31 replies to this topic

#1 Paranoid.Princess

Paranoid.Princess

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:48 AM

Tell the world about what got you hooked!!

#2 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:11 AM

There were two reasons for me:

-first anime has gotten me hooked for years and I always wanted to give a shot to fan fiction.

-Second reading other fan fics at fanfiction.net, I read so many good stories by great authors who influenced me to set my eyes on the world of fanfiction. I have become a good writter (don't consider myself the best tongue.gif) but I have been put on a lot of people's fav author and author alert list.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#3 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:34 PM

Final Fantasy VII. I remember going to a CloTi website and I read some of the fics there.

Then Naruto came out, and sharingank's fics sold me.

#4 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:58 PM

Would anyone believe me if I said I honestly don't remember? I just started reading one day. tongue.gif

#5 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:38 PM

Wow this was a while back...lets see...ummm....I think it was I missed an episode of Dawson's Creek, Season three I believe, so I did a search on the web and found a site i'd visited before and ended up in the fanfiction section and started reading and the rest was history, that was over a decade ago now.

iAnby7W.gif

#6 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:55 PM

I believed the Sonic Fandom has gotten me into fanfiction and fanart many years ago. (and I was looking up for Knuckles and Julie-Su's relationship details since that's my OTP for the comic book series -before Sonic and Amy- ).

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#7 TwinEnigma

TwinEnigma

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Justice. Win. Credit where credit is due. Art. Lots of it.

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:56 PM

I started writing with my friends, as a group and on my own, in 96 for several fandoms - we didn't post anything at that point, but it was pretty fun to bounce ideas off others, build worlds as a sort of team to form a (somewhat) cohesive universe and get feedback on it.

I... have burned virtually everything from that point in time.

Seriously, I destroyed the evidence. --Click here to view--
It was littered by Mary Sues and lolololol so random pop culture/movie quotes/etc to the point that it was borderline incoherence. Most of my friends had already divorced themselves from those fics and their solo ventures by the time I decided to get rid of everything. I can only remember bits and pieces of the the overall trainwrecks we'd come up with and only because I did manage to save a handful of drawings from that point in time.

I started posting as a solo writer in 2002, when I was overseas and I went into about 5 different fandoms at once. I had stories to tell and I needed them out in the world.
TwinEnigma's Deviantart - No reposting any of TwinEnigma's art without express permission.

#8 Blazing CobaltX

Blazing CobaltX

Yuri Trainer on Fire

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:Pokémon(OMFG, what am I doing here then?! ^^'), Phoenix Wright, Naruto(Ofc), and K-ON.

Other shizzle:
    Drawing(Which doesn't mean I'm good at it!), playing Pokémon(Ofc)(Which isn't possible anymore... TT_TT) and several other games, and some other things(Like watching anime, of course!).

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:45 AM

My first fanfics were from Phoenix Wright, I missed the lack of Maya in AJ:AA so I started reading fanfics. And they were so awesome! wow.png
Then I moved on to NaruSaku fanfics, and that got me even more hooked to fanfiction. wow.png

#9 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 02 April 2011 - 12:14 PM

I started reading fanfics in late 1997/early 1998. The internet was still young, having really only come into being for the mass public in 1995/1996. Dial-up was still king. Netscape and AOL ruled all. And Cartoon Network was still kickass (not anymore!) and were airing animes like Dragonball Z, Sailor Moon, and Gundum Wing. I was obsessed with DBZ and Sailor Moon. I would spend literal hours a day (sometimes even instead of doing my homework XD) going to many different fan-sites, and reading up on Power Levels (Frieza is over 1 million zomg! lol) and Sailor Senshi. Then one day while perusing through a DBZ website that I'd never been on before, I saw two different links on the left-hand side of the page (yes, I still even remember where I first discovered the links XD). The links were highlighted as 'Fanart' and 'Fanfiction'. I was intensely curious. I asked my teenage self "what the heck was fanart and fanfiction". So I clicked on the fanfiction link and I kid you not, it was like the gates of heaven opened up and heavenly light flooded down on me in that library's computer lab I was in that day. I could not believe my eyes! Story after story about my fave DBZ characters were listed all the way down the screen. I spent the entire day in that library devouring story after story, and then once I got back home I searched the internet and devoured more fics. Over the next couple of years Fanfiction.net came into being, and the rest as they say is history wink.gif

#10 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:08 PM

Oh gosh, first fanfics... I was in eighth grade (eight or nine years ago now), if I remember right, and a friend of mine randomly brought a smutty Inu-Yasha/Kagome fic to school and let me read it. I was embarrassed by it but also intrigued so I went home to find more.

From there, I just started doing Google searches for Miroku/Sango and Harry/Hermione fics, and my life was forever changed XD

In fact...I think I still have a link to the first fansite I ever found; Kumo no Su, for Miroku/Sango. *siiiiigh* That site also introduced me to my first abandoned fic. Even now, I still want to know how it ends ;______;

#11 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Apr 2 2011, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I started reading fanfics in late 1997/early 1998. The internet was still young, having really only come into being for the mass public in 1995/1996. Dial-up was still king. Netscape and AOL ruled all. And Cartoon Network was still kickass (not anymore!) and were airing animes like Dragonball Z, Sailor Moon, and Gundum Wing.

Ah memories, and back then, I didn't even own a computer and internet! (I didn't get expose to the internet, probably until around 1999/2000).

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#12 ia3

ia3

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:58 AM

Interesting topic!

My sister started me out actually. I found out she was writing for the RK fandom and went on ff.net to look for her. Til this day I dunno what she wrote or what her penname is coz she won't tell me. But instead of RK, I think I remember starting to read a bit of Ah My Goddess! fics, and I tried looking for a good Gatekeepers fic (I have a thing for Ruriko if anyone is old enough to know what i'm talking about), and somehow i stumbled upon sharingank's Petals.

I was blown away by the WAFF and the quality of writing, and immediately read all her other Narusakus, one of which has a shoutout/link to this place. So I have never looked back since smile.gif

To disgrace oneself is something a samurai should never do.

#13 6thHokage

6thHokage

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:41 AM

Umm, let's see, first fanfic, i think that would have to be dragonball z with vegeta and bulma( i didn't really get the pairing and i found some great authors who shed some light on the topic) anyway, i don't really remember the site. So, yeah pretty much it! Ever since i've obsessed over the GREAT pairing( in my opinion, i should say, for all those Sakusasu or Sasusaku or whatever they are fans) of Naruto and Sakura ( i'm really hoping shippuden shows actual growth in their relationship, by the way.)

#14 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:06 AM

Hm, I started with some Naruto fan fiction because of Deviantart. I had an Internet friend who posted NaruSaku and SoulMaka stories. I loved it! >:D I then got into fan fiction net because of this site, though I'm a DB/DBZ fan fiction fanatic I read some Naruto fictions!

#15 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:47 AM

I saw a sub-heading of "fanfiction" in a yahoo search for an anime I was looking for and clicked it out of curiosity. I enjoyed the first one I read, so I kept reading.

#16 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:00 AM

Did I forget to mention the "hot" parts? M-rated are the bomb heheelq7.png Yes, I admit it.

#17 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:28 AM

Back in the day, when I was looking for as many Sonic the Hedgehog fansites as I could, I looked at the Gameguides, the character profiles, and fanart, of course. However, I stumbled upon some "fanfiction" in those sections, and I had no idea what they were. So, I clicked the link. They gave me synopsis's of stories where I was like "WHAT!? That never happened!!" So, of course, I had to eventually look up exactly what fanfiction was, and soon, whenever I was obsessed with a series, I had to find fanfiction on it.

Some, though, due to excessive Yaoi content, made some fanfiction less desirable to browse around than others ("cough" Gundam Wing "cough").

#18 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:34 AM

Some, though, due to excessive Yaoi content, made some fanfiction less desirable to browse around than others ("cough" Gundam Wing "cough").

Gundam Wing was how I was introduced to yaoi. Dear Lord, those fics bastardized Duo's character so bad.

#19 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Apr 2 2011, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gundam Wing was how I was introduced to yaoi. Dear Lord, those fics bastardized Duo's character so bad.

The first time I discovered it, I had no idea what the terms meant. I clicked the link and saw rather...disturbing...images. From then on, I made it a point to avoid those fics. At least ff.net has a character filter to reduce the encounters now.

#20 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:19 PM

I'm glad I was still an innocent kid back when I was fanboying on GW. So I didn't "stumble" on the dark side. And I think I'm particularly blessed that I NEVER discovered GW yaoi back then. biggrin.gif (otherwise I would've been mind raped by then)

DuoxHilde all the way damn it!!!! 111193.gif

I read fanfiction for the first time on dA. And then I went on NF and looked up a ShikaTema doujin on the SxT FC. That was how I got introduced to ff.net

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users