#49761 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:57 PM

Easy ways to fix Naruto's hypocrisy:

#1. DON'T make him the 4th Hokage's son. A popular idea at the time we were all speculating, but a terrible idea in hindsight. If Naruto is gonna rise to the top through hard work, no notions about his lineage should ever come into the picture. The 4th could've given him the kyuubi as a means of saving a newly orphaned baby who was on the verge of dying as a result of getting caught in the crossfire during the kyuubi's attack. Not only would this solution fix Naruto's hypocrisy, but it would lend credence to why the village hated him and why no ninja has ever stopped to say "Hey, aren't you the 4th Hokage's son?" In a fixed version of the story, Naruto's parents are nobodies who died during the kyuubi's attack.

2. Give a better answer for why he has huge chakra reserves. None of this stuff about Uzumakis just having lots of chakra. Instead, Naruto naturally grew such big reserves over time as a result of having to suppress the kyuubi every day. Through his hard work, he became strong. Simple concept.

3. DON'T give him Sage of Six Paths Mode. His one and only power-up should have been sage mode. Make him win fights through clever use of ninjutsu (which should always be possible thanks to the unlimited number of uses shadow clones should provide) and his sheer unpredictability as a knuckle head ninja.

4. None of this crap about only loving Sakura due to his rivalry with Sasuke.

4. Only existed due to the last. 3. Completely agree with if they wanted to just be a cycle of conflict its fine, but once they made it an "actual" reincarnation conflict; the story went off the rails.

The problem with 1. Is that it really isn't explored then that it exist. Did all the adults even know that Naruto was the 4th's son, or did that even matter to them because as far as they were concern he could turn fox at any minute? All the questions of how Naruto was raised when he was young?

2. Could also be solved by exploring the Uzumaki clan instead of just focusing on the uchiha's for the entirety of part two.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 11 October 2018 - 10:10 PM.

#49762 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:11 PM

3 and 4 I agree. 1 and 2 will not work because that will make Naruto very, very bland as a main character to audiences. For #1, pulling that will still have the audiences questioning about Naruto's lineage. Having a leader taking a random baby to seal a demon inside that said baby without the parents' consent, regardless whether they are dead or alive, is a terrible idea to process.

As for #2, I just left it alone. Obviously that was Masashi and Yahagi's fault for not explaining more about the Uzumakis while going on with "All My Sasuke" before the other editors went full force with it.

In regards to #1, if the author is going to make the point that anybody can rise to the top through hard work and that Neji is wrong about having to be born into the right family and whatnot, Naruto needs to come from nothing and the author needs to avoid ever making Naruto's lineage an issue. As to how Kishi could have gone about doing this: After a long and gruesome battle against the kyuubi, the 4th is just about dead. He sees a dying baby over yonder, realizes that its parents are dead and that its dying as a result of the collateral damage from his fight with the kyuubi. Seeing no other options, realizing that the kyuubi needs to be sealed and making one final act as the Hokage, he transfers the kyuubi into the baby. 

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#49763 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:58 AM

Never have there been a more fitting YouTube video title...

509356167_759751.gif?4

#49764 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 12:39 AM

Naruto is a piece of kitten because of SP, not because his dad was Minato. There would have been nothing wrong with his dad being Minato if Hinata had been thrown down a bottomless pit.

Yeah, I liked that revelation about Naruto being the 4th's son because Kushina and Minato were great. The only problem I had with it was that it felt like an insert later on because the way people treated him at first. Despite being an orphan and having the nine-tailed fox, you think him being the son of the 4th would have had people treating him differently that how it was depicted early on. Also, the whole nine-tails thing seemed of little importance to the village even though didn't it show that other holders were treated in much higher regard in their villages? I don't know. I think Kishi played a hand for coming up with some of these big ideas later on when they should have been established earlier.

Edited by jak123, 13 October 2018 - 12:41 AM.

#49765 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 01:27 AM

Yeah, I liked that revelation about Naruto being the 4th's son because Kushina and Minato were great. The only problem I had with it was that it felt like an insert later on because the way people treated him at first. Despite being an orphan and having the nine-tailed fox, you think him being the son of the 4th would have had people treating him differently that how it was depicted early on. Also, the whole nine-tails thing seemed of little importance to the village even though didn't it show that other holders were treated in much higher regard in their villages? I don't know. I think Kishi played a hand for coming up with some of these big ideas later on when they should have been established earlier.

Gaara was feared and hated. Killer Bee's predecessor made it seem like the Hachibi jinchuuriki was respected, but also feared, and as a result lived an isolated life. Water and Stone got basically no exposition at all in that regard. I don't think it was Kishi's intention that Naruto's situation was at all unique in terms of how he was treated.

#49766 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 02:21 AM

Gaara was feared and hated. Killer Bee's predecessor made it seem like the Hachibi jinchuuriki was respected, but also feared, and as a result lived an isolated life. Water and Stone got basically no exposition at all in that regard. I don't think it was Kishi's intention that Naruto's situation was at all unique in terms of how he was treated.

Oh yeah, Gaara, I forgot about him. Doh. XD

#49767 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 08:13 AM

Oh yeah, Gaara, I forgot about him. Doh. XD

Naruto having a miserable life was pointless. It would have been good if he ended up being happy with Sakura, but he didn't. He's just a miserable f***. And that's lame and boring.

#49768 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 04:40 PM

Easy ways to fix Naruto's hypocrisy:

#1. DON'T make him the 4th Hokage's son. A popular idea at the time we were all speculating, but a terrible idea in hindsight. If Naruto is gonna rise to the top through hard work, no notions about his lineage should ever come into the picture. The 4th could've given him the kyuubi as a means of saving a newly orphaned baby who was on the verge of dying as a result of getting caught in the crossfire during the kyuubi's attack. Not only would this solution fix Naruto's hypocrisy, but it would lend credence to why the village hated him and why no ninja has ever stopped to say "Hey, aren't you the 4th Hokage's son?" In a fixed version of the story, Naruto's parents are nobodies who died during the kyuubi's attack.

2. Give a better answer for why he has huge chakra reserves. None of this stuff about Uzumakis just having lots of chakra. Instead, Naruto naturally grew such big reserves over time as a result of having to suppress the kyuubi every day. Through his hard work, he became strong. Simple concept.

3. DON'T give him Sage of Six Paths Mode. His one and only powerup should have been sage mode. Make him win fights through clever use of ninjutsu (which should always be possible thanks to the unlimited number of uses shadowclones should provide) and his sheer unpredictability as a knuckle head ninja.

4. None of this crap about only loving Sakura due to his rivalry with Sasuke.

Love your ideas. 

#1. I always felt like they gave away Naruto's THREE secrets too easily. First that Minato was his father. Second, that Kushina was his mother. Third, that he had the kyuubi sealed into him. All three were obscured, yet somehow everyone knows about it, and they treat Naruto like trash anyway. None of this ever made sense to me. Naruto should have been just another war orphan like Sai. A nobody. Not because of a huuuge secret though, but because only a few people knew Minato and Kushina had a thing. And then only a few other people knew Kushina was pregnant. And then, only a very few other people knew about the kyuubi and Minato's ability to seal it into someone. (Those people would be Jiraiya, Tsunade, Kakashi and probably Danzo and the elders. Anyone else who knew (like Itachi) would have had to discover it through nefarious means.) Then Naruto's birth, seal, and subsequent abandonment by the village becomes much less of a plot hole.

#2. Chakra reserves - Uzumaki backstory is so desperately needed here. I wish there was a Mina/Kushi gaiden. could have been explained there!

#3 - Yes, yes, yes - you're exactly right. His skills should totally support his knuckle-head ninja standing!

#4 - yes - that was a bunch of crap.

4. Only existed due to the last. 3. Completely agree with if they wanted to just be a cycle of conflict its fine, but once they made it an "actual" reincarnation conflict; the story went off the rails.

The problem with 1. Is that it really isn't explored then that it exist. Did all the adults even know that Naruto was the 4th's son, or did that even matter to them because as far as they were concern he could turn fox at any minute? All the questions of how Naruto was raised when he was young?

2. Could also be solved by exploring the Uzumaki clan instead of just focusing on the uchiha's for the entirety of part two.

Yes, exactly. The immense chakra reserves thing is RIGHT THERE in the story: in Nagato, in Karin and in Kushina. All they had to do was develop it just a tiny bit to justify Naruto's giant reserves. After all the time spent on the Uchihas back story, it would have been so simple to have developed the Uzumaki line just a little bit. But nope.

In regards to #1, if the author is going to make the point that anybody can rise to the top through hard work and that Neji is wrong about having to be born into the right family and whatnot, Naruto needs to come from nothing and the author needs to avoid ever making Naruto's lineage an issue. As to how Kishi could have gone about doing this: After a long and gruesome battle against the kyuubi, the 4th is just about dead. He sees a dying baby over yonder, realizes that its parents are dead and that its dying as a result of the collateral damage from his fight with the kyuubi. Seeing no other options, realizing that the kyuubi needs to be sealed and making one final act as the Hokage, he transfers the kyuubi into the baby. 

Yes - that could totally work. Naruto is literally a war orphan with some exceptional properties. That would work out great. I have a rough outline for a fix where Danzo raises Naruto (like Sai), and Naruto's parentage is not a part of the story. Doesn't need to be. So yeah, that solves that whole problem. The reasons why they hid the facts of Naruto's birth parents/situation, from himself and the village, becomes a much bigger problem for the plot because Kishimoto did not go back and develop it.

In my other big fic, A Voice in the Wind, I tackle this as well. In my story, Konoha decides to completely hide Naruto's name, identity even existence. The fact that he was the jinchuriki was only known by one or two people. And most of the village had no idea what it even meant. Only elite nins from hidden villages or most prestigious clans knew what a jinchuriki was or how it was contained. So instead, Konoha broadcast someone else as their 'chosen one'...Sasuke.

FanFic spoilers...since it pertains to all this

There is so much in Naruto that is lacking: backstories of Minato and Kushina and their clans; the jinchurikis and their backgrounds; the bijuu and how they came to be. So much of the focus is on Sasuke and the Uchihas, unfortunately. So it's left to the realm of fanfic to explore all that.

#49769 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:17 PM

*Person* So what can you tell me about the Uchiha Clan?

*Kishi spends 6 hours explaining every minute detail*

*Person* What about the Senju or Uzumaki?

*Kishi* ....distantly related...special chakra...

*Person* "Special" how?

*Kishi* Ummm...from the Rikudo Sennin.

*Person* But Naruto is supposed to be no one who gets to where he is through hard work.

*Kishi* ....because he's the Child of Prophecy.

*Person* But Naruto always dismissed fate and destiny to force his own path.

*Kishi* .........ah, that reminds me! The Uchiha....

*Person*  -_-

2e5.gif

#49770 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 03:51 PM

I keep thinking that the problem isn't fully about Naruto being Minato and Kushina's son or being a Jinchuriki, considering that he still for a while had to work hard to be able to do some things, it was just how it was handled, since the concepts are solid, it just was done by piss-poor writing, just like nothing done with the Senju and Uzumaki clans or some of the others. And that also takes me to some relevance to my fanfic and what I was thinking.

The idea I had is that for the Senju and Uzumaki clans is that they are descendants of Hagoromo and Hamura, similar to the Uchiha and Hyuga clans, but there were differences, like with many other clans that descended from the brothers. With the Uzumaki clan, besides their chakra having incredible power that could make them excellent hosts for Biju since they could survive for some time after said Biju is removed, their longevity, and their Sealing Jutsu abilities, the Uzumaki clan also was known for their tenacity in many of them, as well as their ability to grow stronger through harder situations, which can be a way to explain how Naruto is able to do some of the things he has done without Kurama's chakra, but with HIS own power, like how he was motivated by Sasuke's words during his fight with Gaara and unleashed a massive Multi Shadow Clone Jutsu, same with fighting Mizuki, and the work he put into learning it in a few hours after reading the scroll he got tricked into stealing. Plus they had been able to do things because of their sealing Jutsu and tenacity that made people fear them, such as the stuff with the Grim Reaper from the Reaper Death Seal Jutsu.

With the Senju clan, they'd have picked up Wood-Style Jutsu, even if that also was super rare among them, as well as a connection to nature that was very strong, and also having strong knowledge about Jinchuriki and Biju. But the Senju were also most formidable because of the fact they would be able to learning impressive healing Jutsu they developed, something to pass onto Tsunade, given her being such a skilled medical ninja.

As for the distant bonds for the Senju and Uzumaki, I'd say it would stem from their first ancestors in order to make things make sense in the long run too, and that their abilities could co-mingle to make something stronger in the end.

Another aspect I'm gonna lose is the reincarnation schtick for Naruto and Sasuke. Instead, I was gonna say the two of them are descendants of Asura and Indra, with Naruto being more distant to explain why he wasn't as talented and such, and while Indra would be more directly related to Sasuke, and by proxy, Madara would be related to Sasuke too, being like his great-great-grandfather or something.

I also was thinking more to things with Tobirama and his issues with the Uchiha clan. I was thinking story-wise it wasn't just fear alone that motivated him with his actions about the Uchiha potentially having someone take Madara's place, it also was a sense of hate because of the people he lost to them from his family, without thinking about how Hashirama wanted to try to make things better between them so no children would have to war anymore. I also wanted to think his paranoia, hate, and fear are what led to the current ninja system because he felt the world needed to be prepared for war, only spreading more and more to how things become.

Gonna also ditch the child of prophecy part, saying that someone would make a HUGE difference in the ninja world, but neither Hagoromo or Gamamaru would know who that child was, only Gamamaru feeling Jiraiya would be someone who would have an influence on that child. Which is why kitten got nuts when it also came to Nagato on top of Naruto.

There is a lot of stuff from the series' canon I want to tweak and work with to make Naruto: The Demon Within feel like something more appropriate in its own ways. There's some aspects I did like from the canon of the manga, I just feel they could have been handled so much better to fit into the narrative of things.

#49771 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 04:59 PM

Yessss!!! Bryon, I love reading about your story ideas. So many things I agree with about so many things that went wrong with the manga. The child of prophecy thing being a perfect example. It brought nothing to the plot in the end. So why even have it?! And a big yes to your background with the Senju and Uzumaki, and the Tobirama background. All of that is just right for being written about, since it was in the story but never explored! But that's what fanfic is for, right?  :smile:

#49772 Riverkid

Riverkid

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 09:31 PM

*Person* So what can you tell me about the Uchiha Clan?

*Kishi spends 6 hours explaining every minute detail*

I can understand the intention here to a certain extend. You got some important characters (Madara, Itachi, Obito, Sasuke) with each of them having a big role in the story. So trying to cover up their background-story + including the needed details about their special sharingan = requiers a large spectrum of narrative information. The problem is that kishimoto felt the need to extend/fill these informations with more and more unnecessary content. Many of them don't even make sense.

For example:

You got the tension between the Uchiha-Clan and the rest of Konoha. It was so much boiled up that the elders feared a upcoming civil-war. The rumor that the Nine-tailed attack was planned by an uchiha (it was known that uchihas can gain the ability to control the beasts) was also adding more pressure to that tension. The Uchiha-clan received almost no sympathy (few exceptions like the 3rd Hokage). So i dont understand the love/praise for sasuke, since he was the brother of the guy who did the massacre. 

How can they say "Get away from that demon-brat, he can kill us all one day", but they dont come to the conlusion "Throw that Red-Eye out, he will follow the footstep of his brother and repeat the massacre in konoha.. the Uchihas are crazy"

Sasuke being the 'prodigy' doesnt make sense either since he was always in the shadow of his brother who achieved much more at his age. Its like "sad, the talented Uchiha-Guy isn't around anymore... wait.. he got a brother! he must be a prodigy too then!!"

The are logical errors in the way kishimoto tried to combine his pieces regarding the uchiha-clan.

But hey, Kishimoto would likely say "He got much praise and attention because they felt pity for him after the massacre" (sitting next to him: Naruto, in disbelief).

I agree with the fact that having Naruto as the son of the 4th Hokage/Kushina is a nice and great thing, i'm not a fan of the revelation though. it was so unstatisfying to see the revelation. There will never be a time, where i think that reviving a dead-character for a short amount of time is a good thing. You take away so much of the effect. 

You never saw Minato. You only had a glimpse of him from stories, told by some villagers/elders. He was known to be a killer, a century-talent, a hero who could stand 1-on-1 against the strongest tailed-beast and a guy so strong that all the enemies wanted his head to roll down. You can make up your own impression of him. Personally for me i thought of him as a bad-ass guy with serious priorities as a hokage. And then you 

see him in the next panel "Hey Naruto, im your father" with a soft-hearted pesonality. It just destroyed my impression and i was left with disappointment.

Also Afterwards, Narutos reaction infront of Kakashi ??? I mean standing infront of him was porpably the last person alive who knew the most about his father.. and he didn't ask a single damn thing.

"How was my Father?"

- Kishimoto: "I think that doesn't sound like a logical question to ask"

"Did u know my mother too? what was her name?"

- Kishimoto: "Should Naruto know at this point that he came out of a Woman, called "mother"?"

----[Start of the Conversation about Narutos Father]----
Kakashi: "What did your father say?"
Naruto: "That he is proud of me!"

----[End of the Conversation about Narutos Father]----

- Kishimoto: "Perfect! im such a masterpiece author"

My ideal vision back in the days was having Naruto fighting in some kind of war-scenario, taking out enemies who got revived by edo-tensei until he faces the 4th Hokage who looks similiar too him. Naruto facing his father for the first time, on the battlefield as a opponent. He doesnt even have to know beforehand that the dead-man before him was his father, just the similarity should alrdy point it out, forcing him to feel uncertain through the fight against him. And afterwards confronting kakashi with the question "was the 4th Hokage my father?" with a dead-serious expression. Imagine the tension as a viewer if you see the 4th Hokage for the same time, and he just looks like to be the father.. and he has to fight him right now. that kitten would have gotten me hyped up.

Of course with the fact that revived people shouldn't have any soul left or being able to talk.

I keep thinking that the problem isn't fully about Naruto being Minato and Kushina's son or being a Jinchuriki, considering that he still for a while had to work hard to be able to do some things, it was just how it was handled, since the concepts are solid, it just was done by piss-poor writing, just like nothing done with the Senju and Uzumaki clans or some of the others. And that also takes me to some relevance to my fanfic and what I was thinking.

I agree with many of your following points, and i also really do like your ideas and thoughts-process behind your concepts to fix issues. But i think the issue wasn't "doing them in a poor way" but more "having them taking such a big role in the first place".

Thats mainly because im not really interested in the clan-stories, and i think they shouldn't take such a big role in the plot. 

It doesnt matter how much u try to fix these background-stories, it still leads to the same problem: Konoha got all the important history-interfaces and the other villages are meaningless. The source of every big event lies in konoha. they have the strongest shinobis, the strongest clans, they got the re-incarnation of X and Y. they got everything.

There are other villages, there are other clans and other characters lack so much depth, and primary because Kishimoto focused to much on konoha, specific clans (uchiha) and the history. I wanted to see Naruto growing up from Zero to Hero, in a World filled with interesting and detailed characters/places/styles/villages etc. i dont want to go through 30%-Screen-Time-History-Class in the last Arcs on how interesting the build-up of konoha and their clans was. 

i would welcome more details on other parts of the story, rather than having a fixed history/clan background. 

because you don't need it.

Naruto doesn't need a big chakra pool. I dont want to see him making 1000 clones who fight like fresh-up genins without any use of brain, or him throwing flashy jutsus just to miss 80% of them. 4-5 clones with a smart-use is enough (like in Part-1). I mean Sasuke has the same chakra-pool as him, litteraly. There was never a hint of Sasuke having less chakra than Naruto.. he could always keep up with him without a tailed beast or being a uzumaki-member.

Hyuga-Clan doesnt need such a OP-eyepower. they can just have their own martial-art style with the focus to hit the choke-points of the human body and a good chakra-control to force all their power into their hands. 

The uchihas can also just have their own style of training where they read the body-language to read enemy movements and react/counter them in addition having fire/lighting style jutsus. 

Etc. etc.

all in all u still have unique clans without digging so DEEP in the history to explain their source. And you can have this cute love-story between Naruto and Sakura, both having 0 Clan-Bonus and just trying to achieve their goals just with amibition and hard work. 

EDIT:

but thats only my preferred view of course, everyone got their own preferences and ideas on how to improve the story

Edited by Riverkid, 19 October 2018 - 09:38 PM.

#49773 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 03:15 AM

/\Really like the idea of Naruto seeing/meeting his father for the first time on the battlefield. I don't remember seeing it anywhere, in fanfic or anything, before.Definitely sets up some good scenarios and interactions.

I agree with the idea of not resurrecting people. At least not to interact and do battle again. I don't mind the falshbacks, but the way the whole battlefield stuff with every old ghost coming back just felt like a big gimmick to boost readership. Instead of having to actualy create new characters and storyline for the last big arc.

Lastly, yeah, so much focus was solely on Konoha, and then later on the Uchihas. The Narutoverse is a big big world, but instead of the plot expanding over time to explore that world, the story just funneled down to the Uchiha clan in the end. 

#49774 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 06:32 AM

I agree with the idea of not resurrecting people. At least not to interact and do battle again. I don't mind the falshbacks, but the way the whole battlefield stuff with every old ghost coming back just felt like a big gimmick to boost readership. Instead of having to actualy create new characters and storyline for the last big arc.

I know that I wanted to do something like that, but I also don't want to do it like what the war arc did. The idea I had thought about with that is after Orochimaru gets a HUGE power boost at the cost of his humanity basically, he uses the Summoning Jutsu: Reanimation, along with the powers of the demon god he has gained, and brings back some people, but mostly big powerhouses from the Leaf instead of a massive army, and that it is done to also allow some interactions since I am ditching the whole Fourth Ninja World War arc and all of that, since I am doing Madara differently to where it is him all along without needing it to have Obito be back to be his Darth Vader to his Emperor Palpatine or his Kylo Ren to his Supreme Leader Snoke.

As for stuff like Rasa telling Gaara the truth, I wanted to do it in that Gaara finds a letter sometime after he becomes Kazekage, and that he reads it, with Rasa explaining his failures as a father and how he knows Gaara was loved, and that he hopes he has been able to find something of peace, and that he will forgive him in the next world.

As for what I was getting at with Madara, without using Obito, the idea of it in The Demon Within is that rather than Black Zetsu being some random creation of Kaguya's, Madara has created him when he made White Zetsu as yin and yang, and that after his battle with Hashirama, he was weakened more considerably after he used Izanagi, and that while he did his work, he had been dying, and refusing to die, he ended up using what he had learned to make himself a new body, BUT it wasn't strong enough to withstand his full power, so he's needed other Sharingan to supplant his inability to use his original Sharingan, complete with Rinnegan.

The idea I also had is Madara wouldn't be sympathetic, but that he basically slowly, deeply became evil itself after he had awakened the Mangekyo Sharingan, and feeling he was a god among men. But when Izuna was wounded by Tobirama, and wanted Madara to reach an olive branch to the Senju, Madara snapped at how his brother could say that after what the Senju did to their family, and so he killed him, taking his eyes and awakening the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan, driven to basically become the god of a new world of his own making.

I would compare what I am gonna do with Madara in The Demon Within to Wesker from Resident Evil; he basically thinks himself as a god due to his powers and adding to his being a direct descendant of Indra's in the process, that he will do whatever it takes to achieve his goals, even if it means making others bow before him by force. He basically is just getting a lot of his ideas from comic books and his own madness due to his lust of power, but he owns all of what he does. He also would be only using the Akatsuki until their usefulness ends, and thus brings forth his true followers, kind of like what history has said about Hitler when he started with the SA, then replaced them with the SS.

I also explain story-wise that the Rinnegan is only awakened in a small amount of people who have blood tied to Hagoromo or Hamura (mostly Hagoromo), and that it is due to extreme emotion such as rage and fear that trigger it, but even then someone with it may not be able to completely control its powers since it is essentially becoming one with all of ninjutsu/ninshu. It also would be how Nagato has the Rinnegan as well, that as a part of the Uzumaki clan, his chakra allowed him to awaken it from the stress, fear, and rage of seeing his parents die awoke the Rinnegan in him.

I'm still hashing the deets out, but I got some good ideas for sure.

#49775 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 11:27 AM

I have this theory that Sakura is actually from the Uzumaki clan but extremely distantly related. Only thing have to go on is Sakura learning Tsunade moveset faster than average and her hair. Her father's hair is almost kinda red but darker. I wonder if it's something they had planned for her.

#49776 Riverkid

Riverkid

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 03:09 PM

/\Really like the idea of Naruto seeing/meeting his father for the first time on the battlefield. I don't remember seeing it anywhere, in fanfic or anything, before.Definitely sets up some good scenarios and interactions.

Sadly im not a writer, otherwise there would be a fanfic with that scenario.

I would start my Story around the time where Naruto is 18 years old and is heading back to Konoha for the first time, after Jiraiya took him out of the village to a better/hidden place, providing him a healthy/safe development regarding his status as a jinchuriki (i dislike the idea of Naruto being kept in the village after the destruction of the tailed beast, it just builds up tension from the villagers - and i think Jiraiya is the best Person to do that -> he knows his father, he is one of the strongest shinobis who can protect him and knows stuff about seals/jinchurikis). The reason of him heading back is because of the deal he made with Jiraiya, that he hast to go back if Jiraiya has fallen in the battle or manages to dies. (he can't walk around alone with the treath of akatsuki out there, and the gap of 18 years should have calmed the villagers a bit down) he would arrive in Konoha, basically as a stranger.. maybe due to the fact that only the 3rd Hokage knew the location of them, and after tsunade took over they both were suspected to be missed/dead. Slowly and surely he would try to integrate himself in the village, and meet the other konoha-nins for the first time. While he build up new relationships to give himself a new purpose in life after the death of jiraiya, some people slowy suspect him to be the lost jinchuriki which will open up old scars. ... and so on... 

#49777 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 06:01 PM

Sadly im not a writer, otherwise there would be a fanfic with that scenario.

I would start my Story around the time where Naruto is 18 years old and is heading back to Konoha for the first time, after Jiraiya took him out of the village to a better/hidden place, providing him a healthy/safe development regarding his status as a jinchuriki (i dislike the idea of Naruto being kept in the village after the destruction of the tailed beast, it just builds up tension from the villagers - and i think Jiraiya is the best Person to do that -> he knows his father, he is one of the strongest shinobis who can protect him and knows stuff about seals/jinchurikis). The reason of him heading back is because of the deal he made with Jiraiya, that he hast to go back if Jiraiya has fallen in the battle or manages to dies. (he can't walk around alone with the treath of akatsuki out there, and the gap of 18 years should have calmed the villagers a bit down) he would arrive in Konoha, basically as a stranger.. maybe due to the fact that only the 3rd Hokage knew the location of them, and after tsunade took over they both were suspected to be missed/dead. Slowly and surely he would try to integrate himself in the village, and meet the other konoha-nins for the first time. While he build up new relationships to give himself a new purpose in life after the death of jiraiya, some people slowy suspect him to be the lost jinchuriki which will open up old scars. ... and so on... 

Wasn't Naruto only like 14 or 15 when he came back originally?

#49778 Riverkid

Riverkid

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 04:53 PM

Wasn't Naruto only like 14 or 15 when he came back originally?

I think it was 15, or even 16? I'm not sure. I would just prefer him being a bit more older/mature

#49779 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 21 October 2018 - 10:48 PM

I think it was 15, or even 16? I'm not sure. I would just prefer him being a bit more older/mature

he was 15,  turned 16 somepoint during shippuden, 17 during the end of the war arc.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#49780 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 01:22 AM

he was 15,  turned 16 somepoint during shippuden, 17 during the end of the war arc.

Yep, since Jiraiya said the Akatsuki would be waiting 2 to 3 years to execute their plans.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users