98 replies to this topic

#41 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:08 AM

With all the news from Kishimoto's interview, I almost forgot my Hey Arnold post for the Holidays today!

Today we are looking at Mr. Hyunh.

tumblr_lof0zvXLIl1qe5vif.gif

Mr. Hyunh was a part of Arnold's "non traditional" border house family. A Southern Vietnamese man who moved to the US after he gave his daughter up to US soldiers during the fall of Saigon, Mr. Hyunh had some episodes where he was a main supporting cast member, and a few where he was moved up to a main cast member. Perhaps none more so then when Mr. Hyunh "went country". His voice when he sang was provided by Country Western Star Randy Travis, who created yet another one of the famous songs from the show. The Simple Things is one of the great songs that is little known today outside of the Hey Arnold, right up there with the songs of Dino Spumoni.

Edited by Tiller, 14 December 2014 - 07:09 AM.

#42 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:18 AM

Today's Hey Arnold image became a major theme of the story. "The most beautiful gift can come in the plainest box." became a theme of Helga's love for Arnold. Although Helga was never the most beautiful girl around, her true spirit would at times shine threw. Whenever Helga's walls were down around Arnold, you would begin to see hints that he liked her for who she really was deep down. Many of the dream episodes have Arnold's subconscious telling him just how much he cares about Helga.

tumblr_m17y6uiWPq1r9c63ao1_500.gif

#43 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:35 AM

Although without a doubt the B couple of the series, Phoebe and Gerald had many heart warming moments... well mostly in the background. Often if there was a wide shot of the group you'd often see these two together. So today our Hey Arnold post goes to the B team, Phoebe and Gerald.

tumblr_mwuig02WrL1ro8ysbo1_r1_500.gif

#44 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:42 PM

Although without a doubt the B couple of the series, Phoebe and Gerald had many heart warming moments... well mostly in the background. Often if there was a wide shot of the group you'd often see these two together. So today our Hey Arnold post goes to the B team, Phoebe and Gerald.

tumblr_mwuig02WrL1ro8ysbo1_r1_500.gif

Phoebe and Gerald is an awesome couple too! It's been portrayed well in a lot of fanfics.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#45 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:00 AM

It's time to talk about Steely Phil!

tumblr_mgfphs60NP1r9c63ao1_500.gif

hey-arnold-grandpa-phil.gif?w=279&h=207

Arnold's Grandfather is a genuine war hero. In the episode Veteran's Day we learn that in the Hey Arnold universe Phil was a big part of the victory for the Battle of the Bulge.

gApjiNg.gif

tumblr_mejc60YZtO1rs54coo1_500.gif

Well ok so maybe he didn't beat up Hitler, but Steely Phil did help give the German Army food poisoning, which lead to the Ally victory. All because of a truck load of bad Cham.

SteelyPhil%27sMonument.jpg

Edited by Tiller, 17 December 2014 - 06:02 AM.

#46 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 06:35 AM

As we continue with our Count Down to Christmas, it's time to mention the other half of Arnold's guardian's his Grandmother Gertrude "Pookie" Shortman.

Much like Helga towards Arnold, Gertrude (back then known as Gertie) used to bully Philip because she had a crush on him, but didn't know how to deal with her feelings. 70 years later when we meet Gertrude (now nicknamed Pookie by Philip) she seems to live in her own little world. Some people think she has Alzheimer well others simply believe that she (much like her Grandson) has an over active imagination, but no longer cares enough about social institutions, so she lives her life as she wants. For those of us watching this usually means she is having fun dressing up, acting out scenarios, and flirting with Philip by putting on different acts. She also had a tendncy to celebrate Holidays whenever she wanted (celebrating the 4th of July on Thanksgiving for example, and celebrating the "12 Days of Christmas" starting on April Fools day because of course she saw her shadow alah Groundhog's Day.)

The people who think Pookie just puts on an act because she wants to make life more exciting have a lot in their favor. She always takes care of Phil and is kind to him, and above all else is always there for her Grandson even when he doesn't know that she is watching him. For example she tries to pass on her carefree attitude towards Arnold by often singing to him to make him feel better in the spirit of the early Jazz Age of her youth.

Over the years Pookie did many things for her Grandson. She taught him how to fight, dance, sing, and was often there for him whenever he needed her well she was playing a role. She's dressed as a martial arts master, a Jazz Signer, a Catwoman like super hero, and action adventure "crazy cop", Santa Claus, and multiple other characters. The one costume she used multiple times though was as when she would dress up as a cowgirl/rancher often talking about the greatness of code of the west.

tumblr_lsu11nOsho1qls1me.gif

Pookie's theme in life was simple yet inspiring. Life is a gift, so make it a good one! Live like no one is watching, live for yourself, and be there for you loved ones. Despite often being in the background her strength was always there to be seen, and some even see a lot of Helga in her. Pookie and Phil would often argue with each other much like Arnold and Helga would when Arnold wasn't around, but it always ended with one kissing the other.

Pookie: Isn't that sweet? Oh what an adorable little girl I was back then! *Pointing to her childhood picture from when she used to bully Phil*

Phil: Yup, you still got it Pookie.

Pookie: Awww.... *kisses Phil*

Phil: Did you make Watermelon for dinner again?

Pookie: What's your point Chin boy? (Gertrude's "football head" like remark from when they were kids)

Phil: Oh no Pookie! You did didn't you!

Pookie: Don't start with me Chin boy!

Phil: You didn't! Just say you did!

A06.jpg?9057

Pookie and Phil singing together a Dino Spumoni hit together:

Edited by Tiller, 18 December 2014 - 06:41 AM.

#47 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:08 AM

Today on the countdown to Christmas, we look at another beloved Hey Arnold character Rhonda Wellington. Rhonda was the rich girl in the story. What her Father did exactly is never said, it just seems like he "invested". Maybe he was a venture capitalist? Maybe he was just a rich boy who lived on his own Father's wealth, we are never told outright.

tumblr_miof0xLe441qdmbouo1_400.gif

Rhonda and Curly who had a huge crush on her.

Rhonda was the "queen bee" among the kids, and although sometimes Helga would stick up to her, most people let her play her role.

Fashion and material things was what she loved.

tumblr_myey6iSM2B1rome1po2_250.gif

tumblr_lmjulfX4sA1ql0sq0o1_500.gif

Even when her family lost their wealth for a short time, Rhonda although heart broken, still tried setting fashion trends by making her own clothing.

#48 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:10 AM

They're giving the episode of the author who ended up being crabby. Somehow, I only wished Kishi was like that. That I could at least respect but wished for him to find himself again. Really good episode.

#49 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:14 AM

They're giving the episode of the author who ended up being crabby. Somehow, I only wished Kishi was like that. That I could at least respect but wished for him to find himself again. Really good episode.

Think Kishimoto would write a story about "The Weird Headed Boy, and The Mean Old Witch."?

I don't, but I know what your saying it would be nice...

#50 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:01 PM

Think Kishimoto would write a story about "The Weird Headed Boy, and The Mean Old Witch."?

I don't, but I know what your saying it would be nice...

The whole point is one author lost faith in literature because he/she thinks it's full of crap, but you would never know that you may inspired one person. That's what I wished Kishi see.

#51 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:50 AM

Well guys and gals I really don't have much time today, so here are some picture of Harold. I'll try to make up for it more next time.

tumblr_m7poejD19p1qf96jro1_r3_500.gif

hey-arnold.jpg

tumblr_lv2p4kOrvz1r71xhdo5_250.gif

#52 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:09 AM

It waz like NaruSaku. Sakura was like Helga while Naruto was like Arnold. And Lila is just as bland as Hinata.

I like Arnold x Helga but I don't like when the fandom bashes Lila. She doesn't even like Arnold and there is really no reason to bash her except for the fact that she always rejects him which has bad "nice guy" connotations. Like..us NS fans should know better.

#53 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:00 PM

This was arnold in the early stages.

arnold_throug_the_years_by_a_r_t_q_u_e_e

#54 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:09 PM

509356167_759751.gif?4

#55 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:33 PM

e03b09ffe1e10b89e6033ebfe397f580.jpg

umm this is hot lol.

#56 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:23 PM

Dino Spumoni singing Back in the Swing.

#57 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:35 PM

My favorite episodes were the ones with those scary urban legends. Particularly the one with four-eyed jack and the train that stops in what is insinuated as hell. Lol :smile:

Edited by Phantom_999, 07 April 2015 - 03:35 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#58 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:32 AM

I know some of you like fan made comics, so here is a short couple of panels from a Hey Arnold! one. Hope you enjoy it guys and dolls. Here is the link.

Hey_Arnold___some_comic_thingy_by_unluck

Edited by Tiller, 12 April 2015 - 05:33 AM.

#59 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 12 April 2015 - 02:35 PM

I know some of you like fan made comics, so here is a short couple of panels from a Hey Arnold! one. Hope you enjoy it guys and dolls. Here is the link.

Hey_Arnold___some_comic_thingy_by_unluck

Wow Arnold, can't you see what's right in front of you! XD

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#60 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:03 PM

Since I've shared some fan art here is some more for fellow fans of those kids from Hillwood. This art was created by an amazing artist who goes by the handle KasuKAPL on deviantart. The title of this little comic is "The Last Letter", it's set at the very end of "The Patakis" a show that never was picked up, but would have been about Helga as a teenager growing up without Arnold anymore. In the show one of the big plots was that she would constantly write him letter because she missed him, but would never send them out because she is Helga. Eventually it was hinted that Arnold would come back into her life, and this is KasuKAPL's view of how that would have happened.

the_last_letter_p_1_by_kasukapl-d3llh1o.

the_last_letter_p_2_by_kasukapl-d3yd6u4.

the_last_letter_p_3_by_kasukapl-d43fsqx.

the_last_letter_p_4_end_by_kasukapl-d46r

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users