#2 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:16 PM

E324 thoughts

Edited by sushi., 08 August 2013 - 06:20 PM.

ナルサク

#3 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:48 PM

Despite this being a filler, its a necessary one, this is to patch up the difference between the anime and manga of when Naruto met Utakata, so aside from the surprise meeting and seeing that the other was a jinchurki, it was needed to give the continuity for the anime. Likewise this reduces the difference of the scene with all the tailed beast and Jinchurki down to just a few lines of dialogue. If anything don't be surprised if Naruto recognizes the 3 tails and freaks out at first cause he did encounter it in the anime too.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#4 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:57 PM

Despite this being a filler, its a necessary one, this is to patch up the difference between the anime and manga of when Naruto met Utakata, so aside from the surprise meeting and seeing that the other was a jinchurki, it was needed to give the continuity for the anime. Likewise this reduces the difference of the scene with all the tailed beast and Jinchurki down to just a few lines of dialogue. If anything don't be surprised if Naruto recognizes the 3 tails and freaks out at first cause he did encounter it in the anime too.

manga spoiler

ナルサク

#5 Darkness

Darkness

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:44 PM

I have a question for the anime followers... how is the overall animation going? Does it still feels like it's being rushed?

Since the Pein fight against Naruto and that scene "My pain is greater than yours" I dropped the anime.

The fillers also helped to kept me away after that actually...

Edited by Darkness, 08 August 2013 - 11:44 PM.

bKTC2.png

#6 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:41 AM

Well...

Edited by TerrorKing, 09 August 2013 - 12:48 AM.

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#7 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:37 AM

I have a question for the anime followers... how is the overall animation going? Does it still feels like it's being rushed?

Since the Pein fight against Naruto and that scene "My pain is greater than yours" I dropped the anime.

Animation wise, its good. Nothing turned to goo and looney tunes when it was the episode Madara Uchiha when he starts devistating the 4th company. The animation was good, quick, and fluid with him decimating tons of fodder ninja. Among the best animations after the freakish pain animation, there were a few good ones:

-Sasuke's raid on the 5 kage summit- got good with the liger bomb and when he unleashed his Sussano for the first time

-Sasuke vs. Dazno, the animation became a bit physic with the animation of Izanagi.

-Bee vs. Kisame, they extended this fight to show off more of Kisames fused form and it got good with the Ay-Bee combo double lirat

-Naruto vs Kurama- got good real quick

-Guy vs Kisame, mainly for Guy's big move

But this recent one with Madara was very good, especially when the meteor was called down.

Otherwise in terms of these few coming episodes, for the first time in a long time its going to be a combination of extended canon and filler canon. Extended Canon meaning situations in which the main plot is still there but they extend the scene kinda like when Sakura was being more active in trying to help Naruto train in wind style with her food pills (as bad as they tasted) and giving the speech of do not under estimate Naruto to Sai. Basically they gave more focus to Sakura than just have her moment with the look. Another one is actually Kakashi vs. Sasuke in the land of iron, actually in the manga this was only 1 mere chapter, about 13 or so pages. Yet they made an entire episode out of it where Sasuke brings Kakashi to the brink before Sakura returns and tries to kill Sasuke and then Naruto comes to save her. Extended canon is where they follow the same basic stuff but give it a rather expanded view. I'm pretty sure they did the same with a few battles in the 4th war arc too. From the previews of next week, we get to see what happened to Roshi when Itachi and Kisame found him, we know that battle took place in the manga, now we get to see it in action. Filler canon however is when filler elements or previously unknown backstory is just thrown in. One case of filler canon can be what we just saw, Utakata but this was also for the sake of continuity for the anime. Some minor characters like that short haired girl in love with Gaara or the lighting sword Kiba, they originated in filler but made it into the manga later on. Hence they became filler canon. In this case, we may see something like Naruto knowing the 3 tails from the 3 tails filler arc after he meets son goku. Basically somethings will continue from previous fillers or just get new content altogether.

Basically extended canon is they stick primarily to the main event but in ways add more content, Kakashi vs. Sasuke perfectly fits this. They fight but they show more of a fight. Tenten vs. Temari from all the way back, or Shino vs Kankuro is another. Basically we see canon fights we never saw or had time to see in the manga. Dont be suprised if we see how Madara recked the 5 kage after we were left seeing them face the sussano army before the critical condition of them was revealed.

Filler canon takes moments though that originally didn't exist or originated in the anime and either changes them or adds stuff in we never had before. Both in turn create a "filler canon material" as said before, the recent episode is a pure part of this as is some minor elements like people or objects from the story. One that definitely did this was Hinata vs Pain, they got an episode full of flashbacks and her fighting pain rather then she just gets quickly beat down in the manga. Another is actually the sannin fight, Tsunade just gets right to pummeling Orochimaru but in the anime they make her struggle.

The exact terms can be debated but some stuff is definately more accurate than others like say all those offscreen fights we know occur or Kakashi vs Sasuke, we know Kakashi gets pushed back but they made an episode showcasing the power so its still sticking towards a battle just an extended one. Stuff like Hinata vs Pain though, they radically change it from a simple beatdown on Hinata, to her struggling and having a lot of flashbacks, but seriously I don't want the ep containing 615 to be this overzealous again. I really felt like they over-dramatized ep 166, they never did this to any other character but for Hinata full of filler flashbacks, just no. I really don't want to see this crap again after Neji dies, he dies, Naruto freaks out, Hinata slaps him, speaks, Kurama speaks, power mode goes on, Naruto highfives everyone, case closed.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#8 Darkness

Darkness

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:16 PM

@Inferno180

Hm... so that's nice. Apparently the animation was bumped up a little then... but still I'll just watch the anime again when the manga is finished. It's kind odd though that 5 years ago I never minded fillers, actually I didn't even know what they were, but now I can't handle watching them knowing that nothing relevant story wise will happen and any new characters introduced in the arc nearly 100% of the time will not be shown or mentioned ever again.

And yes, I'm familiar with both terms you used but unfortunately we can't do much since they are tied to canon episodes. I don't mind them much since they are not very long usually, although I agree that the Hinata's part you mentioned wasn't really necessary. In my opinion of course.

Edited by Darkness, 09 August 2013 - 11:20 PM.

bKTC2.png

#9 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:21 PM

^I think they'll spare the good animation for the important scenes. The most impactful ones, the battle scenes etc.

Long series like One Piece and Naruto have to follow a budget after all, but series like Shingeki no Kyojin, Kuroko no basket have more quality because they have seasons.

Edited by sushi., 09 August 2013 - 11:21 PM.

ナルサク

#10 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:46 AM

yeah and the three tails arc was actually a pretty good filler arc

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#11 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:04 AM

Ehh yeah I will say that the Utatkata filler seemed out of place here too. Kind of was expecting it since is is legitimately a canon filler, but the flashback took up too much of the episode so I did not enjoy it too much. That aside I was happy that the fight was extended though.

Edited by Phantom_999, 13 August 2013 - 02:05 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#12 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:30 PM

Well...

I didnt like that arc, Utakata used his bijuu chakra in front of Naruto and he didnt noticed it really?
And other part was the anime team abusing of Naruto's "dumb" trait like being really stupid and the abuse on Sakura's tsundere trait, she'd hit him for no reason and that wasnt even funny.

This is the reason i dropped the anime also, they over exagerate Naruto's traits and Sakura's tsundere personality, on the 3 tails she punch him two times with no reason.

And their fail attempts to make Hinata relevant to the plot.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 14 August 2013 - 02:34 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users