KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:39 AM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Jul 21 2010, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guess that means he isn't canon sue after all eh Truffle.

Even a genius can be lost in a stressful situation, but Minato has a reason, it's being played out. We all know Kyuubi killed more people so what's the point in showing these three.

You're right, he's not a Sue. He's just as hateworthy as one.

Yes, a genius can lose focus in a difficult situation. But that's why I'm so ticked: He had time to think, and he wasn't in the middle of a fight like we all thought. He'd already won. From the very first chapter, we were told that the Kyuubi had to be sealed in Naruto because it was the only way. It wasn't. Kushina even gave him a different option. He chose to commit suicide.
He's the worst genius ever.

#42 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:44 AM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ Jul 21 2010, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^Minato's chakra faded away, right? Doesn't that mean he's going to Shinobi Heaven? =O

Idk if that was him going to shinobi heaven or back into the reaper's stomach. But for me to rest easy, I'll say he went to the ninja village in the sky.

#43 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:59 AM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Jul 21 2010, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1) Iruka's parents are a connection and focal point for his character to relate to Narutos.
2) Kurenai's dad, I guess it was just foreshadowing but I have no clue why they chose to include him.

The same reason Iruka's parents were. Kurenai's father sacrifices himself to protect the future, including his daughter, future son-in-law, and their baby. (also probably to show readers that he hasn't forgotten about Kurenai being pregnant wink.gif
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#44 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:17 AM

QUOTE (Kodachi Claws @ Jul 22 2010, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At a glance, it seems like a stupid decision, but Kishimoto himself stated the Tailed Beasts cannot die
I especially loved the cover art, with Kushina's hair sticking out like nine-tails tongue.gif

Where did he say that?? in the databooks or what?? link plz... Oh, and if Kurenai's father died that night, I can see the anime having him say before he goes to face Kyuubi: "Asuma, I'll be counting on you" and out of all the kids with Kakashi that night, I'm betting Tenzou was the one that was most pissed about it because other than Minato, he was the only one who could face Kyuubi.

Edited by Newkerz, 22 July 2010 - 05:18 AM.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#45 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:28 AM

I wasn't expecting this chapter to be good, but it was. I was sitting here expecting it to be like the other flashback chapters kind of boring. I loved the Iruka insert since I still like him. Besides that on page 9 I think that should bee Kyuubis catchphrase...GRAWHOO

Edited by Muffins?, 22 July 2010 - 05:31 AM.

JLHza2T.png

#46 narukunsakuchan

narukunsakuchan

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:30 AM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Jul 21 2010, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where did he say that?? in the databooks or what?? link plz... Oh, and if Kurenai's father died that night, I can see the anime having him say before he goes to face Kyuubi: "Asuma, I'll be counting on you" and out of all the kids with Kakashi that night, I'm betting Tenzou was the one that was most pissed about it because other than Minato, he was the only one who could face Kyuubi.

you do realize tenzo is younger than kakashi and at that point in time was probably being expermented on with no idea what was going on right?
He is her earth, her foundation upon which to grow, and she is his heaven, his peace and tranquilty and also his reason to shoot for the stars.

#47 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:48 AM

Yeah, but if I remember correctly, according to the databook, he's not that much younger than Kakashi. I'm pretty sure he was in that group of kids in the forest.

248793.jpg

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#48 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:58 AM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Jul 21 2010, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't have a link to give you, but I remember reading it a LONG time ago in Viz's Shonen Jump, back when Naruto was still fairly new in America. He explained that the Kyuubi couldn't be killed, so they had to seal it. Maybe you could google it, but otherwise you're just going to have to take my word on it, that Minato had to seal Kyuubi one way or another in order to stop Madara.

#49 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Jul 22 2010, 01:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, but if I remember correctly, according to the databook, he's not that much younger than Kakashi. I'm pretty sure he was in that group of kids in the forest.

If he was he was probably about the shortest one- he was just 10 years old. However, he became a Chunnin (probably late) in his 6th year, having become a Genin early in his 6th year.

Might be fun to see how many of characters we can pick out from that group- there's several other characters that are in that age range- Shizune 15, Anko 12, Ebisu 16, Izumo 12, Raido 19, Kotetsu 12, Ibiki 15, Aoba 18, Genma 17, Iwashi 11, Hayate 11, Suzumi 18

Yugao was only 9 so rather likely too young to be in that group. Did anyone see any character in that group that looked like Rin?
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#50 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:18 AM

Anyone else notice Iruka's scar wasn't fresh?

Yea, just wanted to point out cause I roll like that.

#51 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Jul 22 2010, 03:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's it? That's the big origin story? Man, what a freakin' letdown. Minato is hardly the genius he was heralded as, and the Kyuubi seemed rather pathetic, as well. I mean, it seems like it killed all of three people, those three being Iruka's parents, and Kurenai's father.

Even worse to me, Minato could have lived, but chose to die. Sealing the Kyuubi in Naruto wasn't his only option. I really don't like that man.

He manged to destroy Madara's arm, upto this point no one else has managed to harm him, not even when Itach planted the Ameretsu in Sasuke's eye did as much damage, The bloke just became a father, his wife is dying, and the villagers he's sworn to protect are being attacked by the beast that was sealed inside his wife just moments ago. The fact with all that on his head he managed to divert one of Kyuubi's attacks, attack Madara and teleport the Kyuubi along with his blast away from the village shows how powerful he was.

He also figured out who the Masked man was and the potential threat he would be in the future, this all proves he is a true genius.

Minato could not have lived, he knew from Jiaraya's warnings and seeing this man he had to seal the Kyuubi in his son to give him the power needed to win the war which without the power the world woud pretty much be destroyed.

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Jul 22 2010, 03:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But Kushina was planning to kill it by sealing it inside her.... that would've made Madara say bye-bye to his plans.

No Kushina sealing it in her and dying would have been a temperory fix, Kushina said he'd be dealt with for a while, but he'd come back later on, somehow. Minato did what he did because he knew that power would be needed and he trusted his son would be a vital key to the lives of thousands of people, also would mess up the balance somehow so who knows what disaster messing with the balance would do.

What I'm surprised about is half of the Kyuubi's power is sealed away yet it still kicks the other beasts butts, how powerful was the Kyuubi full strength?

iAnby7W.gif

#52 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:09 AM

Such a great chapter, really broke my heart to see Minato cry, its just hard to watch them fight so hard and still both die in the end, guess we knew it was coming though.

I'm guessing that when Naruto has the kyuubi sealed inside him, all the villagers will want to kill him only to be stopped by the third who will then set the law down for Naruto.

#53 josh32

josh32

same with Ichigo

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video Games, Random sword &amp; gun fights with my brother, FF VII: ACC, Dead Fantasy

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:49 AM

Well seeing as how everyone one has commented on everything in this chapter I will comment about the Jump cover itself specifically the new movie pics:

Naruto 503 - 01

wow.png
Anyone else excited?
I'm excited.

[Inserts Back to the Future theme]

#54 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:55 AM

I know the fourth shippuden movie is going to be the best movie of the shippuden series I just know it. But anyway as for the chapter I believe the flashback will end in one more chapter 504 to be exact, I just know Naruto is going to be crying when he's done listening to the story.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#55 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jul 22 2010, 04:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The same reason Iruka's parents were. Kurenai's father sacrifices himself to protect the future, including his daughter, future son-in-law, and their baby. (also probably to show readers that he hasn't forgotten about Kurenai being pregnant wink.gif

Seeesh i thought it would have been like Bonnie from family guy...8 years pregnant.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#56 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:28 PM

I wanna cry so badly, I almost burst into tears when seeing the MinaKushi scene... shamefulcry0js.gif

Damn that Madara! YOU RUIN NARUTO'S FAMILY LIFE!!! rawr.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#57 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:42 PM

I think we just founded a big a** plot hole guys, just think about it, in the begining of the series the fox said to Naruto that he couldn't allow him to die, otherwise, he would die as well, and now, Minato state that the kyuubi will only be stopped for a few time if he is inside of Kushina when she dies. I think Kishimoto have a big continuity error here.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#58 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:57 PM

This chapter makes me think how much of an ass I've been to my mother/father. shamefulcry0js.gif Does anyone else feel the same way??

248793.jpg

#59 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Jul 22 2010, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're right, he's not a Sue. He's just as hateworthy as one.

Yes, a genius can lose focus in a difficult situation. But that's why I'm so ticked: He had time to think, and he wasn't in the middle of a fight like we all thought. He'd already won. From the very first chapter, we were told that the Kyuubi had to be sealed in Naruto because it was the only way. It wasn't. Kushina even gave him a different option. He chose to commit suicide.
He's the worst genius ever.

Depends on your definition of genius.

Itachi was touted to be a genius and we all know what brillant plan he came up with rolleyes.gif
Sasuke was also claimed to be a genius, but he's too blind to even really see what's truly in front of him.

Then there's Kakashi and Sandaime who both are genius' in their own rights. They both sacrificed themselves to ensure the future for Konoha and those who will carry on the "Will of Fire." Minato did the same thing, only giving something more to his son and letting Naruto be the one to carry on their wills.

So I think it's really all a matter of perspective on how you view things. You say that he committed suicide, I think he made a sacrifice. Just as Sandaime and Kakashi had done in the past.
End of line.

#60 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Jul 22 2010, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think we just founded a big a** plot hole guys, just think about it, in the begining of the series the fox said to Naruto that he couldn't allow him to die, otherwise, he would die as well, and now, Minato state that the kyuubi will only be stopped for a few time if he is inside of Kushina when she dies. I think Kishimoto have a big continuity error here.

perhaps the kyuubi himself doesn't know. plus, the idea of regenerating himself isn't too fondling either

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users