointed satsuki wasn't beating up hinata cause satsuki could beat hinata like nothing heck ryuko never beat her, satsuki only loss was to her mother.

#26883 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 27 December 2018 - 02:01 AM

Show of hands anyone want Darkseid invade the Naruto world and Naruto fail cause after you watch Darkseid fight Thanos in death battle and knowing what Darkseid is who'd want that to. Cause Naruto and everyone is boned. Unless Sakura shows promise and Darkseid takes her to his world and makes her the new big barda that's evil and later gives her omega powers.

#26884 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 02:24 AM

Show of hands anyone want Darkseid invade the Naruto world and Naruto fail cause after you watch Darkseid fight Thanos in death battle and knowing what Darkseid is who'd want that to. Cause Naruto and everyone is boned. Unless Sakura shows promise and Darkseid takes her to his world and makes her the new big barda that's evil and later gives her omega powers.

I kinda stopped watching Deathbattle. I've kinda had enough of their BS when it comes to trying to put feats into numbers, especially when they aren't meant to be taken seriously. Like, Mario can be hurt in games by rather mundane things and can only take a few hits, but you'd never know it from their recent rematch. Or how Link's shield can no-sell Cloud's sword because to them it's indestructible, never mind the amount of attacks you can block with it and still take damage (also, giving Link end-game equipment while Cloud starts with the basics? How is that fair, especially when they gave Tifa her end game equipment).

If I wanted a character to contest Naruto... I dunno. I kinda would like Altair from Re:Creators to take a shot at him. As much as I hate her, she could do the job plus she would spell out how Naruto is a fictional character whose actions have all been determined by popularity. Even bringing into question his current incarnation. No wait, I want Evolt from Kamen Rider Build to do it.

Edited by RulesofNature, 27 December 2018 - 02:31 AM.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#26885 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 27 December 2018 - 07:44 AM

I think he's okay, but he's not really someone I can legitimately say he's one of the best characters in existence.  After all his real purpose for existing is because Peter Parker ends up dying that's it.  The only incarnation of Miles I've legitimately found interest in is the one from the PS4 Spider-Man game.  The one from into the spider-verse is good too, but my preference goes to the PS4 game. 

For me Peter Parker will forever be the true Spider-Man. 

he actually got the captain universe powers in spidergeddon, and for some reason was able to handle the powers better than peter did. wonder how they're gonna explain that later.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#26886 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 02:59 PM

he actually got the captain universe powers in spidergeddon, and for some reason was able to handle the powers better than peter did. wonder how they're gonna explain that later.

Because he was the main character.

Edited by jak123, 27 December 2018 - 02:59 PM.

#26887 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 04:48 PM

jak's right. It's pretty much just that he was one of the two main Spider-Men. SpOck had his plan and Miles got the Uni-force to contribute to the actual battle.

I never read the story where Peter had the Uni-force, only heard about it.

bd5.jpg

#26888 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 06:30 PM

It's funny how Naruto turns up a little ways into the explanation about a story becoming contradictory 

#26889 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 11:50 PM

I got the first three volumes of Delicious in Dungeon for Christmas. As I've mentioned before, I love this manga. One of the things though I've noticed going over the old chapters again is how rooted the worldbuilding is. Like, the worldbuilding of the series is solid but there's all sorts of little things that get little callbacks a few volumes later. In early chapters, there's a reoccuring design of a lion with wings. This ends up being pretty important to the current path the story is in. Senshi's past is hinted at earlier, including stuff that initially sounded like continuity errors but they have a reason. Hell, it makes him having to butcher the kelpie even sadder in retrospect. And there's stuff about Marcille that hinted at her studying forbidden magic, as well as how the stuff about her parents don't match up. Looks like she told everyone they were very important elves, but that seems to be a lie considering an early dream and her reaction last chapter.

You can see that everything is very solid. There was either a lot of planning for the series, or Ryoko Kui is the grand mistress at using callbacks for plot points.

Why do I bring this up? Because this was a problem I had with Naruto after a while. When it tried to make the Uzumaki's a big thing, as well as saying the Uchiha were hated. Those developments made zero sense to me as a kid. They just invited questions, like why does no one comment on Naruto's name or why was Sasuke treated as the golden boy. It was questioning where Ash got a Tauros all over again.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#26890 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 06:46 AM

I attribute that to Kishi ALWAYS self-contradicting himself just for the sake of drama. Naruto had to come from a special clan because he had to be Sasuke's equal and the Hashirama/Madara compirisons has to be literal. The Uchiha must be a reviled and disgraced clan for a source of drama but Sasuke is Kishi's creator's pet angel baby, so then they wind up as sociopaths, but passionate sociopaths that love too much! And so on. I think that the creator of this manga himself wants both ways and is disillusioned by his characters more than any fan will ever be, truth be told.

Edited by Phantom_999, 30 December 2018 - 06:00 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#26891 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 08:40 PM

I attribute that to Kishi ALWAYS self-contradicting himself just for the sake of drama. Naruto had to come from a special clan because he had to be Sasukes equal and the Hashirama/Madara compirisons has to be literal. The Uchiha must be really reviled and disgraced for a source of drama but Sasuke is Kishis creators pet angel baby, so then they wind up as sociopaths, but passionate sociopaths that love too much! And so on. I think that the creator of this manga himself wants both ways and is disillusioned by his characters more than any fan will ever be, truth be told.

Only time Sasuke ever showed any interest in Sakura was when he did something that Naruto did first.

#26892 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 04:40 AM

https://www.crunchyr...2018-by-country

And here something from the comments: "boruto is one of those examples of an anime that gets notice because a lot of people are watching it waiting for it to get good.... and only giving it so much leeway because of Naruto the anime to come before it."

"These stats are pretty meaningless. Snowball effect dictates which anime are most popular, but doesn't necessarily mean they are all that great. One Piece is extremely dragged out and just not fun to watch atm but we keep on slogging because we've invested so much time into it and want to see Luffy become the King of the Pirates. And if you've read the comments for Boruto you might find out that the anime has sh-t character development and lacks the maturity of Naruto. It's one big filler for young teens. And Black Clover has very poor character development as well with lots of screaming and never giving up. Most shounen do, but the quality is particularly poor for Black Clover. You can feel the corporate decision making in the background and see how everything has been dumbed down. It's uncanny to see Japan start to westernise. And it's frankly a waste of time to watch. My Hero Academia however is f-ing amazing. Best shounen anime I've watched in a long time. Definitely my number 1."

#26893 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 04:56 AM

Seems like the international appeal of the franchise has cratered. At least as far as Crunchyroll goes. Asia's the only place with Boruto actively taking the top spot in a vast majority of it. Which is the region you might expect to still care. Other than that Africa's the only place with a sizable portion watching it in high numbers, judging by the graphic.

bd5.jpg

#26894 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 29 December 2018 - 08:11 AM

Speaking of continuation of series, here is a creator really cares about his series: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z79CzE_aGg

I mean Danny Phantom was such a great  arguably amazing series, and while it did have a conclusion with Season 3 finale part of me knew there were more stories that Butch Hartmen wanted to tell. If by some miracle it ever comes to pass I'll be completely on board. 

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#26895 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 08:41 AM

Weird Random thought: Am I the only one who actually doesn't like Miles Morales? I feel like I am the only one who is not thrilled about him.

I'm okayish with him.

I'm not really a hard-core comics fan, as I usually learn about the characters from other media, and I'm usually forgiving of the crap they often pull since I view them as a template.

That being said, I'm not really on board the Miles hype train. Nothing BAD about him, just nothing unique.

One thing I do have a problem with is his powers, mainly the venom stings and camouflage. Like, seriously? He got bit by the SAME SPIDER, and he gets an additional two powers Parker never had? What kind of crap is that?

Plus, I don't know of ANY spider that can sting with it's feet or change color like a chameleon. Being the animal nut I was in my younger years, I'm POSITIVE I would have heard about such a spider.

I was a Love Hina fan back during high school. I liked the manga, even though I was reading dark fanfics where the girls had to deal with the consequences of their actions. I was more a Keitaro x Motoko fan because, while she was initially the most violent girl, she had a lot of character growth as she grew close to Keitaro. Hell, I was actually upset when I read the author was going to go with my pairing but decided Keitaro x Naru was more expected or something. And I really, really didn't like how Keitaro had to become a clone of Naru's crush in order to get with her. I agree with a lot of the complaints about how the series has aged, how it has this double standard where the girls can get away with anything while Keitaro is fate's chewtoy for the lols, but it wasn't the ending that ruined it for me. I still look back a little fondly of those times... though I do see those darkfics are a lot more common nowadays.

In hindsight, there is another problem with Keitaro winding up with Naru: The promise. In the beginning, we clearly see the flashback of his promise to go to Tokyo U with that dream girl. Then we find out that girl in the flashback was Mutsumi the whole time, but through some convoluted plot device DID make the promise to Naru. Granted, it's easy to get memories from your youth crossed (though I call BS on already having a dream school when you're a toddler), but from a narrative standpoint it can be messy.

I attribute that to Kishi ALWAYS self-contradicting himself just for the sake of drama. Naruto had to come from a special clan because he had to be Sasukes equal and the Hashirama/Madara compirisons has to be literal. The Uchiha must be really reviled and disgraced for a source of drama but Sasuke is Kishis creators pet angel baby, so then they wind up as sociopaths, but passionate sociopaths that love too much! And so on. I think that the creator of this manga himself wants both ways and is disillusioned by his characters more than any fan will ever be, truth be told.

Between the Itachi hunt and the end, I recall a lot of people responding to Kishi's inconsistency with a picture of M Night Shamylan and the text "WHAT A TWIST!"

And here something from the comments: "boruto is one of those examples of an anime that gets notice because a lot of people are watching it waiting for it to get good.... and only giving it so much leeway because of Naruto the anime to come before it."

"These stats are pretty meaningless. Snowball effect dictates which anime are most popular, but doesn't necessarily mean they are all that great. One Piece is extremely dragged out and just not fun to watch atm but we keep on slogging because we've invested so much time into it and want to see Luffy become the King of the Pirates. And if you've read the comments for Boruto you might find out that the anime has sh-t character development and lacks the maturity of Naruto. It's one big filler for young teens. And Black Clover has very poor character development as well with lots of screaming and never giving up. Most shounen do, but the quality is particularly poor for Black Clover. You can feel the corporate decision making in the background and see how everything has been dumbed down. It's uncanny to see Japan start to westernise. And it's frankly a waste of time to watch. My Hero Academia however is f-ing amazing. Best shounen anime I've watched in a long time. Definitely my number 1."

That's really why Boruto has held on as long as it had: A combination of riding off the original Naruto's success and some die hard fans watching in the hopes that it will get better. Really, from what I've seen the better Boruto episodes have the appeal of a run of the mill Naruto filler...that's not a good sign.

#26896 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 09:54 AM

That's really why Boruto has held on as long as it had: A combination of riding off the original Naruto's success and some die hard fans watching in the hopes that it will get better. Really, from what I've seen the better Boruto episodes have the appeal of a run of the mill Naruto filler...that's not a good sign.

Pretty much. Most of Boruto is SP's story ideas/style. So, they do come off as filler; since those same ideas/style were filler in Naruto. The best arcs they had were the Salad arc, and the Chunin exam because they were the stories left by kishi (who is in general a better writer then either his successor or most of the Naruto team writing staff; not that it is hard to be that) and they had years between the originals creation and their anime adaptations to figure out some touch ups to "improve the story." The problem is now; they have nothing they can adapt. Since the manga moves at a snail's pace. Now all they have is filler while they wait till they can adapt the manga. Which leads to the question; "how long will those fans put up with that?"

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 29 December 2018 - 02:38 PM.

#26897 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 05:53 PM

Boruto's really got the Dragonball GT problem. It doesn't come off as particularly legitimate because the original author is barely involved. Boruto's arguably got it even worse, since a ton of people didn't like the ending of its parent series. Some people like the Buu saga and some people don't, but I don't recall people outright trashing it. At most, I saw people who thought it was okay, but should have ended at Cell or Frieza.

I'm not going to lie though, if they got desperate and jutsu'd Naruto to be younger and hang out with his descendant I'd actually kind of love it in a "so bad it's good" way.

One thing I do have a problem with is his powers, mainly the venom stings and camouflage. Like, seriously? He got bit by the SAME SPIDER, and he gets an additional two powers Parker never had? What kind of crap is that?

Plus, I don't know of ANY spider that can sting with it's feet or change color like a chameleon. Being the animal nut I was in my younger years, I'm POSITIVE I would have heard about such a spider.

A fair enough point on his powers. If they bother you they bother you. But I always just assumed they worked the way they did because of the origins of the particular spider. Miles is originally from the Ultimate universe, where the origin was a bit different (the spider was genetically engineered by Oscorp in their attempts to make an analogue to the super soldier serum that made Ultimate Cap and the way Norman ended up the Green Goblin is because, once he realized the connection between Spider-Man and his work, he frantically tried to reverse engineer it and it didn't go according to plan). In the case of Miles spider, it came from an Oscorp scientist taking samples of Peters blood and attempting to figure out how to replicate the process, so any number of changes could have happened, especially since they tried doing it through Peter and not the spider itself. But outside of story reasons, I just shrug my shoulders and engage suspension of disbelief on it; to me, those powers happened simply because they didn't want Miles to be a clone of Peter in power set, which is a hundred percent fair to me.

I don't know if they altered anything for him now that he's in regular Marvel continuity post-Secret Wars, though; I've read most of Ultimate Spider-Man, but haven't read his main universe stuff yet.

In the Into the Spider-Verse film, they altered it so the spider comes from Alchemax. The movie doesn't go into a lot of depth about the spider because it has so much else to do, but I suspect, given a point was made to tie it to Alchemax, it might come up in the sequel and movie Miles will have some ties to Miguel (one of my top three Spider-Men).

bd5.jpg

#26898 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 06:20 PM

I'm okayish with him.

I'm not really a hard-core comics fan, as I usually learn about the characters from other media, and I'm usually forgiving of the crap they often pull since I view them as a template.

That being said, I'm not really on board the Miles hype train. Nothing BAD about him, just nothing unique.

Yeah, that is one thing I does bother me is when Miles seems to be getting powers that in theory Peter Parker should be getting as well. Miles gets all these nifty powers that don't really make much sense, but if Peter gets organic web shooters fans have a problem with this.

Not really complaining about whether or not Peter has all these powers, but at Miles seems almost too good or too powerful. It makes me question why the people behind it are doing it especially with nowadays people make strong characters because they want to push an agenda.

Again, look at Star Wars Ep. 7/8 and Ghostbusters 2016 on this one. Oh well, not going to assume. Just hate powerful characters that are powerful for the sake of being powerful and too perfect. (This is unlike Saitama who is OP because the story supposed to show how overwhelming power makes life boring...and Superman who is more about moral choice rather than power struggles.)

Surprisingly to most, I don't see Superman as a Gary Stu. Sure he is very powerful, but he struggles in many ways that don't make him a Gary Stu.

So, Boruto's popularity is an illusion for the most part. This explains so much.

Also fun note: People tell me One-Punch Man is NOT a shonen, but a Seinen. I get why, but it's funny that while people make this claim I see Shonen Jump written all across the volumes and in the back promotes several shonen manga like Boruto and My Hero Academia.

Just saying, OPM seems to be a shonen in everything, but name.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#26899 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 06:45 PM

Surprisingly to most, I don't see Superman as a Gary Stu. Sure he is very powerful, but he struggles in many ways that don't make him a Gary Stu.

A lot of people just don't get Superman, in my opinion, and don't want to get him in the same way the world has had a hard time moving past Superfriends era Aquaman, despite most of the people making the "talk to fishes" jokes having never been alive when that show was running or even seeing it outside of maybe a meme or two.

bd5.jpg

#26900 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 06:54 PM

A lot of people just don't get Superman, in my opinion, and don't want to get him in the same way the world has had a hard time moving past Superfriends era Aquaman, despite most of the people making the "talk to fishes" jokes having never been alive when that show was running or even seeing it outside of maybe a meme or two.

You just reminded me of Linkara.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)