• This topic is locked This topic is locked
176 replies to this topic

#61 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 02:17 AM

I want the NaruSaku talk. They need to talk. 0___0 Im thinking Naruto will notice Sakura's wound. He'll ask about how it happened and Sakura will either tell him or hide it.

I know this sig is the best. XD

#62 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 02:34 AM

Speaking of the wound...I like how Yamato kinda looked at it right before commenting on Sakura's feelings for Naruto. You could say it kinda symbolizes how Sakura tried to help him and how much she cares about him, even if it's small happy.gif I also hope they talk about what happened...Naruto needs to know how much she cares! Hopefully they return to Konoha next chapter, that would be the perfect opportunity, and it would be kinda stupid to follow Sai at this point anyway...

Hehe...and I just realized something. Jiraiya is gonna be jealous when Naruto & Sakura get together. Since they're the new Jiraiya & Tsunade, but Jiraiya never got Tsunade to go out with him tongue.gif And he says Naruto doesn't understand girls (And he still doesn't IMO...but that makes the fact that Sakura probably loves him now more interesting)

EDIT: Oh yeah...and I've also been reading some cooments of SasuSaku/NaruHina people, and they acting in denial and pretty ridiculous. Well...they're just gonna have to learn to like NaruSaku now :devil: Probably a lost cause...

#63 ligeia

ligeia

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 02:54 AM

QUOTE (Gaara @ Mar 2 2006, 05:55 PM)
What if Sakura indeed finally loves Naruto, but Naruto hast lost his feelings for her over the years? I mean, did we ever see a sign of love interest in Sakura from Naruto in part 2? (I really can't remember)

I don't think he's lost his feelings. As what others have said, but also when he he first sees her again after the time-skip, he tells her he doesn't think she's changed at all. He says that because he's a blockhead who doesn't know how women interpret flattery, but IMHO I think this also indicates his feelings for her haven't changed either. That is, he doesn't see her as looking "more like a woman now", because he's always had the utmost respect/admiration/affection towards her (and her appearance... wink.gif). Hope that makes sense and sounds relevant.

First post, btw...got off my lurking butt and registered today. I hoped Kishimoto was developing Naruto/Sakura since before the time-skip, especially after chapter 183, and after reading 297 I believe without a doubt he has. biggrin.gif

#64 Hinano

Hinano

NaruSaku Lurker

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 03:02 AM

LOL I don't know about anyone else but I thought that NaruSaku was better than any other combo since like....chapter 3/episode 3 of the whole series tongue.gif

I thought the fact that inner sakura actually went along with naruto's pranks and thought they were really funny was a sign in the first place that Sakura's REAL self is just like Naruto...while with Sasuke she's just fake and annoying...and regarding Hinata....I think it's just admiration, I'm sure it could be a crush somewhere too....but Naruto doesn't agnowledge her anymore than like Kiba or Shino or anyone....while Sakurachan actually makes him blush laugh.gif

Remember the chapter where Sakura was healing Kankurou? Naruto was like "Kakkoiii...." (so cool) ^__^ When has he said that about hinata ? >_>

#65 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 05:09 AM

QUOTE (Hinano @ Mar 2 2006, 10:02 PM)
....while Sakurachan actually makes him blush  laugh.gif

Remember the chapter where Sakura was healing Kankurou? Naruto was like "Kakkoiii...." (so cool) ^__^ When has he said that about hinata ? >_>

That's actually the chapter I was thinking of. Although it's not the only one.

#66 Grengo

Grengo

Dance Dance

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:Anime, soccer, running, reading, blah blah blah

Posted 03 March 2006 - 05:15 AM

Your first post, eh? Good to have ya' here. Love your avatar tongue.gif (Roronoa Zoro is the freakin' man)

#67 Urazz

Urazz

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE (Hinano @ Mar 2 2006, 11:02 PM)
LOL I don't know about anyone else but I thought that NaruSaku was better than any other combo since like....chapter 3/episode 3 of the whole series  tongue.gif

I thought the fact that inner sakura actually went along with naruto's pranks and thought they were really funny was a sign in the first place that Sakura's REAL self is just like Naruto...while with Sasuke she's just fake and annoying...and regarding Hinata....I think it's just admiration, I'm sure it could be a crush somewhere too....but Naruto doesn't agnowledge her anymore than like Kiba or Shino or anyone....while Sakurachan actually makes him blush  laugh.gif

Agreed! It was pretty much on chapter 3 where I first started believing in Naru/Saku. I never really liked Sasu/Saku cause I just never got any chemistry between them or at least from Sasuke's part.
Urazz: Hey sis what's going on?
Urazz's Sister: I cut myself.
Urazz: Take it like a man even if your a woman.
Urazz's Sister: Ok!
*Urazz's Sister kicks Urazz in the groin.*
Urazz: $%^&*#
Urazz's Sister: I dunno. I'm sure it's much better to take it like a woman. That was evidence to support my theory.
*Urazz whimpers like a baby*

#68 BlackSheep

BlackSheep

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 06:42 AM

*stars to slowly clap, stands up, clapping gets faster and evens off* I would just like to say, very nice, Kishimoto. You make me proud to be a Naruto addict and a NaruSaku fan.

It's hard to deny what we've been given. If only Kishimoto let Yamato finish that sentence! I wonder if Naruto will notice te marks on Sakura's arm? I wonder further, then, if the case is 'yes', if h'll ask about them... I KNEW he'd wound her when he reached four-tailed mode!

Well, we all knew Sai would swing that way, eventually. Though he probably has some completely different plan. Maybe he'll actually attempt to bring ol' Oro down? Maybe that's too much hope. Regardless, great NaruSaku chapter, altogether. Now to get Sasuke out of the way...

#69 LynnAzure

LynnAzure

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 07:29 AM

it was the 'large charming forehead' incident that made me like NaruSaku.

I wonder what Danzous plan is. To make an ally of the man who tried to destroy Konoha is bizarre.

#70 Soritia

Soritia

Uchiha Obito Obsessor

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts
  • Interests:This should be obvious...

Posted 03 March 2006 - 08:17 AM

Yeah, I was a NaruSaku fan by chapter 3. XD (though it had mainly to do with how much I liked Naruto. Naruto pointed at Sasuke and said "I hate that guy!" and thus Sori-chan hated Sasuke. Naruto pointed at Sakura and said: "I like that girl!" and Sori-chan became a NaruSaku fan. Only over time has it grown deeper than just my like of the main character.)

Hmm... I'm all for Danzou selling Sai's body (lol, Sai's the pass-around ho!), it's my favorite theory so far, however I can't see how Danzou benefits from it. Maybe Danzou wants Orochimaru to be Hokage. :/ If that's true, I smell another attack on Konoha and if Sasuke participates there ain't NO coming back for him.

#71 blessed_devil

blessed_devil

...Advanced Member?

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:Making fanfics, reading fanfics, watching TV especially Naruto, eating, sleeping, playing...

Posted 03 March 2006 - 09:11 AM

I just want to be clear of something.

What is the true translation of Yamato's words? I've seen so many other versions and I have to know...
Nothing is more reassuring than Kakashi saying "They'll be alright. Pakkun is with them."

#72 roshumba

roshumba

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 09:46 AM

296 and 297 we need colorings of the NaruSaku moments!

#73 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 03 March 2006 - 10:05 AM

Welcome to the boards, ligeia. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (blessed_devil @ Mar 3 2006 @ 09:11AM)
What is the true translation of Yamato's words? I've seen so many other versions and I have to know...

Well, blessed, all of the translations I have seen on Mangahelpers point at the same thing - Yamato commenting on Sakura's feelings for Naruto. smile.gif

Various translations in spoiler:
Click For Spoiler
Yumi-Chan's

Yamato:
出来る事の大きい小さいは問題じゃないよ。。。
大切なのはナルトを想う気持ちの大きさでしょうよ
If the able's are big or small doesn't matter...
The important thing is that you feelings for Naruto are huge.

Yamato:
フッ。。。
Hm...

サクラ。。。
君を見ていたら分かる
Sakura...
It's written all over your face.
君はホントは。。。
The one you truelly...

Ratfox's

出来る事の大きい小さいは問題じゃないよ。。。 大切なのはナルトを想う気持ちの大きさでしょうよ
Yamato: It's not a problem of small or big... What's important is the strength of the feelings you have for Naruto.

フッ。。。
Yamato: Heh...

サクラ。。。 君を見ていたら分かる 君はホントは。。。
Yamato: Sakura... I can tell by looking at you. In reality, you...

Sho's
Yamato- "What you can do is not a problem of whether it's a small or big thing.. what's important is how much you think of and care for Naruto, right?"
Sakura- "....."
Yamato- "Phew"
Yamato- "Sakura.. if you look you will understand..you truly are."

Ryoma Echizen's
Yamato: What you can do is not a matter of how much or how little.

The important thing is that you care a lot about Naruto, is it not

Sakura... by looking at you I understand.

You really...

KON's
yamato: it's not about what you can do..
yamato: it's the thought that counts..
yamato: sakura..., i can tell by looking at you..
yamato: that you really..

I've only seen ONE translation that did not hint at Sakura's feelings and it was completely different from everyone else's. Shriner showed me the page (sorry, I do not remember the website). It even changed the scene so it looked more like Yamato was commenting on Sakura's abilities, completely removing all reference to her feelings.

Rest assured, Yamato was indeed commenting on Sakura's feelings for Naruto. wink.gif

#74 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 03 March 2006 - 10:09 AM

This is by far my favourite NF post tongue.gif

Click For Spoiler
Original post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omolara
Loving someone and being in love with someone are two distinctly different concepts.
The line is "kima wa honto wa..." Which can mean almost anything depending on what the following clause is.

Response:
Honto is really... as in "you really" something.

But I put it to you that you're not thinking in terms of japanese cultural context.

The Japanese frown heavily on open displays of affection.

They do not touch in public.
It is considered highly inappropriate to touch someone of the opposite sex in public.
And talking about love... it's just not done... at least not done by completing a sentence.

If you know enough about Japanese language to point out the meaning of that statement by him... than you know that he's never going to complete that sentence even if Naruto hadn't interrupted.

The japanese have this habit of not completing their sentences... letting the implied meaning linger in the air.

Westerners are generally considered overly direct for their taste.

But here's the thing... if it's brotherly or sisterly love he's talking about... he'd never even bring it up. Neither brotherly or sisterly love actively act to undermine a mission or teamwork. Romantic love does.

That was Yamato's way of cautioning her that she needs to come to grips with what she's feeling, and put it out of her head because they're still in a hostile situation... and at the same time as a warning to not let her romantic feelings undermine her professionalism at that moment.

If Yamato would have completed that sentence... if he had said "you really love him" than the Japanese readers would have been shocked beyond comprehension... because to do so would be totally rude... and culturally unthinkable.

It'd be culturally similar to having him say. "Geeze Sakura, why don't you just ram your tounge down his throat already.. it's obvious you want him to do you right here and now."

We can play games with this all day... but the implication is there... not one, but most all of the translators implied the connection... The best thing to do is ask someone that's a native speaker. I'm sure that they'll agree with the assessment that he's talking about her loving Naruto now as well.

#75 blessed_devil

blessed_devil

...Advanced Member?

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:Making fanfics, reading fanfics, watching TV especially Naruto, eating, sleeping, playing...

Posted 03 March 2006 - 10:25 AM

Wee...... alright, thank you, Smiter... happy.gif

Anyways, about the chapter.

Sai, calling Sasuke a bad ninja for betraying Konoha doesn't give you the right to go out and do the exact same thing.

Sakura, hun, I don't think that punching someone who has just woken up from unconsciousness is such a good idea. tongue.gif
Nothing is more reassuring than Kakashi saying "They'll be alright. Pakkun is with them."

#76 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 03 March 2006 - 10:29 AM

XDD

I like that post, Shauna-chan!

It is true, while Yamato did not complete his sentence, it has a very heavy implication. Heck, we all know Kishi often likes to trail off on things and make subtle hints.

I was reading on Mangahelpers just now, and found this topic:

Who Does Sakura Prefer Now?

I enjoyed reading the NaruHina/SasuSaku posts. XD It's the same old stuff they have churned out ever since 245. I ask this - would you ever blush around your brother/sister? huh.gif Sakura is also not messing around with Naruto (Yamato was commenting on HER feelings, she wasn't flirting or anything), she is definitely NOT that kind of girl.

Also, what would be the point of Kishimoto emphasising Sakura's feelings towards Naruto if they were not going to amount to anything? The implication is there that what Sakura feels for Naruto is more than simple friendship, and most definitely not a crush.

BTW, I voted for Naruto in the poll. wink.gif Of course, polls are just popularity things, so the NaruHinas and SasuSakus will gang up and vote Sasuke. But, hey, no harm in giving Naruto a good show at least. XD

#77 Urazz

Urazz

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Mar 3 2006, 06:29 AM)
XDD

I like that post, Shauna-chan!

It is true, while Yamato did not complete his sentence, it has a very heavy implication.  Heck, we all know Kishi often likes to trail off on things and make subtle hints.

I was reading on Mangahelpers just now, and found this topic:

Who Does Sakura Prefer Now?

I enjoyed reading the NaruHina/SasuSaku posts. XD  It's the same old stuff they have churned out ever since 245.  I ask this - would you ever blush around your brother/sister? huh.gif  Sakura is also not messing around with Naruto (Yamato was commenting on HER feelings, she wasn't flirting or anything), she is definitely NOT that kind of girl.

Also, what would be the point of Kishimoto emphasising Sakura's feelings towards Naruto if they were not going to amount to anything?  The implication is there that what Sakura feels for Naruto is more than simple friendship, and most definitely not a crush.

BTW, I voted for Naruto in the poll. wink.gif  Of course, polls are just popularity things, so the NaruHinas and SasuSakus will gang up and vote Sasuke.  But, hey, no harm in giving Naruto a good show at least. XD

So far it looks like Naruto is beating the pants off of Sasuke. w00t.gif

Edit: Not to mention the translations aren't that different. Only one out of the 4 of them is different. The other ones are pretty much the same. Just worded differently from what I've seen. Least on that scene.
Urazz: Hey sis what's going on?
Urazz's Sister: I cut myself.
Urazz: Take it like a man even if your a woman.
Urazz's Sister: Ok!
*Urazz's Sister kicks Urazz in the groin.*
Urazz: $%^&*#
Urazz's Sister: I dunno. I'm sure it's much better to take it like a woman. That was evidence to support my theory.
*Urazz whimpers like a baby*

#78 Hinano

Hinano

NaruSaku Lurker

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 12:35 PM

I am like almost fluent in Japanese
Yumichan's is probably the closest translation compared to the rest
(geez the last one is probably the worst lol)

Here's my translation
"It's not whether you do something big or small, what matters is the size of your feelings for Naruto" a_dance.gif
"When I look at you I can tell...Sakura you really are..." smile.gif

IN LOVE WITH NARUTO a_smashy.gif

#79 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 01:17 PM

As I recall, Sho is still learning. I debated with him early on at NF and I thought he said he was learning Japanese then, but that he was using online sources to fill in gaps. He might've learned a lot by then or I may have misremembered.

IMO, he is very biased in terms of anything Sasuke-related, including SasuSaku although he claims to not prefer the pairing.

#80 sharingank

sharingank

Inner Kyuubi

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:Uh...stuff. I like Naruto. Wow. What a surprise. Gaara, Kakashi, Neji, and Kankuro are the boys.

Posted 03 March 2006 - 01:33 PM

*feels her excitement level growing*

Okay, just to reiterate an almost overdone point...

WHY WOULD KISHI EMPHASIZE A PLATONIC RELATIONSHIP, EH?? It's not as much of a shock if Sakura loves him like a brother, since we've more or less known that for some time now. It's a much bigger plot twist to have Sakura's feelings go in the reverse: platonic toward Sasuke, and loving toward Naruto.

The post that Shauna-chan mentioned pretty much sold me (though I was already ecstatic enough XD). Dissenters can dance around this all they want, but, being a writer and an avid reader myself....I know all the hints are there. If the entire second half of the series thus far has not been a set-up for a potential NaruSaku relationship, I have no idea WHAT IS, particularly when you look at the culture that is producing this. Sometimes, it makes me think that the only other way N/H and S/Sers will believe what's happening is for Sakura to just grab Naruto and snog him, but we all know THAT'S highly unlikely...out in public. XD

*dances happily*

LIFE IS GOOD. XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users