144 replies to this topic

#21 soot-r

soot-r

Deva Path

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:42 AM

Good chapter. For a minute there a thought Madara was going to take the mask off.

#22 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (soot-r @ Jul 16 2010, 12:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good chapter. For a minute there a thought Madara was going to take the mask off.

haha yeah i know. though it's pretty good evidence we still don't know for sure now do we. We never got to hear an answer. And this fight is absolutely kickass! Why did we have to get such a short chapter..... arg.gif And haha, only Flying Thunder God Technique Level 2? Is there something better out there??? I wanna see! I do though expect to see Minato enter Sage Mode at some point (I'm almost 100% sure he could use it as well). I'm thinking he does defeat Madara or dismantles him into disappearing and arrives back in Konoha with just enough time to seal it. Remember he does arrive in Konoha late with Gamabunta.

#23 narukunsakuchan

narukunsakuchan

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:58 AM

Hmm good chapter, I was a bit confused that they were still adressing sarutobi as hokage, but I went back and reread that it was third hokage and I guess even if he is done he still has that title. Hmmm Im starting to think that a surprise rasenshuriken on Narutos part may do the trick to kill madara if that rasengan says anything
He is her earth, her foundation upon which to grow, and she is his heaven, his peace and tranquilty and also his reason to shoot for the stars.

#24 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:08 AM

Hmm... not sure what to think of this chapter, specifically the ending.

Either the ending is deceiving or it's a retcon, as Minato stated when he was talking to Naruto that the masked man read through everything he tried to do.
But, given that Rasengan is a OHKO, I won't be surprised if Madara uses a replacement technique or something. The fight surely isn't over.

#25 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:25 AM

Canon Sue- A "canon Sue" may refer to a character whose canon portrayal itself is seen as a "Mary Sue", rather than a character who has been altered in fan fiction. Typically, this refers to a character accused of being overly idealized or having other traits traditionally associated with fan fiction "Mary Sues", such as being "special" by having a gratuitously tragic past, unrealistic skills, or a seeming inability for the character to do wrong.

So by definition Kung Fu Truffle is right, however that still doesn't excuse him from being one of the best Naruto characters. He is still a total badass. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Insurrection, 16 July 2010 - 01:26 AM.

#26 StrawberryAcappella

StrawberryAcappella

If you can’t convince them, confuse them

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:A lot of fandom shiznit. I literally just read fanfiction and search the internet for fandom related things all day, even at school on my phone. My current love is Sherlock, but my long time love is Naruto. When im not doing what im supposed to im also practicing something musical~ because the classical variety of music making is tiresome...

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:29 AM

I love butt kicking, it just seemed so very short!
My Awesome Birthday Banner My friend Made me!!!!

#27 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:32 AM

Was Kishi reusing some old manga cells? There was the part when Minato Rasengan'd Madara and the part where they were about to clash, look very similar to previous scene, one being the Naruto entry during the Pain battle and the other being when the Shidori and Rasenga met recently after NAruto saved Sakura last second (parallel for which shown last week.)

Thought Minato was awesome, might seem too perfect but he has to be if he managed to make Hokage at such a young age, Besides he's not shown as that strong, so far he's used two moves, his time/space and Rasengan, both moves that we know there are better versions out there of, one the Madara's Time Space teleporting and the other Naruto completed form of Rasengan. Liked how they showed Minato used the Rasengan trick, it shows that maybe Naruto gets his on the fly planning from his father

I wonder if this is where Mada sustained the damage to his left arm?

So I wonder if the Uchiha were planning this coup before the Kyuubi incident? maybe thats why they had Itachi look after Sasuke, or it was simply a date or something, will be interting to see.

Anyone else find it odd how Shikuku called Minato by his name and not Hokage Sama? Is this hinting like Shika Jnr is friends with Naruto Minato was friends with Shikuku as well?

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Jul 16 2010, 02:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Canon Sue- A "canon Sue" may refer to a character whose canon portrayal itself is seen as a "Mary Sue", rather than a character who has been altered in fan fiction. Typically, this refers to a character accused of being overly idealized or having other traits traditionally associated with fan fiction "Mary Sues", such as being "special" by having a gratuitously tragic past, unrealistic skills, or a seeming inability for the character to do wrong.

So by definition Kung Fu Truffle is right, however that still doesn't excuse him from being one of the best Naruto characters. He is still a total badass. thumbsup.gif

Does that mean Sasuke is a Canon Sue? He was overly idealized, super strong, has a tragic past, and unrealisticly wrong?

Edited by harry4e, 16 July 2010 - 01:35 AM.

iAnby7W.gif

#28 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Jul 16 2010, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Liked how they showed Minato used the Rasengan trick, it shows that maybe Naruto gets his on the fly planning from his father

No, I think that comes from Kushina. Tsunade said Naruto has a similar fighting style to Kushina. So, it's likely that "strategies on the fly" planning comes from Kushina.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#29 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:46 AM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Jul 15 2010, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, he's a Sue. He's an unparalleled genius, loved by everyone, known throughout the entire world, feared by enemies that never met him, defeated pretty much the entirety of the Iwa ninja force during the war single handedly, and he died a tragic, heroic death. He even managed to bring himself back to life just in the nick of time to stop Naruto from destroying the village, and even though he was supposed to be running low on chakra, restored Naruto's Four Element Seal with a single hand twist. He's the very definition of Mary Sue.

He's not. He's an unparalleled genius because he just happens to be a genius. Being the Hokage helps to support that fact, since I hear they're very big on people being geniuses.

Also, I guess that means Einstein, Edison and Nietszche should have gotten the hell out of their series', those Mary Stu's. After all, it's not like people qualified for their positions were born that way or managed to work hard for it. And those are called 'plot points' or 'just in the nick of times'. The plot could have gone in another way, yes, but exposition needs to come sooner or later. Plus, he created the Seal himself as well as embedded himself inside of Naruto as a last resort. It's not just 'in the nick of time' there; he's the last guard of Naruto's subconscious, as he intended for it to be incase no one else could handle the Kyuubi's release. It's called 'being prepared'.

#30 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Jul 15 2010, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does that mean Sasuke is a Canon Sue? He was overly idealized, super strong, has a tragic past, and unrealisticly wrong?

Didn't he get all psycho though because the object he did wrong was I dunno, everything, I don't really care about the Cannon Sue arguement. The only reason I posted the definition is because I wasn't aware of the actual thing, I think all the characters have a form of imperfection. (Unless you talk to Studio Pierot wot.gif)

Minato's past is not really his in play here as much as Naruto's so this is Naruto's past as much as it is the story of Minato v. Madara. But if you ask Kushina, Minato was a Girly Boy so he might not be perfect.

Edited by Insurrection, 16 July 2010 - 02:02 AM.

#31 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:23 AM

Well we only get too see so much of Minato and he is in his prime of sorts during this time. If he were perfect he would have saved Kushina and Naruto simultaneously. Or he would have taken Madara out the second he appeared and then I'd complain. But as Insurrection said its not really important.

I wonder what Hiruzen is up too, I was going to say they went to help out the village but Madara summoned the 9 tails after they had already dissapeared
\

#32 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:50 AM

Absolutely incredible chapter, love Minato, still amazing Kishi.

#33 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:58 AM

Gosh darn it! mad.gif Why did the fourth have to die? Why did Kushina have to die? Why are some of the coolest characters in this series dead?! smack.gif

#34 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:59 AM

Minato is awzome biggrin.gif

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#35 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:46 AM

Nah, Sasuke's not a canon sue. He'd be a canon sue if he was perfect; as of now, Sasuke's a wacky, insane dog of Madara who'd betrayed his friends/teammates and the ideals that Itachi himself went rogue to protect. He also hasn't really won a fight perfectly and easily to be a Canon Sue.

#36 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:04 AM

Bingo.

#37 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:23 AM

Sasuke's talented, sure, but being talented doesn't make you a Mary Sue. Being perfect does. Sasuke is as far from perfect as you can get, and he has so many psychological problems.

Sleepyfans version of 502 is up, by the way. Once again, it seems their's is better than Mangastream's. The only thing I don't like about them is their font choice, since it looks sloppy.

#38 NaruGirl

NaruGirl

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:19 AM

Just read it, and Minato was awesome! laugh.gif
NaruSaku isn't just something, it's 100% the best.:3

#39 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jul 16 2010, 05:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nah, Sasuke's not a canon sue. He'd be a canon sue if he was perfect; as of now, Sasuke's a wacky, insane dog of Madara who'd betrayed his friends/teammates and the ideals that Itachi himself went rogue to protect. He also hasn't really won a fight perfectly and easily to be a Canon Sue.

So how can we make Minato a Canon Sue then, because we know he is faulted, and is not going to win against MAdara, because Madara'a stil around and Minato isn't goin to survive this, he failed to protect his wife having the Kyuubi extracted, I'd say Minato is super powerful, but he's not the strongest we've seen to date, the bloke doesn't even appear to have a bloodline that we are aware of or even a element affinity, if he had a bloodline then i'd say he's Canon Sue, but for this Manga he's got quite a few Ninja's that are around his level, He'd be Top Tier, And lets not forget non of these Ninja's compare to the Sage of the Six Path.

iAnby7W.gif

#40 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:57 AM

When Sasuke started crying, and Itachi said "I don't like this feeling" (or Mangasteam's "What an awful feeling"), my first thought was that Sasuke needs his diapers changed. err.gif

QUOTE (harry4e @ Jul 15 2010, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Liked how they showed Minato used the Rasengan trick, it shows that maybe Naruto gets his on the fly planning from his father

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Jul 15 2010, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, I think that comes from Kushina. Tsunade said Naruto has a similar fighting style to Kushina. So, it's likely that "strategies on the fly" planning comes from Kushina.

I had the same thought as Harry4e. Naruto is very smart at improvised battle tactics, and we are seeing the same with Minato. I think Tsunade's comment was not about tactics but about style: Naruto physically pummels others, like the Bloody Red Habanero.

QUOTE (Daniee @ Jul 15 2010, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Either the ending is deceiving or it's a retcon, as Minato stated when he was talking to Naruto that the masked man read through everything he tried to do.

If we are generous, then Minato's statement is accurate. The masked man knew when and where the birth was, despite being hidden. He has penetrated all defenses, and was prepared for Minato's interference (bombs on the baby). When Minato teleported away, Madara was able to follow him almost instantly... I think that is enough to justify (spirit) Minato's statement.

Edited by RedDelicious, 16 July 2010 - 12:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users